PDA

View Full Version : Favre sexting truth

gex
11-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Jenn Sterger's friend — and fellow former Florida State Cowgirl — says she was with her the day Brett Favre texted pictures of his privates, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"I actually saw it when he sent it. We just laughed when he did it," Allison Torres, 24, told Steppin' Out magazine.

"We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn't the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her."

"I just know they kept texting each other back and forth and that he wanted to hook up," Torres said. "I wouldn't doubt she was enjoying the attention from him."

Anyone whose mind isn't clouded by hurt feelings can see it was a back and forth thing.
But don't let the facts derail the hate train...he is,afterall, the Vikings starting qb.

channtheman
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Cuz we don't have a Favre thread or anything...

HarveyWallbangers
11-07-2010, 01:09 AM
"I just know they kept texting each other back and forth and that he wanted to hook up," Torres said. "I wouldn't doubt she was enjoying the attention from him."

He's married with two children. She's not married. That makes him a douche bag.

steve823
11-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Cool. Thanks for this. I really appreciate it and love to see threads on our players. :roll:

Pugger
11-07-2010, 07:20 AM

+1

Fred's Slacks
11-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Jenn Sterger's friend — and fellow former Florida State Cowgirl — says she was with her the day Brett Favre texted pictures of his privates, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"I actually saw it when he sent it. We just laughed when he did it," Allison Torres, 24, told Steppin' Out magazine.

"We talked about it like girlfriends talk about that kind of stuff. You have to understand that Brett Favre isn't the first celebrity that tried to hook up with her."

Anyone whose mind isn't clouded by hurt feelings can see it was a back and forth thing.
But don't let the facts derail the hate train...he is,afterall, the Vikings starting qb.

It was a back and forth thing? Does Dianna know about this? Does the NFL know? Someone should tell them. That could have saved a whole lot of trouble. :lol:

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 07:40 AM

The fact he is married still is really because Deanna is that stupid. She even admitted herself Favre has cheated pn her more than once, and she never left him.

I think the point in seeing how this was truly a back and forth event, and the admittance by a friend that other celebrities have tried to hook up with her as well along with how they laughed it off... it's meant to break the tone.

Throughout all of this, Sterger was seen as a innocent good looking victim and Favre not only looked liked a old man trying to cheat with a younger looking version of his wife, but he was horrible at picking girls up. Well, all turns out, Sterger really isn't a victim - this explains why she hasn't pressed charges or been completely working together with the NFL. Favre may or may not have saved the text messages (assuming he didn't) but records can most likely be brought up from favre's camp of it being mutual.

The reference to the garbage can is most likely a response to what she said, about how she may have told him she would b e more inclinded to do it but didn't want to be publicly berrated over it.

Anyways, is favre a bad husband? Yes. Is he a bad father? Who knows, I don't know his kids, nor do I know what they really think of him. They may be angels love their father regardless. Deanna should feel bad, but she should of never married him/left him after the firfst time she was aware he was cheating. Let alone the 2nd time, and the 3rd... and the 4th...

At some point you also have to wonder if Deanna just accepted him for who he was and told him whatever makes him happy makes her happy. I mean, we are talking about a man cheating on his wife getting caught in public crosshairs.

I don't personally know Mr. Favre, or Deanna, Sterger, the jets orgnization, or the rest of his family. On the outside looking in we see a man who is apparently desperate and looking for happiness that he isn't finding in his marrage. He is a repeated cheater on his wife, and without knowing everything, it seems like he is just another cheating asshole.

But again, I don't think it's fair to judge a personal situation with a player when really, we don't know them at all. Our opinions are all based on what the media tells us, or what he tells the media himself, versus spending real time and seeing why things are the way they are, and why Favre feels the need TO cheat on his wife.

Heck, what if his wife cheated on him? What if it's an "open marriage" these days? What if this, what if that. We know absolutely nothing except that he HAS cheated on Deanna before (of which we knew 8 years ago) and still we didn't call him a douche when that came out. And now he is a douche for "failing" to cheat on his wife and getting caught. All I know is I do not know him, his family, or why he is unhappy. I just know I can't fairly judge hima s a person based on what the media says, or the PR BS he spits at the media himself.

He's human. Cheating has become more and more acceptable in our culture. It may not be right, and never will be, and doesn't excuse him. However, when you grow up in a culture where it is pretty common, I have to remember that hey, if this was just your best friend, you may treat the situation completely differently. You may question him, cal him an idiot, but in the end, you just want to know why he isn't happy (or she) and felt he needed this to be happy versus what he already had.

But because it's a "football player" that everyone here already despises because he some how "kicked our children" that we need to be even more unfairly judging a situation we know little about.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 08:02 AM

Quitting Bert is hard.

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace10/bf-100-PP.jpg

sheepshead
11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Cuz we don't have a Favre thread or anything...

:lol:

ThunderDan
11-07-2010, 08:32 AM

The fact he is married still is really because Deanna is that stupid. She even admitted herself Favre has cheated pn her more than once, and she never left him.

I think the point in seeing how this was truly a back and forth event, and the admittance by a friend that other celebrities have tried to hook up with her as well along with how they laughed it off... it's meant to break the tone.

Throughout all of this, Sterger was seen as a innocent good looking victim and Favre not only looked liked a old man trying to cheat with a younger looking version of his wife, but he was horrible at picking girls up. Well, all turns out, Sterger really isn't a victim - this explains why she hasn't pressed charges or been completely working together with the NFL. Favre may or may not have saved the text messages (assuming he didn't) but records can most likely be brought up from favre's camp of it being mutual.

The reference to the garbage can is most likely a response to what she said, about how she may have told him she would b e more inclinded to do it but didn't want to be publicly berrated over it.

Anyways, is favre a bad husband? Yes. Is he a bad father? Who knows, I don't know his kids, nor do I know what they really think of him. They may be angels love their father regardless. Deanna should feel bad, but she should of never married him/left him after the firfst time she was aware he was cheating. Let alone the 2nd time, and the 3rd... and the 4th...

At some point you also have to wonder if Deanna just accepted him for who he was and told him whatever makes him happy makes her happy. I mean, we are talking about a man cheating on his wife getting caught in public crosshairs.

I don't personally know Mr. Favre, or Deanna, Sterger, the jets orgnization, or the rest of his family. On the outside looking in we see a man who is apparently desperate and looking for happiness that he isn't finding in his marrage. He is a repeated cheater on his wife, and without knowing everything, it seems like he is just another cheating asshole.

But again, I don't think it's fair to judge a personal situation with a player when really, we don't know them at all. Our opinions are all based on what the media tells us, or what he tells the media himself, versus spending real time and seeing why things are the way they are, and why Favre feels the need TO cheat on his wife.

Heck, what if his wife cheated on him? What if it's an "open marriage" these days? What if this, what if that. We know absolutely nothing except that he HAS cheated on Deanna before (of which we knew 8 years ago) and still we didn't call him a douche when that came out. And now he is a douche for "failing" to cheat on his wife and getting caught. All I know is I do not know him, his family, or why he is unhappy. I just know I can't fairly judge hima s a person based on what the media says, or the PR BS he spits at the media himself.

He's human. Cheating has become more and more acceptable in our culture. It may not be right, and never will be, and doesn't excuse him. However, when you grow up in a culture where it is pretty common, I have to remember that hey, if this was just your best friend, you may treat the situation completely differently. You may question him, cal him an idiot, but in the end, you just want to know why he isn't happy (or she) and felt he needed this to be happy versus what he already had.

But because it's a "football player" that everyone here already despises because he some how "kicked our children" that we need to be even more unfairly judging a situation we know little about.

It must be nice to be so ignorant. As they say, "Ignorance is bliss."

If you worked somewhere and a "much" older married woman who was the face of your corporation started to send you pictures of her tits and pussy what would you do? Someone else in the orginaztion got her your number and you know if you say anything you are going to be thrown to the curb. You are in the media business and if this happens your career is severely limited.

That is sexual harrassment plain and simple!! And just like all across America it isn't reported because people know when they report a boss or co-worker they are going to most likely lose their job and be ostrisized by fellow employees and working there if you keep your job will be complete hell.

Notice how Deadspin had to print the stuff and Jenn was against they doing it. Jenn didn't bring this forward. If she wanted money from Favre 2 yares ago she would have hired a lawyer showed him pictures of BF dick and she would have had a "fat" check years ago.

