PDA

View Full Version : What happened in New Jersey???

Guiness
11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone see the the Giants/Cowboys game? What happened there?

Giants largely considered to be the cream of the NFC, and the 1-7 Cowboys roll over them? Wow.

Also, in the 'it's just wrong' category, I see the new Giants/Jets football stadium is being called the 'New Medowlands'. How campy is that? Couldn't come up with a new name? Just because you call it the Medowlands, doesn't mean it is.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I guess Wade was holding them back.

pbmax
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Cowboys played like you would expect them to play from last year. Plus Kitna had time and was accurate. Bryant is not easily covered.

They made a limited amount of mistakes and the defense looked like a different unit even after losing two CBs in the first half, and apparently having only two (one a rookie) for the rest of the game. I don't trust the Giants offense, except for Hicks who is a big guy, there isn't much that scares you except getting bowled over by the run game. Eli makes enough mistakes to keep you in it.

sheepshead
11-15-2010, 06:54 AM
I relate this to my criticism of MM over the last few years as opposed to the TTDS (Ted Thompson Derangement Syndrome) that is pervasive over these forums. It is a good example of the impact a coach can have. You see it at all levels. I dont know that it will continue in D but I do know I have seen the Packers not play to their potential more often then not these past few years and it has nothing to do with the general manager.

Administrator
11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
I relate this to my criticism of MM over the last few years as opposed to the TTDS (Ted Thompson Derangement Syndrome) that is pervasive over these forums. It is a good example of the impact a coach can have. You see it at all levels. I dont know that it will continue in D but I do know I have seen the Packers not play to their potential more often then not these past few years and it has nothing to do with the general manager.

So, if I ask you who hired McCarthy, am I guilty of TTDS?

ThunderDan
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
People in Dallas are claiming that Garrett purposely tanked the offense to get Wade fired. Then upped the O after Wade was gone.

sheepshead
11-15-2010, 08:46 AM
No, but the hiring of a head coach isnt up to just one man. We'll never know for instance who nixed Sean Payton over Mike Mccarthy. I've never been impressed with Justin Harrell either but I still think TT is one of the best GMs in football.

channtheman
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
People in Dallas are claiming that Garrett purposely tanked the offense to get Wade fired. Then upped the O after Wade was gone.

Interesting. My dad asked the same question yesterday. I wonder if there is any truth to that.

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Interesting. My dad asked the same question yesterday. I wonder if there is any truth to that.

It could be that Wade wouldn't allow some of the offense that Garrett wanted to run. Wade being gone gave him the freedom to do the offense he's wanted to.

red
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
its always nice when a brand new billion dollar stadium blows a fuse on the main generator, then the back up, blows up, resulting in a total blackout and a 15 minute stoppage

top notch

Scott Campbell
11-15-2010, 11:13 AM
But it's probably still under warranty.

swede
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
its always nice when a brand new billion dollar stadium blows a fuse on the main generator, then the back up, blows up, resulting in a total blackout and a 15 minute stoppage

top notch

Good thing there was an Ace Hardware nearby.

Guiness
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Cowboys played like you would expect them to play from last year. Plus Kitna had time and was accurate. Bryant is not easily covered.

They made a limited amount of mistakes and the defense looked like a different unit even after losing two CBs in the first half, and apparently having only two (one a rookie) for the rest of the game. I don't trust the Giants offense, except for Hicks who is a big guy, there isn't much that scares you except getting bowled over by the run game. Eli makes enough mistakes to keep you in it.

So you buy into the 'most talented team' schtick?

pbmax
11-15-2010, 09:23 PM

But this is like claiming Sterger released the photos to trip up the Vikes for the Jets game. It all sounds connected until you look at the parts. The most disappointing part of the Dallas team was its defense with Phillips as its coordinator. And the team had definite O line trouble to account for the running game decline.

Iron Mike
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM

top notch

I think that someone had to pull the breaker due to the fact that Joe Buck wanted to fellate Troy Aikman in the booth.........just sayin'.

ThunderDan
11-16-2010, 08:31 AM
But this is like claiming Sterger released the photos to trip up the Vikes for the Jets game. It all sounds connected until you look at the parts. The most disappointing part of the Dallas team was its defense with Phillips as its coordinator. And the team had definite O line trouble to account for the running game decline.

Not saying it make sense. Just reporting what I have heard. An O Coordinator is not going to purposely tank in the NFL. It could have just as easily been Garrett's ass kicked to the curb as Wade.

Zool
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
The Giants played bad and were still 2 bad Eli passes away from a W. The INT in the end zone returned for a TD was huge.

mmmdk
11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
What happened in Jersey; stays in Jersey.

MJZiggy
11-16-2010, 09:13 PM
No, but the hiring of a head coach isnt up to just one man. We'll never know for instance who nixed Sean Payton over Mike Mccarthy. I've never been impressed with Justin Harrell either but I still think TT is one of the best GMs in football.

I thought Payton chose NO over us.

Joemailman
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Payton has said he wanted the Green Bay job. DC Greg Williams chose New Orleans over Green Bay.