6th PPG Offense

17th YPG Defense
7th YPG Defense

Packers

13th YPG Offense
8th PPG Offense

12th YPG Defense
1st PPG Defense

Two evenly matched NFC heavy weights. The Falcons never lose at home so they have to be slight favorites. The Packers are great road dome teams. McCarthy has a formula that works in loud stadiums. I think he figured that out while coaching in Kansas City. Oakland and Denver are loud. KC is loud. He came with a blueprint and it works.

This is the best game of the season. Should be a close one. A win and it's Packers/Eagles/Falcons undisputed leaders of the NFC.

RashanGary
11-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I think this game is more important to us than them. Hopefully Nance has a few insider tips.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Roddy White is having a monster year. Gonzales hasn't lost much if anything. Michael Turner is a beast when he's healthy, and he's healthy. And Matt Ryan fits into all the same conversations about great QB play that Rodgers is in.

Were going to have our hands full.

mmmdk
11-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Atlanta has a kick ass OL; a lot of work for our front seven. Matty Ice has lost just 1 game at G-Dome (vs Saints)...very impressive. This game would be a bigger road win than NY Jets. Can't beat the destruction of Vikings yesterday though.

Pugger
11-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, going to Atlanta and getting a win there will be a daunting task. They are a very good team and even better at home. :shock:

channtheman
11-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Hate to break it to you guys, but my mom and dad are going to this game. Normally, you would think "Well that's cool, some fans going to a game," but NO. For the record, the last 2 years my dad has gone to 3 games, only one with me. The 2 games without me were at Tampa Bay last year and Miami this year. We lost both. I went to the Thanksgiving Detroit game with him, we won. It looks like this is almost definitely a loss. Sorry. :(

vince
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
The Falcons haven't dealt with the likes of Tramon, Chuck, Clay and the B.J. yet.

MadScientist
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
The Packers have had a nice run going, but sadly the streak will end this week.

That's right, the Falcons are 8-2, so there really is no loss great enough to get the coach fired.

There's a chance to get back on track when the 49ers come to town (if Singletary hasn't been canned by then). :)

CaptainKickass
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM

I just watched the Falcons vs Rams game. Falcons O is pretty good but their D is suspect for certain. I like our chances but will expect a much tighter game than recently.

AtlPackFan
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Hate to break it to you guys, but my mom and dad are going to this game. Normally, you would think "Well that's cool, some fans going to a game," but NO. For the record, the last 2 years my dad has gone to 3 games, only one with me. The 2 games without me were at Tampa Bay last year and Miami this year. We lost both. I went to the Thanksgiving Detroit game with him, we won. It looks like this is almost definitely a loss. Sorry. :(

Well, you know what you have to do then, don't you. Jump in your car and join them at the game! With holiday traffic, I would leave now. :-)

billy_oliver880
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Apparently the Falcons ran a hurry up style of offense yesterday that ran 70 plays to the Rams 54 plays. We just got to make sure to get their offense off the field and we should have a good chance.

3irty1
11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that they are overrated.

They lost to a Benless Steeler team
Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Barely beat the 49ers with Roddy White forcing a fumble on an INT return. Would have lost this game if the DB just kneels.
Beat the Delhomme led Browns
Got spanked by the Kolb led Eagles
Beat the Bengals in a reasonably close game
Beat the Buccaneers in a close one
Beat the Ravens in a close one on a patented Roddy White push-off
Beat on the Rams

I can't see them scoring more than 20 and I can't see us scoring less than 20. Their secondary can be had.

denverYooper
11-22-2010, 03:56 PM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Barely beat the 49ers with Roddy White forcing a fumble on an INT return. Would have lost this game if the DB just kneels.
Beat on the Rams

I can't see them scoring more than 20 and I can't see us scoring less than 20. Their secondary can be had.

Huge key to this game. If the passing attack continues to roll, GB will win.

steve823
11-22-2010, 03:57 PM
It's funny all you guys are talking about their offense (White, Ryan, O-line, Gonzo, Turner etc.). Nobody is talking about their defense. They have a bad secondary and the only good one in it is Dunta Robinson. If Arod plays like he did against the Vikes he should be able to carve up their secondary.

Now on defense it will be a great match up. Falcons have a good offense and are clicking now, but the Packers let up 10 points in the last 3 games and are playing lights out.

Edit :Posted same time as people above me ,but I agree. Their defense is susceptible to big plays and passes and will need to step up to stay in the game.

denverYooper
11-22-2010, 04:01 PM
If the Packers continue to keep the penalties low and keep ST close to even, they'll win out. It's amazing how good they are when they're not killing themselves.

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
If the Packers continue to keep the penalties low and keep ST close to even, they'll win out. It's amazing how good they are when they're not killing themselves.

Isn't that so true! When your team isn't spewing yardage in the ST play, penalties and turnovers a competent team can be unstoppable. A team with talent can become serious trouble come playoff time!

RashanGary
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Beat on the Rams

Well, when you lay it out like that. . . . Yeah, we're going to whip their ass. We beat the Jets (comparable to beating the Ravens). We beat the Eagles (comparable to beating the Saints). . . . We lost three and two of them were so/so teams.

We're playing at the top of our game, but so are they. I don't think we're going to lose, but I know it's going to be a very difficult challenge. The Falcons might not be as good as their record, but they are a bonafide playoff team and playoff games are never easy. This is two playoff teams at the top of their game going head to head. Should be great football.

3irty1
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
They might have made a game out of it had Roddy White not been flagged for PI yesterday. FINALLY. My 20 pt prediction for them is generous.

Like most Packer games, a blowout wouldn't surprise me.

pbmax
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Beat on the Rams

I will have this flavor kool-aid with my roast bird.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2010, 08:28 AM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Beat on the Rams

THe pushoffs concern me, because that leaves calling it up to the officials, and we haven't been fortunate in that regard. Hell, missed pushoffs were huge in the playoff loss last year. I do think that if GB brings their "A" game, they should win a tough game.

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 11:32 AM
This game will determine whether the Packers will be limited to contending for the NFC North crown and a possible 1st round bye, or whether they will have a shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Packers currently occupy the 6th playoff spot. However, a Packer win over the Falcons coupled with an Eagle win at Chicago (very possible) would I believe, vault the Packers into the #1 spot overall.

