PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Other Games Thread

denverYooper
11-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Go Fins!

MadScientist
11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Is there a better stream than the pieces on NFL.com?

Packgator
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Is there a better stream than the pieces on NFL.com?

http://www.iilemi.com/

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Thanks

steve823
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM
First time I saw Al Harris tonight .. Earl Bennet makes a move on him and gets the first down (it was 3rd down). Looks like Al isn't too fluid out there

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Agreed. Al looks pretty slow out there.

gbgary
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
marshall just went down with a hammy. if miami wasn't in trouble before they're doomed now. as for al...saw him in the lockeroom after the tennesee game...there isn't an ounce of bodyfat on that guy.

channtheman
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
I love Al Harris, but I am so glad we don't have him on our team. He is slower and now he doesn't have any mobility either. The guy can't make a cut (which is understandable), and there is no way he would contribute to the Packers defense.

mission
11-18-2010, 08:57 PM
hearing millen talk about marinelli being the best coach he's ever known is hilarious... everyone in the booth is silent and then (i think) theisman says "and he was your coach at detroit". too funny.

can't stand nfl network's broadcasting.. eisen is the only one worth a damn, but at least the guys pick on millen at every opportunity.

mission
11-18-2010, 09:00 PM
marshall just went down with a hammy. if miami wasn't in trouble before they're doomed now. as for al...saw him in the lockeroom after the tennesee game...there isn't an ounce of bodyfat on that guy.

Of course this happened at the exact moment I told my wife "he's on my (main fantasy) team!". Then he grabs his leg -- f'n great. Heh

gbgary
11-18-2010, 09:01 PM
hearing millen talk about marinelli being the best coach he's ever known is hilarious... everyone in the booth is silent and then (i think) theisman says "and he was your coach at detroit". too funny.

can't stand nfl network's broadcasting.. eisen is the only one worth a damn, but at least the guys pick on millen at every opportunity.

you got that right. that bob papa is terrible.

gbgary
11-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Of course this happened at the exact moment I told my wife "he's on my (main fantasy) team!". Then he grabs his leg -- f'n great. Heh

LOL

mission
11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
you got that right. that bob papa is terrible.

where did he even come from? i just got dtv. did he have a gig last year? first time i heard the name i thought some sort of joke was coming up.

gbgary
11-18-2010, 09:19 PM
where did he even come from? i just got dtv. did he have a gig last year? first time i heard the name i thought some sort of joke was coming up.

he was there, on nfl network, the last couple of years. he's the radio play by play voice of the new york giants for the last 15 years. no wonder no one's heard of him.

MadScientist
11-18-2010, 10:17 PM

Belated thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately no thanks to the fins for that mess.

CaptainKickass
11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
The fish made the bears look like a team on the rise

Bossman641
11-18-2010, 11:06 PM
How does Miami only give Williams and Brown 3 carries a piece? The game was close through the end of the 3rd quarter. Wouldn't you want to keep the ball out of Thigpen's hands as much as possible? Just stupid.

Pugger
11-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Now the MN game for us is doubly important. If we screw it up and lose that game Chicago will be up 2 games on us. Unfortunately our upcoming schedule is more brutal than the bares so we can't afford to fall much further behind or it won't matter what happens when we play them on Jan. 2nd. Chicago will win the North and chances are we won't even make it as a wild card. :-(

vince
11-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Pug,
Check the Bears schedule again. They play their three NFC North rivals on the road yet, plus the Eagles, Pats and Jets. It doesn't get more brutal than that. Granted Minnesota and the Lions might pack it in by then, but we play each of those teams too...

There's a lot of football left and the Packers are starting to get their groove on...

vince
11-19-2010, 04:07 AM
How does Miami only give Williams and Brown 3 carries a piece? The game was close through the end of the 3rd quarter. Wouldn't you want to keep the ball out of Thigpen's hands as much as possible? Just stupid.