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 09:30 AM

If you worked somewhere and a "much" older married woman who was the face of your corporation started to send you pictures of her tits and pussy what would you do? Someone else in the orginaztion got her your number and you know if you say anything you are going to be thrown to the curb. You are in the media business and if this happens your career is severely limited.

That is sexual harrassment plain and simple!! And just like all across America it isn't reported because people know when they report a boss or co-worker they are going to most likely lose their job and be ostrisized by fellow employees and working there if you keep your job will be complete hell.

Notice how Deadspin had to print the stuff and Jenn was against they doing it. Jenn didn't bring this forward. If she wanted money from Favre 2 yares ago she would have hired a lawyer showed him pictures of BF dick and she would have had a "fat" check years ago.

Did you completely ignore the OP? They were already conversing playfully before the pictures came. It wasn't just some random stuff sent as we were lead to believe, they were conversing back and forth for god knows who long, and when the pictures were sent there now is a possibility they were requested. On top of that, Sterger is being reported to be laughing aobut it like some college prank joke.

Sexual Harrassment is only that if you 1. felt actually harassed by the situation 2. Didn't want it to happen.

Right now, Sterger appears to be okay with everything that happened, and was encouraging it to continue. They conversed back and forth,

Point here, is it can't be considered sexual harassment if your honestly okay with and encouraging it to happen.

Patler
11-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Sexual Harrassment is only that if you 1. felt actually harassed by the situation 2. Didn't want it to happen.

Are you sure about that? Years and years ago when I was an employee, we had to attend seminars on it. At that time we were told that an action could be sexual harassment even if the target of the action was not offended by it.

Has that changed?

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Right now, Sterger appears to be okay with everything that happened, and was encouraging it to continue.

You can't speak for Jenn Sterger.

RashanGary
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Brett lied and manipulated his way out of here, stepping on anyone in his way with no care for anyone involved but himself. He cheats on his wife with no care for anyone involved but himself. Over and over and over, this guy shows he has zero care for anyone but himself.

Whatever her her texting back and forth proves, I don't know, but Brett being a scum bag, that's pretty much set in stone however the sexting may have went down.

I don't think very many people here dislike Favre for his on field play, although that has some blemishes we kick around from titme to time. I don't think very many people can't stand him even for being a Viking, although there are some. I think the great majority of people who can't stand Favre, and maybe I'm wrong here, is because he's a selfish, nasty, destructive (to others) piece of crap. The Vikings got what they deserved. They were creepy, sneaky liars to get him and Favre got what he deserved, being a sneaky, creepy liar in every walk of his life.

From the Tracy Porter interception, to the sexting scandal being made public, to the Vikings utter collapse this year, to Moss going there, stinking and being cut. . . .Everything has worked out the way it is meant to be. He got what HE put in. This is who Brett Favre is.

They say our choices make us who we are. Look at Favre's life. This is who he is. Most people with a heart can't stand people like Favre. The details of Stergers involvement mean nothing.

bobblehead
11-07-2010, 09:58 AM

Are you sure about that? Years and years ago when I was an employee, we had to attend seminars on it. At that time we were told that an action could be sexual harassment even if the target of the action was not offended by it.

Has that changed?

nothing has changed. the victims mindset is irrelevant. the actions of the harrasser are what matters. the corporation can still be held accountable as a victim may be "accepting" because its less likely to get them fired.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally I thought this scandal might ruin the Vikings season because of a suspension. Now I'm wondering if it hasn't already helped ruin their season just by adding to all their distractions.

At the end of the day this whole episode has been a big win for Packer fans. And a huge embarrassment for Favre and Viking fans.

Patler
11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally I thought this scandal might ruin the Vikings season because of a suspension. Now I'm wondering if it hasn't already helped ruin their season just by adding to all their distractions.

Some might argue that a suspension might help their season!

Tony Oday
11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!! This should be in the Romper room or on the Favre thread...

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!! This should be in the Romper room or on the Favre thread...

But gex had something very important to tell us all about Bert. And the truth.

MJZiggy
11-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Brett lied and manipulated his way out of here, stepping on anyone in his way with no care for anyone involved but himself. He cheats on his wife with no care for anyone involved but himself. Over and over and over, this guy shows he has zero care for anyone but himself.

