PDA

View Full Version : WADE PHILLIPS OUT AS COWBOYS COACH

packers11
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
looks like the packers delieved the final blow :lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/report-wade-phillips-out-as-cowboys-coach/

red
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
this is probably the happiest day of wade's life

i started to feel bad for him during the game. his guys just flat out quit

sheepshead
11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Yup, everyones hand was forced last night. let the rebuilding begin. It wont take very long though. Meanwhile they wont be a real threat for a season or so.

BobDobbs
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
So far this year we've lost Kevin Kolb his job and now Wade. We could still hypothetically get Childress and Singletary fired. We're a fricking recession in cleats.

Guiness
11-08-2010, 02:17 PM
The whole Dallas squad looked like they just wanted to go home last night. I guess you can blame the coach for not motivating, but some of that has to fall on the players who are supposed to be professionals! Could you ever see a guy like Al Harris giving up the way they all did???

As my gf pointed out last night, they lost Romo, and that's what happened to them? Pathetic.

Fritz
11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
So far this year we've lost Kevin Kolb his job and now Wade. We could still hypothetically get Childress and Singletary fired. We're a fricking recession in cleats.

Hilarious!

Little Whiskey
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
kinda surprised JJ would make this move, now. why not wait till the end of the season. I believe Phillips was the def cord too. he now has to hire a head coach and def. coor. he also has to pay wade for the remainder of his contract. and there might not be football next year due to the CBA. is the new coach going to salvage the season?

hoosier
11-08-2010, 03:30 PM
kinda surprised JJ would make this move, now. why not wait till the end of the season. I believe Phillips was the def cord too. he now has to hire a head coach and def. coor. he also has to pay wade for the remainder of his contract. and there might not be football next year due to the CBA. is the new coach going to salvage the season?

Not going to salvage the season in the sense of getting them into the playoffs. But last night it seemed clear that the Cowboys have given up, especially since it came in the wake of getting blown out at home by a mediocre Jaguars team. If Phillips can't his team to play with any enthusiasm, and if they aren't even running his schemes right, then getting rid of him and installing Jason Garrett or whoever might allow the team to (a) salvage some dignity and (b) begin to figure out who is worth keeping and who is too jaded to continue. That would be what I would want to accomplish if I were in Jones's shoes.

Cheesehead Craig
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Not going to salvage the season in the sense of getting them into the playoffs. But last night it seemed clear that the Cowboys have given up, especially since it came in the wake of getting blown out at home by a mediocre Jaguars team. If Phillips can't his team to play with any enthusiasm, and if they aren't even running his schemes right, then getting rid of him and installing Jason Garrett or whoever might allow the team to (a) salvage some dignity and (b) begin to figure out who is worth keeping and who is too jaded to continue. That would be what I would want to accomplish if I were in Jones's shoes.
Yep, sends a message that the less than professional attitude and effort given won't be tolerated. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of players cut or traded this off-season and the Cowboys start going into rebuild mode for a bit.

Guiness
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Jason Garett does indeed seem to have been installed as the HC.

I think this is JJ's way of 'test driving' Garett for a few games to see if he likes his style as a head coach.

This also prevents JJ from having to lay out money for an HC in the off season. Wade, if he didn't go now, was almost certainly gone at the end of the year. Hiring a new HC then would be lost $$$ if there's no football next season.

red
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
now theres a report out saying the cowboys players don't like garrett as the new head coach

WTF?

these asshole gave up a couple weeks ago, and didn't even show up to play last night. they got their last coach fired and now they're bitching about his replacement.

if I'm JJ, i clean fucking house and get rid of most if not all coaches and players and start over from scratch

what a bunch of pussies on that team

Fritz
11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
This is why we hate the Cowgirls.

Bunch of pussies!!! Whiny ass little bitches!!!

Which I can safely type from behind my keyboard....

Still, I hate those d-bags.

Jimx29
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Man...the vikes have all kinds of used trash to pick up this week

Freak Out
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I have hated Jerry Jones from day one and am glad the guy is suffering. Fuck him and the Cowboys.

gbgary
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
not surprised. had a lot of laughs at work today at the 'boy expense. sports radio today was fun to listen to also.

Lurker64
11-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Wade's actually a pretty good defensive coordinator. If Capers is lured away by a head coaching job some year, I wouldn't be surprised if Wade ends up interviewing for the DC job.

channtheman
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Per ESPN, apparently Gruden is at the top of the list for the Cowboys next coach. I hope to God Jerry Jones picks Gruden and gets him off of Monday Night Football.

Tarlam!
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM
I've never much been a fan of Wade Phillips. Did I want to hurt him? No. But I'm glad the Pack won.

channtheman
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I've never much been a fan of Wade Phillips. Did I want to hurt him? No. But I'm glad the Pack won.

I almost felt sorry for him Sunday night... almost.

Tarlam!
11-09-2010, 03:38 AM

No way did you! Not even almost! You and I and everybody else here took glee in every nail in the coffin! And that's a good thing!!

Fritz
11-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Per ESPN, apparently Gruden is at the top of the list for the Cowboys next coach. I hope to God Jerry Jones picks Gruden and gets him off of Monday Night Football.

Gruden and Jerry Jones. Those two deserve each other.

mraynrand
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
If I could understand a word Michael Irvin says, it might be fun - in a schadenfreude way - to watch him lose it over the Cowboys' demise.

mmmdk
11-09-2010, 11:33 AM

...almost, Wade almost blew TT away for Green Bay HC job but Wade ate all the jelly donuts and the rest is history. - McCarthy era started instead.

denverYooper
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM

I almost did as well, he's such a kindly old fellow. But then I realized that we probably did him a favor, freeing him from Jerry Jones.

pbmax
11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
If I could understand a word Michael Irvin says, it might be fun - in a schadenfreude way - to watch him lose it over the Cowboys' demise.
I enjoy listening to Irvin. Yes, some parts are unclear but his enjoyment of his own jokes and stories is contagious. At least for the length of a radio interview.

His former teammate, Sanders is the reverse. Sanders says many more substantive things about the game, but his schtick seems trite and prepared. Though I did enjoy the game that he broadcast a few years ago.

Was it an NFL Network game where plans changed last minute and Sanders and Faulk did color commentary as substitutes? That was a good broadcast.

pbmax
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM

Hilarious!
The Packers lead the league in getting coaches fired, yes. But the Giants have knocked out more QBs. Need to get hopping on that one.

packrat
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
My dream is to have Wade replace Chilly when he is fired.