PDA

View Full Version : PREDICT THE TRADE(S)

gbpackfan
08-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I expect some sort of trade to happen before the regular season starts. I have NO "INSIDE INFO." but trades usually happen as TC wraps up. It can be argued that we don't have great WR and RB. However, we do have a lot of depth at those positions. Which player do you believe is most likely to be traded?

Some possible trades may be:

Ferguson and a pick to Oakland for Porter

The odd man out at RB for a a pick and back up T.

RB and a pick for a WR

(just possibilities, don't like 'em? Tell me yours!)

K-town
08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
How about this for a crazy thought?
Since it's Nick Barnett's contract year, and Abdul Hodge has clearly made a good impression, why not trade Barnett? He is worthy of a starting position on most any team, and could command some decent value (I'd rather have players than draft choices at this point).
If Poppinga is healthy and can back up Taylor, then Campbell can back up Hawk and Manning can be 2nd team to Hodge. The precedent for starting 2 rookie linebackers goes back to 1978, when we had Michael Hunt and John Anderson.
Like I said, just a crazy thought. Feel free to comment, question my sanity, etc.

Rastak
08-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Since it's Nick Barnett's contract year, and Abdul Hodge has clearly made a good impression, why not trade Barnett? He is worthy of a starting position on most any team, and could command some decent value (I'd rather have players than draft choices at this point).
If Poppinga is healthy and can back up Taylor, then Campbell can back up Hawk and Manning can be 2nd team to Hodge. The precedent for starting 2 rookie linebackers goes back to 1978, when we had Michael Hunt and John Anderson.
Like I said, just a crazy thought. Feel free to comment, question my sanity, etc.

That might work, but you'd need to make sure Hodge was the real deal before pulling the trigger. He hasn't been in a game yet.

I would guess you'd get a #1 for him perhaps.

gbpackfan
08-07-2006, 11:23 AM
NO WAY! Hodge hasn't proven sh*t yet. I like Barnett. He plays hard and loves being here. I really like what I have seen out of Hodge but I am not ready to say he's a great NFL LB yet.

Tony Oday
08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
No way we move Barnett If we do I will start wearing purple!!!! Ok not that bad but I would be pissed. :evil:

woodbuck27
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
NO WAY! Hodge hasn't proven sh*t yet. I like Barnett. He plays hard and loves being here. I really like what I have seen out of Hodge but I am not ready to say he's a great NFL LB yet.

That could be a "BALLS to the Walls" trade for T2.

I don't want to see Nick Barnett traded for Jerry Porter, but that might do it?

Would Robert Ferguson and a third move Al Davis?

GO PACKERS !

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Why do you guys all want Porter? He's not that good. He's Oakland's version of Ferguson.

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
There are very few trades made in the NFL, so don't get your hopes up. If something happens, it's likely an end of the roster guy (maybe that ends up being a Ferguson, but I doubt it) or a cutbait guy at a position of strength for somebody else's cutbait (e.g. a DT for an OL).

ahaha
08-07-2006, 11:39 AM
How about Ahmad Caroll? Cornerback is a percieved area of depth for this team.

woodbuck27
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
There are very few trades made in the NFL, so don't get your hopes up. If something happens, it's likely an end of the roster guy (maybe that ends up being a Ferguson, but I doubt it) or a cutbait guy at a position of strength for somebody else's cutbait (e.g. a DT for an OL).

Harvey:

The NFL, certainly isn't like the NHL in regard to trades.In the NHL , a rumor spells trade - alot of the time.

HOLD THE FAITH !! PACKERS.

wist43
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
As much as I would like to see them dump the guy, there is no way they'll trade Barnett.

As for reality, the Packers are desperate at LT, and Jets are desperate at RB, I don't know what their situation is at OT.

One way or another, TT is going to have to do something to shore up the backup OT positions... Coston simply isn't a Tackle.

Patler
08-07-2006, 11:55 AM
As for reality, the Packers are desperate at LT, and Jets are desperate at RB, I don't know what their situation is at OT.

GB could probably get Steve Morley back. He's still with the Jets as a tackle.