That IS a head scratcher. Granted the Bears are tough to run on, but Thigpen looked terrible. He was just unprepared and then without Marshall, who was dropping balls before he got hurt, the Dolphins had absolutely nothing.

vince
11-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Pug,
Check the Bears schedule again. They play their three NFC North rivals on the road yet, plus the Eagles, Pats and Jets. It doesn't get more brutal than that. Granted Minnesota and the Lions might pack it in by then, but we play each of those teams too...

There's a lot of football left and the Packers are starting to get their groove on...
And I missed the Giants on the Bears' schedule... Not an easy road...

vince
11-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Nevermind the last post. The Bears have obviously already been beaten by the Giants.

vince
11-19-2010, 05:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?page=wojciechowski/101119&sportCat=nfl

Grisly truth: Bears are lucky (if not good)
The way things are going for the Bears, Michael Vick will quit football to become national spokesperson for the Humane Society; the Lions will forfeit; Tom Brady will skip the Bears game so he can compete in a hair-off with Troy Polamalu; the Vikings will stage an anti-Chilly boycott; Rex Ryan will suffer a M&Ms overdose and Aaron Rodgers will injure himself while doing the Lambeau Leap.

RashanGary
11-19-2010, 07:11 AM
That's why most of were rooting for the Vikings to beat the Bears last week. On the bright side, we get a Vikings team with nohting to play for and a ton of adversity. On the down side, the Bears are going to make this thing a race. This could easily come down to week 16.

3irty1
11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
The Bears' luck is pretty frustrating. They keep getting teams at minimum strength and when they themselves are all beat up, Carolina pops up on the schedule to bail them out. Last week I was one of the people rooting for the Bears to beat the Vikings but I'm regretting my choice. The Bears are better than I gave them credit for (at least on defense) and the Vikings are much less dangerous than I feared.

denverYooper
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
That IS a head scratcher. Granted the Bears are tough to run on, but Thigpen looked terrible. He was just unprepared and then without Marshall, who was dropping balls before he got hurt, the Dolphins had absolutely nothing.

Agreed. They were terrible on offense. Didn't help that their line was banged up and Thigpen looked like Derek Anderson with a slightly better arm.

denverYooper
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
It's good for football if the Bears do well.

denverYooper
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
The Bears' luck is pretty frustrating. They keep getting teams at minimum strength and when they themselves are all beat up, Carolina pops up on the schedule to bail them out. Last week I was one of the people rooting for the Bears to beat the Vikings but I'm regretting my choice. The Bears are better than I gave them credit for (at least on defense) and the Vikings are much less dangerous than I feared.

This. The Bears D deserves credit for playing well but the team is having a charmed season to this point. The way things are going, the Giants will injure Vick on Sunday so the FIBs won't have to face him the following week.

ThunderDan
11-19-2010, 12:30 PM

If you look at the rest of the Bears schedule they don't have a guaranteed victory the rest of the year. I can easily see them finishing the year 1-5. That get's them to 8-8. Where I can see the Vikes finishing 4-3 to get to 7-9. If BF gets "straight" again they could end up 8-8.

steve823
11-19-2010, 01:09 PM
For those of you who think the Bears schedule is easy...just look at it:

Eagles - arguably best team in NFL right now (wouldn't be surprised to see blowout here)
@Lions - Lions are a decent team this year and will give Bears a run for their money
Patriots - Bill Belicheck > Bears defense .. if Pats get Early lead its over
@Vikings - While Vikings suck this year, playing them at the Metro Dome is always a threat
Jets - Dominant team that I could see their defense abusing Cutler
@Packers - Do I need to comment on this one ? Best rivalry in football and never an easy win for either team.

Not one of those games is easy. They'll be lucky to win more than 2.

Guiness
11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
As long as the luck doesn't continue the way it did in '01. They drove me nuts that year, stumbling their way to 13-3. Although one good thing did come of that season, they decided Jim Miller was the future and gave him a big contract :)

Bossman641
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
The Bears are certainly living a charmed life right now.

Their road schedule has been an absolute joke

NYG
Dallas
Buffalo - NOT EVEN AT BUFFALO!!!
Miami – With no Marshall, 3rd string QB and Center, injured Jake Long
Carolina

1 good team in the Giants, 3 of the worst teams in the league, and a beat up Miami team that would have lost to a college team. Compare that to us playing at Philly, NYJ, ATL, and NE.

The one good thing that could come out of this is that Angelo and Lovie stick around for a while longer.

And if you want to see something extremely lame…..
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c3ad5a/Peppers-gets-his-second-sack

Peppers, how about you get your own damn celebration!!!

vince
11-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Listen to Theismann and Millen in that video talking about how decimated the Dolphins' line is and how the Bears are facing a buch of scrubs.

"It's not who you play, it's when you play 'em."

They're not playing the Dolphins. They're facing a bunch of others."

denverYooper
11-19-2010, 04:59 PM
The Bears are certainly living a charmed life right now.

Their road schedule has been an absolute joke

Compare that to us playing at Philly, NYJ, ATL, and NE.

Win Win Win Win!

We are no worse than .500 on that tough road sked. Those NE/ATL games will be tough -- Brady has a 24 game win streak at home and Ryan is 18-1 in the GA dome. Brutal, but I feel we'll pull one of those off. They can both be had through the air and I think GB's passing game will get it done in at least one of those contests.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
well...i take it back. mark sanchez is...ok. lol

mmmdk
11-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I put money on a Packer win - all good.

Also put money on Titans win - frek!

easy cheesy
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I put money on a Packer win - all good.

Also put money on Titans win - frek!

I was going with the Titans too! Blechhhh.... my friend is a Skins fan and I guess at least he has a little bit of redemption in this overtime win to try and emotionally eradicate the debacle that was last week's game..... ***sigh***.... going for Giants over Eagles tonight....

Packgator
11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Moss with zero catches. Did he play?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM

Yep, don't criticize him though, he just wants to have fun.

easy cheesy
11-21-2010, 04:02 PM

With himself and without finesse or ability..... when I think of the Titans the name "Moss" never enters my mind... meh... my bet was made before all of the ensuing nonsense.....

mmmdk
11-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Lynch just fumbled....again!

pbmax
11-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Colts almost came back on the Patriots again. Down 31-14, they scored twice in four minutes and were inside the Pats 30 looking for the go ahead TD. Manning got pressured and either read the routes wrong or had to change his normal throw. INT. Game over.

packerbacker1234
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
So like, David Akers totally just false started on a FG. Are you telling me Kickers can't false start? I've seen QB's get called for it, though it's really rare.

Guiness
11-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Asante Samuel just cost himself $15 large.

Led with his helmet, heard the click over the TV.

channtheman
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Travis Beckum just caught a TD for the Giants.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
haven't watched the ny/philly game at all (i'm watching fc dallas/colorado) but i noticed it's 17-13 ny. how have they defensed vick?

gbgary
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
stupid manning fumbles the game away. lol

Lurker64
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
That fumble by Eli is one of the funniest things I've seen today since the Vikings lost by 4 touchdowns. He scrambles for a first down, slides head first, and then just lets go of the ball...

gbgary
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
manning's oversized helmet looks ridiculous.

http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/media/News/megamind-art.jpg

channtheman
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
LMAO at the Philly clock manager who stops the clock with 1 second.

pbmax
11-21-2010, 10:56 PM
haven't watched the ny/philly game at all (i'm watching fc dallas/colorado) but i noticed it's 17-13 ny. how have they defensed vick?

They are rushing very wide from the right and blitzing up the middle, trying to force him to run to his right, where, if Collingsworth is to be believed, he is least likely to pass.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 11:11 PM
They are rushing very wide from the right and blitzing up the middle, trying to force him to run to his right, where, if Collingsworth is to be believed, he is least likely to pass.

thanks!

gbgary
11-22-2010, 09:00 PM
i think patrick crayton just broke his wrist.