PDA

View Full Version : What to Watch For

ND72
11-17-2010, 12:25 PM
So as I sat in Lambeau for the first Packer Viking game, I became more and more angry with the fact that on pretty much every play the Queens had on offense, Clay Matthews was being held. I think they called it once, but it could have been called at least 10 times if not more when it was more than obvious. I'm all for letting people play, but when you take away our opportunity to do what we do when the other team is using illegal tactics, come on man!

Guiness
11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
You ARE ND72, right? The OL guy? Who I think might've even coached OL?

Makes me laugh that you'd post this...there is, of course, holding on every play. Is there more of it on CM? Probably.

Now for my non-objective response - ya, it sucks that CM seems to get held like a prom date at times. The last game vs Minnesota was certainly the worst example. Hopefully he'll start to get some calls as he gets more recognition.

ND72
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
You ARE ND72, right? The OL guy? Who I think might've even coached OL?

Makes me laugh that you'd post this...there is, of course, holding on every play. Is there more of it on CM? Probably.

Now for my non-objective response - ya, it sucks that CM seems to get held like a prom date at times. The last game vs Minnesota was certainly the worst example. Hopefully he'll start to get some calls as he gets more recognition.

First day of football is teaching how to properly hold... :-)

Yeah, I know I'm an OL guy, and I know holding happens all the time. But I can remember 3 specific plays where Clay has his arms in the air trying to get someone to see has his jersey is being pulled off of him, but not flag was thrown.

MadScientist
11-17-2010, 12:57 PM
The only one they called was when the OL guy nearly ripped CM's head off. Chilly bitched about it after the game, but the league gave him a stfu by fining the guy for such a flagrant facemask. Apparently that is what it takes to get a call.

Guiness
11-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Did you see the video of highlights from the Dallas game, the part where he talks about getting his hair greasy? I would guess he does that so it doesn't fly around, and it can't be grabbed.

My advice to him is to use whatever he does to get his hair greasy all over his body! (be nice now, lady rats)

swede
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I looked for the officiating assignment for this week, but it is not out yet.

What possible reason is there for not assigning crews several weeks in advance?

Is it a gambling thing to avoid tampering, or is it just the NFL being secretive and dark?

Joemailman
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
here's what I'll be watching for.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/winonadailynews.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/5/c4/2d0/5c42d0d0-a11d-5c11-9c1b-5397ce9d21c7-revisions/4cc47fddc5d61.image.jpg

gbgary
11-17-2010, 07:41 PM
yes the holding on him was ridiculous. i don't think he can be any more high-profile than he is now. he's got to get the calls this week.

bobblehead
11-17-2010, 07:47 PM
it wasn't just the holding, but the hands to the face. it reminded me of reggie vs. dallas back in the day. i wish i had taken martial arts before i played OL as the knowledge of directing the head to take away the power is very valuable....especially if you can get away with it.

ND72
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
it wasn't just the holding, but the hands to the face. it reminded me of reggie vs. dallas back in the day. i wish i had taken martial arts before i played OL as the knowledge of directing the head to take away the power is very valuable....especially if you can get away with it.

I just pancaked everyone..

MJZiggy
11-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Did you see the video of highlights from the Dallas game, the part where he talks about getting his hair greasy? I would guess he does that so it doesn't fly around, and it can't be grabbed.

My advice to him is to use whatever he does to get his hair greasy all over his body! (be nice now, lady rats)

I thought he was just dumping water on it. Works fine in October, but he may have another opinion in January.