PDA

View Full Version : Is this Vikings Week?

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 09:08 AM
OR WHAT?!

Where is the talk of how we are going to stop a long time rival?! I have 8 Viking Fans and their ladies coming over...in a sea of purple my girl and I are an island of Green!

I think it will be a good game but I think we can win this one for sure. AR and the WR/TE's can chew up this secondary for sure. B Jack needs 80 and a TD to keep the pass rush honest. Mathews and the boys can run roughshod on their O line and knock Old Man River around and I think we can minimize AP to 100 and a TD.

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't think either team will win it. I think one will lose it.

red
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM

yup

hard to get up for a game when that is the cold hard truth

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I think its the start of a 9-1 run!!! GO PACK!!!

ThunderDan
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM

Now I can get into that thinking!!!

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 10:02 AM

Dan, I have this Real Estate deal I'm putting together, and seeing how much I like you, I wanted to let you in on the action. :D

ThunderDan
10-21-2010, 10:35 AM

Dan, I have this Real Estate deal I'm putting together, and seeing how much I like you, I wanted to let you in on the action. :D

Send me the projections and I'll get back to you.

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
It's been very downplayed here in MN as well. I think given both teams less than stellar starts just give the game a general blah feeling.

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
It's been very downplayed here in MN as well. I think given both teams less than stellar starts just give the game a general blah feeling.

Yeah Im listening to KFAN and all they can talk about is the pathetic MLB or the hard hit thing...GO PACK GO!!!

mraynrand
10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
For all the injuries, photoshots, trades, etc. the key will be the lines. Can GB O -line control or contain the Viking d-line? Can they run and pass protect enough that GB doesn't have an entire half of offense free football like last year at Lambeau? On the other side, will GB get any pressure? If not, the Vikes score 30 plus points and the Pack will be hard pressed to win. Favre is a much better QB than what the Packers have faced so far, and if he comes up with a clean uni again, the Packers haven't a chance. It's all about the lines.

We'll never forget you, Brent!
http://volumeone.org/assets/images/blogs/1/posts/7/807/header/custom/807_36d98984c92b3063602fb185a0ea1f78ab994806.jpg

bobblehead
10-21-2010, 11:27 AM
When I say anything can happen in this game, I mean ANYTHING.

MM might decide to line Crabtree up on the left and run it right at JAllen all game long to wear his big dumb ass down while we keep brent feeling desperate on the sidelines so he forces things and tosses 3 picks.... or

MM might think its hard to run agains Minny and stick with his tendencies of trying to get his young QB killed by dropping him back 46 times. Minny has weak CB's after all, and MM is always about attacking another teams weakness more than playing to his teams strength.

pittstang5
10-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I'd like to be optimistic, but this team just isn't good this year. There's just too many issues and no signs of them getting any better. Offense sputters out of control at the worst possible time. Defense hangs in there all game, but gets tired in the 4th quarter...probably having to be on the field all the time because of the offense issue. Special teams...what a joke. Penalties on O and D at the worst possible time. Injuries! A head coach that loves to just pass, pass, pass and forget about the run.

Brett plays better when he's got a chip on his shoulder. Sure he beat the Pack twice last year, but he'd love to do it again. Vikings embarrass the Pack at Lambeau this weekend.

mngolf19
10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Vikes D is set up to keep the scoring low but not to keep the yards down. Pack should put up plenty of yards, it's the scores that may challenge them. Vikes are also getting a CB starter back this game in Cook. That will help alot. I agree that Favre will get extra pumped for this game and I think Moss will too. I would expect the Vikes to win but I'm not as confident in expecting anything from either of these teams this year.

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I would expect the Vikes to win but I'm not as confident in expecting anything from either of these teams this year.

I didn't see much of the game on MNF, Golf. How did the Vikes play?

denverYooper
10-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Things in GB's favor:
I feel like line play has improved for us and declined some for the Vikings. Our offensive line play and theirs have converged some, I think, mostly because our line is playing better than last year and theirs is playing slightly worse. Green Bay's tackle situation is much better vs the Vikings this year. MUCH. Hopefully the offense can take advantage of that.

Their D line is still better than ours by a bit, but that gap, too, has closed. In particular, lots of teams are getting yards up the gut on the Vikings this year. BJack has been at his best between the tackles and could have a good night Sunday if he gets the ball enough there.

BJ Raji is better this year and more disruptive in the middle. The Vikings have had some issues at C with Sullivan injured. There's a chance he could be a big factor on Sunday night. It's too bad Mike Neal is already ruled out because I feel he'd spend a lot of time in the backfield as well.

