PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 other games thread

Bossman641
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
It's good to get a Grossman sighting. It's better to see him fumble and the ball be returned for a TD.

Some things never change.

Bossman641
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Harvin just limped off the field

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Wow. Harvin limps off and needs a lot of help to do so. That hurts.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
They were taping Harvin's ankle. Not serious apparently.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
They were taping Harvin's ankle. Not serious apparently.

Really? He could hardly walk.

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Ha. "Favre and the Vikings out to an early lead".

Now, I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the game, but every time I've looked I've seen Peterson bulling through the Pats D. IMHO, should have said "Peterson and the Vikings out to an early lead"

vince
10-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Dadada dada dada GO PATS GO!!!!

vince
10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Favre getting all day in the pocket and playing within himself for a change. Belly's got to dial up some pressure so he can self-destruct.

MJZiggy
10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this: Go Brady!! Go Pats!

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Dadada dada dada GO PATS GO!!!!

:lol:

steve823
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
4th and less than 1 for a TD.. Childress goes for it and FAILS. Vikings suck.

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Big stand by the Pats D.

MadScientist
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Purple pukes stuffed at the goal line on 4th down!

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Favre getting all day in the pocket and playing within himself for a change. Belly's got to dial up some pressure so he can self-destruct.

Favre is doing a good job of not hurting the Vikes so far.

Iron Mike
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
4th and less than 1 for a TD.. Childress goes for it and FAILS. Vikings suck.

I'm awful glad that boy got a contract extension. :P

Fritz
10-31-2010, 04:44 PM

This is exactly true. But the announcers, as usual, are slathering all over his balls. Why does he even need a Jenn Sterger when he's got them???

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 04:53 PM

This is exactly true. But the announcers, as usual, are slathering all over his balls. Why does he even need a Jenn Sterger when he's got them???

:lol:

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Um. Wow. Tate threw that hip fake and #20 was done for.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM

Boobs?
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/07/sterger.jpg

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM

Boobs?
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/07/sterger.jpg

I'll have to agree. The announcers are total boobs.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Pats just picked Vikings QB - lucky though. :lol:

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Actually, more like they picked Harvin. A good day gets better if the Pats win this game.

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 05:21 PM
The Patriots just drove 40 yards on the Vikings to score a TD with a bunch of traps, counters, draws, and one dump pass to the RB in the flat.

The Vikes just got schooled by some high school offense there.

Fritz
10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Eleven down with about ten minutes or so left? Hmm. Recipe for a couple heroic Favre throws, then a pick.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Pats just broke Favres jaw - I think :shock:

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Pats just broke Favre's jaw - I think :shock:

If it's a concussion, no biggie. I suspect Favre's been playing with a concussion for the better part of two decades.

steve823
10-31-2010, 05:48 PM

Nice shot they took at him there. Wonder if he comes back or if T-Jack stays in the game.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Pats just broke Favre's jaw - I think :shock:

If it's a concussion, no biggie. I suspect Favre's been playing with a concussion for the better part of two decades.

Are you watching? His jaw looked loose!

steve823
10-31-2010, 05:49 PM

Nice shot they took at him there. Wonder if he comes back or if T-Jack stays in the game.

Nevermind. He got carted off the field with his eyes closed.

bobblehead
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
He may have a torn labrum as well...the helmet speared his shoulder.

OMG...the announcer just told aikman he is used to being blasted in the mouth :shock: :shock: :shock: Weren't there a lot of gay rumors about aikman?

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 05:51 PM

Nevermind. He got carted off the field with his eyes closed.

It could be worse; he could've been a horse... :lol:

imscott72
10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Favre done for good?

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Favre done for good?

He's definitely not coming back this week, and he will probably miss starts if it's as bad as it looked initially. Forever? Never say "forever" with Lorenzo.

steve823
10-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Favre done for good?

Doubt it, just a lacerated chin - he'll probably be back next week. He'll be done for good in a few weeks when they play the Packers :lol:

MadScientist
10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Favre done for good?

He's definitely not coming back this week, and he will probably miss starts if it's as bad as it looked initially. Forever? Never say "forever" with Lorenzo.
With the season sinking and the streak over, he will lose any motivation for continuing.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Favre done for good?

Doubt it, just a lacerated chin - he'll probably be back next week. He'll be done for good in a few weeks when they play the Packers :lol:

I think it's worse than that. His jaw looked displaced.

Fritz
10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Anybody feeling sorry for the Vikes? Anybody?

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Another subject: I think Bills will beat Bears next week at Buffalo. STAMPEDE!

Cardiac Cards will tease Vikes too next week.

Packers will pound Cowboys come sunday.

YEAH !!!

:pack:

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Favre done for good?

He might have lost some teeth as well.

