PDA

View Full Version : Did Al Harris Take Out An Ad In The Journal Sentinel?

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 07:34 AM
I read that he made a gesture like the one Aaron Kampman made when he left town. Did anybody see it?

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I'd like to see that too.

Fritz
11-21-2010, 09:29 AM
I read that he made a gesture like the one Aaron Kampman made when he left town. Did anybody see it?

Other players, in the past, have made different gestures on the way out of town...

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 09:32 AM
By the way, Al's website is still COMPLETELY green & gold.

bobblehead
11-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I truly hope he retrns to us as a coach someday

CaptainD
11-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Saw it on twitter...pure class http://twitpic.com/38vqql

Pugger
11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd like to tell Al we love him too. :)

red
11-21-2010, 10:26 AM
total class guy

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Saw it on twitter...pure class http://twitpic.com/38vqql

The love is mutual, Al. Best of everything in your warm new home.

vince
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
That about brings a tear to my eye.

Fosco33
11-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Very cool! Al is a great guy - and a great Packer.

Patler
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Al has a smart agent. The rehab videos were genius. This is more of the same, and follows the path pioneered by a number of agents who have worked on humanizing their clients, building their relationships with the fan base. Good job Mr. Bechta!

OK, OK, I'm being sarcastic; but I'm certainly not going to get all teary eyed and choked up over this! More and more athletes are doing it; it will soon become commonplace....and then meaningless.

vince
11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
That's true, Patler, though a bit cynical. There's nothing that suggests Harris is being insincere here. It's a classy thing to do, even if it is also in his own best interests.

Patler
11-21-2010, 11:03 AM
That's true, Patler, though a bit cynical. There's nothing that suggests Harris is being insincere here. It's a classy thing to do, even if it is also in his own best interests.

I agree, except we don't even know if he did it himself, or if his agent called and said, "Al, this is what we are going to do...." It could be sincere, but not conceived by Harris himself. Or, it could simply be something that he decided to do on his own.

Athletes careers are really small businesses (some not so small) and good agents handle them that way.

digitaldean
11-21-2010, 11:08 AM
For all the work that Al has done (e.g., Make-A-Wish, etc.) I'd take this as a sincere move.

His work ethic with the Packers was always very classy as well. I wish him the best with his new team.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Al has a smart agent. The rehab videos were genius. This is more of the same, and follows the path pioneered by a number of agents who have worked on humanizing their clients, building their relationships with the fan base. Good job Mr. Bechta!

OK, OK, I'm being sarcastic; but I'm certainly not going to get all teary eyed and choked up over this! More and more athletes are doing it; it will soon become commonplace....and then meaningless.

Right now there have been just two, and they happen to both be great guys from most fans perspectives. It's nice to see that some players care enough about their legacy here to at least make the gesture.

pbmax
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Is this his actual Twitter or does this account actually belong to our own 3irty1?

http://twitter.com/alharris31

Scott Campbell
11-21-2010, 11:15 AM
One more thought about Al. How much of Charles Woodson's maturation as a player was due to being around Al and his work eithic?

Patler
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Right now there have been just two, and they happen to both be great guys from most fans perspectives. It's nice to see that some players care enough about their legacy here to at least make the gesture.

Two in GB, but athletes other places have done the same.

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Is this his actual Twitter or does this account actually belong to our own 3irty1?

http://twitter.com/alharris31

That's Al Harris. If you go to his website, you can link to this twitter feed from there.

get louder at lambeau
11-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Hopefully Shields and Company learned a little from Mr. Harris.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM

it actually did!

gbgary
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.fototime.com/BAC7D4591BBC2CD/standard.jpg

TennesseePackerBacker
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
One more thought about Al. How much of Charles Woodson's maturation as a player was due to being around Al and his work eithic?

Great point. I think the same could be said for Tramon Williams. I'm just wondering what the hell happened with Lee and Underwood.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM

you'd have to ask chuck but i bet al had more to do with him feeling comfortable in green bay rather than in any maturation he experienced. i think the whole free agent experience had an affect on chuck. he saw that other teams didn't think he was all that and made a decision to dedicate himself to improving and proving his worth.

Little Whiskey
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
cheapskate could have taken out a color ad! :)

swede
11-21-2010, 05:12 PM
That was really nice. My son Loves Al Harris, and though the action may be superficial, it really meant something to my kid.

Brett Favre's ad will appear in the Onion later this week.

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Awesome! I'm going to miss Al like I missed Kampman.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
That was really nice. My son Loves Al Harris, and though the action may be superficial, it really meant something to my kid.

Brett Favre's ad will appear in the Onion later this week.

boooo! very cynical. i think he is sincere.

Noodle
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't care if it's smart business, it's damn well done. And I think the way he's acted through out his release, being very gracious in the media and all and not stirring up shite in the locker room with tweets and what not, suggests that, even if it wasn't his idea, he was totally behind it.

C'mon Patler, it's ok to show a little emotion -- even Spock would get pissed when people dissed his Mom.

Patler
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't care if it's smart business, it's damn well done. And I think the way he's acted through out his release, being very gracious in the media and all and not stirring up shite in the locker room with tweets and what not, suggests that, even if it wasn't his idea, he was totally behind it.

C'mon Patler, it's ok to show a little emotion -- even Spock would get pissed when people dissed his Mom.

Hey, I DID like Al Harris. Honest. But, athletes come and go. I'm firmly in the Williams/Shields camp now!
Charles who??? (Insert smiley face here! God, I feel incompetent!)

MJZiggy
11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey, I DID like Al Harris. Honest. But, athletes come and go. I'm firmly in the Williams/Shields camp now!
Charles who??? (Insert smiley face here! God, I feel incompetent!)

Click the "Go Advanced" button next to the "Post Quick Reply" button and the smilies are available there.

Patler
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Click the "Go Advanced" button next to the "Post Quick Reply" button and the smilies are available there.

Ya, but all I can get is a single one in the upper left corner of the text box, like this. No matter what I do it goes there. I can't seem to put it where I want it.

pbmax
11-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Ya, but all I can get is a single one in the upper left corner of the text box, like this. No matter what I do it goes there. I can't seem to put it where I want it.

Click on settings in upper right of screen. Then in left frame, scroll down until you see General Settings. Click on it.

Scroll through looking for "Miscellaneous Options". Change editor settings from basic to Standard or Advanced. Save.

MJZiggy
11-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Ya, but all I can get is a single one in the upper left corner of the text box, like this. No matter what I do it goes there. :tup:I can't seem to put it where I want it.:pc:

Use the ones :drma:in the right column and you can click & drag them where you want them.

Patler
11-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks PB and MJ! :worship: :tup:

Pugger
11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Al should put this in the GBP-G too.

You have to put the :: around the word(s) under each smilie to get them to show up in your posts.

jmbarnes101
11-22-2010, 09:41 AM

That did bring a tear to my eye. That is a Packers person and while he's no longer here I hope he's successful for the rest of his career.

Patler
11-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Al should put this in the GBP-G too.

You have to put the :: around the word(s) under each smilie to get them to show up in your posts.

I just clicked on the icon, and it popped into my message. Am I misunderstanding something? :confused: