PDA

View Full Version : Stud rookie LB

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I know it is early but I liked Abdul Hodge at Iowa and now I see the same type of play from him in the NFL. I know it's early but I LOVE his nose for the ball. I know it's early but I love the way he tackles. Did I mention that it is still very, very early but the rooks looked pretty decent out there and Underwood has made some strides since last season. Once again, I know it is early but Jennings and Hodge imo will make TT look like a genius.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm not surprised to hear that about Hodge and i'm really pulling for Marviel Underwod as he can be a big hitter for us.

Both of this young Packers can hit!

Thanks b bulldog.

GO PACKERS !

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 11:02 PM
On ESPN radio they are saying that they think Jennings may have been the best WR in this years draft.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 11:12 PM
On ESPN radio they are saying that they think Jennings may have been the best WR in this years draft.

He seems immune to pressure. He seems to be one of those types that just has to meet his own expectations/goals. No big head.

He's very quiet also, the way he goes about his job. Refreshing ! :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Is this going to be another 1999 with 3rd rounder mike mcKenzie getting the starting nod over 1st rounder antuan edwards?

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't think so because Hodge is a Mike and that is it imo.

TPF
08-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I think this year it will be Hodge, Barnett, Hawk, with Taylor getting a fair amount of playing time.

red
08-06-2006, 10:34 AM
iMO, Hodge and Jennings stole the show last night. i think both of those two left huge impressions with the packer fans watching

at this point it sure looks like those two are ready to start

BallHawk
08-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Do you realize that it could be possible that our first five draft picks could be starting on opening day? That's a good thing and a bad thing.

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Barnett and Hawk would be excellent outside LB's. Hodge has to play the middle. If Hodge keeps getting better and obviosly has to play then Barnett's going to have to move. He should do it with a smile on his face but you know how that goes.

esoxx
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Do you realize that it could be possible that our first five draft picks could be starting on opening day? That's a good thing and a bad thing.

In this case, with this team, it is definitely a good thing. The team that finished last season was in desperate need of a talent infusion, and we may just get that with the rooks.

SD GB fan
08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
its a good thing in the long run. however, i do not expect a smooth first few games this year. hopefully they will gel together after the bye week.

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
its a good thing in the long run. however, i do not expect a smooth first few games this year. hopefully they will gel together after the bye week.

I agree. I think there are a bunch of people here that think it will be a better finish than start. HOPEFULLY!!

Packers4Ever
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM

I think we might have a STAR in the making !! :D

hurleyfan
08-06-2006, 04:26 PM

Where did Jennings play his college ball?

red
08-06-2006, 07:33 PM

Where did Jennings play his college ball?

Westen Michigan University, its a school of almost 30,000, its a member of the MAC with schools like akron, toledo, miami of ohio, marshall was in there, ball state, Bowling green, northern illinois, etc

in recent years the Mac has produced, randy Moss, chad pennington, byron leftwich, jason taylor, antonio gates, big ben, charles frye to name a few. so they can put out the talent

WMU is in k-zoo michigan

go broncos!