PDA

View Full Version : The Goods

Deputy Nutz
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Well I hate to eat crow, I feel like a Packer fan last year. The Vikings VS the Packers couldn't have gone any worse for me, plenty of heart ache to go around that is still going with the news of Favre having a couple of fractures in his left ankle.

Anyways, I came on here last year and talked a little shit to my former fellow Packer fans, so I feel obligated to tell you all how well your team played, even with the McCarthy run offense trying to give Favre as many shots as possible to steal the game in the fourth quarter.

Favre certainly wasn't the goods on sunday night, his continued poor play extended itself through the game against his former team turned archrivals. He had no consistency, never got himself on track by completing several balls in a row. His current voicemail scandal is probably having a little effect, but the reality is he expended his physical ability last year. He simply didn't do enough in the off season to fix and rehab his injured body from the NFC Championship game, and I believe he lost his will to play at a high leve, and should not have been talked back into playing this year. He looks a bit worse than his season in New York. I am sure he pulls his injured body from the wreckage of Sunday night and tries to play against the Pats, but as much as this hurts to say, he is finished.

Three interceptions that should have never been thrown and have no excuse are a direct coralation to the score of the game. Peterson couldn't get going because Favre couldn't get into any consistency and fed 14 points to the Packer in the second half. Childress is probably worse at challenging plays than McCarthy, and the refs certainly didn't help the Vikings(blaming the refs? No but they didn't help the Vikings). Also the Vikings are just a stupid football team, not wrapping up Kuhn on both 4-1s and were lucky the refs had a short whistle on the second attempt because the Viking were more amused with themselves rather than making sure Kuhn was good and down.

The Packers defense was simply ridiculous considering how many missing pieces it took the field without. They lost Jenkins right before the game, Pickett hurt his ankle and played a mere 7 snaps and Mike Neal was lost for the seaon, sure they didn't dominate the run game and Peterson's stats looked good at the end of the game, but he couldn't even take the game on his shoulders and dominate. The reason was that CJ Wilson, BJ Raji, Desmond Bishop, and AJ Hawk played well enough to hold the point and keep Peterson from breaking loose down field and getting into the secondary. They made use of Favre's blunders and put 14 points on the board from those turnovers.

The Packers offensive line played their best game in maybe two years. Clifton dominated Allen, and the Packers ran the ball with success out of really well thought out scheme. The Packers had a really good game plan with the mix of runs to the boat load of passes that were called. Brandon Jackson had his best game because of it.

Aaron Rodgers looked lost in the second half. He wasn't on the right page with his receivers, and I don't know the reason why. He looks upset all the time, his offensive line gave him the protection, but I don't think he expected it.

The Vikings secondary didn't step up to the plate, they unlike the Packers injured defense faultered, while the Packers back ups stepped their game up.

Packers wanted this one more. Simple as that. The defense especially, they were embarrased last year at the hands of Favre and they heard about it all week, and it was a game where it didn't matter who came into the game because they were all prepared and motivated.

It was sad to see that Drives consecutive game with a catch streak came to an end. He is a great footballer, and a Packer Legend.

To end, Favre wanted to win badly, he did everything he could with his flare for dramatics, he is a unique player, but he didn't want this win enough to work all off season. He was fueled by motivation last year, he lived to beat the Packers last year, and now, he looks to be completely out of gas.

I hope unlike a lot of Favre fans or Packer fans I can report without viewing through the rose colored glasses. I give it to you the best I can and damn it, you appreciate it. Now go fuck yourselves

Fritz
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I grew increasingly concerned as I read this post. Then I read the last line, and relaxed. Whew.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
...Now go fuck yourselves

Maybe later. They tend to frown upon those shenanigans at the office.

Nice break down. I think the thing that stood out the most from your analysis was saying GB wanted it more. I think that was just the case: they got such great effort out of the DL with Wynn and Wilson who shouldn't even be on the field for more than a couple snaps as they develop. Due to injuries, GB was outclassed by personnel on paper, but they were ready to play!

