PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers holding onto the ball

Airin' Rodgers
11-09-2010, 12:35 PM
A lot has been made this year about Rodgers throwing more interceptions than last year, and deservedly so. But Rodgers is doing a much better job of holding on to the football so far this season.

2008: 10 Fumbles, 3 lost
2009: 10 Fumbles, 4 lost
2010: 0 fumbles, 0 lost.

Now, I'm sure this has something to do with the improved offensive line play, but when he does get sacked it's nice to see him protect the ball

ND72
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
anyone have stats on how often Rodgers has been sacked this year? I know Rodgers was sacked I think once against the Jets, but I don't remember the last time other than the Bart Scott sack that he got sacked in a game.

Airin' Rodgers
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
anyone have stats on how often Rodgers has been sacked this year? I know Rodgers was sacked I think once against the Jets, but I don't remember the last time other than the Bart Scott sack that he got sacked in a game.

Rodgers has been sacked 17 times in 9 games this year.

Eagles - 3
Bills - 0
Bears - 0
Lions - 2
Redskins - 4
Dolphins - 5
Vikings - 0
Jets - 2
Cowboys - 1

From those stats, it doesn't look like the line has been as great as we thought, although it's really two bad outliers making up for the numbers.

However, the Packers defense has accumulated 28 sacks in 9 games, which is outstanding

pbmax
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM

Eagles - 3
Bills - 0
Bears - 0
Lions - 2
Redskins - 4
Dolphins - 5
Vikings - 0
Jets - 2
Cowboys - 1

From those stats, it doesn't look like the line has been as great as we thought, although it's really two bad outliers making up for the numbers.

However, the Packers defense has accumulated 28 sacks in 9 games, which is outstanding
Not great, but below the rate of Rodgers and the O line's best performance in 2008, I think. The clock in his head will get better. You could see it with Favre when he hit veteran status and you can see it with Rodgers in the last two weeks.

I think having the same 5 lineman helps, because he trusts it more AND he can probably predict where the trouble might arise.

denverYooper
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Eagles - 3
Bills - 0
Bears - 0
Lions - 2
Redskins - 4
Dolphins - 5
Vikings - 0
Jets - 2
Cowboys - 1

The Redskins game was Bulaga's first start. He had a tougher first 2 games but has quickly become pretty solid and the line seems to have jelled lately with that same group playing every week. I think that partly explains the 4/5 sacks in those games.

gbgary
11-09-2010, 06:42 PM
A lot has been made this year about Rodgers throwing more interceptions than last year, and deservedly so. But Rodgers is doing a much better job of holding on to the football so far this season.

2008: 10 Fumbles, 3 lost
2009: 10 Fumbles, 4 lost
2010: 0 fumbles, 0 lost.

Now, I'm sure this has something to do with the improved offensive line play, but when he does get sacked it's nice to see him protect the ball

you had to kick that dog. :roll:

:)

get louder at lambeau
11-09-2010, 07:20 PM
In the Jets game I noticed him actually throwing the ball away far out of bounds once. I took note because it's pretty rare, similar to how it was rare when Faver would do it, except Rodgers holds it instead, whereas Brent usually just threw it into triple coverage. Either way, I like to see competent conservative game management out of our QB.

Sparkey
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
It seems that the receivers are actually running quicker developing routes as well, since the Miami game.

Airin' Rodgers
11-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, this turned into a sack thread, which is fine.

But I was just paying a compliment to Rodgers improvement to put two hands on the ball when taking a sack. Far too many times last year he did not have the pocket presence and got sack/fumbled. This year, there has been a huge improvement