PDA

View Full Version : How big is the rug.....?

Patler
11-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Just how big is the rug that the NFL is sweeping the Brett Favre investigation under?

I suspect it is 8-9 weeks big! :lol:

The Collins "investigation" took over a month, so Favre's can easily go twice as long.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 09:12 AM
There was an interesting article written yesterday that actually called into question the integrity of Sterger and her motivations. I didn't dare post it in here since the content might rile the masses, but it was a good read.

She's not talking; despite her lawayer playing the card that she'll be interviewed last week she apparently was no where to be found. Perhaps she's looking for a payday and is playing poker with Favre about the interview. Perhaps I'm wrong. It was noted she text'd back and forth with Favre. It was by no means condemning.......but motive questioning.....certainly.

red
11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
to me it 's pretty clear sterger is looking for a big payday. she says she's going to talk to the nfl, then she kind of looks at the favre camp for an answer and when nothing happens she decides not to talk.

the one thing we don't know is if she was texting or calling him back at all. if she was then game over. it would prove she wasn't being harassed and was actually enjoying it.

i think ultimately the only thing favre is guilty of is being a douchebag and trying to cheat on his wife

pbmax
11-06-2010, 09:33 AM
There was an interesting article written yesterday that actually called into question the integrity of Sterger and her motivations. I didn't dare post it in here since the content might rile the masses, but it was a good read.

She's not talking; despite her lawayer playing the card that she'll be interviewed last week she apparently was no where to be found. Perhaps she's looking for a payday and is playing poker with Favre about the interview. Perhaps I'm wrong. It was noted she text'd back and forth with Favre. It was by no means condemning.......but motive questioning.....certainly.
Post the link for Pete's sake.

packerbacker1234
11-06-2010, 09:46 AM
to me it 's pretty clear sterger is looking for a big payday. she says she's going to talk to the nfl, then she kind of looks at the favre camp for an answer and when nothing happens she decides not to talk.

the one thing we don't know is if she was texting or calling him back at all. if she was then game over. it would prove she wasn't being harassed and was actually enjoying it.

i think ultimately the only thing favre is guilty of is being a douchebag and trying to cheat on his wife

The longer this thing plays out, the more and more it appears to be a mutal conversation between her and favre, where she texted back and it was an ongoing engagment. At first I thought favre sending cock pictures was the worst pickup move in history, but as this plays out they may have been requested by sterger herself. Per usual, we haven't heard the otherside of the coin and I think everyone is keeping it under wraps to protect themselves.

Clearly I don't think sterger has a real case.

Favre is guilty of attempting to cheat on his wife. I wont call him a douche for it, because it was documented in Dianna's biography she wrote that Favre has done this multiple times before. I don't think he's a douche for doing it, I just think he likes sex and likes to party, and due to the NFL, he never really grew out of that stage of his life, even if he got the drinking under control back im the 90's. IT's also why I DON'T feel bad for Dianna right now, because he's done this before multiple times, by her own admission, and she hasn't left.

So... overall he's just a party boy that got old, and now someone finally is going for a cash grab over it and isn't getting anywhere.

Little Whiskey
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
[quote=red]Favre is guilty of attempting to cheat on his wife. I wont call him a douche for it

WOW!!, so what do you have to do to be a douche? :shock:

packerbacker1234
11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
[quote=red]Favre is guilty of attempting to cheat on his wife. I wont call him a douche for it

you sort of skip over the douche stuff when it's "always been this way". Favre has been this way his entire life, so why now is he suddenly a douche for doing the same thing he has always done? Deanna should of never married him, or stayed with him. Favre may care deeply for her, but he's a party guy. Always has been, Not such a douche move when this is prolly the 200th time he cheated or tried to cheat. This is why I stay single. Too much pressure.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 11:58 AM

COME ONE

Are the shades really that dark where anybody in here does not belive they were texting each other ? For those who believe this I'd like to sell them a bridge.

No doubt Favre is a douchbag not worthy of being a husband to his lovely wife.

denverYooper
11-06-2010, 12:08 PM

you sort of skip over the douche stuff when it's "always been this way". Favre has been this way his entire life, so why now is he suddenly a douche for doing the same thing he has always done? Deanna should of never married him, or stayed with him. Favre may care deeply for her, but he's a party guy. Always has been, Not such a douche move when this is prolly the 200th time he cheated or tried to cheat. This is why I stay single. Too much pressure.

So you're saying he's always been a douche?

MJZiggy
11-06-2010, 12:15 PM

COME ONE

Are the shades really that dark where anybody in here does not belive they were texting each other ? For those who believe this I'd like to sell them a bridge.

Have you watched/listened to the video?

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 12:31 PM

COME ONE

I've watched and seen everything out there

pbmax
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM

COME ONE

Texting each other what? Content matters here.