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Nice break down. I think the thing that stood out the most from your analysis was saying GB wanted it more. I think that was just the case: they got such great effort out of the DL with Wynn and Wilson who shouldn't even be on the field for more than a couple snaps as they develop. Due to injuries, GB was outclassed by personnel on paper, but they were ready to play!

Isn't that on the head coach? Getting his team ready to play! :lol:

Tarlam!
10-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Fuck you, nutz, and your Bert apologies. The fuck deserves what he gets. Remeber? He took responsibilty for his legacy. We.., he fucked it up huger than big.

Had he have gone out on TT's terms, the guy would be a candidate for sainthood. I hope he rots for what he did to the Packers. Fucker. Rot!!!

ThunderDan
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Fuck you, nutz, and your Bert apologies. The fuck deserves what he gets. Remeber? He took responsibilty for his legacy. We.., he fucked it up huger than big.

Had he have gone out on TT's terms, the guy would be a candidate for sainthood. I hope he rots for what he did to the Packers. Fucker. Rot!!!

I agree with this until BF retires from the league. Then he is welcome back at Lambeau after a couple of years cooling period.

Zool
10-27-2010, 10:18 AM

I agree with this until BF retires from the league. Then he is welcome back at Lambeau after a couple of years cooling period.

If a couple means 10 then maybe.

Tarlam!
10-27-2010, 10:28 AM

Not in my lifetime. The guy turned from saint to demon for me. I wish him the worst future possible. I hope the commissioner suspends him, his injuries prevent him from ever taking the field again and that his legacy is so damaged he doesn't get voted into the HOF 1st ballot. I hate this fucker big time.

Cheesehead Craig
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Not in my lifetime. The guy turned from saint to demon for me. I wish him the worst future possible. I hope the commissioner suspends him, his injuries prevent him from ever taking the field again and that his legacy is so damaged he doesn't get voted into the HOF 1st ballot. I hate this fucker big time.
I hate when people pussy-foot around what they really feel about something. :lol:

Guiness
10-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I hate when people pussy-foot around what they really feel about something. :lol:

Ya, that's Tar. Always in inner turmoil, not sure if he should speak his mind for fear of offending.

(I agree with ya Tar. He's shown himself to be a pretty despicable human being)

TennesseePackerBacker
10-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Wait, so you quit being a Packer fan? I wasn't around when this happened I guess, but in my opinion you're just a disloyal, turncoat, motherfucker. You'll get no more words from me.

Guiness
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Wait, so you quit being a Packer fan? I wasn't around when this happened I guess, but in my opinion you're just a disloyal, turncoat, motherfucker. You'll get no more words from me.

:?: :?: :?:

Tony Oday
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM
I thought you were a liberal nutz...they never say when they are wrong...

Favre can go play real life frogger for all I care.

bobblehead
10-27-2010, 08:25 PM

Tar...Its not even about going out on TT's terms. If he simply would work out and stay in shape (like he ironically did last season) during the offseason he would still be the GB QB today.

MJZiggy
10-27-2010, 08:39 PM

:?: :?: :?:

I believe he was referring to Nutz, not to you.

Maybe when I'm 80 or 90 I'll do some sort of ritual forgiveness where I absolve everyone who's ever wronged me. But in this case probably not.

superfan
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Good analysis overall, and props to Nutz for manning up (can I use man'ing instead of "manning"?) and posting when it wasn't easy for him. However, the following concerns me:

...Anyways, I came on here last year and talked a little shit to my former fellow Packer fans, so I feel obligated to tell you all how well your team played, even with the McCarthy run offense trying to give Favre as many shots as possible to steal the game in the fourth quarter...

"Your team"?!?!?!

For God's sakes, Nutz. I know you've been enlightened and all and are above rooting for a specific team, but it remains pathetic of you to refer to the Pack as "your team" to the rest of us.

See that darkness you're walking towards? Here's an idea - face the (purplish) darkness, turn around 180 degrees, face the light, and walk towards it. Welcome back to life as a Packer fan. :lol:

Don't force me to schedule an offline intervention. Especially since you're bigger than me.

I know Skin only lets you out of the back shed during scheduled feeding intervals, but that's no excuse. I see your post count is something like 6600, that's something like 800 when converted to Pillow Thread Count. You're obviously a Packer fan, you can do better than that. Bitch.

Love,
superfan

mission
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Nice post, Nutz... pretty accurate.

Hard to imagine how someone could stop being a Packers fan, but I guess I've been one for so long that I wouldn't know another way.

wootah
10-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Great thread. Packerrats really is the only forum where you can read up on Cliffy's current footwork and learn some valuable life lessons at the same time. I feel like the kid in the barbershop scene in Gran Torino.

http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/grantorino2.jpg

Where can I get me some access to this Garbage Can paradise?

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Where can I get me some access to this Garbage Can paradise?

Drop Joe the Admin a PM. He's the only one that can bump your status. Don't expect too much, not a lot posts in the GC.

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2010, 07:51 AM

Isn't that on the head coach? Getting his team ready to play! :lol:

I'm a fan of MM. He shows good pad level and i think he'll get things cleaned up.

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2010, 10:01 AM

Then do me a favor, pack up that 200 dollar Favre jersey that you bought, and send it to me, I will always be happy to wear a Packer Jersey as long as it has a 4 on it. I will PM you my address.

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Again, why do I have to be a fucking sheep and follow along like the rest of you when I disagree and refuse to support a General Manager? The last time I checked it isn't the "Green Bay Thompsons". I refuse to support bullshit, and I will stand up against it. When Thompson is gone, and when McCarthy is gone then maybe I can lay my hatred at rest for the Packer organization.

But it isn't even that, I follow the Packers closer than I follow the Vikings. In fact I can't stand the Vikings outside of Favre, Allen, and Peterson. I enjoy football, but I don't think I can ever have the same passion for a team as I did with a Favre led Packers team. Regardless if Favre actually walked away in 2008, I think that flame has flickered out.

Also I am the furthest fucking thing away from a goddamn communist liberal.

mraynrand
10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Again, why do I have to be a fucking sheep and follow along like the rest of you when I disagree and refuse to support a General Manager? The last time I checked it isn't the "Green Bay Thompsons". I refuse to support bullshit, and I will stand up against it. When Thompson is gone, and when McCarthy is gone then maybe I can lay my hatred at rest for the Packer organization.

But it isn't even that, I follow the Packers closer than I follow the Vikings. In fact I can't stand the Vikings outside of Favre, Allen, and Peterson. I enjoy football, but I don't think I can ever have the same passion for a team as I did with a Favre led Packers team. Regardless if Favre actually walked away in 2008, I think that flame has flickered out.

We've been over this territory before. Totally understand your POV. Don't agree with most of it, but it doesn't make you a 'traitor,' just a BFFF. I agree that the overall excitement level dropped after Favre left. I thought the combination of 3-4 blue chippers this year would change all that, but injuries have really dumped the season in the crapper.

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
We've been over this territory before. Totally understand your POV. Don't agree with most of it, but it doesn't make you a 'traitor,' just a BFFF. I agree that the overall excitement level dropped after Favre left. I thought the combination of 3-4 blue chippers this year would change all that, but injuries have really dumped the season in the crapper.

I know, but apparently we have some newcomers around here who haven't heard this rant and I wanted to make it available again.

Bossman641
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Great point. So then why would you allow your dislike of the GM to stop you from liking the team????? :?:

TennesseePackerBacker
10-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Great point. So then why would you allow your dislike of the GM to stop you from liking the team????? :?:

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't follow the logic on Nutz' post. And I hope the newcomer comment was directed to me, check my join date. Though I wasn't around much last year when your "revelation" seemed to take place.