Whatever her her texting back and forth proves, I don't know, but Brett being a scum bag, that's pretty much set in stone however the sexting may have went down.

I don't think very many people here dislike Favre for his on field play, although that has some blemishes we kick around from titme to time. I don't think very many people can't stand him even for being a Viking, although there are some. I think the great majority of people who can't stand Favre, and maybe I'm wrong here, is because he's a selfish, nasty, destructive (to others) piece of crap.

Ok, let's assume she texted him back. I've had many conversations that have gone along these lines (with co-workers).

Hi.
Hi, how're you doing?
I'm fine, what about you?
I'm good, where's your wife?
She's at home in Jersey. I'm kinda bored.
Ah she's in Jersey. I read her book, she's pretty cool.
Yeah, well I'm here by myself, how about you come over?
I don't think that's a good idea.
No, really you could come over to the hotel and we could...

I've had that conversation before a few times. Had one guy tell me I had it going on and wanted me to teach my exercise routine to his wife so she could have a body like mine. (dude must have REALLY liked the idea of divorce to suicide to have considered such a thing) I've had another tell me more than once that he didn't like when I left but loved watching me go. Both were harassment I didn't report either. I don't care enough. The fact that she may or may not have texted him back is irrelevant (just as possible her friend wanted the spotlight and to have her name in print). I think the creepy geezer reference tells you her level of interest in him. There's nothing in anyone's defense here that would suggest to me that what he did wasn't harassment.

pbmax

And (should it be true) what does a back and forth thing do to excuse his behavior?

Does this episode need to be sexual harassment to reflect poorly on Brett?

digitaldean

+1

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Some might argue that a suspension might help their season!

No kidding.

A suspension would have kept Chilly off the hot seat for playing Tavaris. Now he'd actually have to stand up to Bert to get him off the field. :lol:

bobblehead
11-07-2010, 10:14 AM

I don't think very many people here dislike Favre for his on field play, although that has some blemishes we kick around from titme to time. I don't think very many people can't stand him even for being a Viking, although there are some. I think the great majority of people who can't stand Favre, and maybe I'm wrong here, is because he's a selfish, nasty, destructive (to others) piece of crap.

Ok, let's assume she texted him back. I've had many conversations that have gone along these lines (with co-workers).

Hi.
Hi, how're you doing?

I've had that conversation before a few times. Had one guy tell me I had it going on and wanted me to teach my exercise routine to his wife so she could have a body like mine. (dude must have REALLY liked the idea of divorce to suicide to have considered such a thing) I've had another tell me more than once that he didn't like when I left but loved watching me go. Both were harassment I didn't report either. I don't care enough. The fact that she may or may not have texted him back is irrelevant (just as possible her friend wanted the spotlight and to have her name in print). I think the creepy geezer reference tells you her level of interest in him. There's nothing in anyone's defense here that would suggest to me that what he did wasn't harassment.

here here....i try alll those bad liines and they never work....oh yea, and theyare wrong....i feel shame. coming to vegas anytime soon?? my wife is in thailand and i just need a friend, honest

edit:thanks for the reminder scott...mj, could you pm me ur cell number

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:14 AM

Hi.
Hi, how're you doing?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY TOTALLY FORGOT TO TEXT YOU PICTURES OF THEIR JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJZiggy
11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY TOTALLY FORGOT TO TEXT YOU PICTURES OF THEIR JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (that I might have been willing to report...Ew)

RashanGary
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
To me, if you tell your wife that you've always had an interest in the opposite sex, you've never been able to resist it and right from the get-go, she agreed to that (good luck finding a decent girl who will agree to that). . . . OK, go out and do your thing.

If you're a warm blooded male and you make a mistake, OK, fine, it can happen, but you better be damn well sure you come clean about it, own it, and never do it again and treat her well for the rest of her life the way you promised.

Favre does none of it. He lies over and over and over. He never seems to come clean. He doesn't seem to care about anyone involved but himself. His whole act, it's disgusting. A lot of people had a feeling this guy was a slippery disingenuous dude. He played his act so well, but the problem is, he could only act in front of the camera. The truth has a funny way of getting to the surface.

pbmax
11-07-2010, 10:26 AM
No, no Zig. If you responded in ANY way, looked at them or even walked near them then you were encouraging them. Even asking for it. What were you wearing you little trollop?

Our Brett cannot be expected to withstand such distractions.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Had one guy tell me I had it going on and wanted me to teach my exercise routine to his wife so she could have a body like mine. (dude must have REALLY liked the idea of divorce to suicide to have considered such a thing) I've had another tell me more than once that he didn't like when I left but loved watching me go. Both were harassment I didn't report either. I don't care enough.

I suspect that's the case in most instances - people don't report it. What harassment victim really desires the inevitable scrutiny that comes along with reporting this kind of stuff? Just look at those here already willing to pass judgment on Sterger.

gex
11-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Ok Kettle

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21585
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21545
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21370 :tup:

Packers4Glory
11-07-2010, 11:39 AM

wow. you need to learn what sexual harassment really is.

Ignorant? yeah you are. You really think the week the Vikes play the Jets, this stuff gets out w/o her knowing? LOL You don't think she wanted the attention (her tv show was dying) but didn't want to seem like the one who was behind the leak? Make no mistake she wanted it out there and it got her attention and probably a playboy shoot in the future.

If she was texting him back and never told him to stop, which if she did I'm sure you would have seen the transcripts of their conversation. I highly highly doubt it was a one way communication.

Reality is dudes don't normally just send picks of their diks while TRYING to get w/ a girl who isn't responding. Thats just absurd to even think. She may have simply asked him to half joking not expecting to get those pics...but she did. I don't know how that came about but I'd bet anything he didn't just decide to send those pics just out of nowhere.

MJZiggy
11-07-2010, 12:16 PM
wow. you need to learn what sexual harassment really is.

Ignorant? yeah you are. You really think the week the Vikes play the Jets, this stuff gets out w/o her knowing? LOL You don't think she wanted the attention (her tv show was dying) but didn't want to seem like the one who was behind the leak? Make no mistake she wanted it out there and it got her attention and probably a playboy shoot in the future.

If she was texting him back and never told him to stop, which if she did I'm sure you would have seen the transcripts of their conversation. I highly highly doubt it was a one way communication.

Reality is dudes don't normally just send picks of their diks while TRYING to get w/ a girl who isn't responding. Thats just absurd to even think. She may have simply asked him to half joking not expecting to get those pics...but she did. I don't know how that came about but I'd bet anything he didn't just decide to send those pics just out of nowhere.

Sexual harassment, is intimidation, bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors.[1] In some contexts or circumstances, sexual harassment may be illegal. It includes a range of behavior from seemingly mild transgressions and annoyances to actual sexual abuse or sexual assault.[2] Sexual harassment is a form of illegal employment discrimination in many countries, and is a form of abuse (sexual and psychological) and bullying. For many businesses, preventing sexual harassment, and defending employees from sexual harassment charges, have become key goals of legal decision-making. In contrast, many scholars complain that sexual harassment in education remains a "forgotten secret," with educators and administrators refusing to admit the problem exists in their schools, or accept their legal and ethical responsibilities to deal with it (Dziech, 1990)

She doesn't have to report it. She may have known the release was coming, but it was deadspin that released it and acknowledged at the time that she didn't release it. There were hints of this months before the release. It was deadspin that chose the timing for maximum effect. Ms. Sterger might get a Playboy spread out of it? She already appeared in Playboy in 2006. And Maxim too. If she wanted something out of this, she'd have sued herself two years ago. If you listened to the bizarre voicemails, it's pretty clear he was getting kinda desperate. You can't tell me from that voicemail, that she was playing along. She had rejected him and he did not stop.

Tony Oday
11-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Ok Kettle

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21585
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21545
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21370 :tup:

STILL this has been covered, and covered, and covered....

Tarlam!
11-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I've decided, I aint a part of this thread. Love Gex and all the other posters. I aint involved.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I've decided, I aint a part of this thread. Love Gex and all the other posters. I aint involved.

Yeah? Well we'll see if you're still singing the same tune if Woody works up the courage to show his face. :lol:

steve823
11-07-2010, 01:26 PM
POST FAVRE CRAP HERE ---> http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=14117&start=7380

It's not that hard.

Zool
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM

I guess my only question is, if Favre kills an entire buss full of pregnant women while drunk driving, would it be his fault or the women in the bus for being on the same street at that time?

packerbacker1234
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM

I guess my only question is, if Favre kills an entire buss full of pregnant women while drunk driving, would it be his fault or the women in the bus for being on the same street at that time?

I wasn't saying that Deanna is at fault for it to still be cheating, but lets face it, she is like a lot of girls out there in society. Guy cheats. Guy cheats again. Guy cheats againd and again. Well, I love him, so I wont leave.

I see this situation with my friends all the time, and this clearly seems to be the case with Deanna. Does it excuse Favre? Not really, but if he's always been a cheater, I see no reason to magically call him a douche now when we weren't willing to call him the same thing like, a decade ago when Deanna mentioned it in her biography.

Bossman641
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM

I wasn't saying that Deanna is at fault for it to still be cheating, but lets face it, she is like a lot of girls out there in society. Guy cheats. Guy cheats again. Guy cheats againd and again. Well, I love him, so I wont leave.

I see this situation with my friends all the time, and this clearly seems to be the case with Deanna. Does it excuse Favre? Not really, but if he's always been a cheater, I see no reason to magically call him a douche now when we weren't willing to call him the same thing like, a decade ago when Deanna mentioned it in her biography.

Favre's a douche. It's as simple as that. No other reasoning necessary.

Just because Favre has cheated on her before and she forgave him then doesn't mean she deserves to be cheated on now.

pbmax
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM

Has that changed?
No. Its only an issue when you need to have cooperation. Not having been offended can make employees reluctant to tell their story or to minimize it.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I see no reason to magically call him a douche now

Of course you don't.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM

Read it and weep dummy.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sexual+harassment

"The courts have generally concluded that a victim need not say or do a particular thing to indicate unwelcomeness. Instead, a court will review all of the circumstances to determine whether it was reasonably clear to the harasser that the conduct was unwelcome. The courts have recognized that victims may be afraid to express their discomfort if the harasser is their boss or is physically intimidating. Victims may be coerced into going along with sexual talk or activities because they believe they will be punished or fired if they protest. Consent can be given to a relationship and then withdrawn when the relationship ends. Once it is withdrawn, continued romantic or sexual words or actions are not protected by the past relationship and may be sexual harassment."

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.motleycollegefootball.com/Images/Grimace1.jpg

ThunderDan
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Read it and weep dummy.

"The courts have generally concluded that a victim need not say or do a particular thing to indicate unwelcomeness. Instead, a court will review all of the circumstances to determine whether it was reasonably clear to the harasser that the conduct was unwelcome. The courts have recognized that victims may be afraid to express their discomfort if the harasser is their boss or is physically intimidating. Victims may be coerced into going along with sexual talk or activities because they believe they will be punished or fired if they protest. Consent can be given to a relationship and then withdrawn when the relationship ends. Once it is withdrawn, continued romantic or sexual words or actions are not protected by the past relationship and may be sexual harassment."

Thanks for the update on sexual harrassment. It was obvious from my earlier post that I was ignorant in my knowledge of the law. :lol:

I can't believe that some people just don't get it. Sending your junk to someone who has spurned your advances and continued telephone calls is completely over the line.

Patler
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Sending your junk to someone

PICTURES of....PICTURES of...

The way you wrote it sort of makes me quiver. :lol: :lol:

ThunderDan
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Sending your junk to someone

PICTURES of....PICTURES of...

The way you wrote it sort of makes me quiver. :lol: :lol:

Kind of has a John the Baptist feeling to it the way I wrote it. :lol:

bobblehead
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Read it and weep dummy.

Thanks for the update on sexual harrassment. It was obvious from my earlier post that I was ignorant in my knowledge of the law. :lol:

I can't believe that some people just don't get it. Sending your junk to someone who has spurned your advances and continued telephone calls is completely over the line.\

its not even about being spurned. she can want the attention, but if you have workplace superiority over her and you make advances its sexual harrassment....that be the law. the bitch loved it is NOT a defense.

LEWCWA
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM

+1

The thing I find funny about this, is that many of the people calling him douche bag, etc....have probably cheated on their spouse..I know, I know, none of you holier than nows have. Some of you guys and girls around here are probably screwing someone else as we speak!

pbmax
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM

+1

The thing I find funny about this, is that many of the people calling him douche bag, etc....have probably cheated on their spouse..I know, I know, none of you holier than nows have. Some of you guys and girls around here are probably screwing someone else as we speak!
While speaking? Of course. But never while typing. So hard to spell check.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM

+1

And you're probably a pedophile.

