PDA

View Full Version : Harris not being activated...

digitaldean
10-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Just read on PFT.com that Bigby and Harris aren't activated yet.

WTF??

I expected at least Al to be activated. Between this and Neal being out for the year, this sucks even more.

Never thought I'd dread watching a Packer's game. The way we let Henne stay off the turf last week, I have a bad gut feeling about Sun. night. Hope I'm dead wrong...

b bulldog
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
21 is going to show the entire country how he is declining at DB. Vikings will win by double digits.

channtheman
10-23-2010, 09:21 PM
21 is going to show the entire country how he is declining at DB. Vikings will win by double digits.

+1. And I don't think it's irrational to think that Moss and Favre will tear it up against us as someone in another topic said it was.

denverYooper
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM

+1. And I don't think it's irrational to think that Moss and Favre will tear it up against us as someone in another topic said it was.

The jury is still out as to whether Favre or Wood has dropped off more. Both had stellar years *last* year and both have fallen considerably from what in many ways were career years.

I find it just as plausible that Favre could throw 3 picks trying to force plays to Moss.

Tarlam!
10-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Honestly, I think Woodson's game is off due to the bevy of injuries on the defense. Last year, he basically played Rover. He was everywhere and anywhere. This year, he can't, because he can't rely on the replacements doing their respective jobs.

Joemailman
10-24-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm not so surprised they're holding Harris back. He's had 3 days of practice coming off a devastating injury. Given the Packers injury situation, they're not going to cut a healthy player to make room for Al unless they're sure he's ready to go.

Fritz
10-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Joe's probably right. When you look at it logically, it would make no sense to activate a guy after three days of practice. But from a fan's standpoint, the idea of Al Harris (instead of the actual Al Harris-just-coming-off-the-PUP) was comforting. I wanted him activated, too. But probably it wouldn't work well.

DannoMac21
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I find it just as plausible that Favre could throw 3 picks trying to force plays to Moss.

FTW.

red
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM

FTW.

yes i agree
Fuck the World

Zool
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Bold statement. Completely inaccurate but bold non the less.

DannoMac21
10-25-2010, 04:08 PM

FTW.

yes i agree
Fuck the World

It was actually the initials of this new gameshow I'm starting, first guest being Favre.

Find That Weiner.

bobblehead
10-25-2010, 06:30 PM

its the seriousness of the charge we need to be concerned with.

channtheman
10-26-2010, 12:30 AM

The jury is still out as to whether Favre or Wood has dropped off more. Both had stellar years *last* year and both have fallen considerably from what in many ways were career years.

Just saw this. Great call man!

Little Whiskey
10-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Where all three picks thrown towards Moss? i don't recall

pbmax
10-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Nope. One was to Harvin I think (Collins), One to Moss (Bishop) and unsure about Hawk's pick.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Nope. One was to Harvin I think (Collins), One to Moss (Bishop) and unsure about Hawk's pick.

Think Hawks as to AP over the middle, but it's hard to tell since he got hit while throwing it.

I'll give Favre some credit - guys pain threshold is amazing. 2 fractures? None of this matters for him unless he starts to play well again. He really hasn't yet.

Anyways, Al Harris should be a lock to be back this week though. I just want to see him on the field.

Zool
10-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I'll give Favre some credit

Shocking

mission
10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
It's sick to see a bunch of Packer fans debating whether Woodson or Favre has fallen off more.

If you don't know the answer to that, and you need to debate, then maybe it's time to find some new hobbies. Woodson is everywhere on defense. He's made some penalties for whatever reason thinking he might be above certain laws.

To compare the reigning defensive player of the year to Favre is a big-time, low-blow insult.

mission
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Completely idiotic maybe.

Where's Woody? I mean, bulldog.

MichiganPackerFan
10-26-2010, 11:48 AM

The last one was targeted for Hawk.

pbmax
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Think Hawks as to AP over the middle, but it's hard to tell since he got hit while throwing it.

I'll give Favre some credit - guys pain threshold is amazing. 2 fractures? None of this matters for him unless he starts to play well again. He really hasn't yet.

Anyways, Al Harris should be a lock to be back this week though. I just want to see him on the field.
Why is it that with Favre, this injury is a fracture? With every other football player, its an ankle sprain. This is no exaggeration, many other players have had sever sprains before and they have never been referred to as a fracture. Dozens of players have bone spurs cleaned out and avulsions fixed, but they never been announced as a fracture.

Playing with the sprain should be impressive enough. A similar injury has kept Bigby out for weeks (though their jobs are completely different). There is no need for additional hagiography.

If this bit of legend building leads me to discover that Jack Youngblood played a Super Bowl not on a fractured leg, but on something sprained, I will be severely disappointed.

I will preemptively blame Bus Cook.

hoosier
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Why is it that with Favre, this injury is a fracture? With every other football player, its an ankle sprain. This is no exaggeration, many other players have had sever sprains before and they have never been referred to as a fracture. Dozens of players have bone spurs cleaned out and avulsions fixed, but they never been announced as a fracture.

Playing with the sprain should be impressive enough. A similar injury has kept Bigby out for weeks (though their jobs are completely different). There is no need for additional hagiography.

If this bit of legend building leads me to discover that Jack Youngblood played a Super Bowl not on a fractured leg, but on something sprained, I will be severely disappointed.

It might belong to the media's tendency to turn everything Favre does into myth. But it might also be part of an effort to soften the blow of his impending deactivation. Depends on who's floating the story about this being a fracture and not a sprain.

mraynrand
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM

It might belong to the media's tendency to turn everything Favre does into myth. But it might also be part of an effort to soften the blow of his impending deactivation. Depends on who's floating the story about this being a fracture and not a sprain.

gotta love the use of hagiography - made the whole thread worthwhile.

Joemailman
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM

Actually, it was Childress in his Monday PC who referred to the injuries as fractures. It sounded like he was just relaying what he had told by the trainers...or Bus.

Little Whiskey
10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Jason Wilde (ESPN Milwaukee) thought that the pack may wait till after the bye week to activate Harris and Bigby

RashanGary
10-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I could see Bigby being back this week. Harris and Starks, I could see them after the bye.

Lurker64
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I could see Bigby being back this week. Harris and Starks, I could see them after the bye.

After recent roster moves, they have one open slot. So it's likely they activate 1/3 PUP guys now, and then the later two come after the buy. Which one of the three probably depends on who is healthiest.

RashanGary
10-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Listening to Harris' injury, I really don't think he's ready right now. Bigby on the other hand, I think he's really close. Starks is 110%, but the last time he's played organized football was in 2008 with the Buffalo Bulls. He's not coming back until after the bye.

Bigby a backup this week and next week - starter after the bye
Harris - Dime CB after the bye, nickle toward the end of the season
Starks - 3rd RB, non game-day activated after the bye. Barely plays unless injury

Tarlam!
10-26-2010, 06:59 PM
There is no need for additional hagiography.

:shock: pbmax is our very own English prof. I swear, he's expanded my vocabulary by at least 100 words.

mission
10-26-2010, 07:27 PM

:shock: pbmax is our very own English prof. I swear, he's expanded my vocabulary by at least 100 words.

Doesn't help when I still don't know what it means. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-26-2010, 07:32 PM

Doesn't help when I still don't know what it means. :lol:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

hag·i·og·ra·phy   
[hag-ee-og-ruh-fee, hey-jee-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -phies.
the writing and critical study of the lives of the saints; hagiology.
Origin:
1805–15; hagio- + -graphy

—Related forms
hag·i·o·graph·ic  
[hag-ee-uh-graf-ik, hey-jee-] Show IPA
, hag·i·o·graph·i·cal, adjective
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010.
Cite This Source | Link To hagiography
World English Dictionary
hagiography (ˌhæɡɪˈɒɡrəfɪ)

— n , pl -phies
1. the writing of the lives of the saints
2. biography of the saints
3. any biography that idealizes or idolizes its subject

Little Whiskey
10-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Wilde said that Harris felt he was ready to go after week 3. He expected that Harris must have been disappointed that he was activated this past week.

Lurker64
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Wilde said that Harris felt he was ready to go after week 3. He expected that Harris must have been disappointed that he was activated this past week.

What's important though, is not what players think, coaches think, or people on the internet think... it's what the doctors think. I haven't really heard any team (or other) doctors commenting on any of the PUP guys, which is why I'm hesitant to offer conjecture on who gets activated when.

Joemailman
10-26-2010, 08:16 PM
MM indicated last week that the doctors have cleared them:

Do you have any sense from talking to the doctors where they are or do you just have to see them in practice?)
Well, really when you get to this point from a rehab standpoint, really this is when the doctors turn them over to the coaches. There’s nothing else that they feel they can do for all three players as far as getting them ready to play. It’s time for them to get into football activities and find out exactly where they are.]