Also Guiness, Ziggy was right, it wasn't directed at you.

Brandon494
10-28-2010, 05:38 PM

Last time I checked it wasn't the Green Bay Favres either. Bottom line you picked a player over a team. Nothing wrong with that just means you were never really a Packers fan and more of a Favre fan.

Tarlam!
10-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Last time I checked it wasn't the Green Bay Favres either. Bottom line you picked a player over a team. Nothing wrong with that just means you were never really a Packers fan and more of a Favre fan.

Ya, this is the nuts, Nutz! You can have the fucking Jersey. If I don't give it to you, I'll tear it up and use it to wipe my arse.

Favre is a self-centred joke that happens to be a hell of a football player. One that hurt the team I root for, purposely. You can have him, his sexting and all. Me? I'm a Packers fan and no player is bigger than the team.

If you're too ignorant to see what TT has done out of the shitstorm Sherman left him wit, then that's on you. You know you're on the outer rim when the only poster to agree with you is Woodbuck.

bobblehead
10-28-2010, 08:44 PM

nutz, you are far from a commy lib, I agree. Therefore I support your right to be wrong to the bitter end. I wish you would post more as I miss your humor. I'll still take my shots when I disagree with you as I expect you would me. Come back in from the cold and be more involved...even if you bash TT.

Spaulding
10-28-2010, 09:43 PM

nutz, you are far from a commy lib, I agree. Therefore I support your right to be wrong to the bitter end. I wish you would post more as I miss your humor. I'll still take my shots when I disagree with you as I expect you would me. Come back in from the cold and be more involved...even if you bash TT.

Gotta agree with bobblehead on this. As much as I disagree with your point of view it's beneficial to have differing view points on the forum. Your humor and points keep things interesting and prevent Packer love fest from being the norm.

Then again I'm a complete Packer homer and get all warm and fuzzy when the media gushes on the Pack so the rah rah threads are obviously enjoyable from that perspective but it's posts like yours and Wist's that help keep things grounded a bit.

Speaking of which, dammit where's the kool-aid as we're going to beat the injury bug and make the NFC title game in the watered down NFC.

Bretsky
10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Nutz....hope all is well with you and your family. Miss seeing you around.
Enjoy the anti homer view and if we hit a bar again together we'd probably agree on a few things as well.

Cheers,
Brett

gex
10-28-2010, 11:53 PM

Ya, this is the nuts, Nutz! You can have the fucking Jersey. If I don't give it to you, I'll tear it up and use it to wipe my arse.

Favre is a self-centred joke that happens to be a hell of a football player. One that hurt the team I root for, purposely. You can have him, his sexting and all. Me? I'm a Packers fan and no player is bigger than the team.

If you're too ignorant to see what TT has done out of the shitstorm Sherman left him wit, then that's on you. You know you're on the outer rim when the only poster to agree with you is Woodbuck.

What is that Tarlem...to not win one...ONE!! fucking playoff game without a HOF QB running the show...pure genius he is LOL :lol:

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 12:28 AM

What is that Tarlem...to not win one...ONE!! fucking playoff game without a HOF QB running the show...pure genius he is LOL :lol:

Last time I checked BF wasn't in the HOF (he is a shoe in). Give Rodgers 10 years in the league and see if he isn't a HOF QB before you make an ignorant statement like that.

Tarlam!
10-29-2010, 02:31 AM
If you're too ignorant to see what TT has done out of the shitstorm Sherman left him wit, then that's on you.

You mean the same HOF QB that implodes when the rubber meets the road in his two last NFCCGs? :shock:

The fact that the Packers are still competitive, despite so many starters IRed, is a credit to TT. If that isn't clear, then I guess nothing will convince you.

Tarlam!
10-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Give Rodgers 10 years in the league and see if he isn't a HOF QB before you make an ignorant statement like that.

His current form isn't helping his case, though, Dan. He needs to get back to form.

Tarlam!
10-29-2010, 02:36 AM

+1

And I blame Bert for dividing Packer fans and driving Nutz away! That Fucker!!!

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Give Rodgers 10 years in the league and see if he isn't a HOF QB before you make an ignorant statement like that.

His current form isn't helping his case, though, Dan. He needs to get back to form.

Talk to Kurt Warner about that. Kurt couldn't sniff the field for long stretches at a time (read as AFL days and NY Giants). While Arod is having a down year, his game changing TE and starting RB are out for the year, he is still is performing well enough that no one is yelling for Matt Flynn to start. Unlike in MINN where TJack is the hot choice of the moment to replace that HOF QB that Gex is bitching about being the only QB that is able to win a playoff game for TT.

Pugger
10-29-2010, 08:57 AM

BINGO!

ThunderDan
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM

BINGO!

Oh no! Here we go again down the rabbit hole.

bobblehead
10-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Your point is humorous. Sherman had the same QB you rave about and managed to lose in Lambeau in the playoffs more than once (It had never been done before). I also don't recall him ever making a NFCC with said HOF QB....but TT did.

Now, I'm frustrated with all the injuries, and I'm not drinking the TT kool aid quite as hard as I once did ('07 season), but I still see a deep talented team that has lost a starting lineup to injuries and is managing to stay competitive. I still want to make the playoffs in a bad way and if we do you gotta give big props. With the schedule and the injuries, just limping into the playoffs is HUGE...winning a game or more would be epic.

pbmax
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Brett Favre without Thompson = 1 playoff win
Thompson without Favre = 0 playoff wins

Well, that tiny sample size seals it for me Gex. Clearly Thompson is a fool.

Scott Campbell
10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Then do me a favor, pack up that 200 dollar Favre jersey that you bought, and send it to me, I will always be happy to wear a Packer Jersey as long as it has a 4 on it. I will PM you my address.

Or you could just pull Bert's name off it and replace it with "Thanks Ted!".

pbmax
10-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I am posting this here just to keep Favre mania in a few threads. But this requires a response:

Nutz, you know I love you, but your addiction to Favre really pisses me off. Yeah, he played great for GB, but man, you're a Packers fan so toe the fuckin' line!!!!

Dump this man love for the fucking traitor and come home. Your family needs you, wants you and loves you.

Thompson is the traitor!!! Would you blame Thompson if he was fired and then took the job as the Bears GM? I would because I hate him and what he did to the Packers!!!!

Call me ridiculous, but that is what you sound like. Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.
The bolded text is my emphasis.

Favre threw Thompson and Murphy completely under the bus during the 08 Summer of Hate Tour. Now, reasonable minds might disagree over who had the more legitimate complaint, but there is no denying he spent time blasting the org. Short of complaining about Starr, Davis, Hornung, Lombardi, Hutson or Lambeau, calling your CEO and GM incompetent and double-dealing is blasting the organization. It is true he has not criticized the fans, and that might be the most unequivocal statement we can make about the ordeal.

He called Thompson a liar and questioned his judgment when he publicly complained about not interviewing Mooch and not signing Moss and other FAs.

And his side leaked the meeting with Murphy and the re-offer of a personal services contract with the team in their August meeting. While I have no direct proof of their thought process, it would seem that Brett and Bus are smart enough to know this would be seen (and I think was anonymously described) as a bribe to save face. Favre's side never seemed to mention that the offer had been made before.

I do not hold any animosity toward Nutz or any poster or fan who may hold that Favre's complaints were legitimate. Or that Thompson and McCarthy made a mistake in not accepting Brett's unretirement. I do not agree, but that is not the point.

It is undeniable that Favre was very public about his complaints about the Packers management. Agreeing with his arguments doesn't make it less so. I do give Favre credit. Unlike some of his brethren, he has moved on, publicly at least.

pbmax
10-29-2010, 11:51 AM
I should also say I appreciate Nutz posting this after a Packer win. It would have been much easier to ignore the board and I commend the effort.

Deputy Nutz
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I am posting this here just to keep Favre mania in a few threads. But this requires a response:

Nutz, you know I love you, but your addiction to Favre really pisses me off. Yeah, he played great for GB, but man, you're a Packers fan so toe the fuckin' line!!!!

Dump this man love for the fucking traitor and come home. Your family needs you, wants you and loves you.

Thompson is the traitor!!! Would you blame Thompson if he was fired and then took the job as the Bears GM? I would because I hate him and what he did to the Packers!!!!

Call me ridiculous, but that is what you sound like. Favre never said one bad word about the Packers, or their fans. He has always been more than respectful and positive about the Packers and his time in Green Bay.
The bolded text is my emphasis.

Favre threw Thompson and Murphy completely under the bus during the 08 Summer of Hate Tour. Now, reasonable minds might disagree over who had the more legitimate complaint, but there is no denying he spent time blasting the org. Short of complaining about Starr, Davis, Hornung, Lombardi, Hutson or Lambeau, calling your CEO and GM incompetent and double-dealing is blasting the organization. It is true he has not criticized the fans, and that might be the most unequivocal statement we can make about the ordeal.

He called Thompson a liar and questioned his judgment when he publicly complained about not interviewing Mooch and not signing Moss and other FAs.

And his side leaked the meeting with Murphy and the re-offer of a personal services contract with the team in their August meeting. While I have no direct proof of their thought process, it would seem that Brett and Bus are smart enough to know this would be seen (and I think was anonymously described) as a bribe to save face. Favre's side never seemed to mention that the offer had been made before.

I do not hold any animosity toward Nutz or any poster or fan who may hold that Favre's complaints were legitimate. Or that Thompson and McCarthy made a mistake in not accepting Brett's unretirement. I do not agree, but that is not the point.

It is undeniable that Favre was very public about his complaints about the Packers management. Agreeing with his arguments doesn't make it less so. I do give Favre credit. Unlike some of his brethren, he has moved on, publicly at least.

Actually Favre did make a comment about the payoff offered to him from Murphy, he made a quote in the regards of,"at least it was something, nobody else is saying or doing anything, he brought something to the table, but this isn't about money it is about playing football."

I still don't remember Favre commenting negatively against the fans, his teammates or the organization as a whole, if like several others want to take the qoute from my previous post and try and correct me by saying he called Thompson this or that, then I think you prove my point, that Packer fans do believe that Thompson is the organization.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
The real question is how is this affecting nutty and skinbasket's relationship?

Deputy Nutz
10-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Secondly, I enjoy this place but I don't post here any where near the amount I used to, I can point to several things for that. One, I have a business to run. Second, I made a split from Packer Nation due to Favregate of 2008. Also I find that this place is run the same way under new ownership, and godforbid but this place was damn better when Madtown ran the show.

I try not to come on here with my limited time and pick fights and rip and bash the Packers, I like to provide some insight from time to time and see what others have to say. I don't like arguing about Favre/Packers, and I feel everytime his name is brought up I have to defend him, and I am sick of that. So I don't post. I wrote a piece on the Packers/Vikings game and look how many people had to post just comments about Favre, nobody posted about DD not getting a reception, or B-Jack having his best game, it came down to my homerism for Favre against the Packer homers. Dumb. The Packers got the best of Favre and the Vikings and I admitted that, admitted Favre played poorly.

I am sick of picking or getting roped into fights.

sharpe1027
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Actually Favre did make a comment about the payoff offered to him from Murphy, he made a quote in the regards of,"at least it was something, nobody else is saying or doing anything, he brought something to the table, but this isn't about money it is about playing football."

I still don't remember Favre commenting negatively against the fans, his teammates or the organization as a whole, if like several others want to take the qoute from my previous post and try and correct me by saying he called Thompson this or that, then I think you prove my point, that Packer fans do believe that Thompson is the organization.

