PDA

View Full Version : Update on fergy

red
08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
packer news has a little line that says fergies agent wasn't even aware that he missed the scrimage

The agent for receiver Robert Ferguson said he didn't know his client missed Saturday's scrimmage for personal reasons. The Packers said only that he missed because of a family matter. "I didn't know that (he missed it), actually," agent Brian Overstreet said. McCarthy said he wasn't upset by Ferguson's absence: "It's a family matter, he needs to be where he is."

wouldn't the agent know if there was a death in the family? and wouldn't a good agent be there with his client at that time?

then again wouldn't the agent know if robert was being held out because of an upcoming trade?

i guess as long as MM says its ok, then its ok. i just find it odd that an agent has no clue where his client is

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I think you are reading too much into it. It could be that it was a last minute thing. Some players and their agents are tight. Others aren't. Maybe Ferguson's agent is not the first person he calls in an emergency.

the_idle_threat
08-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Maybe we're getting a bit of disinformation while a deal is in the works. I can only hope ...

Willard
08-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I think you are reading too much into it. It could be that it was a last minute thing. Some players and their agents are tight. Others aren't. Maybe Ferguson's agent is not the first person he calls in an emergency.

So unlike the Warren Moon/Leigh Steinberg relationship, Agent Brian Overstreet is an unlikely choice to give the introductory speech when Ferguson is inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame? :wink:

gbpackfan
08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Fergie and a third round pick for Porter?

woodbuck27
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
This felt like a trade involving Robert Ferguson, just as soon as I was aware that he wasn't at Sat's Family Night scrimmage.

Robert Ferguson is so on the trading block, Packer fans.Too much points to that.

Let's hope it is a trade for NOW.

GO PACKERS !

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Woody i'm gonna have to disagree. The Fraud's gonna be a "lifer" in green bay.

woodbuck27
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Woody i'm gonna have to disagree. The Fraud's gonna be a "lifer" in green bay.

My ** Irish - says no Partial.

** Strong gut feeling, that he's as good as gone.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH in 2006 !!!

Bossman641
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I think you're all reading way too much into this.
I'd guess that Fergy got a late call about a sickness/death in the family and immediately hopped on a plane after informing McCarthy without talking to his agent.

MadtownPacker
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Who cares about missing Family Night!!

I want to knwo where he was in 2005 when he had a starting gig and no walker to have to share catches with. He needs to take a pay cut and stay on STs.

red
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
the thing that makes me think there isn't a trade in the works, and thats not why he missed is because when they were giving away players jersies to the crowd after the game they gave away a fergy driver.

would you really give away a jersey of a guy you're going to trade with all the other fan favorites?

woodbuck27
08-07-2006, 12:09 PM
the thing that makes me think there isn't a trade in the works, and thats not why he missed is because when they were giving away players jersies to the crowd after the game they gave away a fergy driver.

would you really give away a jersey of a guy you're going to trade with all the other fan favorites?

Can any of us read T2 clearly yet? He's a different fella.

I'm going to see what's spinning out there, to see if it may reflect on this issue.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH in 2006 !!!

retailguy
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM

Ted Thompson would trade his mother if he thought she'd bring a draft pick.

BlueBrewer
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM

TT is so cheap he was probably giving those away because he can't sell them anymore. There was probably a few Walker and Flannigan jersey's in there too.

TPF
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
If we got Porter that'd be great.

Tarlam!
08-07-2006, 02:54 PM
This is a premier:

I fully agree the 'buck on this. Never thought I'd ever type those words... :oops:

I think Fergie has been beaten out for 2nd, he knows it. The organisation knows it.

Furthermore, I think if he plays ST, he will be a star; but, doing that in GB is the equivalent of a major demotion. Thus, he will prosper as an ST player not in the NFC North.

TPF
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM
He's a ST player, nothing more.

falco
08-07-2006, 05:36 PM
There was a time when it would have been worthwhile to trade Ferguson...now I can't see anyone wanting him.

BooHoo
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
There was a time when it would have been worthwhile to trade Ferguson...now I can't see anyone wanting him.

I don't think we would get much for him. He is a good player but no show stopper. Would someone give a fourth or fifth rounder for him???

Bretsky
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I'd say a 6th tops, and I'm not even sure other GM's would value him there.
Classic underachiever who probably needs a change of scenery to flash greatness for two plays and disappoint for the rest of the year.

BooHoo
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I'd say a 6th tops, and I'm not even sure other GM's would value him there.
Classic underachiever who probably needs a change of scenery to flash greatness for two plays and disappoint for the rest of the year.

I have not been impressed with Fergy. I am thinking he will not contribute much this season.

the_idle_threat
08-07-2006, 10:58 PM
We know Fergie's a turd, but other teams see his size and speed and draft position and think "maybe he just needs a change of scenery."

Remember when Sherman fleeced the Raiders for a 5th and a 6th in exchange for Marques "Whiff" Anderson?

Two days later, the Cheifs fleeced Sherman for a 5th and 6th in exchange for R-Kal Turdluck.

I thought Sherman was a good GM for exactly two days.

To his credit, he did get a late round pick from the Colts in exchange for Jamal Reynolds. Probably was the one we used to draft Craig Bragg.

Spaulding
08-08-2006, 08:50 AM
No way is Fergie worth even a 6th if the Broncos can only get a 4th for Lelie. Not that Lelie is that great but he's light years ahead of Fergie in terms of production and at least merits being a #2. Can't imagine a team would give up any draft choice unless their hand is forced by a plague of injuries to get Fergie. We're stuck with him until we cut bait.

If Thompson gets anything for him in trade I'll sing his praises.

Sigh, if only we'd have taken Chambers instead.....

Guiness
08-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I wondered how far into this thread it would take someone to bring up Chambers :lol:

Nah, can't see getting much for him. Best we could've done prolly would've been last TC, when the Iggies were apparently looking at him.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I wondered how far into this thread it would take someone to bring up Chambers :lol:

Nah, can't see getting much for him. Best we could've done prolly would've been last TC, when the Iggies were apparently looking at him.

Nice to see you are back Guiness. :mrgreen:

Guiness
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
tx Woody - not really back - I'm overseas working. Knew TC was starting, so found a a connection for a bit to see what was going on here!

Lare
08-08-2006, 06:47 PM

The time to trade Ferguson was when the Eagles were in dire need of a receiver and supposedly made an offer for him. We refused and after a year with no production and no excuses for it, Ferguson's trade value is now virtually nonexistent. At this point, any draft pick would be a gift in return, as will the day when we can erase his over-inflated salary off the books.

CaptainKickass
08-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Did Fergie return to practice yet?

red
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Did Fergie return to practice yet?

i think he has, i know he's explained to the media that he was gone for the funneral of his aunt. i'm guessing he gave the interview after a practice

mraynrand
08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
"would you really give away a jersey of a guy you're going to trade with all the other fan favorites?"

----

I'm certain someone probably needs to wax their car, polish their shoes, turn it inside out to use as a paint smock, clean up after the dog, etc....