He might be back next week but there's no doubt that he is totally getting his ass kicked this year. He's at the point where the punishment is catching up with him, rapidamente.

It's almost like A Portrait of Dorian Gray. His years of excess are exacting their revenge all at once.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Favre done for good?

He might have lost some teeth as well.

He might be back next week but there's no doubt that he is totally getting his ass kicked this year. He's at the point where the punishment is catching up with him, rapidamente.

It's almost like A Portrait of Dorian Gray. His years of excess are exacting their revenge all at once.

New Orleans Saints showed the path to Favre pulp.

imscott72
10-31-2010, 06:12 PM

Fuck no. I'm happy as hell they're 2-5. They're going backwards and we're going forwards..Doesn't get much better than that..

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 06:13 PM

Fuck no. I'm happy as hell they're 2-5. They're going backwards and we're going forwards..Doesn't get much better than that..

I'm sad they're not 1-6... the Cowboys really could have used that win... hell, the Lions could have used another win too.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Cardiac Cards were down by 17 to Bucs; now up by 4. WOW!

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:17 PM

Favre actually broke something today; he recorded his 10.000th text today. Naughty Brent! :lol:

MadScientist
10-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Chilly saying Bert is woozy. How can that not be listed as a concussion? He'll need to be independent clearance before he can play next week.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Cardiac Cards were down by 17 to Bucs; now up by 4. WOW!

Derek A. just blew it for Cards - the Favre way.

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Looked like a hornets nest broke loose on Big Ben there.

ThunderDan
10-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow stopped the Steelers from 1st and Goal at the 3 inch line.

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
One thing to bring up about the Vikes DL. I think they were all using PEDs and since the StarCaps situation they stopped thinking the NFL was going to test them more often. Across the board all them have taken a major nosedive in how they have played this season. I mean a major nosedive. Allen isn't even a factor this season and can simply be blocked one on one by an even avg T. The Williams wall doesn't exist any longer and Edwards can't do squat. If I'm wrong then tell me how what was one of the premier defensive lines in football from a year ago goes to where they are today. Wasn't age, 3 of these guys are in their prime.

denverYooper
10-31-2010, 10:02 PM
There's Bretsky's favorite Meachem!

Bossman641
10-31-2010, 10:06 PM
One thing to bring up about the Vikes DL. I think they were all using PEDs and since the StarCaps situation they stopped thinking the NFL was going to test them more often. Across the board all them have taken a major nosedive in how they have played this season. I mean a major nosedive. Allen isn't even a factor this season and can simply be blocked one on one by an even avg T. The Williams wall doesn't exist any longer and Edwards can't do squat. If I'm wrong then tell me how what was one of the premier defensive lines in football from a year ago goes to where they are today. Wasn't age, 3 of these guys are in their prime.

Allen's decline has been stunning.

I'd like to hear more from a Viking fan. Are there whispers of injuries with him or anything?

Guiness
10-31-2010, 10:06 PM

The William's are not in their prime, but I have no idea what happened to Allen. Edwards was never great, rode on the coat tails, and benefited from the lack of attention.

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM

I'd like to hear more from a Viking fan. Are there whispers of injuries with him or anything?

I've heard from some Vikings fans that he dropped 15 lbs in the offseason. It might have led to him being less effective. Clay Matthews is effective at 250, because his game is about athleticism, balance, and tenacity. Jared Allen may just not be able to be effective at 255.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
7 of Allen's sacks last year came against the Packers when the Packers OL was in disarray. There were stretches last year where he wasn't all that effective. Actually, the Vikings defense has been fairly good this year, and has kept them in games despite an anemic offense.

One difference might be that the Vikings aren't ahead in games as much in the 2nd half. As a result, opposing teams aren't being forced into a must-pass situation as much.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Two big AFC fish were hooked this sunday; Packers hands Jets a 9-0 shutout and Saints beats Steelers 20-10. NFC gaining steam.

Packgator
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM

I've heard from some Vikings fans that he dropped 15 lbs in the offseason. It might have led to him being less effective. Clay Matthews is effective at 250, because his game is about athleticism, balance, and tenacity. Jared Allen may just not be able to be effective at 255.

He got married during the off season.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 11:12 PM
And so he could get married, he got rid of the mullet.

mraynrand
10-31-2010, 11:15 PM
And so he could get married, he got rid of the mullet.

http://www.bookpalace.com/acatalog/HowatSam.jpg

mraynrand
10-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Will Allen do better in the Metrodome Coliseum?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/lizlockwood3/WordPress%20Pics/samson-cd2.gif

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Kapinos with the KO for Colts on MNF :shock: :?:

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm so impressed with the tempo of the Colts offense; Packers had some of that late in last season - could it return?