:sad: :sad: I hope TT can do beter than that! :sad: :sad:

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
WR Robert Ferguson said he missed the scrimmage because of a funeral for his aunt, Alli V. Ferguson, in Houston.

red
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM

its not his contract year, he's signed through 2009 to a very cap friendly deal

we're on the verge of having one of the best LB groups in the nfl in a year or two with hawk, barnett and hodge with some nice quality backups. noway should we screw that up. ride that as long as you can before those three become too expensive to keep together, but as it looks right now we shouldn't have to worry about that until the 2010 season

packers11
08-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Why do you guys all want Porter? He's not that good. He's Oakland's version of Ferguson.

Fergy
2001 - (rookie season) - started 1 game - no yards - strickly st
2002 - 22 rec 238 yards
2003 - 38 rec 520 yards
2004 - 24 rec 367 yards
2005 - 27 rec 366 yards
Carrer-111 rec 1546 yards....

Porter
2000 - (rookie season ) - 1 rec 6 yards
2001 - 19 rec 220 yards
2002 - 51 rec 688 yards
2003- 28 rec 361 (played 10 games)
2004- 64 rec 998
2005- 76 rec 942
Carrer - 239 rec 3215 yards

Porter is clearly better, and he does not have a qb called Favre throwing to him,,,,, But lets say Ferguson had better stats anyway.... Porter has a better #1 wr to compete against (no offense to driver).....

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't believe it will go down but getting Jerry Porter can't be a bad thing.

I don't want to see the pressure put on DD that we saw last year no matter how much heart/toughness Donald has.

I would be estatic to see Favre tossing to Porter and Driver.

Badgepack
08-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Do we want to give up draft pick, cap money, and/or a player for a receiver that may not beat out Jennings and would likely whine is he was 3rd WR.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Do we want to give up draft pick, cap money, and/or a player for a receiver that may not beat out Jennings and would likely whine is he was 3rd WR.

All things that Ted Thompson will weigh in considering any proposition to acquire Jerry Porter. I'm going to a site to see if there are anymore rumblings on this WR's malcontent.

I know that the Packers have made inquires into possibly acquiring Denver's WR Ashley Lelie, but not sure what T2 stands on regarding JP as he wouldn't comment when asked I believe last week, or late the week before.

We have to trust T2.

GO PACKERS !

Patler
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
[quote=Partial]

Porter
2000 - (rookie season ) - 1 rec 6 yards
2001 - 19 rec 220 yards
2002 - 51 rec 688 yards
2003- 28 rec 361 (played 10 games)
2004- 64 rec 998
2005- 76 rec 942
Carrer - 239 rec 3215 yards

Porter is clearly better, and he does not have a qb called Favre throwing to him,,,,,

No, but he did have a qb called Gannon throwing to him in an offense that was rolling up 4000 passing yards a year. Gannon was a Pro-Bowl qb in 2000, 2001 and 2002, was Pro-Bowl MVP two of those years and was the NFL MVP for the 2002 season.

After Gannon was hurt, Kerry Collins took over. Porter has not suffered because of the quality of the QB or the passing offense he was in.

KilrB
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I voted for Fergy getting traded but I really dont think TT will trade anyone away unless there is some injury to anouther key player.

I would be very dissapointed if Barrnet were traded. He was very good last year and will be better this year. I hope all the trouble he has had with his Night Club gets cleared up, he has a great season and gets new contract thats good for him and the Packers. Hodge is looking great but still he is a rookie and from what I have been reading he needs to work on pass coverage. Right now he is a great backup at MLB for Barrnet.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
This is off:

http://www.raiderforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12437

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:30 pm

** " I don't know if you guys caught this last night during the game, but the sideline reporter said the raiders were shopping porter for a 1st round pick and 8 mil. to cover the salary cap hit we would take from his signing bonus. "

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:06 pm

** " They also said that a stipulation of any trade would be for Porter to give back a portion (if not all) of his signing bonus. They have given his agent permission to seek a trade (code for 'negotiate a new contract with the team of his choosing'). Look at the teams that are weak at WR. The Eagles, Ravens, Bills, Patriots all could use a #1 WR. They all have defensive players that could help us. Although most trades in today's NFL involve draft picks."

Note: As I posted earlier. The Eagles were adament in not desiring Jerry Porter.

“I’m furious,” Porter said.

“They might as well trade me. I wanted Mike Martz as my coach and a real offense that’s proven in today’s NFL. Not something dusted off from a bed and breakfast in God knows where.”