PDA

View Full Version : Pure Lion Fans! NSFW or KIDS alot of F-words

Little Whiskey
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM
this is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g&feature=player_embedded

maybe MPF will enjoy the rest of the Not so Pure Michigan commercials.

www.notsopuremichigan.com

MJZiggy
10-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Don't play the sound at work or near children, by the way...

mmmdk
10-29-2010, 06:57 PM

Work you say? Just did - went ok. Funny :lol:

MJZiggy
10-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Some of us have colleagues and bosses who care.

mmmdk
10-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Care about Lions? I thought you lived in DC or what's your point?

In this case I guess it's better to be the boss of one self rather than self righteous.

Man, so many weird reply posts today - is the US Prez ok or did something go down :?:

mmmdk
10-29-2010, 07:16 PM

In this case I guess it's better to be the boss of one self rather than self righteous.

Man, so many weird reply posts today - is the US Prez ok or did something go down :?:

Or maybe it's just me that's weird, MJ!? Just maybe then. :P

MJZiggy
10-29-2010, 07:33 PM

Or maybe it's just me that's weird, MJ!? Just maybe then. :P

I'll give you a hint: How many times is the "F-word" that often offends bosses and others in the workplace said in that piece?

Little Whiskey
10-29-2010, 08:08 PM
ooops sorry about that. I should have warned about the f-word.

MJZiggy
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM

No worries, but the 11-year old was a little put off...

HowardRoark
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM

No worries, but the 11-year old was a little put off...

My 5 year old just heard it.....I'm thinking it didn't register. Had to shut it down after the second one.

pbmax
10-30-2010, 07:41 AM
They said "buck" as in a linebacker. Or a poster at Packerrats son.

mmmdk
10-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Go to any kindergarten or school - and you'll hear the kids language for yourselves. Just saying.

So the F-word gets is whole attention...fine, that's ok but that's not even a half-hearted protection of future generations language and human interaction.

How about the rhetoric which you find especially in American english? A lot of violent rhetorics and weapon rhetorics - latest with infamous Palin gun rhetorics but that's just a drop in the ocean. [Am.Eng. vilolent/weapon rhetorics)] is a growing study at universities and the above mentioned rhetorics is not a novice problem - you've gone from general Patton rhetoric to "general" Palin rhetorics.

I think I'll stop here 'cos these matters tend to get "tea bagged" - even at PR - and I'm not in the mood for a "tea party".

MJZiggy
10-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Go to any kindergarten or school - and you'll hear the kids language for yourselves. Just saying.

So the F-word gets is whole attention...fine, that's ok but that's not even a half-hearted protection of future generations language and human interaction.

How about the rhetoric which you find especially in American english? A lot of violent rhetorics and weapon rhetorics - latest with infamous Palin gun rhetorics but that's just a drop in the ocean. [Am.Eng. vilolent/weapon rhetorics)] is a growing study at universities and the above mentioned rhetorics is not a novice problem - you've gone from general Patton rhetoric to "general" Palin rhetorics.

I think I'll stop here 'cos these matters tend to get "tea bagged" - even at PR - and I'm not in the mood for a "tea party".

What the hell kind of kindergartens are you hanging out at? I've spent plenty of time in schools, and lo and behold, fuck is not heard as often as you'd like to believe.

Just because it exists doesn't mean I want to expose my kid to it more than necessary--and he doesn't like hearing it, so why push it on them? And General Palin is a complete putz. Don't consider her rhetoric relevant...

Thanks for the NSFW LW.

mraynrand
10-30-2010, 08:58 AM

Palin? are you kidding? Try:

http://www.sirius.com/channelguide
40 Hip-Hop Nation Music Hip-Hop/R&B Hip-Hop Hits
100 Howard 100 Entertainment Howard Stern Hear the Revolution
101 Howard 101 Entertainment Howard Stern Hear the Revolution

64 Willie's Place Music Country Willie Nelson's Texas Honky Tonk
125 Sports Play-by-Play 1 Sports More Sports European Soccer & More

If those channels don't damage your hearing sensibilities, not much will.

mmmdk
10-30-2010, 09:02 AM

What the hell kind of kindergartens are you hanging out at? I've spent plenty of time in schools, and lo and behold, fuck is not heard as often as you'd like to believe.

Just because it exists doesn't mean I want to expose my kid to it more than necessary--and he doesn't like hearing it, so why push it on them? And General Palin is a complete putz. Don't consider her rhetoric relevant...

Thanks for the NSFW LW.

The kindergarten where my daughter went (she's 7 now) - I was taken aback by the language by some kids and it gets worse when they get older. I read articles on the subject too etc. I do not need to justify my knowledge on the matter - especially with the "besserwisser" attitude you bring to the table. You're [normally] better than that.

Also, if you want to tell me that kids never swear - then I'll call you a downright liar.

Lastly, DO NOT belittle the violent rhetorics problem.

mmmdk
10-30-2010, 09:04 AM

Palin? are you kidding? Try:

http://www.sirius.com/channelguide
40 Hip-Hop Nation Music Hip-Hop/R&B Hip-Hop Hits
100 Howard 100 Entertainment Howard Stern Hear the Revolution
101 Howard 101 Entertainment Howard Stern Hear the Revolution

64 Willie's Place Music Country Willie Nelson's Texas Honky Tonk
125 Sports Play-by-Play 1 Sports More Sports European Soccer & More

If those channels don't damage your hearing sensibilities, not much will.

I agree - I wrote: latest with infamous Palin gun rhetorics but that's just a drop in the ocean.

mmmdk
10-30-2010, 09:11 AM
NB: I can't reply to more post for awhile. Gotta be with a bunch of kids for the next 4-5 hours. My wife works at a museum and it's Halloween theme.

I love halloween!

I hope dem kids (several hundred attend) don't swear 'cos I know who I'd call....

OUT TO TRICK OR TREAT! :D

MichiganPackerFan
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
this is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g&feature=player_embedded

maybe MPF will enjoy the rest of the Not so Pure Michigan commercials.

www.notsopuremichigan.com

Just saw this. I've bookmarked it for non-work hours viewing.

HowardRoark
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I heard on KFAN this am that Detroit is leading the NFC in scoring.....the guy was saying that if they get their run D figured out, they need to be taken into consideration.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I heard on KFAN this am that Detroit is leading the NFC in scoring.....the guy was saying that if they get their run D figured out, they need to be taken into consideration.

Absolutely. That is a well run ship over there. I've watched every game they've played this year (DirecTV shortcuts thank you!) They are tough and competitive - and now talented.