PDA

View Full Version : Tauscher to IR

Patler
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/12/packers-put-mark-tauscher-on-injured-reserve/

Tony Oday
11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Puts an end to the speculation between Bulaga and Tauscher.

Spencer playing tackle? ;)

Bossman641
11-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Is that 11 now?

Grant
Finley
Tauscher
Neal
Harrell
Barnett
Jones
Poppinga
Bell
Burnett
Martin

Tony Oday
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Is that 11 now?

Grant
Finley
Tauscher
Neal
Harrell
Barnett
Jones
Poppinga
Bell
Burnett
Martin

Grant Starter
Finley Starter
Tauscher Starter
Neal DLine rotation
Harrell DLine Rotation
Barnett Starter
Jones Starter
Poppinga OLB rotation
Bell depth
Burnett Starter
Martin Depth

6 Starters...wow...and Driver on the injury report...eep!!! Good work TT.

sheepshead
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Did I also hear Havners back???

Fosco33
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Is that the last of Tauscher then? Coming off the last injury - you got to think he'd hang them up. Amazing career for a guy that the UW coaches didn't know he had a year of eligibility left...

Patler
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Is that the last of Tauscher then? Coming off the last injury - you got to think he'd hang them up. Amazing career for a guy that the UW coaches didn't know he had a year of eligibility left...

I think he has another year on his contract, and the shoulder should be healed by spring. Maybe he will end his career as his predecessor (Earl Dotson) did, serving as a backup to his replacement. Kind of nice have Dotson there when Tauscher got hurt in 2002, even though Dotson hadn't played much in the previous two years.

Lurker64
11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
So who's the #3 OT now, is it Lang?

Joemailman
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Sure hope so. Not sure if Meredith is ready to start if needed.

Patler
11-12-2010, 06:05 PM

Apparently, because Lang and Spitz have been the active O-line backups the last few weeks. I imagine Spitz goes in for injuries at guard or center, and Lang does at tackle.

Patler
11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
These IR moves always make me look for what might influence it, especially when they have held the guy on the roster for 6 weeks with the same injury before sending him to IR. There are only 7 games left, but with playoffs hopefully they could be playing 3 months from now. So, either

- the injure is very severe, and Tauscher won't be ready for a long time, maybe requiring surgery or at least extensive rehab; and/or

- the coaches have an increased comfort level with Lang/Newhouse/McDonald.

To have hung on to Tauscher all these weeks when he couldn't have played if he had to, and now move him to IR after all that time means they didn't know the severity of his injury, and/or they were hoping against hope to get him back because they weren't content with those behind him until now.

I hope it is because Lang is playing like he did last year and Newhouse and McDonald have taken steps forward.

Lurker64
11-12-2010, 06:44 PM

We have a Meredith on our team now?

Joemailman
11-12-2010, 06:52 PM

Make that Newhouse. :oops:

pbmax
11-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Do the Packers normally have four tackles on the 53?

Clifton, Bulaga, Lang and Newhouse on the 53. And one of them may be a game day inactive. Seems thin to me.

Badgerinmaine
11-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Did I also hear Havners back???
Yup: http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101112/PKR01/101112100/Packers-put-Tauscher-on-injured-reserve
Normally I wouldn't be real eager to take on someone just cut by the Lions, but in this case I'll make an exception. :-)

Fritz
11-13-2010, 08:19 AM

Make that Newhouse. :oops:

I hope those two do not end up being equated!!

Go Newhouse!

vince
11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Tool bad. Wilde said that Tauscher said he could play. Obviously the doctors thought differently. Perhaps Tausch knew this could be his last chance. He's not too old to come back though, although his play has suffered the last few years. I'd have thought Cliffy and the knees would ultimately break down before Tausch would.

channtheman
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Yup: http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101112/PKR01/101112100/Packers-put-Tauscher-on-injured-reserve
Normally I wouldn't be real eager to take on someone just cut by the Lions, but in this case I'll make an exception. :-)

YEAH!!! I can bust out the homemade Havner jersey again!

vince
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Wilde reiterated today that Tauscher maintains that he could be playing. He did acknowledge that he would need offseason surgery, but could be available to start and/or back-up for the remainder of this season had he not been IR'd.

hoosier
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Wilde reiterated today that Tauscher maintains that he could be playing. He did acknowledge that he would need offseason surgery, but could be available to start and/or back-up for the remainder of this season had he not been IR'd.

In view of his very mediocre performance this season before the injury it was not at all surprising to see him put on IR. Presumably the staff didn't have any confidence that a recovering Tauscher would be any better than the pre-injury version. He is also the first OL to go on IR this season for the Pack, and OL was the last Packer unit (aside from QB) to be hit by the season-ending injury bug. If it had to happen I am glad it wasn't Clifton, Sitton or Bulaga.

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
One more move of out with the old, in with the new.

MadScientist
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Along those lines, Wilde said that after Harris was released, a player texted him wandering if he would be next. I guessing now that the player was Tauscher, and the answer is basically yes.

In reality, he may have been able to gut it out and play, but likely would not have been as effective, and someone would soon find out how to exploit the injury. If he was just hanging around in case of a desperate need, the roster space is better used for Frankenbacker.

MichiganPackerFan
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I do hope Tausch is back next season, even in a backup capacity. To lose Harris and Tausch in the same week hurts my Packer fan soul. Will truly miss them both if this is the end of the packer days.

MadScientist
11-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I do hope Tausch is back next season, even in a backup capacity. To lose Harris and Tausch in the same week hurts my Packer fan soul. Will truly miss them both if this is the end of the packer days.

Not to kill your hope too much, but this was from today's presser:

Tackle Mark Tauscher, placed on injured reserve last week, will have surgery on his right shoulder on Tuesday. "This was clearly a medical decision," McCarthy said. "Mark made a lot of progress week to week. It just got to the point where it was in Mark's best interest to have the surgery. I don't think we would have been able to get Mark to the point where he would have been able to play with the harness. He made a lot of progress. Give Mark a ton of credit for trying to play with the injury. ... We asked him to stay a part of it in the meetings and travel with the team and so forth. ... Mark Tauscher is still a big part of our football team. ... We felt it was in Mark's best interest to have the surgery. It's part of the game. Mark has had a tremendous career. ... It's also the path of our season. Injuries do occur. At some point, careers do come to an end."

The last line makes it look like Taucher is done, but the stuff about staying with the team and in meetings sounds like they are grooming him for a coaching position.

MichiganPackerFan
11-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Not to kill your hope too much, but this was from today's presser:

The last line makes it look like Taucher is done, but the stuff about staying with the team and in meetings sounds like they are grooming him for a coaching position.

I'm pretty sure there is a vacancy at the Offensive Line Coach.

swede
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a vacancy at the Offensive Line Coach.

If you meant the irony you intended I congratulate you for the good laugh and it gives new meaning to the idea of a coaching vacancy.

I remember when Brett congratulated one of his lineman for a job well done by pointing out "Way to overcome your coaching!"

MichiganPackerFan
11-16-2010, 08:15 AM
If you meant the irony you intended I congratulate you for the good laugh and it gives new meaning to the idea of a coaching vacancy.

I remember when Brett congratulated one of his lineman for a job well done by pointing out "Way to overcome your coaching!"

Glad you enjoyed it!!