PDA

View Full Version : How many Plays will Bigby last?

mraynrand
11-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Seriously, will this guy even last a game? On Special Teams?

wpony
11-07-2010, 07:11 AM
with all our injuries this year and a certain meanness he can bring with him I would say we better all hope he can stay healthy at least through the rest of this year.

Patler
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Interesting question. Other than the broken wrist he had the year the Packers signed him, I believe most of his problems have been with this ankle. One article earlier this year implied that it was the same injury over and over, and they finally realized there was a structural problem that could be corrected surgically. Bigby himself a week ago or so said the ankle is better than it has ever been since the first time he injured it a couple years ago.

Hopefully this problem is now behind him.

Fritz
11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
mraynrand, why are you jinxing this guy?

pbmax
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Reverse jinx. Hoping for the best for Bigby, like Bretsky picking a Packers win, obviously does not work.

I hope Patler is right about the structural problem in the ankle.

RashanGary
11-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Interesting question. Other than the broken wrist he had the year the Packers signed him, I believe most of his problems have been with this ankle. One article earlier this year implied that it was the same injury over and over, and they finally realized there was a structural problem that could be corrected surgically. Bigby himself a week ago or so said the ankle is better than it has ever been since the first time he injured it a couple years ago.

I'm hoping that too. When Bigby was at the top of his game, he was a star player.

Tony Oday
11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
you know since EVERYONE else is getting injured on this team he will more than likely be able to stay healthy

mraynrand
11-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Reverse jinx. Hoping for the best for Bigby, like Bretsky picking a Packers win, obviously does not work.

I hope Patler is right about the structural problem in the ankle.

You and fritz completely f-upped the anti-jinx strategery I had all carefully planned. If something happens to Bigby now - let it be on your heads!

steve823
11-07-2010, 01:28 PM

I'm hoping that too. When Bigby was at the top of his game, he was a star player.

:lol: And Howard Green runs a mile in less then 5 minutes.

MJZiggy
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM

:lol: And Howard Green runs a mile in less then 5 minutes.

I'll take that bet. I figure him at 16:20...

mraynrand
11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
all you four and over folks were right. Still, I was waiting for those BIG HITS!! Not much there, but Bigby did try to bring someone down using his patented "shoulder tackle technique"

packerbacker1234
11-08-2010, 08:41 AM
all you four and over folks were right. Still, I was waiting for those BIG HITS!! Not much there, but Bigby did try to bring someone down using his patented "shoulder tackle technique"

Eh, Collins does that at times too, so does Woodson. It's a pretty normal technique for DB's... not saying it's good, but it happens.

Bigby really wasn't on the field enough to get a chance to lay any wood. He was clearly second string today, only getting in mid way through the 4th. He didn't make any glaring mistakes, but we were playing a team that looks even worse than the bills do right now.