PDA

View Full Version : CHARLIE PEPRAH - STARTER - REST OF SEASON

gbpackfan
10-31-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't care if Bigby comes back this week, Peprah played really, really well today. Wow - two plays stand out. The big hit and the pass break up towards the end of the game. Good Lord those were great plays. I have been really impressed with his play. So, what do you guys think. Bigby or Peprah?

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Peprah. He really surprised me this year. Next year the Packers will have as good a trio of safeties (Collins, Burnett, Peprah) as you'll find in the league.

mission
10-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Peprah, no doubt. Bigby hasn't earned anything.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Well, I see Atari Bigby has voted.

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 07:38 PM
If Bigby has any of that "flying around like a crazy man, putting the fear of god into people" that he did against the Seahawks in the playoffs, we can certainly use some of that down the stretch (in some situations, Dom likes to play 3 safeties in the nickel).

But I think that Peprah hasn't given anybody any reason to bench him.

packerbacker1234
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Peprah, no doubt. Bigby hasn't earned anything.

Nor has Peprah. Bigby has done everything Peprah did in this game and then some throughout his career. He has also caused the most turnovers per play in packers history. I'm not saying you simply hand the job back to Bigby, but you have to give him a shot to earn it back as well.

I really never understood all the Bigby hate in the past. Guy has been one of the most underrated safties in my opinion throughout hte league. He seems to always be causing havoc. He doesn't have the speed at times that you like, but he is sound and usually always in the right position. He makes occasional big hits and forces turnovers at a rate higher than any packer on the roster.

Peprah played well in one game. Bigby has played well for most of his career. Remember the staunch turn arounds our defenses made int he past when he stepped on the field? He never was given credit for that.

I say you let bigby earn it back. IF he can't perform to the level we saw out of him in the past, then you just have him be the backup.

The Leaper
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Stay with Peprah...Bigby won't be in midseason form right away anyway.

mission
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Peprah has played well in more than one game this season. Not sure which Packers you're watching 1234.

Zool
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Peprah has played well in more than one game this season. Not sure which Packers you're watching 1234.

Debating with 1234 is akin to clapping with 1 hand.

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM

Debating with 1234 is akin to clapping with 1 hand.

The sound of it is of dubious philosophical status?

Bossman641
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Gotta stick with Peprah. He appears to be getting better every game.

I don't think this poll becomes official until Skinbasket weighs in on it though.

Brandon494
10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Peprah without question.

mmmdk
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Pep, Pep, hurrah - Peprah :P

bobblehead
11-01-2010, 05:24 AM
If Bigby has any of that "flying around like a crazy man, putting the fear of god into people" that he did against the Seahawks in the playoffs, we can certainly use some of that down the stretch (in some situations, Dom likes to play 3 safeties in the nickel).

But I think that Peprah hasn't given anybody any reason to bench him.

+1 for the voice of reason.

SkinBasket
11-01-2010, 08:25 AM

LOL. How many years ago was that?

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 08:56 AM

LOL. How many years ago was that?

Why need we Bigby, when Peprah can deliver the BIG HITS!!!??

Cheesehead Craig
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Peprah stays starting, he's getting better and Bigby's not ready to play part of a game yet, let alone be named a starter.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
http://media.jsonline.com/images/pass103110.jpg

Does Jerricho still have both eyeballs? :lol:

Excellent game Charlie.

Deputy Nutz
11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I think you simply don't fix something when nothing is broken, Bigby coming back adds some much needed depth at the position, but to start? Nonsense, he wasn't even the starter going into training camp, the Packers pretty much handed Burnett the job. Peprah has finally developed into a average starter in this league.

This defense is playing with a ton of chemistry, I don't know why you would fuck it up for a guy like Bigby.

Harris is a talent player, and he will add to the nickel package, although I am very complementary of how well Sam Shields has played, especially versus the Jets. You can't teach speed, and his instincts are slowly coming around.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I think you simply don't fix something when nothing is broken, Bigby coming back adds some much needed depth at the position, but to start? Nonsense, he wasn't even the starter going into training camp, the Packers pretty much handed Burnett the job. Peprah has finally developed into a average starter in this league.

This defense is playing with a ton of chemistry, I don't know why you would fuck it up for a guy like Bigby.

Harris is a talent player, and he will add to the nickel package, although I am very complementary of how well Sam Shields has played, especially versus the Jets. You can't teach speed, and his instincts are slowly coming around.

I agree. The one major 'mistake' Shields made was on a rub, a pick across the middle. I don't know who was responsible behind him, but there was a big gap, had Holmes caught that pass. Was It Peprah - don't know, but Peprah is doing enough to stay on the field.

Harris? Unknown - the coaches know what he can do. Assuming he's 80+%, you have to like him coming in nickle and dime situations. Gives you more options in coverages - you have to believe he's a better option than Lee. Underwood was inactive so you have to believe that Packers were gearing to stop the run against the JETs, even though they are a team with multiple receiving weapons, a good O-line for protection, but with a marginal QB. Packers still face several stiff challenges in the passing game, including at MN, at ATL, at NE, NYG, and maybe even at DET. These teams have very talented QBs. Harris would be a great addition to defending those attacks, but maybe not in the starting role....

vince
11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm wondering what the odds of Harris and/or Bigby getting cut might be. I'm not saying it happens, but I bet it's higher than most assume. Special teams come into play too, and I have a hard time seeing Harris gunning on punts or headhunting on kickoff coverage.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I think there's a good chance that Underwood gets cut

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Silverstein said new comer Green might not be safe. I don't get that :?

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM

I think Green should be OK. I mean who do we have at DT or NG anyway?

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM

I think Green should be OK. I mean who do we have at DT or NG anyway?

That's what I thought too.

mission
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Silverstein has no idea what he's talking about football wise. Said the Packers might consider looking at Merriman if Jenkins couldn't stay healthy last week. Come on,
Tom.

Joemailman
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm wondering what the odds of Harris and/or Bigby getting cut might be. I'm not saying it happens, but I bet it's higher than most assume. Special teams come into play too, and I have a hard time seeing Harris gunning on punts or headhunting on kickoff coverage.

Bigby wouldn't shock me. I suspect they're pretty ticked at the way Bigby handled the whole offseason. I don't see any way they would cut Al Harris. Once Harris is ready to assume nickel duties, Sam Shields will be one of the key ST guys.