PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown in Minneapolis?

Kiwon
11-19-2010, 05:11 AM
Just imagine it's late in the first quarter with the Packers leading 14-0.

Farve throws a pick.

Which faction in the Metrodome is booing louder - those ragging on Farve or those screaming for Childress to be fired?

Either way, it's a nice picture, right?

wist43
11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
That place is just such an awful place to play though... even when we come out of there with a win, I feel a little dirty. Maybe it's the atmospheric pressure in there, but IMO it is the worst sporting venue ever constructed by man.

ND72
11-19-2010, 10:13 AM
We played at the Metrodome every season to end the year, NSIC Classic..used to be the WIAC vs. NSIC Classic...anyway, I will never forget walking through the tunnel and out onto the field. When you walked out, you literally saw the sheet of plywood, sitting on top of concrete, with a 3 inch piece of carpet on top of it...and that was it. Now that was before they put the new turf in, which that turf is really nice, but it's still a crappy stadium. In my few games up there, and then going to watch Winona State play there after, it's just crap. I can't believe they played a Super Bowl there.

Fritz
11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
We played at the Metrodome every season to end the year, NSIC Classic..used to be the WIAC vs. NSIC Classic...anyway, I will never forget walking through the tunnel and out onto the field. When you walked out, you literally saw the sheet of plywood, sitting on top of concrete, with a 3 inch piece of carpet on top of it...and that was it. Now that was before they put the new turf in, which that turf is really nice, but it's still a crappy stadium. In my few games up there, and then going to watch Winona State play there after, it's just crap. I can't believe they played a Super Bowl there.

ND...your signature - "And Hope does not disappoint."

Could you introduce me to her?

Cheesehead Craig
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
It's in full meltdown mode.

Favre's essentially quit.
The DL is calling out the DBs
Shiancoe's calling out some players without saying names

All this and the coaches are nowhere to be found. Life is fun here in MN.

swede
11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
ND...your signature - "And Hope does not disappoint."

Could you introduce me to her?

Fritz, forget about Hope. It's almost Christmas. Time to start feeling Merry.

Fritz
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d81c4d3f9/Did-Vikings-give-up-in-rout-vs-Packers

KABOOM!!!!

vince
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/vikings-mum-on-childress/

Vikings mum on Childress
Posted by Mike Florio on November 21, 2010, 8:09 PM EST

I invaded the Football Night in America set earlier tonight, and in case you missed it, here’s what I said before they brought out the big hook.

A week after Vikings owner Zygi Wilf reportedly said after a loss to the Bears that coach Brad Childress is safe, the organization has clammed up tighter than Barry Bonds’ trainer. We tried, multiple ways through multiple avenues, and the answer was the same.

The Vikings are saying nothing.

And the team’s decision to say nothing likely says everything. Frankly, it’s likely a question of “when” not “if,” and the “when” may be coming soon.

At a time when the Vikings are preparing to make a push for a new stadium, they need public support desperately. Right now, they don’t have it, as the “Fire Childress!” chant confirmed during today’s 31-3 debacle against the Packers.

They can get it, and get it quickly, by giving the mob what the mob wants. After being outscored 58-16 in the past two weeks, it’s hard to come up with any good reasons not to pull the trigger.