Chester Taylor is gone. That's going to help Matthews in particular because none of Minny's other RB look to be great at blitz pickups. That and Taylor always seemed to be good for a killer screen/dumpoff play against GB.

Things in Minny's favor:
Percy Harvin vs our special teams. Huge matchup, IMO. My biggest fear is that this decides the game. He's getting his groove back there and I honestly don't find it unrealistic that we outplay the Vikes on O and D but get scorched here.

Minny's LBers and secondary against the short game. They've looked awesome this year against RBs around the end and vs the short passing game. It could be a tough week to get the rhythm passing game going against that group. Aaron will need to be sharp this week. Thing is, if the vertical passing game clicks this week, we can hang some points on those guys. That's a ?? though because it really hasn't gotten rolling.

No Finley. He's been huge against the Vikings. One of the TEs has to step up this week and make a few plays. Nothing huge, like 4-5 for 60 yards but enough to make 'em think.

Question Marks:
Our secondary. The young guys seem to be playing better this year. Shields looks like he's pretty decent. I like that he is pretty aware of tackling guys inside of the sticks on 3rd down. Even Lee has looked better in the last couple. He's been had here and there but not abused. Bush looks better than last year. Peprah, eh, just ok. Wood draws more penalties but he's still decent. Harris might very well play this week and is somewhat of an unknown although I doubt there are many better nickle packages than Tramon/Wood/Harris. This week will be a huge test for this group though. They still have to prove themselves against some of the better QBs.

Randy Moss (and Brett, to some extent). The guy is still dangerous and I have no doubt Brett goes there. Does Tramon cover him? If Tramon takes him out of the game then people will start to talk.

mmmdk
10-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Gee, I wanted to say that! :P

What ever would provide a Packer win on sunday - I'll take it.

But it seems that Karma wants Favre to kill Packers yet lose out on SB dreams.

Freak Out
10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
This is a huge test for the resiliency of this GB team. If they can find a way to knock the old man around we have a shot....but if he has time to throw forget it. Oh....and of course there is AP to worry about. :)

Our best chance is to keep those wankers off the field with time eating drives that end with a score.

mission
10-21-2010, 01:46 PM
We'll need to play dramatically better than we have to pull it out and I'm just not sure that's possible. If Clay can hit #4 a couple times then we might have a chance.

Not really looking forward to the game like I normally would be tbh :(

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Not really looking forward to the game like I normally would be tbh :(

I know what you mean! It's my birthday Sunday, but it'll be played at 2:20 a.m. over here, which is Monday, so, not only do I not get my Pack fix on my birthday, I am not even motivated to set the alarm.

I am so glad I didn't make the pilgrimage I was planning.

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Wow I thought we had passionate rats here...our team hits a little road bump, struggles a little bit and you can't get excited for a rivalry...honestly its like reading stuff from the Vikings fans...wow

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Heck, I'm as big a homer as the next guy, but, neither team is firing on all cylinders. It probably won't be a fun game to watch. That's why my spirits are down.

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Heck, I'm as big a homer as the next guy, but, neither team is firing on all cylinders. It probably won't be a fun game to watch. That's why my spirits are down.

OBVIOUSLY almost EVERYONE on this board has forgoten the MOST important part of being a Green Bay Packer...alcohol!!! DAMN IT!!! Alcohol has made ugly people hot, bad dancers dance and our football team watchable pre 1990 ;) DRINK UP ITS VIKINGS WEEK!!!!

GO PACK GO!

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Vikes vs. Cowboys? They didn't play on MNF. They played the late afternoon game on Sunday. Personally, I thought the Vikings looked poor again (something like 188 yards total offense), but Dallas is the one team that shoots itself in the foot even more than the Packers. Both teams are playing lousy football. It's a rivalry game, so it's usually close, but I think anything can happen in this game.

mngolf19
10-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I would expect the Vikes to win but I'm not as confident in expecting anything from either of these teams this year.

Tar, I think you are talking about the Jets game? The D was fine, they haven't been applying much pressure this year but are holding scores down. The offense took mini steps forward as it was Moss's first game but then took a couple more steps forward in the Dal game and hopefully will continue that. They are having big time issues getting a RB to block someone. They really miss that out of Chester Taylor.

Freak Out
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

OBVIOUSLY almost EVERYONE on this board has forgoten the MOST important part of being a Green Bay Packer...alcohol!!! DAMN IT!!! Alcohol has made ugly people hot, bad dancers dance and our football team watchable pre 1990 ;) DRINK UP ITS VIKINGS WEEK!!!!