LEWCWA
11-09-2010, 10:33 PM

+1

You should be very careful about what you accuse people of directly. My only point is I'm sure plenty talking shit about infidelity have probably done the same thing. It seems nobody does it, but it happens every day! Hypocrytes are all around us!

Not that you care SC, but this is the last time I acknowledge that you exist. The things you type are low class and you are not worth my time.

channtheman
11-10-2010, 12:53 AM

+1

You should be very careful about what you accuse people of directly.

Yes, this is a shameful act. Indirectly accusing people though, not a problem!

swede
11-10-2010, 07:43 AM

+1

You should be very careful about what you accuse people of directly. My only point is I'm sure plenty talking shit about infidelity have probably done the same thing. It seems nobody does it, but it happens every day! Hypocrytes are all around us!

Not that you care SC, but this is the last time I acknowledge that you exist. The things you type are low class and you are not worth my time.

This from somebody defending Brett Favre's actions... :roll:

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 07:49 AM

+1

Gotta love dummies.

sharpe1027
11-10-2010, 09:25 AM

+1

Maybe, but they are douche bags too. Are you really just saying "Takes one to know one"?

LEWCWA
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM

+1

You should be very careful about what you accuse people of directly.

Yes, this is a shameful act. Indirectly accusing people though, not a problem!

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, but living in the world today, I know some of the folks all high and mighty about this have done the same thing. That was my only point. I do remember reading something about, he has no sin cast the first stone. In the eyes of God all sin is equal, so I guess we are all douche bags etc....

LEWCWA
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM

+1

This from somebody defending Brett Favre's actions... :roll:

Why would I defend his actions? Kind of hard to defend his behavior. Thing is I don't judge him based on this or anything else. I don't know him, kinda hard for me to judge him as a person. I know plenty of folks who have committed adultry, now i don't think it is an honorable thing to do, but that doesn't make them a bad person....basically unless you condemn any and all the same way you are a hypocryte.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
You're just angry that your boy is a creepy douche. We tried to tell you. But you wouldn't listen.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Why would I defend his actions?

Because quitting Bert is hard.

gex
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Joe, you see why this forum is the way it is.
Come to post at PackerRats and you get called stupid or even worse.
This is from just 1 thread...

Of course you don't.

SC-"And you're probably a pedophile."
SC-"Read it and weep dummy."
SC-"Of course you don't."
SC-"You're just angry that your boy is a creepy douche."
SC-"Because quitting Bert is hard"
SC-"Gotta love dummies"
:cry:

Scott Campbell
11-10-2010, 05:49 PM

Bump. :lol:

Patler
11-10-2010, 05:59 PM

+1

It would seem the description might be accurate, and is non-dependent on the morality of the describer. I got this from the internet, so it has to be accurate, right?:

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term. The slang usage of the term originated in the 1960s. The term usually refers to a person, usually male, with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions, most often without malicious intent.

I think some would agree that this seems to describe Mr. Favre rather accurately, at least from the perspective of many Packer fans. Interestingly, the definition does not seem to require the classifier to be a non-douchebag, or to be morally better than he who the describer calls a douchebag. In fact, it would seem that someone even morally more suspect could still determine that someone else is a douchebag.

Personally, I see no reason to insult inanimate objects in this way, regardless of their intended use. :wink:

Little Whiskey
11-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Thing is I don't judge him based on this or anything else. I don't know him, kinda hard for me to judge him as a person.

we judge all the time. everybody judges thing and people without "knowing" them. did you judge Jeffer dahamer? i didn't know him at all. he killed and ate people. i judged him a douch.

MJZiggy
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM

+1

It would seem the description might be accurate, and is non-dependent on the morality of the describer. I got this from the internet, so it has to be accurate, right?:

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term. The slang usage of the term originated in the 1960s. The term usually refers to a person, usually male, with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions, most often without malicious intent.

