PDA

View Full Version : Bishop getting a new deal??

digitaldean
11-20-2010, 12:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/20/desmond-bishop-could-be-next-packer-to-get-a-new-deal/

PFT.com and GB Press Gazette said TT talking to Bishop to get him extended.

He has been better on assignments this year vs. last. Let's hope the trend continues tomorrow in Queens-land!!!

bobblehead
11-20-2010, 12:33 PM
So is this the end for Barnett or Hawk??

Tony Oday
11-20-2010, 12:43 PM
neither

channtheman
11-20-2010, 12:44 PM
So is this the end for Barnett or Hawk??

Hawk has looked better with Bishop playing. Barnett is overrated and only plays because he was a first round pick.

Brandon494
11-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Hawk has looked better with Bishop playing. Barnett is overrated and only plays because he was a first round pick.

I wouldnt really say Barnett is overrated, hes just been injuried a lot to past few years. As for only playing because he was a first round pick I believe thats the only reason Hawk was playing above Bishop.

Smidgeon
11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd like to see the Packers keep Hawk, Barnett, and Bishop. But I don't know if that's possible. Does Barnett have the ability to play as an OLB opposite Matthews or is he too small? He definitely seems to have the coverage and speed for run fits, and he always seemed to enjoy his battles with the centers in the 4-3. I think Barnett, Hawk, and Bishop are (now) the Packers three best ILBs. I don't know what happened to Chillar, but he seems to have disappeared. Is he still injured?

I really only worry about whether or not Cullen Jenkins sees this as a snub. The Packers put an offer out for Tramon Williams, are working with Bishop (although it could very well just be sending out feelers based on the agent's quotes), but what about Jenkins? I know the D-Line will be loaded next year with talent (more loaded with Harrell, but I'm not banking), but Jenkins is probably the second most talented.

CaptainKickass
11-20-2010, 02:59 PM

Whenever Bishop makes a play on the field - I find myself yelling "Don't fuck with The Clergy!" at the TV screen.

That's my nickname for Desmond Bishop - "The Clergy".

Remember last time we had a member of the clergy on defense? Specifically, "The Minister"?

pbmax
11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I wouldnt really say Barnett is overrated, hes just been injuried a lot to past few years. As for only playing because he was a first round pick I believe thats the only reason Hawk was playing above Bishop.

Well that and the fact that they play different positions.

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Bishop's play is making Barnett expendible. Remember when there was a discussion of moving him to OLB some years ago and he was against it as he would make less $? I think now he's going to have to consider making that move or be gone. Hawk has shown he can call the defense just fine and Bishop is more than filling in for Nick. Wouldn't shock me if they trade Nick for a solid draft pick.

MadScientist
11-21-2010, 12:03 AM

Whenever Bishop makes a play on the field - I find myself yelling "Don't fuck with The Clergy!" at the TV screen.

That's my nickname for Desmond Bishop - "The Clergy".

Remember last time we had a member of the clergy on defense? Specifically, "The Minister"?

Just say 'It's the Bishop!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8

CaptainKickass
11-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Just say 'It's the Bishop!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8

Very nice - I remember that MP skit from way back.

How about Bishop giving his theory on Darwin's theory?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HKikgKFxH4

red
11-21-2010, 10:31 AM
gotta decide what the better combination is

i'd say so far hawk-bishop is looking a lot better then hawk and barnett did.

what would barnett - bishop look like?

the big payment at the end of hawks contract does not mean its time to cut him, it means its time to redo his contract. so its not automatic that he'll be cut IMO.

do we keep all three? that might be tough with bishop playing so well. what could we get for barnett in a trade?

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 10:37 AM
And in other news, Barnett became a dad again the other day. (still don't know why his tweets are posting to my facebook news feed)

Patler
11-21-2010, 11:28 AM
And in other news, Barnett became a dad again the other day. (still don't know why his tweets are posting to my facebook news feed)

Big deal, some athletes are becoming Dads again 3 or 4 times a year!

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Big deal, some athletes are becoming Dads again 3 or 4 times a year!

Barnett actually showed up for the birth, knows the name, and has been *gasp* tweeting about it.