PDA

View Full Version : Childress rails against officiating

bobblehead
10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Is this guy clueless....leave that to the fans. MM gets shafted all the time and has refused to comment on it since his first season. Worse chilly claims and official apologized to him for missing a call....talk about throwing the guy under the bus.

I agree we got away with a lot of holding, but he must not have noticed his own tackle facemasking Claymaker about 10 times before he got caught. Tonight the officials didn't call holding...both ways, I can live with that.

They also didn't call much of anything. Not to belabor the point, but Frank Walker got away with a play that cost us points AND a turnover.

To top it off the officials gave minnesota 3 TD's that were over ruled, so if anything they were getting the benefit of the doubt. I criticize the officials plenty and they sucked again last night, but thankfully they sucked equally. Not like chicago where tugging on Peppers jersey is a hold, but clotheslining clay wasn't.

mngolf19
10-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Is this guy clueless....leave that to the fans. MM gets shafted all the time and has refused to comment on it since his first season. Worse chilly claims and official apologized to him for missing a call....talk about throwing the guy under the bus.

I agree we got away with a lot of holding, but he must not have noticed his own tackle facemasking Claymaker about 10 times before he got caught. Tonight the officials didn't call holding...both ways, I can live with that.

They also didn't call much of anything. Not to belabor the point, but Frank Walker got away with a play that cost us points AND a turnover.

To top it off the officials gave minnesota 3 TD's that were over ruled, so if anything they were getting the benefit of the doubt. I criticize the officials plenty and they sucked again last night, but thankfully they sucked equally. Not like chicago where tugging on Peppers jersey is a hold, but clotheslining clay wasn't.

I know people are ragging on Chilly for his press conf last night. But I am glad he is finally showing some emotion. I'm tired of the niceties that most coaches do on most occasions. Not that I think Chilly should do it all the time, but once in awhile I think it's good. And I think this shows he isn't all about coddling BF either. Now he'll probably get fined for ripping the refs, but this team needs some kind of spark/something to get it going in the right direction and it needs it now. Or the season will be lost and they'll finally be in position to draft a franchise QB. :(

sharpe1027
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe it will provide a spark, but his complaining about the referees sounds like an excuse rather than anything motivational.

mngolf19
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe it will provide a spark, but his complaining about the referees sounds like an excuse rather than anything motivational.

Well considering how much he blamed Favre, I don't think he was using the refs as an excuse for the loss.

red
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
so he's thrown favre under the bus and now blamed the refs for the lost

when does he blame himself for sucking as a coach.

honestly i think its a toss up between him and M3 as to which one is stupider or has less control over his players. i think they both suck as coaches.

at least our coach is too dumb to blame anyone, even if it is completely clean when we got screwed

mngolf19
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM

honestly i think its a toss up between him and M3 as to which one is stupider or has less control over his players. i think they both suck as coaches.

at least our coach is too dumb to blame anyone, even if it is completely clean when we got screwed

Red, since Chilly didn't have a replay of the Quarless TD what about last nights game would you blame on Chilly?

Little Whiskey
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Well considering how much he blamed Favre, I don't think he was using the refs as an excuse for the loss.

this may backfire on him(i hope so) there has been reported a riff between chilly and favre. now chilly pubicly calls him out. favre might have lost all respect for him and try harder to play outside the system. a reckless favre = increased picks = happy packer fans

red
10-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Red, since Chilly didn't have a replay of the Quarless TD what about last nights game would you blame on Chilly?

same thing i blame m3 for. this year neither one has control of their qb's. both favre and rodgers this year are doing more things on their own and both are failing compared to last year

he bent over and brought in moss for favre and moss clearly isn't giving him his all. many times last night he gave up on plays, one led to a pick 6. on the last play he didn't even try and jump for the ball. and favre was locked into moss the whole play even though there was some white guy wide open in the other side of the endzone jumping up and down and waiving his arms. head coach needs to pull his qb's head out of his ass from time to time.

why in the world was AP on the bench in the second half? this kid is a killer and should have been in towards the end of the game. yet chilly never called his number.

in the first half they had all kinds of plays for harvin, and he was killing us. in the second half we saw very little of that

then chilly starts blaming everyone but himself

3irty1
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I didn't feel that the officiating was "equal." The Quarless TD wasn't the worst of it for them. I thought that one of those called back TD's should have been PA on Peprah putting the Vikes at the 1. That said it wasn't so lopsided that the Vikings didn't have plenty of chances to win. Favre lost the game for them. With our depleted DL, and the subsequent success they had running the ball I'd say Tarvaris Jackson wins that game for them.

mngolf19
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM

same thing i blame m3 for. this year neither one has control of their qb's. both favre and rodgers this year are doing more things on their own and both are failing compared to last year

he bent over and brought in moss for favre and moss clearly isn't giving him his all. many times last night he gave up on plays, one led to a pick 6. on the last play he didn't even try and jump for the ball. and favre was locked into moss the whole play even though there was some white guy wide open in the other side of the endzone jumping up and down and waiving his arms. head coach needs to pull his qb's head out of his ass from time to time.

why in the world was AP on the bench in the second half? this kid is a killer and should have been in towards the end of the game. yet chilly never called his number.

in the first half they had all kinds of plays for harvin, and he was killing us. in the second half we saw very little of that

then chilly starts blaming everyone but himself

AP was on the bench because he can't pass block. He got one last night but they were in passing mode and he sucks at blitz pickup.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I think the Packers got some calls in their favor (the Randy Moss offensive pass itnerference is the best example), but on the whole I'm not feeling sympathy for Childress. There were non-calls that went the other way (see thread above), plus the Pack has gotten ska-rood a few times this year themselves.