Both of these teams are tougher defensively in the red zone than they are between the 20's. Red zone efficiency may well decide this game.

Tony Oday
11-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Atl has 2 wins against decent teams. They will fold against the Pack and we will dominate this game 45-10

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Atl has 2 wins against decent teams. They will fold against the Pack and we will dominate this game 45-10

The Packers as well have 2 wins against quality teams (Eagles and Jets). Atlanta is solid and will be tough at home. Packers can win, but will be a close game.

imscott72
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
THe pushoffs concern me, because that leaves calling it up to the officials, and we haven't been fortunate in that regard. Hell, missed pushoffs were huge in the playoff loss last year. I do think that if GB brings their "A" game, they should win a tough game.

The pushoffs are definitely an issue. I was at the Miami game, and I watched Marshall push off the whole game while the ref just stood there and watched. I don't know if they're not calling as many of those this year or what, but it's definitely an issue.

Fritz
11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
One never knows, of course, but this sure seems like a game that will be tough and close.

I wonder if it will be like last year's playoff touchdown-a-palooza.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Defense wins the day. The Packers are better. Plus, I don't think Atlanta has the #2 and #3 WR's that could cause our team problems (Saints come to mind). Their secondary is suspect, as is their pass rush. It'll be a close game because of homefield advantage. Packers win 31-20 with a late score to seal it.

channtheman
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
The Packers as well have 2 wins against quality teams (Eagles and Jets). Atlanta is solid and will be tough at home. Packers can win, but will be a close game.

And who really thinks we beat the Eagles in Philly now that Vick is the starter?

Zool
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Haven't really watched much of ATL this year, but if the NFL network pundits are to be believed, their secondary is not that good, despite the best efforts of the Cutler to Hall combo a few weeks ago.

Statistically they are:

9th in ypg
2nd-t for INT's
25th in YPA
28th in opponents completion %

Their run D is 6th in overall yards but they give up 4.3/carry.

Their offense doesn't have any gaudy ypc or ypa either but they are converting almost 50% of their 3rd downs on the year.

I would guess they are susceptible to big plays but their O is on the field quite a lot. They lead the league in total plays from scrimmage and are second in TOP.

What does all this mean? Hell if I know, I just like stats.

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 02:30 PM
And who really thinks we beat the Eagles in Philly now that Vick is the starter?

I think the Packers could beat them. The Packers had to face Vick in Week 1 for more than half the game after preparing all week to face Kolb. That's a tough transition to make. Besides, the Packers defense is playing much better now than it was then.

Zool
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Also

+10 in turnover margin
Fewest penalties in the league

RashanGary
11-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Can't say I know exactly what it means either, but it seems like a part of the Falcons defense is a good ball control offense. That actually plays to our favor. The stats say we're decent against the run, but we've been decimated on the DL for most of the season. We're as healthy going into this week as we've ever been on the DL. I think our run defense is actually great. Our defense overall is stifling. It's not a good D, it's great. I don't see Atlanta moving the ball on us consistently. We're going to get them off the field. Only way they control the ball is if our offense also can't stay on the field.

This game is going to come down to Aaron Rodgers and the ST's. I think we can keep them at around 20 points. Can Aaron make enough key throws to get 23 or 27 and can the ST's tilt the field in our favor a little?

The way Aaron and the ST's have been playing. . . . I like our chances. Tough game. Very evenly matched. A win is monumental if we want to beleive we're SB competitors.

denverYooper
11-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I think the Packers could beat them. The Packers had to face Vick in Week 1 for more than half the game after preparing all week to face Kolb. That's a tough transition to make. Besides, the Packers defense is playing much better now than it was then.

Yup. Wood might even grab the ball out of Vick's hand when he does that goofy hold-the-ball-in-one-hand-and-dip move before he changes direction. I also felt like the Giants did a pretty good job of throwing different things at Vick and showed that is not (yet) very sophisticated in his ability to read a defense. He might go through his progression and stay in the pocket longer but I still feel like he's not doing much in the way of pre-snap identification. Pressure up the middle, in particular, was giving him some fits and even when it was pretty clear that it was coming, he seemed staked to the original play call. Not saying that won't change but I'd bet teams will show him some of that until he gives them reason not to.

3irty1
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Haven't really watched much of ATL this year, but if the NFL network pundits are to be believed, their secondary is not that good, despite the best efforts of the Cutler to Hall combo a few weeks ago.

Hall hasn't been a Falcon for a few years.

Zool
11-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Hall hasn't been a Falcon for a few years.

Oh snap...Mixed up with the Washington game.

Joemailman
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Just though this was kind of funny:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-minnesota-vikings-frazier-should-bench-QB-112310

When asked how the Packers would deal with the Falcons' unbelievable quarterback, running back, tight end and receiver, defensive player of the year favorite Clay Matthews told us on Sirius NFL Radio, “With our unbelievable line, linebackers, secondary and coaching.” Unbelievable answer.

gbgary
11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Packers 23, atl 10.

Tony Oday
11-24-2010, 11:26 PM
We roll the falcons 35-3 in a laugher

packrulz
11-25-2010, 06:00 AM
The Packers got beat by Chicago, Washington, and Miami, not exactly powerhouse teams. Philly had a new QB, Dallas and Minny were both a mess, the only legit team the Packers beat this year is the Jets. The Falcons beat New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and the Ravens, all tough match ups, (all are 7-3), they lost to Pittsburgh and Philly. So I'm worried about this game, a win in Atlanta would help the Packers in the playoff race, but I think it'll be a close game, hopefully the Packers D will shut the Falcons down. If ARod has to pass 40 times it might backfire.

Pugger
11-25-2010, 08:37 AM
We will have to play better than we have the last 2 weeks if want to get out of GA with a win. The Falcons are not going to roll over like the queens and girls did. They are 18-1 at home and have the best record in the NFC for a reason. This is going to be a close game. Rodgers and company are going to have come out sharp on their first drive and we have to play mistake and turnover free football to get this win. This is NOT going to be an easy task guys.

Tarlam!
11-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Does anyone think M3 deferrs again if he wins the toss? I mean, that was gutsy last week...

swede
11-25-2010, 10:11 AM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Beat on the Rams

There you go. Up until this point I thought the thread need to be re-named to Atlanta Weak Talk.

It's time to just fricking beat Atlanta and move on with a 1 and 0 attitude week in and week out.

RashanGary
11-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Does anyone think M3 deferrs again if he wins the toss? I mean, that was gutsy last week...

Do it, stop them and get the ball and it's genius. Go down in the dome and you're lookin at trouble. If you're true to the strength of this team, it's a consideration. I wouldn't be shocked if he did it. This year, with Matthews, Raji and Williams becoming great players. . . . We're an elite defense.

Tarlam!
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, that was what he said last week in the post game.... He wanted to take control by putting the strongest unit on the field first, then Dom basically dared Bert to throw it by stacking the box. It was genius, as you say.

The thing is, though, Bert and the Vikings offense haven't been firing, so the risk was less. But the the Falcons, I dunno if he takes the risk. Atlanta will be confident with that 18-1 record, Matt's proving to be elite based on 8-3 this year..... Difficult to call.

ThunderDan
11-25-2010, 12:46 PM
The Packers got beat by Chicago, Washington, and Miami, not exactly powerhouse teams. Philly had a new QB, Dallas and Minny were both a mess, the only legit team the Packers beat this year is the Jets. The Falcons beat New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and the Ravens, all tough match ups, (all are 7-3), they lost to Pittsburgh and Philly. So I'm worried about this game, a win in Atlanta would help the Packers in the playoff race, but I think it'll be a close game, hopefully the Packers D will shut the Falcons down. If ARod has to pass 40 times it might backfire.

This is ridiculous!! Every win counts. This is what has been posted every year since TT and MM got here. They win the easy games and can't beat the great teams.

Well I can play the same game with ATL. ATL lost to a Pitt team that started Dennis Dixon at QB that had started only 1 game in his career. How do they blow that game to a completely overmatched PITT O? And PHI is a good loss? You know Kolb was the QB for that game not Vick. So isn't that the same team that the Packers beat at PHI? And TB? They haven't beaten a winning team. TB got beat by 25 points by both PITT and NO. ATL was the only winning team that TB could hang with.

The Packers are 7-3 with a team plagued with injuries. I give them two thumbs way up!

ThunderDan
11-25-2010, 02:18 PM

Let's look at the NY Jets. The team people think is the best in the NFL right now with NE.

Balt (7-3) L
NE (8-2) W
MIA (5-5) W
BUF (2-8) W
MINN (3-7) W
DEN (3-7) W
GB (7-3) L
DET (2-8) W
CLE (3-7) W
HOU (4-6) W

NY JETS have played 3 winning teams this year and are 1-2
They remaining 7 wins team records are a combined 22-48

Horrible the Jets are dog crap!

Guiness
11-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Sportsline is calling for a shootout

This is another chance to slim the pool of best-team candidates in the NFC. The Falcons are 18-1 at home with Matt Ryan playing quarterback. It's hard to buck that here. Aaron Rodgers will be a tough quarterback to stop for the Falcons' defense. I look for a lot of points. First one to 35 wins. It's Atlanta as Ryan passes for more than Rodgers.

No respect for the Packer's league leading scoring D! Falcons have a good O, but I'm not so sure they can sore at will against our defense.

packrulz
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Let's look at the NY Jets. The team people think is the best in the NFL right now with NE.

Balt (7-3) L
NE (8-2) W
MIA (5-5) W
BUF (2-8) W
MINN (3-7) W
DEN (3-7) W
GB (7-3) L
DET (2-8) W
CLE (3-7) W
HOU (4-6) W

So...according to your quote, the Packers win over the Jets was no big deal, since they are dog crap. Atlanta's offense is ranked higher than the Packers right now:
Falcons

7th YPG Offense
6th PPG Offense

17th YPG Defense
7th YPG Defense

Packers

13th YPG Offense
8th PPG Offense

12th YPG Defense
1st PPG Defense

The Packers defense is ranked higher, but which one is going to win the game, offense or defense? We are playing in their noisy dome, where they're 18-1. This will be a close game.

pbmax
11-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Packers by 4.

MJZiggy
11-25-2010, 10:40 PM

No, I think that call was an "in your face" to Favre. And they were. In his face, that is.

bobblehead
11-26-2010, 10:08 AM

As a rule I hate "explaining" losses, but we got hosed by the refs in chicago (and arguably Wash/Miami too) and that concussion affected Rodgers thru most of the washington and miami games. And yes, i believe he sustained it on the QB sneak early. We are playing lights out right now, with very few weaknesses. I think we beat them and have a very legit shot at the trophy.

bobblehead
11-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, that was what he said last week in the post game.... He wanted to take control by putting the strongest unit on the field first, then Dom basically dared Bert to throw it by stacking the box. It was genius, as you say.

The thing is, though, Bert and the Vikings offense haven't been firing, so the risk was less. But the the Falcons, I dunno if he takes the risk. Atlanta will be confident with that 18-1 record, Matt's proving to be elite based on 8-3 this year..... Difficult to call.

No way...you don't need atlanta running the ball well, eating 8 minutes of clock, leaving the O feeling anxious and helpless watching. He did it in minny hoping to calm the crowd before the O had to deal with it.

ThunderDan
11-26-2010, 10:12 AM

Balt (7-3) L
NE (8-2) W
MIA (5-5) W
BUF (2-8) W
MINN (3-7) W
DEN (3-7) W
GB (7-3) L
DET (2-8) W
CLE (3-7) W
HOU (4-6) W

So...according to your quote, the Packers win over the Jets was no big deal, since they are dog crap. Atlanta's offense is ranked higher than the Packers right now:
Falcons

7th YPG Offense
6th PPG Offense

17th YPG Defense
7th YPG Defense

Packers

13th YPG Offense
8th PPG Offense

12th YPG Defense
1st PPG Defense

The Packers defense is ranked higher, but which one is going to win the game, offense or defense? We are playing in their noisy dome, where they're 18-1. This will be a close game.

My point is you can do that to any win that any team has. You can bag on a teams schedules, you can be negative about the whole season if you want. The Packers have taken care of the 7 of the 10 teams on their schedule and are tied for 1st in the North. We have 10 or 11 players on the IR. We are playing with 3rd and 4th stringers against other team's 1st stringers and beating them.