I think some would agree that this seems to describe Mr. Favre rather accurately, at least from the perspective of many Packer fans. Interestingly, the definition does not seem to require the classifier to be a non-douchebag, or to be morally better than he who the describer calls a douchebag. In fact, it would seem that someone even morally more suspect could still determine that someone else is a douchebag.

Personally, I see no reason to insult inanimate objects in this way, regardless of their intended use. :wink:

My gynecologist would beg to differ...and LEWCWA, don't make assumptions. Many in here criticizing him for cheating haven't cheated or were cheated on. Just because someone suggests that a behavior is douche-like doesn't mean they've engaged in that behavior. To suggest otherwise of people you don't know who haven't admitted publicly to sexting as Mr. Favre has, is a little presumptuous and looks a little desperate for a defense.

channtheman
11-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Of course you don't.

SC-"Gotta love dummies"

Yeah but if you had posted it in the correct thread, it would all be contained in the Favre thread. Favre stuff is really the only thing that causes major trouble here, which is why we have the Favre thread. If you want to read it and get offended you can. If not, don't read it. Don't make a new thread about Favre and then complain that this place is terrible or claim that something is wrong here.

GrnBay007
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Of course you don't.

SC-"Gotta love dummies"

:tup:

GrnBay007
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah but if you had posted it in the correct thread, it would all be contained in the Favre thread.

Really? Did you complain when SC made a Favre sexting thread that went on 15+ pages? That should have gone in the Favre thread also.

Scott Campbell
11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
He's like a kid out there! :lol:

LEWCWA
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM

+1

My gynecologist would beg to differ...and LEWCWA, don't make assumptions. Many in here criticizing him for cheating haven't cheated or were cheated on. Just because someone suggests that a behavior is douche-like doesn't mean they've engaged in that behavior. To suggest otherwise of people you don't know who haven't admitted publicly to sexting as Mr. Favre has, is a little presumptuous and looks a little desperate for a defense.

Thats why i didn't say you probably did this or that. Thing is I live in this world and see this crap everyday. So just going on percentages, some of the folks calling out his moral failings, have done the same or worse. That was my only point.

anyhow it doesn't really matter, His behavior on the surface has been pretty bad. I don't need to crucify him or defend him. He is a football player. Used to be my favorite player, but now I don't get to root for him as he plays for my teams rival. When watching Brett play now, I still try to appreciate the good things he does, because I may never see another player like him. If I only, appreciated the play of good people, I probably wouldn't watch any pro sports!

Scott Campbell
11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I try to pretend he didn't send pictures of his penis to that young girl, or try to coerce her into coming into his hotel room for some extra marital fornicating. And I also try to pretend that he didn't proposition those two Jet's massage therapists. It's just like when I tried to pretend that he didn't lie about weaseling his way out of Green Bay, or that he didn't call Matt Millen.

Because he's just so damned dreamy. :lol:

channtheman
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah but if you had posted it in the correct thread, it would all be contained in the Favre thread.

Really? Did you complain when SC made a Favre sexting thread that went on 15+ pages? That should have gone in the Favre thread also.

It should have. I'm surprised it wasn't in there.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2010, 10:32 AM

Great timing on this comment 007. Were up to 35 pages now, and having lots of fun in there. You should come join us! :D

GrnBay007
11-13-2010, 09:15 AM

Great timing on this comment 007. Were up to 35 pages now, and having lots of fun in there. You should come join us! :D

15 vs 35 pages. See how much I notice that thread?

I think u are having fun SC and maybe a couple others. Most people are just not as excited about this topic. Of course it's always fun to speculate, but seriously, taking tidbits from grunt reporters/sites trying to get their name out there and then taking their news as fact is not something I'm interested in. I have better things to do with my time. Hopefully you are not doing all your "investigative reporting" during work time. I would hate to see some company paying you good money for wasting your time and their money.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Most people are just not as excited about this topic.

You don't speak for most people.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Of course it's always fun to speculate,.....................

You don't have do much speculating to know that it's his voice. How would you feel if you were Deanna? How would you feel if you were one of his daughters?

There aren't many people left to praise his virtue and character. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Hopefully you are not doing all your "investigative reporting" during work time. I would hate to see some company paying you good money for wasting your time and their money.

A personal attack? Really????

I'll just chalk it up to you taking the Favre is a creepy perv news a little harder than you're willing to admit. :lol: