PDA

View Full Version : This is not football related, but is very very important

SkinBasket
11-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I will have an announcement soon.

On a related note, can someone tell me if the 403 problem is being resolved? I posted it in the "I wish the forum did this" thread (but as something I wished the forum didn't do, wasn't that clever?), but I can't read anything beyond page 1 due to the 403 problem. So instead of a catch 22, it's a reacharound 403.

Lurker64
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Protip for getting around the 403 thing in the "I wish this forum..." thread.

If you post in the thread, it will get you to the last page.
If someone has posted in that thread since you last read it there will be a blue icon next to the thread title in the forum view, clicking that will get you to the last page.

Joemailman
11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Joe is aware of the 403 problem. See page 10 of the Welcome! thread.

Patler
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM

On a related note, can someone tell me if the 403 problem is being resolved? I posted it in the "I wish the forum did this" thread (but as something I wished the forum didn't do, wasn't that clever?), but I can't read anything beyond page 1 due to the 403 problem. So instead of a catch 22, it's a reacharound 403.

I have the same problem, and just posted it as a reply in that thread. What IS a "403 problem"??

Scott Campbell
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM
The suspense is killing me.

Joe
11-16-2010, 10:07 PM

I wasn't able to view page 4 of the thread and actually got the error. Then, I went back to the main forum page, and clicked on the little blue "new post" icon and it took me to page 4 and I could then view the whole thread.

Still trying to figure out what is wrong. Give that a try and see if it works. I have a question into tech support.

Joemailman
11-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Skin is eloping with his life partner Partial.

pbmax
11-16-2010, 10:08 PM
In addition to Lurker's "Blue Circle with two down arrows immediately to the right of the Thread Title" button that will get you past the error if someone has posted since you last read the thread, there is also another blue button on the far right, just after the last post time stamp. Its also blue (perhaps a clue to the 403 error [color scheme unclear, all buttons same color]) and rectangular but with two right facing arrows. It will take you to the very last post, even if you have already read it.

pbmax
11-16-2010, 10:10 PM

Have you and Partial reconciled?

MichiganPackerFan
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
The suspense is killing me.

I wish it would hurry up and finish already. (god i've heard THAT too many times :D

MadScientist
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
For the 403 error, you can also get around it by increasing the number of posts per page to 40.

pbmax
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Go to Settings (top right of screen) -> Scroll down, left side under My Account hit General Settings -> Scroll down to Thread Display Options -> Change the number and hit Save Changes at bottom of page.

pbmax
11-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Or for the truly OCD, click the blue with white arrows (right pointing) last post icon near the time stamp.

Look at URL. Look for last section that has this format "p=549938#post549938".

First number is a reference to page to display. Second number is post to display. Start subtracting each number by 1 and click enter or go. Rinse, lather, repeat. Eventually you will hit a post number on the inaccessible Page 2, 3, etc. Or you will go slowly insane.

hoosier
11-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Or just take a page out of Howie's book and shoot your computer.