And no one has an answer for the massage therapists yet.

And post the link to the article you read.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 12:53 PM

COME ONE

Texting each other what? Content matters here.

And no one has an answer for the massage therapists yet.

And post the link to the article you read.

Gotta go find it; I was reading it at work yesterday after somebody forwarded it to me

Not denying for one minute BF didn't try to bang any of these gals; he lacks morals

HarveyWallbangers
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't buy all the shit you folks are posting about Sterger. Deadspin came out with a blurb about this story a long time ago. The guy that runs the site made it clear at the time that Sterger wasn't interested in making this a big story. It was kind of, ha, look at what a douche Brett is. The Deadspin guy is the one who went ahead with the story anyways (he's the one that was looking for money and fame). If she was looking for a pay day, she would have busted Brett's old ass as soon as he was dumb enough to send those texts. Bottom line: if Brett wasn't a douche, this wouldn't be a story.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Brett's a dousche; but IMO she's looking for the ching

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 02:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Brett-Favre-Jenn-Sterger-text-phone-pictures-110410

On Oct. 8, the NFL announced it would investigate the curiously lewd communiques Brett Favre apparently sent Jenn Sterger, a former Jets “hostess.”

On Oct. 10, ESPN reported the probe was on a “fast track.”

Last Saturday, Sterger’s lawyer, Joe Conway — who didn’t return my call Thursday — was quoted on the “very strong likelihood” that his client would agree to be interviewed by NFL security. “I expect that such a meeting will take place late next week at an undisclosed location,” he said.

But here it is, Nov. 5, that week now gone, and the NFL is still waiting on Jenn Sterger. Though her feelings toward Favre seem unambiguous — she did, after all, coin the phrase “creepy douche” in talking about football’s most famous grandfather — she still hasn’t made a decision. In other words, Jenn Sterger is taking longer to make up her mind than Brett Favre.

People have long accused Favre of exploiting the media (almost three weeks into training camp, reports that he was “done” miraculously earned him an extra $3 million, guaranteed). But now I can’t help but wonder if Sterger is an even better manipulator than Favre.

What’s more, her sudden caginess has done something even the Patriots’ Myron Pryor could not. She has made it possible to feel some empathy, if only a little, for Favre.

Look, if Deanna Favre wants to kick his ass for being a faithless husband, fine. And if the folksy folks at Wrangler don't want to keep paying a guy who no longer qualifies as a role model, that’s their business. But Favre stands accused of workplace harassment. The allegation needs to be addressed. And Jenn Sterger is the only one who can.

There are three possibilities:

a) She’s got the goods.

b) She doesn’t have the goods.

c) She has an agenda.

And based on what’s been coming out, I’m going with c) for now.

I’ve always covered these cases with a prosecutorial inclination, figuring guys are almost always guilty of something. So the obligatory disclaimers are in order. I’m not saying that Jenn Sterger wasn’t a victim of workplace harassment. I’m not saying women with sexualized personas can’t be harassed; perhaps they’re more likely to be harassed.

Just the same, what to make of somebody like Sterger, who went on-air for the Jets with T-shirts vandalized to accentuate her then-ample cleavage? Going back to her days as a Florida State Cowgirl, Sterger demanded notice as a kind of carnal hood ornament. I don’t know if her motives were mercantile or merely narcissistic. But they came together as a kind of career choice. Hence the boob job, and the photo spreads in Maxim and Playboy. For Jenn Sterger, the attention was, quite literally, money.

She wanted to be recognized in an erotic way. And, obviously, Favre did. But again, was it harassment?

According to Deadspin, Sterger kept the texted photographs of his nether regions and his voicemails “on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends.”

A former fellow Cowgirl told Steppin’ Out magazine that she was with Sterger when the photographic transmissions arrived.

“We just laughed when he did it,” said Allison Torres. “We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn’t the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her.”

Nor, apparently, was Favre the first ballplayer who sent her shots that left little to the imagination.

“I just know they kept texting each other back and forth and that he wanted to hook up,” said Torres. “I wouldn’t doubt she was enjoying the attention from him.”

Really, does this sound like a woman who’s been traumatized in the workplace?

About a year ago, Sterger decided she wanted to be taken more seriously and have a breast reduction. From her Nov. 9, 2009, blog entry: “In an effort to reinvent myself, in a cut throat industry that was becoming more and more competitive the deeper I swam, I made the decision to go against the grain and remove my implants.”

“My implants got my foot in the door,” she said later, “but I truly don’t believe that they are the reason I am still around.”

She was 25. Perhaps she thought a breast reduction would turn her into Christiane Amanpour. But now, as a grand dame just weeks from her 27th birthday, she might feel different. Today marks the final broadcast of her show, “The Daily Line,” which Versus canceled because of abysmal ratings.

That’s a tough break for Sterger. But for Favre, it comes as worse news than his twice broken ankle or the 10 stitches he took from Pryor.

Sterger’s manager has said her cooperation could not be bought by Favre. “Her willingness to cooperate with the NFL’s investigation is not for sale,” he told the New York Post.

Sure. But that was before she lost her day job.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/friend-says-jenn-sterger-texted-with-brett-favre-frequently-102710

Jenn Sterger's friend — and fellow former Florida State Cowgirl — says she was with her the day Brett Favre texted pictures of his privates, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"I actually saw it when he sent it. We just laughed when he did it," Allison Torres, 24, told Steppin' Out magazine.

"We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn't the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her."

Sterger, who so far has refused to cooperate with the NFL's investigation of Favre's communications with her while she worked for the Jets, regularly texted with the quarterback for some time, Torres said.

Favre — now a member of the Minnesota Vikings — has admitted to leaving voicemail messages for Sterger, but denies ever sending the explicit texts and photos, according to reports.

But Torres says there is no doubt.

Through a combination of voicemails and texts, Favre tried to lure Sterger to his hotel room, she said.

"At the time, his family was living somewhere in Morristown, N.J., but he would stay at a hotel near Giants Stadium," Torres said.

"I did think that was kind of weird. He would say to her, 'Come over.' She would keep saying to me, 'I don't know what to do.'"

But Torres said Sterger would not tell her whether or not the two actually met for a tryst.

"I just know they kept texting each other back and forth and that he wanted to hook up," Torres said. "I wouldn't doubt she was enjoying the attention from him."

Sterger's manager, Phil Reese, would not comment on claims she replied to the text messages.

He said Sterger and Torres are "not exactly close friends and haven't spoken in quite some time."

"This is someone who is clearly trying to exploit an unfortunate situation and capitalize on the opportunity to see her name in print," Reese said.

Favre was not the first star athlete to allegedly send naked pictures to Sterger, Torres said.

"She could make millions if she ever cashed in on all the naked photos she gets from friends," Torres said.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
.....per request of pbmax and not means to defense those wearing the dark shades.....

Fritz
11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
“My implants got my foot in the door,” she said later...
-Jenn Sterger

Doncha think, given their size, those implants got her boobs in the door first???
:shock:

gbgary
11-06-2010, 04:12 PM

COME ONE

I've watched and seen everything out there

sorry to hear that.

retailguy
11-06-2010, 04:50 PM

The repetitive actions over a 20 year period cement the "douche" definition for me. And if they don't for you, then perhaps you made the right decision by staying single.

CaptainKickass
11-06-2010, 06:20 PM
But again, was it harassment?

Much like a "shart" is only a shart when you are fully expecting a regular ass fart, the truth as I see it - is that sexual harassment occurs only when the receiving party does not enjoy it, or a witness to it takes offense.

pbmax
11-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the link Bretsky.

Kriegel is usually a good read (the Maravich book is good), but this article just throws stuff up on the wall to see if it sticks.

1. She's A Ho - In one paragragh he agrees that women with sexualized personae can indeed be harassed. But then spends the next paragraph detailing her persona and equating being attractive enough to hire and photograph with seeking money through harassment lawsuits.

Can't have it both ways Mark, either someone is entitled to the benefit of the doubt or they are not. And Sterger seems to qualify for this since she has filed zero lawsuits and there are no reported settlements over the other overtures she received. TV Newscasters are hired for the way they look and I am unaware that they are more likely to file frivolous lawsuits for harassment.

2. Agenda - Of course she would prefer a payday to a lawsuit or just testifying before the NFL. Its the only option that benefits her directly. A lawsuit would make it harder to work in that industry. Not wishing to be a martyr is not the same as being a gold digger.

3. Unfair Accusation - Favre stands accused of being an idiot, not workplace harassment. The investigation seeks to determine whether harassment took place.

But if I were Favre, I would be less concerned with Sterger and more concerned with the physical therapists and the Jets PR person he used as a go between.

4. She Was Asking For It - Sterger texting Favre in response is not the same as an invitation to send a picture of Lil' Lorenzo. It could have been more than that, but there is no evidence of it, unlike the evidence of Brett's physical condition.

MJZiggy
11-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Actually, the detail in here that screams to me the advances weren't wanted (even if she might have thought she could text as friends) is the mention in one of his voicemails about a garbage can--as in she had the impression that if she didn't go along with him, she'd wind up in one. Now you can talk about her career and her looks all you want, but if she wasn't being harassed, what did a garbage can have anything to do with anything?

Sir Max is right. Sterger's not the only one involved here. And there are other factors to consider.

Oh. And then there's that tiny detail of him admitting it...he'll admit to the rest eventually.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Did anybody say his advances were warranted ? Even if she leads him on, he still can't send her pix of his package.

