PDA

View Full Version : Vonta Leach?

Guiness
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Watching the Monday Night game, and just hear that Vonta Leach is still playing for Houston...and they're mentioning him as being possibly pro-bowl bound!

He was a decent player here, I was never sure why he was let go.

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Watching the Monday Night game, and just hear that Vonta Leach is still playing for Houston...and they're mentioning him as being possibly pro-bowl bound!

He was a decent player here, I was never sure why he was let go.

Leach to the beach :lol:

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Former Packer DL guy, Daniel Muir, is pretty good too. Bad call, I guess, was it 'cos of JH?

get louder at lambeau
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Where's Nick Luchey these days?

pbmax
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Wasn't he a victim of the ZBS?

Muir did not dedicate himself to improvement until after leaving Green Bay. He has said so himself.

mmmdk
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Wasn't he a victim of the ZBS?

Muir did not dedicate himself to improvement until after leaving Green Bay. He has said so himself.

Ah, I remember reading that about Muir too.

Leach had bricks for hands but just made catch with nice touch.

Guiness
11-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Leach was around when Hendo was still here, supposed to be the heir apparent. Part of the problem was, Hendo didn't fall off as expected, and stayed better than Leach. Teams just didn't carry 2 FB's back then, so after a couple years of waiting for Leach to unseat Henderson, he was sent packing when he failed.

He did have some memorable plays though. The guy could absolutely blow a hole through a DLine as a lead block.

mmmdk
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Leach was around when Hendo was still here, supposed to be the heir apparent. Part of the problem was, Hendo didn't fall off as expected, and stayed better than Leach. Teams just didn't carry 2 FB's back then, so after a couple years of waiting for Leach to unseat Henderson, he was sent packing when he failed.

He did have some memorable plays though. The guy could absolutely blow a hole through a DLine as a lead block.

Leach is a beast but Hendo is my Packer hero (I met him in 2006) - what a classy guy.

I'm happy for Leach though but Houston just has the worst, the worst name in all of sports EVER. Texans! :lol: Makes me laugh every time 'cos it's so ridiculous.