You can be a negative Nelly. I am going to be the kool-aid drinker and when I am sitting in Lambeau in January watching playoff games I'll lift one for you and your post. (Now watch them tank and I have to eat crow. If they do I guess I will have to.)

Freak Out
11-26-2010, 11:30 AM
While I was at the hospital yesterday the Phlebotomist and I started talking football and it turns out Jason Snelling is her cousin. She swore to me he was a tackle.

Guiness
11-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Clark Judge came up with this gem of a line when talking about Matt Ryan's home record and some near losses.

But he didn't, and he didn't because he almost never does in Atlanta, which is the definition of a home-field advantage.

Um, ya. Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.

packrulz
11-26-2010, 01:35 PM
My point is you can do that to any win that any team has. You can bag on a teams schedules, you can be negative about the whole season if you want. The Packers have taken care of the 7 of the 10 teams on their schedule and are tied for 1st in the North. We have 10 or 11 players on the IR. We are playing with 3rd and 4th stringers against other team's 1st stringers and beating them.

You can be a negative Nelly. I am going to be the kool-aid drinker and when I am sitting in Lambeau in January watching playoff games I'll lift one for you and your post. (Now watch them tank and I have to eat crow. If they do I guess I will have to.)
I hope you're right Dan, maybe I worry too much, I just think Atlanta is a pretty f'n good team, Turner is a stud back, Ryan is a young, quality QB who doesn't make many mistakes, White has over 1,000 yds, and Abraham is a good pass rusher, I'm just saying they have their shit together better than any team the Packers have faced yet this year. Still, the Packers D is awesome, and Matthews hopefully can pressure Ryan to make some mistakes. I predict a lower scoring game, Packers 24- Falcons 21.

ThunderDan
11-26-2010, 02:21 PM
I hope you're right Dan, maybe I worry too much, I just think Atlanta is a pretty f'n good team, Turner is a stud back, Ryan is a young, quality QB who doesn't make many mistakes, White has over 1,000 yds, and Abraham is a good pass rusher, I'm just saying they have their shit together better than any team the Packers have faced yet this year. Still, the Packers D is awesome, and Matthews hopefully can pressure Ryan to make some mistakes. I predict a lower scoring game, Packers 24- Falcons 21.

I absolutely believe what you posted above. I think the Pack wins more in the 24-13 range as our D bangs another team out.

RashanGary
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I could see us holding them to a few more field goals than TD's.

Packers 24
Falcons 23

retailguy
11-26-2010, 03:41 PM

As enjoyable as I might find you eating crow, I have to hope you'll be hoisting that drink. I hope to be there as well, but I'll be hoisting the hot chocolate.

As for this particular game - I'm worried about this one. I'd love to be wrong.

packerbacker1234
11-26-2010, 04:28 PM

Crushed the cardinals
Beat the Saints in OT
Beat on the Rams

The steelers were no sluff without ben, going 3-1. Same record we had WITH our starting QB. Steelers proved they are good with or without Ben.

Besides, steelers knew going into the game they weren't going to have ben, so they adjusted their offense.

If you want to say they are overrated, lets look at us, shall we?

Tight win against the Eagles. Starting QB Kolb goes down in the 2nd quarter. Vick comes in, with little practice all offeseason with the first team unit, and almost leads the Eagles all the way back to a win. Should he of started, it does look likely that we would of lost this game. Very unimpressive showing, considering the eagles didn't have a vick full time playing plan in place, yet they still marched up and down on us with him in.

Win against the bills. They are pretty much the worst team in the NFL, and they were having QB concerns. Noithing impressive to take away from this one.

Loss to bears: Should of won, but we didn't. We found a way to somehow lose a game it appeared we should of won. Bears, like it or not, are 7-3.

Barely beat Detroit - They aren't as bad as in previous years, but are still a bottom dweller in the NFC. Very unimpressive showing.

Loss to Redskins - Redskins are a horrible team. This is the same team that the vick lead eagles lit up. Not only did we not win, we lost. They are a mediocre .500 team.

Dolphins - Another mediocre .500 team that we lost to.

Barely beat the vikings, staving off a late comeback attempt by Favre. The win is always nice in a tight rivalry, but the vikings are hardly a good team this year.

Shut out against the jets. Best win the year. On the road, defense plays lights out. Unfortunately, our offense didn't show up. At all. This is our signature win of the entire season right now, and very comparable, honestly, to the ravens win Atlanta got.

Beat the Cowboys. End of wade philip era, one of the wrost teams in the NFC. Played inspired since his firing, but bottom line is they were a horrible team.

Blow out hte vikings. Impressive given the rivalry and on the road factor, but this team has the same record as the lions and cowboys. THey are a bad team.

So, of our wins, we have one, count it, one impressive win. We have two wins against teams who presently are above .500.

Atlanta has wins over 7-3 surprise Bucs team, Ravens, Saints. Between the two of us we technically have the most impressive victory in beating the jets on the road, but they have more quality victorys. Considering ours came in a game in which both kolb and vick played half a game, we really only have one impressive win. They have 3. Sure, they had close wins they should of won by more, but so have we.

Our teams are very comparable, so to say they are overrated is to say we are overrated. Everyone is talking about our defense, but two of the last 3 games we played some of the worst teams in the NFL. The jets was impressive, but that was it. Take off the homer glasses and you'll see Atlanta is a legit contender, and we're still seeking a "true" big NFC win to prove we are contenders in the NFC.

3irty1
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Disagree entirely that we are overrated.

We beat the Eagles, a team that lit up the Falcons without any help from Vick at all. This game was somewhat close but by no means did we squeak by.
We obliterated the Bills
We lost to the Bears in a close one. Packers dominated this game statistically and instead fell victim to typical Bear shit. This is a division game where things happen.
We snuck past the lions. This is a classic example of a division game where the Lions had a great offensive strategy. The mistakes of this game have obviously been cleaned up.
Lost in OT to the Skins and had every excuse to do so. Finley was lost in the opening seconds, Matthews about halfway through. The difference in this game could be the no call helmet to helmet on A-Rod. Loss is a loss though.
Lost again in OT to the Phins. All this game really proved is that this is a different team without Clay Matthews.
Snuck past the Vikings. Got Clay back and won on the back of the defense despite having like 2 active DL.
Shut out the Jets. This could have been prettier but this defense has fully recovered from injury and is capable of winning Bears style.
Shit inside the hearts of the Cowboys.
Raped the Vikings with a dick-shaped cactus. Children will one day sing ballads of this victory.

In short, welcome to the second half of the season where the Packers begin to roll over teams. A-Rod has officially caught fire and is spreading the burning to the genitalia of defenses around the league. The closest thing the defense has to a weakness is that as a baby Clay Matthews was dipped into the river Styx but was held by his hamstring which made no contact with the waters thus leaving it susceptible to being pulled from time to time.

Of course the Packers could find a way to lose this one, it wouldn't be the first time but really its a favorable match-up and this Falcons team has had as many favorable bounces as we've had unfavorable.

Fritz
11-26-2010, 05:45 PM
So, 3irty1, here's your assessment of A-rod: "A-Rod has officially caught fire and is spreading the burning to the genitalia of defenses around the league."

Are you saying Rodgers is basically an STD?

If so, is he Syphillis Man? Gonorrhea Man? Do defensive players, after the game, not only feel sore but find sores?

rbaloha1
11-26-2010, 05:53 PM
This game is a barometer of where the Packers in relation to an elite NFC. Expect a hard fought evenly matched contest.

Fritz
11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
This is one of those games where if the team plays pretty well but loses, I won't be as tortured as I usually am by a Packer loss. As long as there are no injuries...

Tony Oday
11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
this game will show ESPN and the rest of the NFL that the Packers are the best team in the NFL

vince
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
SI's Game of the Week - Packers-Falcons

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/11/23/packers-falcons/index.html

Green Bay is tied with the Bears for the best defense in football this year (14.6 PPG). And its pass defense in particular provides a formidable challenge.

We measure pass defenses not by yards allowed -- really a useless indicator -- but by Defensive Passer Rating. We take the formula used to rate a quarterback's passing efficiency and apply it to a team's defensive stats. It has an incredibly high correlation to team success.

The Packers right now are No. 2 in Defensive Passer Rating (66.46). Only the Bears are better, and just barely (66.42). Green Bay has allowed just nine TD tosses all year, with 15 picks. Opponents complete a mere 55.9 percent of their passes; only the Jets are better in this department (51.0 percent). Green Bay is also No. 2 in yards per pass attempt against them (6.46). It's a great pass defense, in other words.

With all that said, the Packers have not exactly faced a murderers' row of quarterbacks: Michael Vick in Week 1, Mark Sanchez and Week 8 and that's about it for good quarterbacks leading good teams on Green Bay's schedule so far.

Bottom line: Green Bay's pass defense vs. Ryan at home represents what might be the toughest battle for both sides all year.

3. The Packers are the most efficient, well-run team in football this year. The Cold, Hard Football Facts put a lot of stock in efficiency over volume. Efficient teams win games, regardless of how prolific they might be.

You should put a lot of stock in efficiency, too. After all, teams that win the efficiency battle by our measure win about 85 percent of the time. Few indicators outside of final score have such an incredibly high correlation to success on Sunday.

We measure defensive efficiency through what we call the Bendability Index, our very successful effort to quantify the mysterious "bend but don't break" phenomenon. We measure offensive efficiency by what we call the Scoreability Index.

Right now, no team in football is more efficient on both sides of the ball than Green Bay. The Packers are No. 1 in Bendability: they force opponents to march an incredible 155 yards to score the equivalent of one touchdown and extra point. That's a lot of work and a lot of wasted effort by opponents with little result.

(For comparison's sake, the Chargers are dead last this year in Bendability: opponents need just 89 yards to put seven points on the board. Now you know why San Diego is just 5-5 despite its incredible rankings in most traditional indicators: they're an inefficient team.)

The Packers, meanwhile, are No. 3 in Scoreability, too. They're highly effective at turning just a few yards into a lot of points. Green Bay needs just 97 yards of offense to put the equivalent of seven points on the board.

A lot of factors go into a highly efficient team, at least the way we track it: teams that win the turnover battle, that are good on special teams, that force big plays on defense and that play well in the red zone rank very highly in our efficiency indicators. The Packers, in other words, are an efficient, well-coached team that plays smart situational football and takes advantage of opportunities presented to it on both sides of the ball.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts
Atlanta is well equipped to handle Green Bay's playmaking defense. The Falcons right now field the best offensive line in football, according to our Offensive Hog Index. And that unit will play a key role on Sunday.

The Packers are among the best in football at getting after the quarterback, as evidenced by their NFC-leading 29 sacks. Linebacker Clay Matthews leads the charge with 11.5 sacks, the most by any player this year.

Atlanta counters with one of the best pass-blocking units in football: Ryan is pressured into a sack or interception on just 5.1 percent of dropbacks. Only Peyton Manning suffers fewer mistakes (4.2 percent).

Provided Atlanta's offensive line plays up to its potential on Sunday, it neutralizes one of Green Bay's typical advantages: its playmaking defense.

The Falcons also have a better record overall, they're a solid club, and they're virtually unbeatable at home. It's hard to go against that kind of trend.

But they do have one critical weakness: the Falcons are merely mediocre on pass defense. They rank a mere No. 21 in Defensive Passer Rating, and have allowed 18 TD passes this year. That weakness does not bode well against the statistically prolific Rodgers, who will exploit that weakness and enter the "official" NFL record books in style.

The Pick
This is one of the toughest games to gauge we've seen this year: Green Bay is statistically proficient, while the Falcons never lose at home.

Here's the difference: Green Bay has surrendered just 10 points in its last three games, the best stretch of defense by any team in football this year. The Falcons, meanwhile, are soft on pass defense and face a red-hot quarterback. It adds up to a rare loss in Atlanta for the Falcons.

Green Bay 24, Atlanta 23

CaptainKickass
11-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Raped the Vikings with a dick-shaped cactus. Children will one day sing ballads of this victory.

Extra points for verbal eloquence!

3irty1
11-26-2010, 07:47 PM
So, 3irty1, here's your assessment of A-rod: "A-Rod has officially caught fire and is spreading the burning to the genitalia of defenses around the league."

Are you saying Rodgers is basically an STD?

If so, is he Syphillis Man? Gonorrhea Man? Do defensive players, after the game, not only feel sore but find sores?

Yeah almost. I'm saying that he cums fire ants.

Freak Out
11-26-2010, 08:14 PM
We could do wonders with this thread if we could only get it to the GC! DAYUM!

pbmax
11-26-2010, 09:28 PM
No way...you don't need atlanta running the ball well, eating 8 minutes of clock, leaving the O feeling anxious and helpless watching. He did it in minny hoping to calm the crowd before the O had to deal with it.

Capers gave more detail about it than McCarthy did. He said he pointed out that in something like 7 out of 9 games, the D had forced a 3 and out in their first possession.

pbmax
11-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Win against the bills. They are pretty much the worst team in the NFL, and they were having QB concerns. Noithing impressive to take away from this one.

No chance. The Arizona and Carolina are in a league of their own in a race for the worst team of the league. I'd like to put Jacksonville there too. Nobody who is -50 in point differential should be 6-4 and leading their division. And you can't call either the Vikings or Cowboys as among the worst teams.

Those two teams have talent and can still beat a good team. But they are/were dysfunctional. The Packers did what needs to be done in such cases, get on top early and wait for them to implode.

ThunderDan
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
The steelers were no sluff without ben, going 3-1. Same record we had WITH our starting QB. Steelers proved they are good with or without Ben.

Besides, steelers knew going into the game they weren't going to have ben, so they adjusted their offense.

If you want to say they are overrated, lets look at us, shall we?

Tight win against the Eagles. Starting QB Kolb goes down in the 2nd quarter. Vick comes in, with little practice all offeseason with the first team unit, and almost leads the Eagles all the way back to a win. Should he of started, it does look likely that we would of lost this game. Very unimpressive showing, considering the eagles didn't have a vick full time playing plan in place, yet they still marched up and down on us with him in.

Loss to bears: Should of won, but we didn't. We found a way to somehow lose a game it appeared we should of won. Bears, like it or not, are 7-3.

Barely beat Detroit - They aren't as bad as in previous years, but are still a bottom dweller in the NFC. Very unimpressive showing.

Loss to Redskins - Redskins are a horrible team. This is the same team that the vick lead eagles lit up. Not only did we not win, we lost. They are a mediocre .500 team.

Dolphins - Another mediocre .500 team that we lost to.

Barely beat the vikings, staving off a late comeback attempt by Favre. The win is always nice in a tight rivalry, but the vikings are hardly a good team this year.

Shut out against the jets. Best win the year. On the road, defense plays lights out. Unfortunately, our offense didn't show up. At all. This is our signature win of the entire season right now, and very comparable, honestly, to the ravens win Atlanta got.

Beat the Cowboys. End of wade philip era, one of the wrost teams in the NFC. Played inspired since his firing, but bottom line is they were a horrible team.

Blow out hte vikings. Impressive given the rivalry and on the road factor, but this team has the same record as the lions and cowboys. THey are a bad team.

So, of our wins, we have one, count it, one impressive win. We have two wins against teams who presently are above .500.

Atlanta has wins over 7-3 surprise Bucs team, Ravens, Saints. Between the two of us we technically have the most impressive victory in beating the jets on the road, but they have more quality victorys. Considering ours came in a game in which both kolb and vick played half a game, we really only have one impressive win. They have 3. Sure, they had close wins they should of won by more, but so have we.

Our teams are very comparable, so to say they are overrated is to say we are overrated. Everyone is talking about our defense, but two of the last 3 games we played some of the worst teams in the NFL. The jets was impressive, but that was it. Take off the homer glasses and you'll see Atlanta is a legit contender, and we're still seeking a "true" big NFC win to prove we are contenders in the NFC.

I know you are sad that the Vikings are out of the playoff picture.

The difference between GB and the other teams is we have 11 guys on IR. Every win against those "horrible" teams was with 4th stringers except the PHI game. If you told me Grant, Finley, Barnett, Burnett, Jones and Poopinga were all out for the season I would be happy to be a .500 team for the year.

If someone said that we would be a dominant D will Green, Raji, Jenkins (with a broken hand), Pickett (with a gimpy ankle), Zombo, Bishop, Hawk, CM III, Woodson, T Will, Shields, Peprah and Collins starting I would have laughed my ass off at the beginning of the season.

This season, this team deserves our praises. This team has outperformed any reasonable expectations for what has happen on the injury front. Kudos to TT for finding the depth and kudos to MM for coaching the kids up to play winning ball!

packrulz
11-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Falcons | John Abraham a game-time decision
Comment (0)
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:19:48 -0800

Atlanta Falcons DE John Abraham (groin) was limited during practice Friday, Nov. 26, according to D. Orlando Ledbetter, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He is listed as questionable for Week 12 and will be a game-time decision.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl#ixzz16UAz0iZr

Fritz
11-27-2010, 09:29 AM
One thing that bothers me now is the way coaches and announcers describe injuries...like they'd say this: "John Abraham has a groin."

Don't we all?

packerbacker1234
11-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Disagree entirely that we are overrated.

We beat the Eagles, a team that lit up the Falcons without any help from Vick at all. This game was somewhat close but by no means did we squeak by.
We obliterated the Bills
We lost to the Bears in a close one. Packers dominated this game statistically and instead fell victim to typical Bear shit. This is a division game where things happen.
We snuck past the lions. This is a classic example of a division game where the Lions had a great offensive strategy. The mistakes of this game have obviously been cleaned up.
Lost in OT to the Skins and had every excuse to do so. Finley was lost in the opening seconds, Matthews about halfway through. The difference in this game could be the no call helmet to helmet on A-Rod. Loss is a loss though.
Lost again in OT to the Phins. All this game really proved is that this is a different team without Clay Matthews.
Snuck past the Vikings. Got Clay back and won on the back of the defense despite having like 2 active DL.
Shut out the Jets. This could have been prettier but this defense has fully recovered from injury and is capable of winning Bears style.

In short, welcome to the second half of the season where the Packers begin to roll over teams. A-Rod has officially caught fire and is spreading the burning to the genitalia of defenses around the league. The closest thing the defense has to a weakness is that as a baby Clay Matthews was dipped into the river Styx but was held by his hamstring which made no contact with the waters thus leaving it susceptible to being pulled from time to time.

Of course the Packers could find a way to lose this one, it wouldn't be the first time but really its a favorable match-up and this Falcons team has had as many favorable bounces as we've had unfavorable.

Where we begin to roll over teams? We are 2-1 against teams with winning records... and if you look at the 2 wins, we hardly rolled over any team.

Have you looked at the second half the season? After an 8-2 atlanta team we play ont he road where Matt Ryan has only lost one time in his career, we have two very winnable games before a very hard final stretch. We got TO New England, Then play the Giants, and end it off with the bears. Counting this week, that is 4 games we could very well lose out of the next 6, knocking us to 9-7. Not saying that is what will happen, I am saying it can happen.

And for the rest of the comments, just because the vikings suck doesn't magically mean I am butthurt. We could have 30 guys on IR, does that change the fact that we still only have one impressive win on the season? Say what you want about what other teams did against the eagles, bottom line is with vick full time we don't win that game.

We did get the win, and it was stilla quality victory because Kolb isn't a bad QB, but it was less impressive considering we almost blew a double digit lead to vick.

You guys do realize I don't actually like the vikings, right? I like Favre, I like AP - I never want them to win. You can play well and still lose. I take off my rose colored GB glasses and look at things. Sure, with 11 guys on IR we look good, but we haven't really been all world. We beat the bad teams we were supposed to beat, lost so far the only division game that has mattered, and won a tough game at the Jets. We are a good team, but we can be a bit overrated. People are calling us super bowl favorites again, and bottom line is we only really beat one serious contendor. If we played the eagles now? We most likely lose.

My feelings can turn on a dime should we beat Atlanta.They are indeed a good team, at least comparable to us, except for the fact they just don't lose at home. I am sick of people using injuries and saying "see how good we are with 11 guys on ir?" Truth is we have absorbed injuries most can't, and if anything, those injuries are even more reason we are overrated. Were not as good of a team as we were heading into the season. That doesn't mean we are bad, but we kept a lot of key players in place. Lost Finely, who we lost fo r stretech last year, but still had Rodgers. OL stayed healthy. Matthews, Woodson... still here. So is collins. Jenkins didn't miss a game. Raji turned into a stud.

We are a good team, were just not as good as people think we are yet. We beat up on the baddies, lose to mediocre teams, and compete welll against good teams. To be the best, we have to beat the best. Atlanta is the best the NFC has to offer. Beat them on the road, along with that jets win, and I'll start buying into us.

Lastly, we still have more healthy playmakers on this team than the bad teams do. For all the injuries sustained, it made you really realize just how many great players we had. Forget the depth, we had A LOT of really damn good players. Clifton is playing probowl level tackle. Raji, Matthews, Williams, Collins, Woodson, Jennings - You can say what you want about the inuries, but 5 of our 11 starters on defense are studs. That is without AL Harris, Barnett, or anyhone of note at SS. When you have 5 studs stills tarting on defense, that defense is going to compete and still be pretty damn good. Take off the "man I can't believe we're this good" glasses and you'll see why we blow out the bad teams. Bad teams are that for a reason. Good teams are good for a reason, We had a lot of good players heading into this season, and we still have a lot of good players despite injuries.

3irty1
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
When I say roll over teams I'm talking about our tendencies to finish strong in past years under MM. Last year we had big questions about the team until CW and the defense pooped in the Cowboys cereal in what was almost a shutout. That win was followed by another big win over the Ravens where we clearly looked like the better team. Despite the injuries, bad luck, etc. Everyone who was a Packer fan last year knows that this team and namely A-Rod may have had the worst half season of his career to start this season... that cold streak wasn't going to last and we've seen those throws from him in the last few weeks that got him all the offseason hype.

Everything taken into account, we are a better team than when the season began. Individual improvement and fantastic play from backup players has overshadowed those injuries. When you've got a defense that is as good as any in the NFL, you have a chance to win any game. When you have a QB the caliber of Aaron Rodgers you can win any game. When you have both? You expect to win every single game. Personally I think the biggest difference between the Falcons and Cowboys is a whole lot of luck, and Mike Smith. It shouldn't surprise anyone if the Packers wreck them at least as hard as the Eagles did.

ThunderDan
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I just looked at all of the NFL records and this is what I came up with.

AFC:
NY JETS- 9-2 have played 3 winning teams and are 1-2
NE - 9-2 have played 4 winning teams and are 3-1
PITT - 7-3 have played 5 winning teams and are 2-3
BALT - 7-3 have played 4 winning teams and are 2-2
JACK - 6-4 have played 3 winning teams and are 1-2
IND - 6-4 have played 5 winning teams and are 2-3
KC - 6-4 have played 2 winning teams and are 1-1

So the only team with a winning record against other winning teams is NE.

ThunderDan
11-27-2010, 01:29 PM
NFC:
PHI- 7-3 have played 5 winning teams and are 4-1
NYG - 6-4 have played 3 winning teams and are 1-2
CHI- 7-3 have played 2 winning teams and are 1-1
GBP - 7-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 2-1
ATL - 7-3 have played 5 winning teams and are 3-2
NO - 8-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 2-1
TB - 7-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 0-3

So only PHI stands out but 3 other teams have winning records against winning teams.

RashanGary
11-27-2010, 03:33 PM
2 NFC heavy hitters. The winner leaves this game with NFC elite status (shared with Philly). The loser leaves as a playoff contender but not a NFC favorite.

HUGE GAME! Reminds me of the Dallas game in 2007.

ThunderDan
11-27-2010, 03:38 PM
2 NFC heavy hitters. The winner leaves this game with NFC elite status (shared with Philly). The loser leaves as a playoff contender but not a NFC favorite.

HUGE GAME! Reminds me of the Dallas game in 2007.

If the Pack wins tomorrow we will have head-to-head tie-breakers against both PHI and ATL. That would be a nice spot to be in.

pbmax
11-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Say what you want about what other teams did against the eagles, bottom line is with vick full time we don't win that game.

This statement is illogical and inoperative. For Vick to play the Packers in a full game, it will require the teams to meet again in the playoffs. That means that there will be an entire season of film on Vick. It also means the Packers will have 1-2 weeks to prepare for Vick. Neither condition existed in the first game of the season. There is no lesson to learn about the Packers 2010 team that can be gained by imagining a scenario of Vick making a surprise full game appearance versus the Packers.

pbmax
11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
NFC:
PHI- 7-3 have played 5 winning teams and are 4-1
NYG - 6-4 have played 3 winning teams and are 1-2
CHI- 7-3 have played 2 winning teams and are 1-1
GBP - 7-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 2-1
ATL - 7-3 have played 5 winning teams and are 3-2
NO - 8-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 2-1
TB - 7-3 have played 3 winning teams and are 0-3

So only PHI stands out but 3 other teams have winning records against winning teams.

Bingo. Good work Dan. If the Packers had removed their collective head from their collective tail, that record would be 3-0. But 2-1 is reasonable indicator that this team is good and possibly capable of great.

retailguy
11-27-2010, 07:45 PM
This statement is illogical and inoperative. For Vick to play the Packers in a full game, it will require the teams to meet again in the playoffs. That means that there will be an entire season of film on Vick. It also means the Packers will have 1-2 weeks to prepare for Vick. Neither condition existed in the first game of the season. There is no lesson to learn about the Packers 2010 team that can be gained by imagining a scenario of Vick making a surprise full game appearance versus the Packers.

Understand your point, and I agree, but I think his point was that if we had to face Philadelphia, in Philly, against Vick TODAY, we would probably lose. Dan's stats seem to back up that point.

The funny thing is that, in this thread, I don't think PB1234 and Dan are really saying anything different.

Philly is the class of the NFC right now if you ask me, and then there is a slightly lower tier of teams, that the Packers belong in, and both of them seem to be saying we'll enter Philly's tier if we win.

I don't understand the debate.... :?:

Tony Oday
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Understand your point, and I agree, but I think his point was that if we had to face Philadelphia, in Philly, against Vick TODAY, we would probably lose. Dan's stats seem to back up that point.

The funny thing is that, in this thread, I don't think PB1234 and Dan are really saying anything different.

Philly is the class of the NFC right now if you ask me, and then there is a slightly lower tier of teams, that the Packers belong in, and both of them seem to be saying we'll enter Philly's tier if we win.

We would DOMINATE the Eagles with how we are playing now. Vick, when gameplanned for, can be contained!

pbmax
11-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Perhaps, but I read his point as "look at what Vick did in the second half against the Packers. Extrapolate that out and the Packers probably lose that game." Both teams have gotten better since that game and the Packers would have a chance to prepare and look at film of Vick. Something not available to them at the time. I am not buying Philly over the Packers yet.

retailguy
11-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Perhaps, but I read his point as "look at what Vick did in the second half against the Packers. Extrapolate that out and the Packers probably lose that game." Both teams have gotten better since that game and the Packers would have a chance to prepare and look at film of Vick. Something not available to them at the time. I am not buying Philly over the Packers yet.

I think that this game against the Falcons might tell us that. I think that the Eagles just might be the best team in the NFL. If we manage to beat the Falcons and the Patriots, then for me the discussion changes. I'm not as sure as Tony that Vick can be contained. The Giants pulled it off but still lost the game...

swede
11-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Your excellent reasoning was like Data would have spelled it out. Good job.

Even Data has a bad day now and again, tho...http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/StarTrekData.gif

mission
11-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Just picked up my tickets. Good news/bad news: got em for $60 each because they're player-area tickets and comparable seats are going for $139 on stubhub. Bad news is I can't wear any Packers gear but I'm at least encouraged to cheer as crazy as I want.

Same buddy who I met in Milwaukee to go to the Cowboys game is down to join me and my wife for her first NFL game. We're excited GO PACK GO!!

packerbacker1234
11-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Not sure vick can be contained. The giants sort of did it, and yet he still didn't turn over the ball, the eagles still scored points, and in the end still won the game. That RB they have is not someone to be overlooked. Guy is scary fast. Combined with the threat of vick running and his stellar play throwing the ball this year, I don't know. It would have to be a shootout I think for us to win, and I don't know if we are consistent enough yet offensively to win a 40 poiint shootout.

I mean I know it's been debated, but Vick is, right now, playing like he is the best QB in the entire NFL. 4-1 record for the eagles against teams with winning records right now (best in the NFL), and vick is undefeated in every game he starts all 4 quarters.

Yeah... not even we have anything that can comapre to how impressive that is.

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2010, 02:11 AM
With the way he runs around, Vick has suffered some injuries in his career. There's no telling how healthy he'll be come playoff time. Also, it seems he's riding the Favre "career year" path. How the hell does he have no interceptions? He normally throws around a dozen or more picks/year in fewer than 400 pass attempts. The NFC Championship Game seems like a good place for him to revert back to the norm. We'll see. I called Philly as a contender before the year, so I'm certainly not going to pooh pooh their chances now. They aren't unbeatable though.

Pugger
11-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Just picked up my tickets. Good news/bad news: got em for $60 each because they're player-area tickets and comparable seats are going for $139 on stubhub. Bad news is I can't wear any Packers gear but I'm at least encouraged to cheer as crazy as I want.

Same buddy who I met in Milwaukee to go to the Cowboys game is down to join me and my wife for her first NFL game. We're excited GO PACK GO!!

Why can't you wear any Packer gear? :cnf: But anyway, have fun and cheer on the Pack! :cow:

mission
11-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Why can't you wear any Packer gear? :cnf: But anyway, have fun and cheer on the Pack! :cow:

We got the tickets from a Falcons practice squad player and they have rules for that particular section. Supposedly we could lose our seats... or at least Get our hookup in trouble. Thanks though, we're ready!!

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 09:06 AM

The "debate" isn't between me and PB1234, it's between PB1234 and 3irty1.

bobblehead
11-28-2010, 09:12 AM
We may all change our minds about our teams chances in this and that scenario after today....for the better I hope.

RashanGary
11-28-2010, 09:33 AM
This is about as pumped up for one game that I've been in a long time. The Arizona game, Dallas in 2007, the Favre matchups, this game. . . .

This is a huge game.

Pugger
11-28-2010, 10:14 AM
This is about as pumped up for one game that I've been in a long time. The Arizona game, Dallas in 2007, the Favre matchups, this game. . . .

This is a huge game.

Let's hope this game has a better outcome than those you just mentioned! :shock: