PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Tornado Sets down North of Winnepeg, Manitoba

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Lots of trees down in the area. Some people have died and many are trapped on lakes in need of an emergency response.

Canadian Lumber Industry takes another - heavy hit!

Updates to follow.

hurleyfan
08-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Woody,
how's it lookin' today? Hopefully not as bad as it sounds..

woodbuck27
08-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Woody,
how's it lookin' today? Hopefully not as bad as it sounds..

Here's some pics hurleyfan taken about 4.5 miles from the tornado.Tornado's are rare in Canada,

I'm hoping that these photo's will copy on the forum hurleyfan.

SORRY - pic's won't set down.

Story to follow when i find it. Been busy up all day, and wasn't able to follow-up till now. :mrgreen:

Ed.

woodbuck27
08-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Check story here at this link:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060806.wtornado0806/BNStory/Front/home

Ed.

hurleyfan
08-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Wood,
that site is crap... Fucked up my connection.. got something else?

woodbuck27
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Hurleyfan:

I'm sorry about that man. I checked the link I posted just after the post and it worked fine. Now on a second check the Newspaper " The Globe and mail ", have cookied me, and require a registration. DAM !

I'll try something else and post what I find. So far only one woman reported dead and alot injured. Lots of property damage. The tornado headed East to the Province of Ontario after it left the area North of Winnepeg, Manitoba.

The tornado lit down without any warning, and many were on the opposite side of a lake when it hit ground, or the death toll would have been far worse.

woodbuck27
08-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I watched the National news tonight (well just now) and the film coverage of this tornado depicted it as as ferocious, as any i've seen in the U.S. Fortunately it didn't fall on a densely populated area. It's being described as the worst tornado to sit down in Manitoba in a Century.Lots of damage.

People lost their entire life's work.

The POWER of nature can be devastating.