PDA

View Full Version : Atari Bigby activated

packers11
11-06-2010, 03:39 PM
The Green Bay Packers have activated S Atari Bigby from the physically unable to perform list: http://www.packers.com/

Fritz
11-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Just him, though? They must be a little worried about Al's knee, cuz I read that Lee may go on injured reserve - so there'd be a spot of Al if they wanted him out there Sunday.

CaptainKickass
11-06-2010, 05:46 PM
"And everything old becomes new again"

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/games/wallpapers/atari-2600.jpg

http://www.longwood.edu/career/majors_careers/Accounting%20-%20atari.jpg

steve823
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
If they don't activate Al soon I'm going to hunt them down.

pbmax
11-06-2010, 07:17 PM
It may also be the 53 and 45 man roster. They need the next player to play Special Teams and that means Atari rather than Al.

steve823
11-06-2010, 07:21 PM
It may also be the 53 and 45 man roster. They need the next player to play Special Teams and that means Atari rather than Al.

Ya, hopefully Bigby can take Collins' place on special teams. I don't like seeing Collins out there.

3irty1
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM

For this reason I thought they might pick Starks. We need a returner this week.

steve823
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM

For this reason I thought they might pick Starks. We need a returner this week.

Unfortunately, Nelson is doing that again :cry:

esoxx
11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Just him, though? They must be a little worried about Al's knee, cuz I read that Lee may go on injured reserve - so there'd be a spot of Al if they wanted him out there Sunday.

I just don't see Al coming back this year with the type of catastrophic knee injury he suffered. I think out of respect for the man and what he's meant to the organization, they put him on PUP to give him a chance, but would be surprised if they would actually activate him.
Two things conspire against him in all of this: age and his position on the field. CB reads, reacts, cuts based on the route. Sticking your foot in the ground to cut based on route movement is going to be extremely challenging.
I'm not sure we'll see Al on the field again. He turns 36 Dec 7th.
36 year old's with catastrophic knee injuries at CB. Has it ever been done before?
Al's a unique person and work out freak, so obviously hope I'm wrong in him making it back.

SkinBasket
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Thank god Bigby came back last week to solidify this defense like he did last year.

RashanGary
11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Thank god Bigby came back last week to solidify this defense like he did last year.

:beat:

SkinBasket
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
:beat:

Did you rape that horse before you killed it?

SkinBasket
11-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Sooooo....

Atari Bigby comes in the game last night and Witten immediately picks up 30 yards. I'm sure it was a coincidence though.

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Sooooo....

Atari Bigby comes in the game last night and Witten immediately picks up 30 yards. I'm sure it was a coincidence though.

He threatened him with his shoulder though...

Patler
11-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Sooooo....

I'm not sure that is not an accurate implication regarding his play, because Bigby actually played early against Dallas and in total played MORE than Peprah did. According to MJSO, they alternated every 10-12 plays, with Bigby coming in the first time on Dallas' 4th possession (Whitten's long reception was in the 4th quarter):

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/109374539.html

It is expected they will have a similar rotation this week.

pbmax
11-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Witten's reception was also on Bishop, who was trailing too far behind to force a tougher throw (or get in its way). I did not get a good look at the safety on the play.

Fritz
11-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I see that the economy continues to stagnate. I blame Bigby.

CaptainKickass
11-20-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/atari-bigby-783795.jpg
http://www.juegos.tv/blogjuegos/wp-content/uploads/atari_logo.jpg

Bossman641
11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Bigby - hamstring injury and most likely out for Sunday's game.

I think Atari needs to be sold for $1 at a garage sale.

swede
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Too bad it don't come with a good game.

steve823
11-22-2010, 06:24 PM

Really. After all that time off and he didn't even start, he was subbing with Peprah all game - and he STILL gets hurt. Thank god we drafted Burnett and Peprah stepped up at SS.

SkinBasket
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Too bad it don't come with a good game.

If I could give a billion reputation for this I would. Unfortunately I can't give you any.

Just as the Bibyites were getting all lathered up again (about him playing a dozen snaps in a semi-adequate fashion), he's busted again. I'm sure this has major implications for our defense. Remember several of you declared Bigby the #1 factor in last season's defensive turn-around. So surely, with Bigby out there, our defense would be allowing 5 yards a game and forcing double digit turnovers while displaying massive bone crushing hits from the safety position.

Fritz
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I do not blame Bigby for Chilly being fired, however.

vince
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
God I hope we don't see Bush back there.

Bretsky
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
clearly it's Brett Favre's fault Bigby is hurt

Fritz
11-22-2010, 07:31 PM

I said that to my ex-wife once. Maybe that's why she's my ex-wife...

pbmax
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
clearly it's Brett Favre's fault Bigby is hurt

Playing against Brett usually results in DB whiplash, not hamstring injuries. You are looking at the offensive target then have to quickly change head direction as the ball settles in a defender's arms and goes the other way. :)

Bretsky
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Perhaps Bigby was chasing Favre from behind and pulled a hammy trying to catch him....dude does have that Barty Smith like speed

CaptainKickass
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM

He's got the guts, but lacks the tough exterior:

http://www.cpushack.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Atari2600mobo.jpg

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Anthony Smith is also hurt, so Bush would appear to be the #3 safety on Sunday. Unless it's Frankenbacker.

Zool
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I said that to my ex-wife once. Maybe that's why she's my ex-wife...

Heyoooooo

Guiness
11-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Did you rape that horse before you killed it?

Idjut. That's a donkey. And you've seen enough donkey shows to know better!

ThunderDan
11-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Anthony Smith is also hurt, so Bush would appear to be the #3 safety on Sunday. Unless it's Frankenbacker.

Just read that Anthony Smith's x-rays came back negative. It's hard to believe seeing the play that he got hurt on. I thought for sure he was going on IR.

SkinBasket
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Just read that Anthony Smith's x-rays came back negative. It's hard to believe seeing the play that he got hurt on. I thought for sure he was going on IR.

What play? And who the fuck is Anthony Smith?

swede
11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
:lol:

ThunderDan
11-23-2010, 10:51 PM

Our kickoff coverage unit, Anthony's leg was caught on one side of a player and he got bent back completely over the player. He's our 4th string S backing up Collins I believe.

Guiness
11-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Anyone remember that game Davenport got hurt, bent backwards over a defender. Microphones picked him up yelling 'Rrraaaa'!

Fritz
11-24-2010, 08:32 AM
"And who the fuck is Anthony Smith?"

I believe he was the Secretary of the Treasury under Martin Van Buren.

Joemailman
11-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Not that Anthony Smith! Anthony Smith was an Australian cricket player for the Tasmanian Tigers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Anthony_Smith_(Australian_cricketer)

He was a right-handed batting all-rounder, who bowled useful medium pace and represented Tasmania from 1977 until 1984.

Fritz
11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Not that Anthony Smith! Anthony Smith was an Australian cricket player for the Tasmanian Tigers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Anthony_Smith_(Australian_cricketer)

He was a right-handed batting all-rounder, who bowled useful medium pace and represented Tasmania from 1977 until 1984.

AND he was treasury secretary under Martin Van Buren.

He also attended my elementary school in 1967. Kid couldn't keep his snot in his nose. Always drooling it into his hot-lunch goulash, which was about the same color as his snot, anyway.

Now we know who Anthony Smith is. He's who we thought he was!

Patler
11-24-2010, 09:46 AM

"And who the fuck is Anthony Smith?"

I believe he was the Secretary of the Treasury under Martin Van Buren.

Not that Anthony Smith! Anthony Smith was an Australian cricket player for the Tasmanian Tigers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Anthony_Smith_(Australian_cricketer) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Anthony_Smith_%28Australian_cricketer%29)

Sure, sure; you guys make light of it. But posting on PackerRats is serious business, and we have to demand a certain level of competence from those who post. Can any of us ever give credibility to any comment or analysis from SkinBasket again?? Heck, he probably can't even recount for us the personal background and playing experience of Diyral Briggs.

Until he can assure us that he possess the requisite level of Packer knowledge, I think SkinBasket should be restricted to posting only in the Garbage Can forum, where, in the past at least, he has demonstrated a certain level of competence, perhaps even expertise in the subjects commonly addressed in the Garbage Can. :wink:

get louder at lambeau
11-24-2010, 10:46 AM
AND he was treasury secretary under Martin Van Buren.

He also attended my elementary school in 1967. Kid couldn't keep his snot in his nose. Always drooling it into his hot-lunch goulash, which was about the same color as his snot, anyway.

Now we know who Anthony Smith is. He's who we thought he was!

No wonder he got cut so quick his first time around in GB. Who wants an old cricket-playing political nerd playing safety in the NFL? Michael Turner would probably knock his glasses off and spit in his mouth while he's laying on the ground.

Bring on Jarrett Bush!!

Fritz
11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Sure, sure; you guys make light of it. But posting on PackerRats is serious business, and we have to demand a certain level of competence from those who post. Can any of us ever give credibility to any comment or analysis from SkinBasket again?? Heck, he probably can't even recount for us the personal background and playing experience of Diyral Briggs.

Until he can assure us that he possess the requisite level of Packer knowledge, I think SkinBasket should be restricted to posting only in the Garbage Can forum, where, in the past at least, he has demonstrated a certain level of competence, perhaps even expertise in the subjects commonly addressed in the Garbage Can. :wink:

I believe Skin demonstrated his competence when he asked who the fuck Anthony Smith was...

swede
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Anthony Smith had a bad case of hammer-toes, and therefore had a hard time living up to his potential as a wide-receiver. He was selected with the 114th pick of the 2000 draft.

SkinBasket
11-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I believe Skin demonstrated his competence when he asked who the fuck Anthony Smith was...

I believe I answered this question when I thoroughly proved how incompetent I am in everything except photoshopping cock.

SkinBasket
12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Even Atari Bigby understands just what Atari Bigby is.

Two years ago, Bigby suffered a hamstring injury at Ford Field that shelved him for five games. Then this year he injured his hamstring at the Metrodome Nov. 21 and was forced to miss two games.

The common thread between those two places is their artificial surface.

"You know what? You're right," Bigby said when reminded about that. "I didn't even think about that. There might be something there. I don't know. It could just be me."

Fritz
12-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Anthony Smith had a bad case of hammer-toes, and therefore had a hard time living up to his potential as a wide-receiver. He was selected with the 114th pick of the 2000 draft.

"Stop: hammer-toe time."

I remember the dude of whom you write. He was one of those "potential" picks, but he couldn't get those hammer toes straightened out.

swede
12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
His name was Anthony Lucas. I was attempting to ingratiate myself with the "I don't know who Anthony Smith is" crowd.