PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving...

SkinBasket
11-20-2010, 08:09 AM
...the state. This spring. So I'll have plenty of time to prepare for next season. How do you idiots who live outside of WI normally view the games? Also, does anyone want to accept the thrilling invitation to hang out with the skinbasket in Cincinnati sometime?

Little Whiskey
11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
how is nutz taking the news? poor guy is going to be heart broken!

Scott Campbell
11-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Is this a voluntary move, or have you been expelled?

When they're good, most of the games are televised. Otherwise you pony up for the NFL ticket.

channtheman
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Fuckin deceiving thread title. I was about to have a party.

Oh and yeah NFL ticket is the way to go.

MJZiggy
11-20-2010, 09:58 PM
NFL Ticket, though I'm considering dumping it 'cause it's cheaper in the long run to hang out at the sports bar (that only works because I'd be dumping cable too).

MadtownPacker
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
how is nutz taking the news? poor guy is going to be heart broken!
Dont be more of a dumbass than usual. Nutz is going with him. Just hope that old hooptie truck makes it.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/071024/brokeback_l.jpg

SkinBasket
11-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Fuckin deceiving thread title. I was about to have a party.

Oh and yeah NFL ticket is the way to go.

Is this nfl ticket a direct Tv thing then?

SkinBasket
11-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I guess I'll just post again since enabling editing must be a multi-week task.

Does anyone use torrents to watch the games? if so, is the quality acceptable?

HowardRoark
11-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Just go to a Packer bar.....or else buy the NFL ticket thing. Problem with the bar thing is you end up eating all that crap and getting drunk in the middle of the day, and then you won't be able to drink your bottle of wine with your cheese cubes for dinner.

http://www.fanloop.com/sportsbar/50757/Gil%27s-Place/Packers-Sports-Bar-Cincinnati-OH.html

I hear the chili is good.

red
11-21-2010, 11:28 AM
NFL Ticket, though I'm considering dumping it 'cause it's cheaper in the long run to hang out at the sports bar (that only works because I'd be dumping cable too).

its only cheaper for you at a bar because you're a woman. you can just let a boob hang out and you get to drink for free all game long

that doesn't work for guys. and i'm guessing that letting things hang out is the reason skin is leaving the state in the first place

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 11:44 AM
its only cheaper for you at a bar because you're a woman. you can just let a boob hang out and you get to drink for free all game long

that doesn't work for guys. and i'm guessing that letting things hang out is the reason skin is leaving the state in the first place

I don't think leaving things hanging out would be as productive as you think...

Little Whiskey
11-21-2010, 04:11 PM
skin, check out atdhe.net. i've not had any issues so far

Zool
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Streaming will do in a pinch, but if you're used to HD network feeds its going to be a rough transition. In MN we get the Packers whenever the Vikes play at a different time than they do. You'll be in AFC country so hard to say which Fox games you'll get most often.

MichiganPackerFan
11-22-2010, 10:01 AM
I love NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV. I spend less on it than I would in the bar. I also get to pause and record games and rewatch plays. RedZone and the Game Mix are cool features too. AND i'm not hungover when I have to go to work on monday morning.

Freak Out
11-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Cincinnati? Your wife must be getting a raise or a partnership then.....otherwise there are much more exciting places to move to if you are going to go through e fucking hassle.

SkinBasket
11-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Cincinnati? Your wife must be getting a raise or a partnership then.....otherwise there are much more exciting places to move to if you are going to go through e fucking hassle.

She's giving up partnership for an in-house position with a company based there. Better hours, better environment, and we'll save about 20k a year by not having to pay for insurance.

We'll be living just across the river in northern Kentucky. The city doesn't seem too bad, kind of like Milwaukee but with people in it after 5pm. Big time stimulus pit though. Saw three large "road to recovery" projects (one is a two city block rebuild on the river) and about 3 million osha violations. Also a lot more bums because there's more people. Or maybe because they had been chased off the riverfront by all the noise.

swede
11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
One nice thing about Milwaukee is that a few months of 20 below zero keeps the homeless population down.

Freak Out
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I've been a couple of times....they used to have an outstanding symphony. Seemed like an decent place for the brief times I was there.

SkinBasket
11-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I've been a couple of times....they used to have an outstanding symphony. Seemed like an decent place for the brief times I was there.

The word we got from the locals was that the symphony is still good, but the rest of the "arts" suck some fat cock.

A short ride north of the city yields this though: http://www.junglejims.com/

They sell wine by the barrel. And all kinds of other crap.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I suppose Nutz's Dad is taking this pretty hard.

Little Whiskey
11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I suppose Nutz's Dad is taking this pretty hard.

maybe he's going to repo the toliet!

Fritz
11-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Rats posters are really good about giving you links to sites that allow you to watch the games from your computer. However, the quality ranges from excellent (PB gave a link for the Vikes game that was great) to awful (the link for the Redskins game was terrible - cutting out, freezing images).

It's the lowest cost scenario but it's the highest risk in that you might get disconnected or the screen might freeze at a crucial moment.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 03:41 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/demotivational-posters-fisting.jpg

This just feels right in this thread.