First, what does the "organization as a whole" even mean to you? The organization is the people in it. Does he have to criticize the grounds crew, the receptionists and the guy selling beer at the stadium before it makes any difference to you?

Second, Favre's had no problems talking negatively about his teammates in the past.

Just my thoughts. I don't have a problem with you backing Favre, but your statements try to make it look very black and white in your favor and IMO when you overstate your position you make it seem weaker than it really is.

mraynrand
10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I wrote a piece on the Packers/Vikings game and look how many people had to post just comments about Favre, nobody posted about DD not getting a reception, or B-Jack having his best game.

I think the way BJack played pretty much throws out the 'horror' of losing Grant. The loss of Finley on the offense was huge, but with the improved play of Clifton and Beluga there's no excuse for the offense not playing better. The huge story of the game that is almost completely ignored is that the offense could only muster a single, half-of-the-field scoring drive in the second half. What the hell is wrong with Stubby? The O should be carrying the team, and they are playing like a bunch of bumblefucks.

Driver was hurt pretty good, by what I read/hear.

BTW, totally agree about the website under Madtown - miss that guy running the show.

MichiganPackerFan
11-01-2010, 10:55 AM

+1

And I blame Bert for dividing Packer fans and driving Nutz away! That Fucker!!!

I was pretty much over the whole Favre saga, but now I'm pissed again. :evil:

pbmax
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I am sick of picking or getting roped into fights.
Fair enough and understood. But given that Brett is still QBing and Thompson is still GMing, people are always going to use the two of them as proxies to rehash old fights.

But I can leave 08 behind for the sake of Nutz.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
What the hell is wrong with Stubby? The O should be carrying the team, and they are playing like a bunch of bumblefucks.

Re-quoted for another week....

Joemailman
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
With Finley gone and Driver hurt, Jones and Nelson need to step up. Seems those two guys take turns playing well, but they don't both play well at the same time. Right now Jennings seems to be the only guy Arod has much confidence in.

bobblehead
11-02-2010, 05:02 AM

First, what does the "organization as a whole" even mean to you? The organization is the people in it. Does he have to criticize the grounds crew, the receptionists and the guy selling beer at the stadium before it makes any difference to you?

Second, Favre's had no problems talking negatively about his teammates in the past.

Just my thoughts. I don't have a problem with you backing Favre, but your statements try to make it look very black and white in your favor and IMO when you overstate your position you make it seem weaker than it really is.

BF could speak as fondly of the Packers as Moss did of the Patriots.....that would heal a couple of my wounds.

Iron Mike
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
What the hell is wrong with Stubby? The O should be carrying the team, and they are playing like a bunch of bumblefucks.

Re-quoted for another week....

We need a chance to use the word "Flailure.."

denverYooper
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
With Finley gone and Driver hurt, Jones and Nelson need to step up. Seems those two guys take turns playing well, but they don't both play well at the same time. Right now Jennings seems to be the only guy Arod has much confidence in.

Is it just me or have they been playing Jordy in a hybrid role? I've seen multiple plays this year where he lines up in the backfield and stays in to block for a bit before leaking out into the flat, especially on 3rd and 5+. Sometimes he starts there and then motions out. I started noticing it in the Miami game where Rodgers hit him on a 3rd and long on a wonky-looking play but I swear he's converted a few other third and longs this year out of that look.

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Is it just me or have they been playing Jordy in a hybrid role? I've seen multiple plays this year where he lines up in the backfield and stays in to block for a bit before leaking out into the flat, especially on 3rd and 5+. Sometimes he starts there and then motions out. I started noticing it in the Miami game where Rodgers hit him on a 3rd and long on a wonky-looking play but I swear he's converted a few other third and longs this year out of that look.
Jordy is their best blocking WR. I think the hope is that if he's not needed for blocking that he gets lost in the shuffle and is able to run out 5-6 yards and be open.