OK, he's all at fault and she is an angel. He's the guy

Scott Campbell
11-06-2010, 11:08 PM
If the endgame for team Sterger is a lawsuit, then there isn't much point to them cooperating with the NFL investigation. The threat of cooperation might encourage settlement offers. But otherwise it's a no brainer for her to skip actually talking with Roger's goon. But that avoidance doesn't reveal anything about what really happened. It's just a sound legal strategy.

Favre apologists are desperate to make this all about evil Jenn Sterger. But it's not about her. It's about Bert. He's a filthy scumbag. Just like we said he was.

Bretsky
11-06-2010, 11:50 PM
If the endgame for team Sterger is a lawsuit, then there isn't much point to them cooperating with the NFL investigation. The threat of cooperation might encourage settlement offers. But otherwise it's a no brainer for her to skip actually talking with Roger's goon. But that avoidance doesn't reveal anything about what really happened. It's just a sound legal strategy.

Favre apologists are desperate to make this all about evil Jenn Sterger. But it's not about her. It's about Bert. He's a filthy scumbag. Just like we said he was.

She' not evil; she's hot and it's cool finding pix of her over the net and in the GC :!:

vince
11-07-2010, 12:48 AM

Efficient summation. 100% accurate.

Zool
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Brett's a dousche; but IMO she's looking for the ching

Really who gives 2 shits why she did it? He's admitted to it. Deflecting some blame in the situation completely ignores the fact that he did it to his family. How'd you like to be his kids right now? How about his wife? Think his mother has gotten a phone call or 2 from the press about it yet?

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Favre is guilty of attempting to cheat on his wife. I wont call him a douche for it, because it was documented in Dianna's biography she wrote that Favre has done this multiple times before. I don't think he's a douche for doing it, I just think he likes sex and likes to party, and due to the NFL, he never really grew out of that stage of his life, even if he got the drinking under control back im the 90's. IT's also why I DON'T feel bad for Dianna right now, because he's done this before multiple times, by her own admission, and she hasn't left.

So... overall he's just a party boy that got old, and now someone finally is going for a cash grab over it and isn't getting anywhere.

uuhggg. To what depths can you sink in defending Favre?

pbmax
11-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Did anybody say his advances were warranted ? Even if she leads him on, he still can't send her pix of his package.

OK, he's all at fault and she is an angel. He's the guy
Actually, that is the one odd thing. Most of the Brett stories I have heard involved women found out at bars, clubs, deer stands, etc.

I have never heard a story about him chasing a quasi-celebrity of any caliber. Rodgers is the one who has been linked to women who get their photographs taken on a red carpet.

3irty1
11-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I doubt this was ever about sexual harassment and more about blackmail. She has nude photos of someone rich and famous. It would appear that she's trying to parlay her photos into a payday and in the process further her hot-chick-who-hangs-around-football-stadiums career. Doesn't make her a bad person or anything, I might do the same thing. Taking his money is better revenge than having him get punished by the league even if she feels she really was harassed.

As for Favre, he is just really really really dumb. How do you send those photos? HOW? You stand to lose millions, what's left of your reputation, your family, and stand to gain some action. He obviously doesn't take his marriage very seriously but that might not mean that he's a bad person either. Wouldn't surprise me if she ended up sending him to Tiger Woods rehab after the season. She's already sent him twice for two other vices.

bobblehead
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I doubt this was ever about sexual harassment and more about blackmail. She has nude photos of someone rich and famous. It would appear that she's trying to parlay her photos into a payday and in the process further her hot-chick-who-hangs-around-football-stadiums career. Doesn't make her a bad person or anything, I might do the same thing. Taking his money is better revenge than having him get punished by the league even if she feels she really was harassed.

As for Favre, he is just really really really dumb. How do you send those photos? HOW? You stand to lose millions, what's left of your reputation, your family, and stand to gain some action. He obviously doesn't take his marriage very seriously but that might not mean that he's a bad person either. Wouldn't surprise me if she ended up sending him to Tiger Woods rehab after the season. She's already sent him twice for two other vices.

how does a 50 year old president leave dna on a 23 year old interns dress....we are men, and we rarely think first

hoosier
11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

how does a 50 year old president leave dna on a 23 year old interns dress....we are men, and we rarely think first

Nice analogy, Bobblehead, but sorry--sending croc shots is not usually something that happens in the heat of the moment.

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Nice analogy, Bobblehead, but sorry--sending croc shots is not usually something that happens in the heat of the moment.

Source?

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Yeah, it sorta does. Hope you wouldn't do the same. It's called extortion.

3irty1
11-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Yeah, it sorta does. Hope you wouldn't do the same. It's called extortion.

What's a little extortion on top of some blackmail?