PDA

View Full Version : Romo injured

Brando19
10-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Tony Romo left Monday Night's game with a broken collarbone. How long are QB's usually out with an injury like this? Think he'll be back in time to play the Packers?

Airin' Rodgers
10-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Espn just said normal recovery time is 8-10 weeks...

denverYooper
10-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Schefter reported 8-10 weeks as well.

Damn. Real tough shot for Dallas.

Brando19
10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Airin' Rodgers. Looks like he won't be making the Packers game. Here's from PFT:

Well, the Cowboys won't be playing in the Super Bowl they'll be hosting.

ESPN's Mike Tirico told the football-watching world moments ago that Dallas quarterback Tony Romo has a fractured left clavicle.

Romo suffered the injury on a hit from linebacker Michael Boley, which came at a time when the home team led by only three points, 10-7. After that, a David Buehler field goal and a Dez Bryant punt return pushed the margin to 13.

The Giants have roared back, via two more touchdown passes from quarterback Eli Manning. New York currently leads by a point, and there's a sense that they'll steamroll the Cowboys the rest of the way.

Since becoming the starter in 2006, Romo has missed only three games. The absence came in 2008, when he broke a finger on his non-throwing hand.

There's no word on his absence this time around, but a broken collarbone usually requires a month, at least, to heal. By then, the Cowboys could be even more done than they already seem to be.

From a TV-business standpoint, the big question becomes whether Romo will be back for the Thanksgiving game against the Saints. Then again, whether Romo plays won't matter. What else would anyone watch on Thanksgiving afternoon?

red
10-25-2010, 09:57 PM
damn, that game in 2 weeks just got a hell of a lot easier

could it be that the stars are starting to align for us?

Joemailman
10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
They'll have to triple team Matthews to keep him away from Kitna. Favre with a broken ankle might be more mobile than Kitna.

GrnBay007
10-26-2010, 12:20 AM
My son broke his collarbone almost 3 weeks ago. With only 3 games left he was obviously out for the season. Doc said he was lucky in that his break left the bones perfectly aligned and no surgery was needed. He's in a brace for 6 weeks. Not sure if needing surgery would make that recovery time longer. After his 3rd x-ray the doc did said that considering there was good bone growth going on, it would take a hard hit to re-break it. I would be surprised if Romo would be back before 6 weeks. It's not like it's an area that they can wrap or put some type of brace on to protect it and let him play.

channtheman
10-26-2010, 12:28 AM
When I saw it I figured he would be out about 6 weeks. Sucks for the Cowboys, but there season is over anyway after tonight.

mmmdk
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Clean hit, bad luck for Romo.

Fritz
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Jon Kitna is not a bad QB. He threw some completions against the Pack when he played for the lowly Leos.

He ain't bad.

Lurker64
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Jon Kitna is not a bad QB. He threw some completions against the Pack when he played for the lowly Leos.

He ain't bad.

How long ago was that? I think we've recently seen evidence that quarterbacks are unlike a fine wine (which gets better with age) and more like yogurt (which goes bad eventually).

red
10-26-2010, 04:38 PM

gotta love that unforgiving turf that JJ put in his football temple. its rollup shit that is quick and easy to change for all the different events held there.

my guess is that its just like the old astro turf. half inch of foam rolled out over concrete

when romo hit the ground it just look like he hit a brick wall

gbgary
10-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Schefter reported 8-10 weeks as well.

Damn. Real tough shot for Dallas.

:violin:

mission
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM

gotta love that unforgiving turf that JJ put in his football temple. its rollup shit that is quick and easy to change for all the different events held there.

my guess is that its just like the old astro turf. half inch of foam rolled out over concrete

how do you have a quadrillion dollar stadium and not the absolute top-notch A++ technology (field) for your prized investment? not saying you're wrong but damn... you'd think it'd have the latest/greatest.

Joemailman
10-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Anybody wondering why Nance isn't playing more should watch that play. An inexperienced guy who misses a blitz pickup can put your starting QB on the sidelines.

retailguy
10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Anybody wondering why Nance isn't playing more should watch that play. An inexperienced guy who misses a blitz pickup can put your starting QB on the sidelines.

This is the best observation on this forum this season. Well done, Joe.

Guiness
10-27-2010, 12:18 PM

how do you have a quadrillion dollar stadium and not the absolute top-notch A++ technology (field) for your prized investment? not saying you're wrong but damn... you'd think it'd have the latest/greatest.

It's a trade-off. Like mmmdk said, they have to be able to swap it in and out, and cover it up for other events.

Nothing is as bad as the old Astro-Turf(tm) which ended quite a few careers early, but technology only goes so far.

In hockey, there's the opposite problem. Not enough cooling and the ice goes soft, starts to melt, and skates can catch an edge. I've seen 'fog bowl' hockey games, pretty weird.