GO PACK GO!

Oh I don't think many here have forgotten about the alcohol. :)

denverYooper
10-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I just heard "Bang on the Drum All Day" driving home from lunch. It's a sign.

The Packers will score at least 35 on Sunday.

Freak Out
10-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Bank on it!

Is that a Todd Rungren or a Ringo Starr song?

steve823
10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
OR WHAT?!

Where is the talk of how we are going to stop a long time rival?! I have 8 Viking Fans and their ladies coming over...in a sea of purple my girl and I are an island of Green!

I think it will be a good game but I think we can win this one for sure. AR and the WR/TE's can chew up this secondary for sure. B Jack needs 80 and a TD to keep the pass rush honest. Mathews and the boys can run roughshod on their O line and knock Old Man River around and I think we can minimize AP to 100 and a TD.

This is what I like to see -this is a real fan. I don't care how the team is doing you gotta have faith.

Look at the good side of things. We get the Claymaker aka sack leader aka Mr. Injury every qb once he sacks them. You guys see how much of difference it is with him IN the game? Exactly. We get harris back, who might help depending on his condition and how many snaps he gets. And I'm pretty sure AR will want to get revenge from last year - so I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2009 2nd half of the season AR back.

Also, Griffin is out for the year, so an already horrible secondary is even worse. Their D-line used to be great and cover up their horrible secondary, but so far this year their d-line doesn't look anything like it did in previous years.

mraynrand
10-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow I thought we had passionate rats here...our team hits a little road bump, struggles a little bit and you can't get excited for a rivalry...honestly its like reading stuff from the Vikings fans...wow

That can't possibly be true - Viking fans don't know how to read, let alone write.

mraynrand
10-21-2010, 05:30 PM
OR WHAT?!

This is what I like to see -this is a real fan. I don't care how the team is doing you gotta have faith.

Look at the good side of things. We get the Claymaker aka sack leader aka Mr. Injury every qb once he sacks them. You guys see how much of difference it is with him IN the game? Exactly. We get harris back, who might help depending on his condition and how many snaps he gets. And I'm pretty sure AR will want to get revenge from last year - so I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2009 2nd half of the season AR back.

That's right! BRING BACK THE[ CLAYMAKER!!

Tony Oday
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM

That can't possibly be true - Viking fans don't know how to read, let alone write.

Just spit my sprite all over the computer...thanks! :)

falco
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
That's right! BRING BACK THE[ CLAYMAKER!!

Half man, 20% aluminum oxide, 23% silicon oxide, and 7% water!

denverYooper
10-21-2010, 05:47 PM

Bank on it!

Is that a Todd Rungren or a Ringo Starr song?

Todd Rundgren

Fritz
10-21-2010, 07:50 PM
I'll be watching the game Sunday night rooting like hell for the Packers to whomp the Vikes.

My guess is a close game, like they all have been so far this year.

But if Matthews plays and stays healthy (and if the team doesn't suffer any more injuries) then dangit, they can win.

We'll all feel a lot better Monday morning if the Packers win that game. Then posters will be studying the upcoming scheduling and wondering how long before GB catches da Bears.

MJZiggy
10-21-2010, 08:04 PM

I needs me some of this!!

steve823
10-21-2010, 08:26 PM

I needs me some of this!!

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/images/uploads/may2008late/kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

channtheman
10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Not only do I think the Packers will not win, I don't even think they have a chance. I'm prepared for a loss and the season being officially over.

mmmdk
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Not only do I think the Packers will not win, I don't even think they have a chance. I'm prepared for a loss and the season being officially over.

Hey channtheman - just noticed you live in Mesa, AZ. I was born in Phoenix - been there long?

Tony Oday
10-22-2010, 12:51 AM
and I guess The Purple are 0-6 in road games over the last 6...Lets make it 0-7!!!

steve823
10-22-2010, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM

Hopefully he gets a nice greeting again...I'll be booing just like last time :D

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Vikings WR Harvin limited in practice with hamstring injury

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin has a hamstring injury.

Harvin was added to the injury report Thursday and listed as a limited participant in practice. Harvin returned a kickoff for a touchdown in last weekend's victory over the Dallas Cowboys, and afterward he called himself as healthy as he's felt all season.

Tight end Jim Kleinsasser took part in some of Thursday's practice, and Vikings coach Brad Childress said he doesn't believes "there's any doubt he'll play" this Sunday at Green Bay. Kleinsasser has a groin injury.

