PDA

View Full Version : Short Yardage Situations ...

steve823
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Short yardage situations have been a problem this year for Green Bay. We left a lot of points on the board because we couldn't "pound" it in. I honestly think if we fix this problem it'll help our offense out a LOT because it seems like it's easier for us to convert a 3rd and 6 then it is a 3rd and 1.

Will MM will start doing more play-actions and different play calls or will he insist on doing the fb dive with kuhn or a run with Jackson that gets stuffed? If he can fix this problem we'll be in great shape.

I would get Howard Green and line him up as RB up the middle :lol: (joking of course, but how funny would that be)

Anyone have stats to back me up on how bad we've been in these situations ?

Bossman641
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Short yardage situations have been a problem this year for Green Bay. We left a lot of points on the board because we couldn't "pound" it in. I honestly think if we fix this problem it'll help our offense out a LOT because it seems like it's easier for us to convert a 3rd and 6 then it is a 3rd and 1.

Will MM will start doing more play-actions and different play calls or will he insist on doing the fb dive with kuhn or a run with Jackson that gets stuffed? If he can fix this problem we'll be in great shape.

I would get Howard Green and line him up as RB up the middle :lol: (joking of course, but how funny would that be)

Anyone have stats to back me up on how bad we've been in these situations ?

I'd like to see them fake the FB dive and pitch it to Jackson going wide. Time to build some additional plays off that dive.

CaptainKickass
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
You'd risk a ton, but in my imagination - I'd call a "Giant I" formation.

Regular starting O line. Two TE's checked in as "eligible" ala the old school U71. Howard Green and BJ Raji run out and line up on offense as the 2 TE's. Quinn Johnson at FB. Kuhn as RB. Give the rock to Kuhn. Run whichever direction is weakest.

Ahhh - whatever, probably too much Madden on the PS3.

VegasPackFan
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
The FB dive has been my most hated play for 3 years now. even I can see it coming, so I'm sure the people that actually scout this stuff for a living probably have figured it out too.

FB dive = Packer pillow thrown at TV. 50% of time before the play is run cuz I already knew it was coming.

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 01:54 AM
The FB dive has been my most hated play for 3 years now. even I can see it coming, so I'm sure the people that actually scout this stuff for a living probably have figured it out too.

FB dive = Packer pillow thrown at TV. 50% of time before the play is run cuz I already knew it was coming.

I HATE THE FULLBACK DIVE!!!!

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=fullbackDIVE.flv

channtheman
11-02-2010, 03:22 AM
I liked the fullback dive.... the first 2 times I saw it. It only worked by catching the defense off guard though and now that it catches nobody off guard MM really needs to add some little twists to the play. Whoever just said he should fake the dive and pitch it to Jackson is exactly right. Little things like that need to be implemented from the FB dive.

Oh and we are last in the league in 3rd and short situations.

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM
I liked the fullback dive.... the first 2 times I saw it. It only worked by catching the defense off guard though and now that it catches nobody off guard MM really needs to add some little twists to the play. Whoever just said he should fake the dive and pitch it to Jackson is exactly right. Little things like that need to be implemented from the FB dive.

Oh and we are last in the league in 3rd and short situations.

I can just see Stubby pacing the sidelines. shaking his head, throwing his hands up, with that rolling-eyes, sighing, angry frustration of his, thinking: "The fullback dive is a well-designed play, It should work!!!!!"
FLAILURE!

pbmax
11-02-2010, 07:39 AM
The fullback dive worked for 2 years. Stop yer complainin'.

But it is time for something new.

BlueBrewer
11-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Solution: Put the fastest guy on the team that any hands (shields) in the backfield and pitch it to him and he sprints to the corner. Problem solved.

Brandon494
11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Just give the rock to Kuhn, he can do it! Hes averaging like 1.5 yards a carry the past 3 games so that should be more than enough on 3 and 1. KUHNNNNN!!!!!

mmmdk
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I say: Just Nance !