PDA

View Full Version : Letting The PUPs Out To Play

Joemailman
10-18-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105190749.html

MM said Bigby, Harris and Starks will practice Wednesday. Unlikely Starks can contribute any time soon. If they activate Harris and Bigby right away, who goes? Maybe McDonald? Jarius Wynn or Montgomery if Pickett and Neal will be back?

3irty1
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105190749.html

MM said Bigby, Harris and Starks will practice Wednesday. Unlikely Starks can contribute any time soon. If they activate Harris and Bigby right away, who goes? Maybe McDonald? Jarius Wynn or Montgomery if Pickett and Neal will be back?

I'd guess that Montgomery will be one of the casualties. I'd give the probably cut Q. Johnson who's contributing the least and also have a feeling that Underwood could be on the fringe.

Joemailman
10-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Forgot about Underwood. He would seem to be a likely candidate since Pat Lee is out there more on D and ST.

steve823
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Who cares who they cut, lets all hope Harris comes back strong. I miss seeing him play so hopefully he has some playing time and is back to his old form.

Brandon494
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Finally some good news!

Pugger
10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Finally some good news!

No chit!

CaliforniaCheez
10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Robert Francois
Michael Montgomery
Maurice Simpkins

Francois can go back on the practice squad after clearing waivers.

Harris and Starks right away, Bigby in a week or two.

get louder at lambeau
10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd give the probably cut Q. Johnson who's contributing the least and also have a feeling that Underwood could be on the fringe.

Wasn't it QJ who almost blocked a punt Sunday?

MichiganPackerFan
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd give the probably cut Q. Johnson who's contributing the least and also have a feeling that Underwood could be on the fringe.

Wasn't it QJ who almost blocked a punt Sunday?

Yep, made a good move and got fingers on the ball

Bretsky
10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
What Gas Station is Roelle Preston working at ? Didn't they find him there ?

He's gotta be better than these guys even nearing age 40

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 05:35 AM
Quote from the JSO article: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/105403508.html

Starks said he wasn't sure whether he would be activated this year but was just focusing on sharpening his skills and making sure he was fundamentally sound.

For each of the three who is activated, someone must be trimmed from the 53-man roster.

The article describes Harris almost certain to play Sunday, Bigby is iffy and Starks highly doubtful. We've heard these noises since the start of this thread, so, no real surprise.

What I found startling, though, was the quoted comment.I believe they have 3 weeks to make up their minds. Sounds like an IR candidate to me if Nance shows anything in the next 17 days.

bobblehead
10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
They only have 3 weeks if they don't activate them. If Harris plays in the game sunday someone has to be cut...I think. Someone who is more saavy on league rules can correct me if I'm wrong.

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 11:37 AM
They only have 3 weeks if they don't activate them. If Harris plays in the game sunday someone has to be cut...I think. Someone who is more saavy on league rules can correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct. My point is, they may only need to sort out 2 players from the current 53 if Nance shows anything and Starks doesn't in the next coupla weeks.