RashanGary
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Brandon Underwood
Brad Jones
Brandon Chillar
Mark Tauscher
Mike Neal
Andrew Quarless

Is this an unusually high number of shoulder injuries? Brad Jones and Mike Neal are lost for the year. All of these guys have had shoulder issues listed on the injury reports this year.

Training issue?

Joemailman
11-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm sure it's something they'll be looking at. Mm was asked about it last week.

(With Brad Jones, that’s four shoulder injuries. Is that something you look at now or at the end of the season?)
That’s something you’re always looking at. You’re looking at how the injury occurred. Every player has a strength and conditioning program, they have auxiliary workouts for their specific needs, so that’s always an ongoing process, yes.

(Have you found some connection yet?)
No.

gbgary
11-04-2010, 08:13 PM
equipment maybe. stuff is a lot lighter and allows more movement than it used to. remember the massive shoulder pads they wore back 20-30 years ago. technique maybe. being coached to hit with shoulders instead of helmet (in the news lately). maybe just bad luck.

RashanGary
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
This just seems fishy. That's too many shoulder injuries.

steve823
11-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Shoulders are delicate and can be injured easy. I injured my shoulder working out last year and it's never been the same. I just think that we got hit by injuries hard and coincidentally a lot are shoulder injuries.

ThunderDan
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
This just seems fishy. That's too many shoulder injuries.

My mother fell cross-country skiing going about 3 mph and torn her rotator cuff. All you have to do is hit your shoulder at an awkward angle and its damaged.

Guiness
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

My mechanic has a great line for this - people are always confused about why their car broke down in a certain way, and ask 'why did that happen'. His answer is priceless

"I had a cat. It died once. Never did that before"