11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Points allowed......

0, 7, and 3

MTPackerfan
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
pretty amazing. If we can keep that up, should be a much easier road to the SB

Cheesehead Craig
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
National media will start getting all over the Packers now. They simply cannot be ignored or downplayed any more.

vince
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
The Packers are playing aggressive and disciplined. They have committed 8 penalties total in the last 4 games. Outstanding.

ThunderDan
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
The Packers are playing aggressive and disciplined. They have committed 8 penalties total in the last 4 games. Outstanding.

That's on the coach you know. Looks like the Bear's game was the anomaly.

gbgary
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM
they've been great! but ya know...i'll bet they'll give the o alot of credit for taking pressure off of them the last two games.

mmmdk
11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Points allowed......

0, 7, and 3

...you can always do better; it could've been 0, 0 and -3

MichiganPackerFan
11-22-2010, 10:07 AM

The officials can't be THAT one sided every game!

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 10:17 AM

I know but after every game where we rack up penalties "the masses" say that lies on the head coach. Now we go 4 games with hardly anything and now one comes here to say the HC must really have the team under control.

billy_oliver880
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM

But haven't you heard....its good when the bears are viable. No matter who they get help from.

channtheman
11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I know but after every game where we rack up penalties "the masses" say that lies on the head coach. Now we go 4 games with hardly anything and now one comes here to say the HC must really have the team under control.

I heard someone on ESPN or NFL Network that we were a disciplined team and couldn't believe it. This stat is truly outstanding! Great job MM!

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I know but after every game where we rack up penalties "the masses" say that lies on the head coach. Now we go 4 games with hardly anything and no one comes here to say the HC must really have the team under control.

I heard someone on ESPN or NFL Network that we were a disciplined team and couldn't believe it. This stat is truly outstanding! Great job MM!

Ask and ye shall receive!

mission
11-22-2010, 10:27 AM

Hey I'll man up here! You guys know I was the first guy complaining about MM and how his team wasn't prepared, was very undisciplined, etc... lots of people defended him.

Well I'll admit he's really turned it around, theyre playing much better football in all facets of the game. Gotta give MM credit as he's done a heck of a job.

Only thing left for me to complain about is our slow starts-- both on the season and per game. That's gotta be on the coach a bit whether they aren't loose or too loose or whatever. I'll take the results though; how could you not?

pbmax
11-22-2010, 10:38 AM
According to: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalty-yards-per-game

Packers are 3rd lowest in the league for penalty yardage per game at 41.5.

They are tied for 5th at 5.3 penalties per game.

MichiganPackerFan
11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
They've got a HUGE game on sunday in ATL. It will certainly answer whether they are elite, good or simply out of depth. Hoping for the former!!!

vince
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Conventional wisdom would say that's a young team growing up, but without looking at the individual stats, it seems like a lot of the undisciplined play came from the vets in the first place. Woodson was killing the Packers there for a stretch.

Packgator
11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Only thing left for me to complain about is our slow starts-- both on the season and per game.

On the season the Packers are out scoring opponents 54-20 in the first quarter.

channtheman
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM
On the season the Packers are out scoring opponents 54-20 in the first quarter.

That does come out to less than a touchdown per the first quarter for us. Slow offensive starts.

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 11:42 AM
That does come out to less than a touchdown per the first quarter for us. Slow offensive starts.

We are averaging 25.2 points per game or 6.3 points per quarter. So we are averaging .9 points less in the 1st quarter than our average. Doesn't seem like a large difference but it is 14%!

channtheman
11-22-2010, 11:44 AM
We are averaging 25.2 points per game or 6.3 points per quarter. So we are averaging .9 points less in the 1st quarter than our average. Doesn't seem like a large difference but it is 14%!

Our offense in general has stunk it up this year. These last 2 games (though competition has been less than stellar) we have finally gotten where I expected us to be. I would like to see what we scored in the first quarter of each game, and maybe even the first half of each game.

Packgator
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Our offense in general has stunk it up this year. These last 2 games (though competition has been less than stellar) we have finally gotten where I expected us to be. I would like to see what we scored in the first quarter of each game, and maybe even the first half of each game.

First quarter points......

0, 13, 7, 7, 7, 10, 7, 3, 0, 0

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM

They sure haven't performed to the level I thought they would in the preseason. But they did loose Grant who seems to be more important to the team than anyone really cares to admit and Finley. Still with the weapons around Arod we should be putting up good offensive numbers.

gbgary
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
First quarter points......

0, 13, 7, 7, 7, 10, 7, 3, 0, 0

but they've made adjustments in later quarters that made the difference.