PDA

View Full Version : Starks activated; Francois Cut

mission
11-09-2010, 04:04 PM
We really had no insight on what was going to happen here, so I guess it's a good sign. I look forward to him bringing something. 2 years off from football has been talked about as a negative, but the kool aid angle is that he should be as fresh as he's ever been. 8-)

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Activate-RB-Starks-Release-LB-Francois/b0c9fa2b-ad77-404a-b58c-712581ed0df4

vince
11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
That's a surprise to me. McCarthy consistently talked about how Starks is not ready to play. He very likely has a lot of work to do in protection, but he also has shown a propensity on video to hold the ball away from his body when he runs with it. In this league, that's a big problem.

CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
In other transactions news:

Cyril Obiozor signed to the Cardinals roster.

Breno Giacomini cut (likely back to the Seahawks practice squad as he signed Friday from practice squad).

The Lions needing a kicker signed Dave Rayner.

DeShawn Wynn has been signed to the 49'ers practice squad.

Good to see guys still getting jobs

rbaloha1
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Anxious to see Starks. Similar to Ryan Grant with less speed.

vince
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
slightly less speed but more juke and a far better pass catcher from what I've seen.

Guiness
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM

Breno Giacomini cut (likely back to the Seahawks practice squad as he signed Friday from practice squad).

DeShawn Wynn - how long is that guy going to knock around?

Since he's PS material now, the Packers must've really given up on him, since they brought in a guy like Nance instead of calling Wynn.

pbmax
11-09-2010, 06:42 PM

DeShawn Wynn - how long is that guy going to knock around?

Since he's PS material now, the Packers must've really given up on him, since they brought in a guy like Nance instead of calling Wynn.
I think Wynn got to the Saints roster when the tailbacks went down. With Bush close to returning (Pierre Thomas, last I checked seemed to have a mystery ailment with no return deadline) he might have been let go again.

SkinBasket
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Who the fuck is Breno Giacomini? Don't you mean Tony Gomes?

Fritz
11-12-2010, 06:56 AM

Who the fuck is Breno Giacomini? Don't you mean Tony Gomes?

He's one of the Guidos on Jersey Shore.