PDA

View Full Version : Christl: Rodgers/Matthews best NFC Offense/Defense combo

RashanGary
11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101108/PKR07/311080163/Baranczyk-Christl-column-Rodgers-Matthews-combo-may-be-best-out-there

Interesting argument.

Rodgers/Matthews
Brees/nobody
Eli/Osi
Vick/Cole
Cutler/Urlacher
Peterson/Allen

Brees is the best player on the list (HOF QB in prime), but Matthews and Rodgers might be #'s 2 and 3. If Cliff's playmaker theory holds water, we have a great chance at the SB, even with all of the injuries we've already sustained.

Bretsky
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101108/PKR07/311080163/Baranczyk-Christl-column-Rodgers-Matthews-combo-may-be-best-out-there

Interesting argument.

Rodgers/Matthews
Brees/nobody
Eli/Osi
Vick/Cole
Cutler/Urlacher
Peterson/Allen

Brees is the best player on the list (HOF QB in prime), but Matthews and Rodgers might be #'s 2 and 3. If Cliff's playmaker theory holds water, we have a great chance at the SB, even with all of the injuries we've already sustained.

Payton and Freeney might have an argument

denverYooper
11-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Interesting argument.

Rodgers/Matthews
Brees/nobody
Eli/Osi
Vick/Cole
Cutler/Urlacher
Peterson/Allen

The question is NFC only.

Zool
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM

Interesting argument.

Rodgers/Matthews
Brees/nobody
Eli/Osi
Vick/Cole
Cutler/Urlacher
Peterson/Allen

I know they're dumb but they have to at least know they play in the AFC dont they?

hoosier
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Interesting argument.

Rodgers/Matthews
Brees/nobody
Eli/Osi
Vick/Cole
Cutler/Urlacher
Peterson/Allen

Osi and Eli have probably been as good as Matthews and Rodgers during the first half.

mraynrand
11-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Cutler/Peppers is better than Cutler/Urlacher

ThunderDan
11-09-2010, 08:43 AM

So is Forte/Peppers. :lol:

mraynrand
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM

or Owens/Peppers! (but I think the article may specify a QB)

ThunderDan
11-09-2010, 08:58 AM

or Owens/Peppers! (but I think the article may specify a QB)

It says offensive and defensive leaders. I would still count Cutler out as a leader for the Bears.

RashanGary
11-09-2010, 10:19 AM
But yeah, the point is the Packers are at the top of the league in a category some consider to be the only category that counts (star power as it relates to playing this year, not old names from the past or overhyped guys, actual stars who dominate)

We're the most injured team in the league and according to one knowledgeable football guy, the Packers are still in the conversation for conference best.

I think it's safe to say Ted can find stars and his unwillingness to use UFA is working for this team (one of the best even though having most injuries).

Patler
11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure for this type of comparison that I would rate Rodgers as high as Crystal apparently does. Statistically, sure; but not for accomplishments. He needs a few signature wins first. Comebacks, big game wins, playoff wins, etc. He doesn't have many of those yet, although I think he is capable. Until then, they are just numbers.

And yes, I think the standard is a little different for a QB than for his counterpart on defense. The QB has more control over what goes on. They are called "field generals" for a reason.

pbmax
11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one to realize Christl has (partially) unretired and gone to work for the rival?

Just like his favorite blue player/difference maker. Like father like son.

bobblehead
11-10-2010, 05:33 AM

old cliffy always had a hard on for uhrlacher

vince
11-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Am I the only one to realize Christl has (partially) unretired and gone to work for the rival?

I suspect that, rather than manipulate a willfully ignorant public to gain his his way to the rival, Cliffy was cut. More like Harris than Favre, unless of course you have knowledge of some pics we don't know about...

Joemailman
11-10-2010, 06:54 AM

He's like a kid out there!