Starting safety Husain Abdullah sat out again, recovering from a concussion. Cornerback Chris Cook was limited in practice, but Childress said the rookie moved around better than the previous day. Cook is recovering from a torn meniscus in his left knee.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b82785/article/vikings-wr-harvin-limited-in-practice-with-hamstring-injury

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:22 AM
I know the headline dictates this should go into the official Favre thread, but it's a spin on the game, so I put it here:

3. Gunslinger back again

Brett Favre returns to Lambeau Field for the second time since he left the Packers. Green Bay has not beaten Favre yet, but things could change. Last year, the Vikings sacked Aaron Rodgers 14 times in two games, and that was the deciding factor. Minnesota is not getting after quarterbacks this year with only six sacks and just one from Jared Allen. The tables could be turned with the Packers getting Clay Mathews back, and the Pack tied for second in the NFL with 21 sacks. The Vikings have also lost six road games in a row, including the playoffs, heading into Green Bay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b83f97/article/titans-in-spotlight-favre-back-at-lambeau-among-week-7-stories?module=HP_cp2

packrulz
10-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Forecast for rain, which I think is good, maybe it'll force M3 to run the ball more. It'll be a fistfight.

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:36 AM
It'll be a fistfight.

Well, that worries me with the OL. The only guy who play with any attitude is Josh Sitton.

Better hope Picket gets back, he, Raji and Jenkins are all pretty agressive.

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:46 AM
5. Pass protection issues

Pass protection is key to winning and losing. The dam broke for four teams last week, and their quarterbacks were sacked at least five times. San Diego (seven sacks), Chicago (six), Cleveland (five), and Green Bay (five) have to fix a major problem, or a quarterback will be lost sooner rather than later.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b83f97/article/titans-in-spotlight-favre-back-at-lambeau-among-week-7-stories?module=HP_cp2

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Vikings, Favre head back to Lambeau

The storyline
The Master faces the Pupil once again, after Brett Favre swept Aaron Rodgers a year ago. Favre goes back to Green Bay for the first time since the sexting allegations surfaced, with his image in tatters and his offense still limping along.

Why you should watch
Come on, who won't be watching? Between the Favre drama and the fact both of these Super Bowl hopefuls badly need a W, you have the makings for a classic. The Vikings would be wise to ride Adrian Peterson all day. Clay Matthews could return for the Packers. They need him badly.

Did you know?
Peterson has scored a rushing touchdown in four straight games against the Packers. ... Minnesota's Randy Moss has a touchdown catch in six consecutive outings vs. Green Bay. ... Rodgers has a 103.9 career passer rating against the Vikings. ... Green Bay's Charles Woodson leads the NFL with 17 interceptions since 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102412/2010/REG7/vikings@packers?module=HP_cp2

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Peterson-Hawk showdown one of critical Week 7 matchups

This is a game of utmost importance for both teams, and Peterson and Hawk will be right in the center of the action. Minnesota plays only two teams with losing records the rest of the season. Green Bay has five dates with losing teams. Favre is instilling less fear in opponents this year, putting even more of the burden on Peterson.

Peterson has outstanding speed and running skills. It doesn't matter if the play begins inside, he has the ability to bounce it outside and make a big play on the edge.

To stop him, you have to gang tackle him. It falls on Hawk to get that initial hit until the cavalry arrives. Once he gets past the line of scrimmage, watch out.

He has not fumbled all year, improving heavily in that area. Despite that progress, Hawk possesses the ability as a hitter to force fumbles. His ability to do so against Peterson could be a major factor in the game.

Peterson runs just as well on grass as he does on turf, which should suit him well at Lambeau Field. Hawk, meanwhile, has gotten better in space, and his proficiency at flowing to the ball should help prevent Peterson's effectiveness as a receiver out of the backfield.

Bonus matchup: Vikings WR Randy Moss vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson

Moss wants the ball, and when he makes a play early, more will certainly follow. It is up to Woodson to slow him down in the first quarter and set the tone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b7db02/article/petersonhawk-showdown-one-of-critical-week-7-matchups?module=HP_spotlight

mmmdk
10-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Forecast for rain, which I think is good, maybe it'll force M3 to run the ball more. It'll be a fistfight.

If it's a fistfight then Packers have a chance 'cos no way in hell that we're gonna outsmart Vikings. Yeah! Childress > McCarthy - and that's a scary, yet subjective, opinion.

Remember that 9-7 win over Vikings? That kinda game we can win.

ThunderDan
10-22-2010, 07:58 AM

If it's a fistfight then Packers have a chance 'cos no way in hell that we're gonna outsmart Vikings. Yeah! Childress > McCarthy - and that's a scary, yet subjective, opinion.

Sorry mmmdk, but MM >> Childress

TennesseePackerBacker
10-22-2010, 10:38 AM

Agree 1000%. MM may pull plenty of head-scratchers, but at least he has never lost the team like Childress.

Packgator
10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Not only do I think the Packers will not win, I don't even think they have a chance.

Las Vegas doesn't agree with you... Packers favorite by 2'. If you are so sure you should get out to Vegas and put everything you've got on the Vikings.

Fritz
10-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Not only do I think the Packers will not win, I don't even think they have a chance.

Las Vegas doesn't agree with you... Packers favorite by 2'. If you are so sure you should get out to Vegas and put everything you've got on the Vikings.

Only to see the Vikings down by one at the end of the game, Favre and Peterson driving the Vikes down the field, just at the edge of Schlongwell's range (say, 49 yards), when Favre audibles into a pass at the line of scrimmage, and....

Well, you know the rest of the story. You've seen it before.

PA Pack Fan
10-22-2010, 11:33 AM
May I join this thread with my 2 cents?

I hate the Vikings almost as much as I hate the Bears. May they all rot in hell.

Tony Oday
10-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Only to see the Vikings down by one at the end of the game, Favre and Peterson driving the Vikes down the field, just at the edge of Schlongwell's range (say, 49 yards), when Favre audibles into a pass at the line of scrimmage, and....

Well, you know the rest of the story. You've seen it before.

yeah pick six and you win the late night parlay and retire to your own island in the bahamas ;)

GO PACK!!!

MM<Chilly????? Are you stoned? do you have cocaine for breakfast? There is not ONE person that actually believes this...Chilly is terrible.

If this is a slugfest I LOVE our chances.

mngolf19
10-22-2010, 12:22 PM

Agree 1000%. MM may pull plenty of head-scratchers, but at least he has never lost the team like Childress.

Yeah keep dreaming. MM will be fired before Childress. Bank on it. And when exactly did Childress lose his team? And it's quite possible that by the end of this season, Childress will lead MM in all win-loss categories. MM better? :lol:

gex
10-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Yeah keep dreaming. MM will be fired before Childress. Bank on it. And when exactly did Childress lose his team? And it's quite possible that by the end of this season, Childress will lead MM in all win-loss categories. MM better? :lol:
Its a Packer board... we could be 0-16 and our guys will always be better than everyone elses...and we WILL find stats to prove it :lol:

Tarlam!
10-22-2010, 03:54 PM

Well, I'll take M3 over Chilly any day of the week and twice on Sundays! The way he sucked up to Brent is downright an embarressment for the organisation.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-22-2010, 03:59 PM
If you go to the weather report on NFL.com they say that at kick off it should't be raining. Just cloudy.

Packers4Ever
10-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Hi Tar, I hear you but I think Tony is hoping to stir our gang up a little.

Got to admit, it's been relatively quiet in the ol' Rats' Nest - er - in

our Forum, all week. So here we are, Friday night, the Vikes due here

in 48 hours or less, let's cheer up or whatever it takes. And don't count

us out :wink: OK, everybody.... :glug:

Fritz
10-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Well, I'll take M3 over Chilly any day of the week and twice on Sundays! The way he sucked Brent is downright an embarressment for the organisation.

Fixed!!!

pasquale
10-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Well, I'll take M3 over Chilly any day of the week and twice on Sundays! The way he sucked Brent is downright an embarressment for the organisation.

Fixed!!!

I see what you did thar

Fritz
10-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Well, Chilly is working on his technique, I hear. So maybe things will get better over there for Brent.

Tony Oday
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
I have do not know one Viking fan who thinks Chilly is a good head coach...I have even heard bring back Tice!

DRINK UP!!!! Time to booze folks on the Koolaid and Old Style!!! PACKER TIME BABY!

mngolf19
10-23-2010, 08:46 AM
I have do not know one Viking fan who thinks Chilly is a good head coach...I have even heard bring back Tice!

DRINK UP!!!! Time to booze folks on the Koolaid and Old Style!!! PACKER TIME BABY!

Tony, if you go to JSO you will see the same things said about MM. And there's even a thread about it in here just below this one. I'm not thrilled with Chilly either but since W and Ls are all that matters..... I choose not to listen to the knuckleheads and most in here left JSO for the same reason.

Tony Oday
10-25-2010, 04:06 PM
What a way to end Vikings week :)