So from what I am reading Favre may have to sit next week? The great streak will be over? Where's the outpouring of emotion and sadness? People don't seem to be talking much about this potentia development. But maybe folks are waiting to see what develops this week.

Hmm. Interesting times, these.

Lurker64
10-25-2010, 01:22 PM

Catching Childress's postgame presser, the thing that confused me the most was the rage that Childress had about that facemask penalty on Loadholt. He was upset that they hadn't been calling anything all night (as concerns holding) and then the 15 yard penalty happened.

Yes, it's true that the refs weren't calling holding very tightly, but that Loadholt facemask on Matthews was one of those offenses that you can't not call, no matter how generous you've been with respect to holding beforehand. Stuff like that has a potential to seriously injure people, and it's against the rules... so you have to call it.

pbmax
10-25-2010, 01:44 PM

I understand most of the complaints about McCarthy, but I think he has control over the players. There have been some public issues (Woodson on signings/roster, Rodgers on offensive identity) but each seems to have been put back into line.

And he has asked Rodgers to take more risks.

The one thing that stands out is penalties and until this year, they seemed to be doing it according to his wishes. Combative penalties were not singled out.

pbmax
10-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Catching Childress's postgame presser, the thing that confused me the most was the rage that Childress had about that facemask penalty on Loadholt. He was upset that they hadn't been calling anything all night (as concerns holding) and then the 15 yard penalty happened.

Yes, it's true that the refs weren't calling holding very tightly, but that Loadholt facemask on Matthews was one of those offenses that you can't not call, no matter how generous you've been with respect to holding beforehand. Stuff like that has a potential to seriously injure people, and it's against the rules... so you have to call it.
That might be viewpoint. From the sideline camera, it didn't look egregious to me and I was somewhat surprised and relieved they called it. But from the endzone (reverse direction but same angle as the Umpire who called it) you could clearly see Matthews head get ripped around.

Maybe Chilly saw some of his D line get hung up, but I saw nothing else as obvious on pass blocking from either side.

Little Whiskey
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
[And he has asked Rodgers to take more risks.

I wish he wouldn't have asked him to do it on 3rd and short. 3rd and 2 and he throws a 90 yard pass. ugh! get the first then take a risk on 1st or 2nd down!

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
The officials let them play. For the most part, there were bad calls on both teams. A bunch of TD calls that were wrong, but replay corrected them. I don't feel much sympathy for Childress not throwing the flag on Quarless' TD. For every bad call on the Vikings, there was a bad call against the Packers. The spot on the Jennings catch late that would have given the Packers a first down. Or no pass interference called on Walker on the interception in the end zone. He was called all of the time for the Pack--which is why he got cut. Or a few holds and facemasks not called for Clay. I'm sure you could run down the list, if you were a Vikings fan. I just wasn't looking for it. At least, it wasn't one-sided. They decided to let them play.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
[And he has asked Rodgers to take more risks.

I wish he wouldn't have asked him to do it on 3rd and short. 3rd and 2 and he throws a 90 yard pass. ugh! get the first then take a risk on 1st or 2nd down!

I agree completely. At the end of the game, when what you really need is a first down and you want a high percentage play, you throw long to the sideline? Why?

Joemailman
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
MM was asked about it at his PC:

(On the third-and-2 in the fourth quarter, were you OK with Aaron’s deep throw down the sideline?)
Yeah, I think we have got to be a little more completion-conscious there.

My sense is he wasn't happy with Aaron's decision, but he could be saying the playcall was wrong.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
An appropriately vague answer. He's not throwing A-rod under the bus as it is possible he's second guessing his own play calling.

Guiness
10-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Agreed. I don't know if the language is still in the rules, but he 'changed the direction of the player' using the facemask. A 15yd major, no question.

jmbarnes101
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Now to me, what Loadholt did to Matthews is avoidable violence. If they are trying to clean up the game than not only should there be a penalty followed by a fine but he should be suspended... not just for one game but for several games as he did it repeatedly. Dirty cheaters need to be the example and have the book thrown at them.

sharpe1027
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Agreed. I don't know if the language is still in the rules, but he 'changed the direction of the player' using the facemask. A 15yd major, no question.

Right around the same time, Clay got punched under the chin nearly knocking his helmet off, at which time he took it the rest of the way off and kept on playing. He probably figured he was more likely to get injured if he left it on given the number of times the Vikings used his helmet to "block" him.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm just not feeling much sympathy for Chilly in this thread.

Cheesehead Craig
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Like the Smashing Pumpkins song goes:

"Despite all his rage, he is still going to get fired."

Brando19
10-25-2010, 05:18 PM

Not taking a chance with 24 seconds to go in the first half and timeouts remaining. He just ran the clock out.

channtheman
10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Not taking a chance with 24 seconds to go in the first half and timeouts remaining. He just ran the clock out.

No shit. MM has done stupid shit like this before where he calls a timeout when the other team is willing to go into the half. Lets all just thank God that Chilly was too stupid to take advantage of it. I don't understand why you don't chuck the ball to Moss 3 straight times and see if one of them connects.

Iron Mike
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM

No shit. MM has done stupid shit like this before where he calls a timeout when the other team is willing to go into the half. Lets all just thank God that Chilly was too stupid to take advantage of it. I don't understand why you don't chuck the ball to Moss 3 straight times and see if one of them connects.

Didn't you see how pissed off Moss was that that didn't happen??? :P

bobblehead
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM

Right around the same time, Clay got punched under the chin nearly knocking his helmet off, at which time he took it the rest of the way off and kept on playing. He probably figured he was more likely to get injured if he left it on given the number of times the Vikings used his helmet to "block" him.

Right on. On that play when he pushed it the rest of the way off it was frustration. It was his way of screaming to the refs "how many times are you going to let him rip my helmet half off before you call it?"

bobblehead
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Didn't you see how pissed off Moss was that that didn't happen??? :P

If moss pushes off with only one hand he never gets called there. The fact he used a two handed shove in the back of the defender made it impossible not to call.

mngolf19
10-25-2010, 09:40 PM

I'm looking for something that cost them the game, not some lame decision to run out the clock.

The Leaper
10-25-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm looking for something that cost them the game, not some lame decision to run out the clock.

Perhaps running AP 95% of the time at our 8th grade DL? Childress could've won this game easily had he just made a stronger commitment to the run game once he realized how thin Green Bay was after Jenkins and Pickett were out.

When you have a stud like AP and don't use him against a team that is decimated by injury on their defensive front 4...well, you are a dumb coach.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, Peterson had the third most carries he's ever had in a game in his career--only behind the 30 he had in his record setting game in 2007 vs. San Diego and matched by the 30 he had against Green Bay in 2008. You run a guy much more than that and you are looking at shortening his career. Coaches are more cognizant of that--kind of like the pitch count in baseball. 28 carries and 30 touches prorates to 424 carries and 480 touches over a season. Guys don't last long when they touch the ball that much.

Pugger
10-25-2010, 11:03 PM

That might be viewpoint. From the sideline camera, it didn't look egregious to me and I was somewhat surprised and relieved they called it. But from the endzone (reverse direction but same angle as the Umpire who called it) you could clearly see Matthews head get ripped around.

Maybe Chilly saw some of his D line get hung up, but I saw nothing else as obvious on pass blocking from either side.

I hope you watch a replay of the game this week on the NFL Network and they show that facemask grab on Clay again and you will change your mind.

Guiness
10-26-2010, 12:57 AM
I see now that Childress is spouting off about what is supposed to be a confidential conversation with the vp of officiating.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14188207/childress-nfl-admits-ref-blew-overturned-td-call-apologizes

I can't see the league, or the referees in general, being terribly happy he behaved this way.

swede
10-26-2010, 07:13 AM
I see now that Childress is spouting off about what is supposed to be a confidential conversation with the vp of officiating.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14188207/childress-nfl-admits-ref-blew-overturned-td-call-apologizes

I can't see the league, or the referees in general, being terribly happy he behaved this way.

The league should fine itself for criticizing officiating...got to set an example.

MichiganPackerFan
10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
On the TD in the middle of the endzone that got called back, (to visanthe shiancoe), it looked like when the tip of the ball hit the ground, his hands slid down the ball (joke away). If his hand moved in any way on that ball, its not a catch, and I think that's what the replay official called.

Little Whiskey
10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Heard from Steve the Homer True (ESPN Milwaukee) that Chilly was fined 35k for comments about the officials.

gbgary
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
he's just being a sqeaky wheel...hoping for some grease later on. squeak long enough and you get attention. maybe if mm had gotten loud about some of ar's hits we'd see a few flags. sometimes fine money is money well spent.

Little Whiskey
10-26-2010, 10:26 PM
he's just being a sqeaky wheel...hoping for some grease later on. squeak long enough and you get attention. maybe if mm had gotten loud about some of ar's hits we'd see a few flags. sometimes fine money is money well spent.

the squeaky wheel either gets grease or gets changed. just need to be careful.

Joemailman
10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
I think there's more to it than that. Seemed like Chilly wanted everyone to know that he wasn't responsible for the loss. Blame Favre. Blame the officials. Hell, he'd blame his mother if he thought it would take the heat off him.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Officiating clearly favored us in the game, and I understand Chilly's frustrations with a fair game being called. How Shianco's TD was called for a booth review and Quarlesses was not is beyond me. That is straight up upstairs officiating, who se ethe same stuff we do, not making the call. Outside of the fact that the ref that is right there isn't even watching quarless, he is just staring at his feet after he has already hit his back as if they are going to change or something.

There were a few other calls. The one play where clay matthews throws his helemt off before the paly is over - that is also against the rules. I forget how much the penalty is for it, but I think it's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He didn't throw it anyone, but you're clearly not allowed to be taking your helmet off on purpose in the middle of a play.

I remember during the game saying several times how nice it was having the regs on our side, so I am sure there were some other more 'obvious" penalities that never got thrown that I smiled about. I think Peprah had a pretty obvious one too if I recall we got no flag for. Meanwhile, the vikings seemed to get flags and such for almost any thing they did in terms of impact situations. Packers, meanwhile, got the benefit of the doubt.

I even debated on that one sideline throw to nelson, where he stopped at 10 yards and AR threw it 30 down field, if that should of been intentional grounding. There was NO ONE in the area. No defender, and certainly not Nelson.

It wasn;t intentional, but it may fit in the rules of being a grounding penalty.

That also concerned me a tad. We gave AR all day to throw and man, he was just not on the same page with anyone and looked dejected the entire 2nd half, like he didn't even want to be there. He also seemed to be ignoring Driver all night long.

On some of those missed throws, Driver was running wide open over the middle. I remember one in particular where he actually got behind hte saftey and had 8 yards on the entire defense, but AR just seemed to be determined to NOT look at him, even though he had all day to make a decision.

Just... odd game overall. I don't feel ANY better about our offense.

denverYooper
10-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I think there's more to it than that. Seemed like Chilly wanted everyone to know that he wasn't responsible for the loss. Blame Favre. Blame the officials. Hell, he'd blame his mother if he thought it would take the heat off him.

bingo

Airin' Rodgers
10-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Officiating clearly favored us in the game, and I understand Chilly's frustrations with a fair game being called. How Shianco's TD was called for a booth review and Quarlesses was not is beyond me. That is straight up upstairs officiating, who se ethe same stuff we do, not making the call. Outside of the fact that the ref that is right there isn't even watching quarless, he is just staring at his feet after he has already hit his back as if they are going to change or something.

There were a few other calls. The one play where clay matthews throws his helemt off before the paly is over - that is also against the rules. I forget how much the penalty is for it, but I think it's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He didn't throw it anyone, but you're clearly not allowed to be taking your helmet off on purpose in the middle of a play.

I remember during the game saying several times how nice it was having the regs on our side, so I am sure there were some other more 'obvious" penalities that never got thrown that I smiled about. I think Peprah had a pretty obvious one too if I recall we got no flag for. Meanwhile, the vikings seemed to get flags and such for almost any thing they did in terms of impact situations. Packers, meanwhile, got the benefit of the doubt.

I even debated on that one sideline throw to nelson, where he stopped at 10 yards and AR threw it 30 down field, if that should of been intentional grounding. There was NO ONE in the area. No defender, and certainly not Nelson.

It wasn;t intentional, but it may fit in the rules of being a grounding penalty.

That also concerned me a tad. We gave AR all day to throw and man, he was just not on the same page with anyone and looked dejected the entire 2nd half, like he didn't even want to be there. He also seemed to be ignoring Driver all night long.

On some of those missed throws, Driver was running wide open over the middle. I remember one in particular where he actually got behind hte saftey and had 8 yards on the entire defense, but AR just seemed to be determined to NOT look at him, even though he had all day to make a decision.

Said this in the other thread.. but it was NOT a booth review. They are only allowed in the last two minutes of each half. MM challenged.

That said, we did receive the majority of the calls, I believe.

Tarlam!
10-27-2010, 12:29 AM
PB1234, I really don't get you. I know you're a Favre-ite, but your last post? The Refs sucked for both teams.

The Q TD couldn't be properly seen by the official and Chilly didn't red flag it. That's on Chilly. The Shianco TD is a disgrace, but so are the untold holds against our Claymaker.

I agree that the O still sucks under pressure. I can't believe some of the throws being SO off.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2010, 08:30 AM

Matthews helmet was shoved halfway off by the offensive lineman: no penalty.

Jordy Nelson cut off a route, but was in the vicinity: no penalty.

You obviously didn't see the horrible spots for the Packers on third and short in the fourth quarter or that they called obviously non-TD's for MIN and made us waste our challenges to get them called correctly. The refs were terrible, but don't kid yourself: they didn't help us any either.

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 09:26 AM

By us do you mean the MINNESOTA VIKINGS led by BF?

Tarlam!
10-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Well, it seems like I'm not the only poster that doesn't get you.

packerbacker1234
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM

You obviously didn't see the horrible spots for the Packers on third and short in the fourth quarter or that they called obviously non-TD's for MIN and made us waste our challenges to get them called correctly. The refs were terrible, but don't kid yourself: they didn't help us any either.

That is always debateable. Generally, linemen only get a penalty if it's a face mask. If it's open palmed, I believe it's legal. Remember, defense doesn't have those "can't touch the helmet" rules like the offense gets. Besides, the play I am talking out Matthews was by himself, used his own hands to toss his helmet off, and began running in persuit. It was very odd, and I saw no reason as to why he even did it. Still, he was willing taking his helmet off, bit different then it being forced off as a result of being blocked.

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 09:55 AM
That is always debateable. Generally, linemen only get a penalty if it's a face mask. If it's open palmed, I believe it's legal. Remember, defense doesn't have those "can't touch the helmet" rules like the offense gets. Besides, the play I am talking out Matthews was by himself, used his own hands to toss his helmet off, and began running in persuit. It was very odd, and I saw no reason as to why he even did it. Still, he was willing taking his helmet off, bit different then it being forced off as a result of being blocked.

Illegal hands to the face is a 15 yard penalty and can be called on both the O and the D. Only the ball carrier is allowed to put his hands on an opponents helmet/facemask without drawing a penalty.

Before Clay was all by himself, I believe Loadholt rip his helmet halfway off. Clay tooked it the rest of the way off. If you objectively look at the replay you would have seen this.

sharpe1027
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM

No. Hands to the face is a penalty. Right before Matthews took off his helmet he was punched under the chin, throwing his helmet back and his chinstrap was knocked off his chin and across his face.

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 10:09 AM

First off, ARod was outside the tackle box so he was allowed to throw the ball anywhere he wants without a grounding penalty as long as the ball makes it past the line of scrimmage.

Second, Arod was scrambling to his right away from pressure. WR are taught that if the QB is in trouble you come back to the QB to help him. Jordy broke off his route and came back to ARod. ARod threw the ball long hoping that Jordy would continue his route. That mistake was on Arod.

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM

You must have went to Randy Moss's WR camp. Just because a receiver is running open behind the defense doesn't mean anything. If the WR is the QBs first read in the progression and the WR is covered the QB moves on. The QB probably doesn't have enough time to go through his whole progession and then come back to the original WR.

Moss is famous for bitching at his QB on the sidelines that he was wide open behind the D. Most of the time the pocket is collapsing and the QB is running for his life. Moss doesn't care he was open and the QB was in trouble. All Moss cares about is himself and his stats.

Guiness
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Well, it seems like I'm not the only poster that doesn't get you.

By 'you' do you mean Childress? :lol:

I couldn't figure out why I kept reading the beginning of the paragraph until TD pointed this out.

Childress is definitely gripping about everything he can think of. He sounds like those people on 'Hoarders' who blame their kids, parents, siblings, neighbors, everyone but themselves for the shit they've gotten themselves into.

Tony Oday
10-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Clay was getting held like a freshman at prom most of the game

we got clipped for the late hit when the hit was initiated in the field of play

Chilly sucks because he didnt red flag Quarless

The ball does move on Black Ice in the Endzone forcing him to reclutch so that is why it was over turned...the big thing here is that Old Man River should have been able to hit him in the numbers.

Surprised you arent bitching about Percy having his feet in.

How about Frank Walker holding hand with GJ on most plays and getting no call?

mngolf19
10-27-2010, 12:42 PM

The ball does move on Black Ice in the Endzone forcing him to reclutch so that is why it was over turned...the big thing here is that Old Man River should have been able to hit him in the numbers.

You do realize the NFL admitted it's mistake on the Black Ice play.

Tony Oday
10-27-2010, 12:47 PM

You do realize that they fined Chilly 35k, who knows what the VP of officiating said to him...I am supposed to listen to Chilly!? You are stoned...he lied about were his three of his best players were going when they went to get the Old Man that you call an NFL QB.

Tarlam!
10-27-2010, 12:54 PM
It was a catch and a TD in any other league. Maybe not the NFL, but any other league, he got robbed.

mmmdk
10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Chilly: "50 drunks could've made that call".

I don't listen to brown baggers or sulky drinkers - ever.

NO TD, Vikings & drunks!

denverYooper
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM

NO TD, Vikings & drunks!

:lol: good point. Goes right to credibility of the witness.

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM

I'll wait for the NFL's apology and then I will believe it. At this point if Chilly leaked it there is no reason not to confirm the wrong call was made.

mmmdk
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM

NO TD, Vikings & drunks!

The more fun the merrier, I guess :D Thanks!

denverYooper
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that had the call on the field been "no TD", they wouldn't have overturned the call based on the replay either. Is the verdict that "it was definitely a catch" or that "there was not indisputable evidence to overturn"?

Doesn't matter to me, really. It's nice to see GB benefit from one of those calls. It seems like they've had their share of those go the other way.

sharpe1027
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM

You do realize that Chilly is talking about an alleged opinion of only one referee.

Little Whiskey
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM

NO TD, Vikings & drunks!

The more fun the merrier, I guess :D Thanks!

I'm gonna guess there were at least 70,000 drunks at the game on sunday that agreed with the officials!! :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2010, 07:42 AM

I wasn't saying that they should have called a penalty FOR CMIII, im saying his helmet got halfway torn off his head by the OL and he finished the job so he could see. There's no way a penalty should have been called on him. It was an acceptable no-call both directions. It's not like he ripped of his helmet to celebrate or bitch!!!

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm watching NFL Live on ESPN and Ted Bruschi just laid into Chilly huge time for his comments after the game, especially about Bert.

The collective view of the panel is that Chilly is not Championship coaching material.

Tony Oday
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm watching NFL Live on ESPN and Ted Bruschi just laid into Chilly huge time for his comments after the game, especially about Bert.

The collective view of the panel is that Chilly is not Championship coaching material.

50 drunks at a bar could see that ;)

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Childress is a moron that should have been fired after the NFC Championship game last year. If he had a problem with the calls then maybe he should have challenged the calls he could have.

Great he came down on Favre, if that is what you want to call it, but it easy to do so when your QB is hobbled on a busted ankle and playing like crap.

It is obvious to everyone that has watched the Vikings that Favre's play needs to dramatically improve or this team is sunk.

The Vikings are a horribly unorganized football team. I blame Childress.

Favre didn't want to play this year, and instead of the team walking away they threw more money at him, and then sent down a bunch of players to appeal to Favre's loyality. I ain't saying Favre isn't to blame, if you are gonna play, be ready, show up in shape and ready to go.

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Nutz, you know I love you, but your addiction to Favre really pisses me off. Yeah, he played great for GB, but man, you're a Packers fan so toe the fuckin' line!!!!

Dump this man love for the fucking traitor and come home. Your family needs you, wants you and loves you.

Tony Oday
10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Favre wanted the world to beg him to play and ride to the rescue...only problem is he is like Custer riding to the rescue...didnt work

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Nutz, you know I love you, but your addiction to Favre really pisses me off. Yeah, he played great for GB, but man, you're a Packers fan so toe the fuckin' line!!!!

Dump this man love for the fucking traitor and come home. Your family needs you, wants you and loves you.

Thompson is the traitor!!! Would you blame Thompson if he was fired and then took the job as the Bears GM? I would because I hate him and what he did to the Packers!!!!

Call me ridiculous, but that is what you sound like. Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.

mraynrand
10-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Thompson is the traitor!!! Would you blame Thompson if he was fired and then took the job as the Bears GM? I would because I hate him and what he did to the Packers!!!!

If the Packers win it all under Thompson/Stubby will the glow of victory thaw your cold (to Thompson) heart?

Tony Oday
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Call me ridiculous, but that is what you sound like. Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.

If TT would retire, then unretire, retire, then unretire, then retire then, well you get the point and then forced himself on a team that was almost there but needed a GM then yeah he is a d bag traitor just like Favre...

mmmdk
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM

If TT would retire, then unretire, retire, then unretire, then retire then, well you get the point and then forced himself on a team that was almost there but needed a GM then yeah he is a d bag traitor just like Favre...

Sorry Nutz but you just :butt: - in a freakin' funny manner :D Fun stuff, Tony!

sharpe1027
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.

Last time I checked, Ted and Mike were Packers. Funny how that works. :lol:

Tony Oday
10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.

Last time I checked, Ted and Mike were Packers. Funny how that works. :lol:

Actions speak LOUDER than words...Favre is a shaft showing, flip flopping, piece of self involved shit that should have hung them up after he came up short(both in game and in text) last year yet again.

woodbuck27
10-28-2010, 02:51 PM

I know people are ragging on Chilly for his press conf last night. But I am glad he is finally showing some emotion. I'm tired of the niceties that most coaches do on most occasions. Not that I think Chilly should do it all the time, but once in awhile I think it's good. And I think this shows he isn't all about coddling BF either. Now he'll probably get fined for ripping the refs, but this team needs some kind of spark/something to get it going in the right direction and it needs it now. Or the season will be lost and they'll finally be in position to draft a franchise QB. :(

You fellas arn't out of it yet. This is one wild and crazy season and after NE it will get better for the Vikings. «in fact the dealm was to go 2-2 in this four game stretch and be at 3-4 and then go on an tear.

The Packers will not win in New York this weekend and they will be at 4-4 and you fellas pull one out of the scrap heap and your 3-4. The Bears are te Bears. Thyey will self destruct so it's down to You felas and the Packers.
Two teams facing some serious adversity.

Ohhh one thing. Your OL is ugly. That must be fixed yesterday or you can kiss youe ass goodbye this season.

Yes...you needa solid QB. Favre is definitey done now. He should have retired two seasons ago. It's been interesting though and alot of drama here at Packerrats but for all intents and purposes Favre needs to hang em. Like soon. Any day now.

I pray for that. That he announces his retirement and I see that happening. He won't take money and Re-Hab . He has to have some sort of escape clause in effect if the scenario we're now seeing came down on him!?

I predict Favre retires really soon if his streak ends this week. I have no idea where that is today RE: his status. The man is like Houdini.he can escape anything, it seems. :D

hahaa. :lol:

GO PACKERS!

mraynrand
10-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Favre is definitey done now. He should have retired two seasons ago.

:?: He had statistically one of his best seasons ever last year. Possibly his best. Why should he have retired before that?

ThunderDan
10-28-2010, 03:01 PM

No I wouldn't be mad at TT if he got fired and went to the Bears. I would be pissed if he quit on the Pack and went to the Bears.

woodbuck27
10-28-2010, 03:03 PM

'' Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.'' Deputy Nutz

Nutz...Do you really imaginen the haters on this forum will ever acknowledge that fact. No damn way. :D

They have to go on and on and on with the need to hate Favre; and there is absolutely no real reason that they can point to but to themselves for their crap attitudes.

Favre has to be absolutely and brutally dealt with 'by ignorant' have to hate Packer fans that are just plainly blind to the facts as they have been presented. I mean I'm in shock and will always be in shock that so many can get it so very wrong.

In my entire lifetime I've never experienced such a storm of opinion that's based in absolute garbage analysis and hardly gets down to the fact that TT and MM wanted Aaron Rodgers in place and Favre was frozen out. That is too clear.

Do that to Breet Favre after his amazing 2007 season. No way Hose ! It was going to be a shit storm and it got there just mildly. Packers even try to buy him off.

Packer fans ignore that issue. Paqckerf ans don't acknowledge Favre's integrity to reject that in favor of doing what he loved doing.

Football. He just needed to continue somewhere. Packer fans hate is simply sick or to be nice...ludicrous. Favre got screwed and the best thing was to just release him. TT? is no damn good for not simply offering that respect.

Trading Brett Favre after offering him $20 Million to retire. Uhhh !

Going beyond that . Favre said. There were mistakes on both sides. He was content to just be playing foootba;ll with the Jets. He said. He felt there were no hard feelings. Both sides moved on.

Why didn't foolish and hateful Packer fans move on ?

Wait and see where it gets him (TT) but nowhere. KARMA is a real bitch. Then there»'s MM and isn't he lost ijh the headlites still!? Yesa he is Packer faNS. Each week I watch the cocky look on Aaron Rodgers face and it gets clearer and clearer.

We will not ever see a Championship under TT and Aaron Rodgers will never come even remotely close to the status of Brett Favre.

I'm a Packer fan but I'm no silly dreamer.

TT and MM must go. Then the Karma spell will be broken. The Packer fans have to be fair too or all that hate will only spell Packer doomj in our future.

I am not wrong Packer fans. :idea:

ThunderDan
10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
'' Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.'' Deputy Nutz

Nutz...Do you really imaginen the haters on this forum will ever acknowledge that fact. No damn way. :D

They have to go on and on and on with the need to hate Favre; and there is absolutely no real reason that they can point to but to themselves for their crap attitudes.

Favre has to be absolutely and brutally dealt with 'by ignorant' have to hate Packer fans that are just plainly blind to the facts as they have been presented. I mean I'm in shock and will always be in shock that so many can get it so very wrong.

In my entire lifetime I've never experienced such a storm of opinion that's based in absolute garbage analysis and hardly gets down to the fact that TT and MM wanted Aaron Rodgers in place and Favre was frozen out. That is too clear.

Do that to Breet Favre after his amazing 2007 season. No way Hose ! It was going to be a shit storm and it got there just mildly. Packers even try to buy him off.

Packer fans ignore that issue. Paqckerf ans don't acknowledge Favre's integrity to reject that in favor of doing what he loved doing.

Football. He just needed to continue somewhere. Packer fans hate is simply sick or to be nice...ludicrous. Favre got screwed and the best thing was to just release him. TT? is no damn good for not simply offering that respect.

Trading Brett Favre after offering him $20 Million to retire. Uhhh !

Going beyond that . Favre said. There were mistakes on both sides. He was content to just be playing foootba;ll with the Jets. He said. He felt there were no hard feelings. Both sides moved on.

Why didn't foolish and hateful Packer fans move on ?

Wait and see where it gets him (TT) but nowhere. KARMA is a real bitch. Then there»'s MM and isn't he lost ijh the headlites still!? Yesa he is Packer faNS. Each week I watch the cocky look on Aaron Rodgers face and it gets clearer and clearer.

We will not ever see a Championship under TT and Aaron Rodgers will never come even remotely close to the status of Brett Favre.

I'm a Packer fan but I'm no silly dreamer.

TT and MM must go. Then the Karma spell will be broken. The Packer fans have to be fair too or all that hate will only spell Packer doomj in our future.

I am not wrong Packer fans. :idea:

I don't even know what to say after this post.

When BF says anything against TT and MM he is speaking against the Packers becasue both represent the Packers.

And speaking of karma, we haven't won the Super Bowl since the 96 season. What did TT and MM have to do with the Pack in '97 that started our downswing that will only be ended wiith their removal today?

Also on a karma note, is it karma that BF got his ankle busted up by the Packers? To me the "karma Gods" are getting back at BF for going to MINN.

Also what GM releases their Pro Bowl QB who just threw for 4,155 yards and 28 TDs? If TT had release Favre I would have screamed for TT's head. No competent GM lets a Pro Bowler under contract "force" his way to another team without compensation.

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't even know what to say after this post.

I do, but it's a complete waste of cyber space, because posters like Nutz and WB are just too Bert orientated to see the truth.

TT has always ,maintained "the proof is in the puding". Well, we're all privvy to the puding, it's in purple and it's a joke.

mraynrand
10-28-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm sure he said some nice things about the Packers when talking to Matt Millen

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM

No Nutz, Favre is the traitor. He may have taken exception to TT actually accepting his resignation. But, resign he did, publicly and TT moved on.

Come back and love us like we love you. This forum isn't guilty of running off Favre. So, don't punish us with your abstinence!

Pugger
10-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Favre lovers/apologists still think TT kicked Grampa to the curb and they can never forgive TT for this supposed transgression. They don't think #4 "retired" on his own even tho Favre said the decision to 'retire' in 2008 was his and his alone. I do not believe for one second that TT or MM or anyone else pushed His Highness out the door. What GM/HC would want to get rid of a sure fire HOF QB?? I'd wager Favre didn't like the fact that his enabler Sherman was shown the door. He didn't have the ear of the GM and wasn't treated with kid gloves by his new HC. Favre played the retirement card in the hopes TT would release him outright like NY eventually did so he could become in essense a FA. It was Favre who wanted out of GB and his contract. There can be no other plausable explaination of why a player near the end of his career would want to leave a team that just weeks ago was playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. The fact that his choice of teams was a bitter rival of the team that made him a millionaire was enough for me to have a complete change of heart when it came to how I felt about him.

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Quitting Bert is hard for some. And the cockshot only makes it harder.

I think Woody will always hate Ted for what he did to his Bert.

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Quitting Bert is hard for some. And the cockshot only makes it harder.

I think Woody will always hate Ted for making Bert sexual harass those NY women.

FIXED.

bobblehead
10-29-2010, 10:11 AM

Actions speak louder than words. BF has a pattern that is easy to see. He has failed to work out in the offseason for around 10 years now with 2 exceptions. '07 when the team sent a personal trainer to kiln, MS to make him get/stay in shape and '09 when he was rightously pissed and wanted to prove to everyone he could waltz into camp 2 weeks late and play well. Ironically it was the same season he decided to heed MM's advice and stop tossing all the picks.

Now, with him having proven to the world that he was right and MM was wrong (by doing exactly what MM demanded of him) he reverted to being lazy, reporting late and 14 pounds overweight and tossing picks at an alarming rate. Oh, and good news, he got Randy Moss who also spent exactly one season proving everyone wrong by doing exactly what they asked of him (playing motivated/hard).

Guys who have to feel wronged in order to put in the required effort can work for a season here and there, but they are hardly the types of guys you build a franchise on. Give me a CMIII anyday over Brett and Randy.

mraynrand
10-29-2010, 11:09 AM

Actions speak louder than words. BF has a pattern that is easy to see. He has failed to work out in the offseason for around 10 years now with 2 exceptions. '07 when the team sent a personal trainer to kiln, MS to make him get/stay in shape and '09 when he was rightously pissed and wanted to prove to everyone he could waltz into camp 2 weeks late and play well. Ironically it was the same season he decided to heed MM's advice and stop tossing all the picks.

Now, with him having proven to the world that he was right and MM was wrong (by doing exactly what MM demanded of him) he reverted to being lazy, reporting late and 14 pounds overweight and tossing picks at an alarming rate. Oh, and good news, he got Randy Moss who also spent exactly one season proving everyone wrong by doing exactly what they asked of him (playing motivated/hard).

Guys who have to feel wronged in order to put in the required effort can work for a season here and there, but they are hardly the types of guys you build a franchise on. Give me a CMIII anyday over Brett and Randy.

Favre worked out pretty good before the 2005 season.

Zool
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
And the cockshot only makes it harder.

I see what you did there.

pbmax
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM

First off, ARod was outside the tackle box so he was allowed to throw the ball anywhere he wants without a grounding penalty as long as the ball makes it past the line of scrimmage.

Second, Arod was scrambling to his right away from pressure. WR are taught that if the QB is in trouble you come back to the QB to help him. Jordy broke off his route and came back to ARod. ARod threw the ball long hoping that Jordy would continue his route. That mistake was on Arod.
Philbin laid the blame at Jordy's feet. Saying he should not have cut the route off.

pbmax
10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
An appropriately vague answer. He's not throwing A-rod under the bus as it is possible he's second guessing his own play calling.
There are very few pass plays where no one is designated to go deep.

They sent two deep on that play (Nelson and Jones) to clear out coverage for the three underneath routes they were running.

McCarthy cannot force the QB to throw short if he bails on those three receivers and routes, steps to his right and sends it to a deep pattern. This is why criticizing play calling (esp. passing) is dicey, because it is very difficult to guess the intent of the play (esp. the coach's, but also the QBs).

mngolf19
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM

You do realize that they fined Chilly 35k, who knows what the VP of officiating said to him...I am supposed to listen to Chilly!? You are stoned...he lied about were his three of his best players were going when they went to get the Old Man that you call an NFL QB.

So now you know him well enough to decide whether he's lying or not? He was fined by the NFL for ripping the refs and for discussing what was supposed to be a confidential conversation between the league and coach. And I don't automatically disbelieve anyone, except politicians. Sometimes what people say is how things actually happened whether we like it or not.

steve823
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
People really can't put Favre behind them? It's getting pretty old in my opinion. I'd rather look forward to the Jets game then bitch and whine about Favre. Just my 2 cents.

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM

So now you know him well enough to decide whether he's lying or not? He was fined by the NFL for ripping the refs and for discussing what was supposed to be a confidential conversation between the league and coach. And I don't automatically disbelieve anyone, except politicians. Sometimes what people say is how things actually happened whether we like it or not.

Chilly was in Wisconsin longer than he has been in Minnesota. (Not sure about knowing if he is lying or not)

mraynrand
10-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't automatically disbelieve anyone, except politicians.

That's a good one. I don't believe Don King and Jim Bakker either.