PDA

View Full Version : Ray Edwards sacks

Guiness
11-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Anyone notice who was responsible for the 2 Edwards sacks yesterday? Are those on Bulaga? Was he having trouble with Edwards?

billy_oliver880
11-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Bulaga got blown up on the one play. Looks like he was caught by surprise. Other one I think was quinn johnsons fault.....

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Anyone notice who was responsible for the 2 Edwards sacks yesterday? Are those on Bulaga? Was he having trouble with Edwards?

I can't remember the second one. On the first there was a blitz and Bulaga seemed unsure of which guy to pick up. Both got through relatively untouched. I don't remember him getting physically beaten.

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM

On the 1 Packers had blitz protection on the left side and the Vikings blitzed from the right. Bulaga had to pick up 2 Vikings. He had Edwards blocked just fine but the blitzing player came inside of Bulaga made ARod scramble to his right and Edwards got the sack. It looked like Wells double teamed one of the Williams in the middle to start the mess up on pass protect on the rightside of the line. Wells and Colledge doubled 1 Williams, Sitton got the other Williams, and Bulaga was left with Edwards and the blitzing LB/S.

vince
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
The first one I think it was, Quinn Johnson was clueless on who to block and Lieber came in untouched, forcing Rodgers to flee back and right, which gave Edwards the angle on Bulaga to the QB. Johnson's fault.

I can't recall the other one.

3irty1
11-22-2010, 11:30 AM
He was beaten with speed on one and power on the 2nd. The first one a blitz was missed that helped but the second one he was just caught way too high.

channtheman
11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
The first one I think it was, Quinn Johnson was clueless on who to block and Lieber came in untouched, forcing Rodgers to flee back and right, which gave Edwards the angle on Bulaga to the QB. Johnson's fault.

I can't recall the other one.

Yup. Johnson got sucked inside near the ass of the center/guard instead of filling the hole where the defender came through.

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Yup. Johnson got sucked inside near the ass of the center/guard instead of filling the hole where the defender came through.

That was the one I was talking about also. I am going to have to watch the replay again tonight. I thought it was either play-action left so Johnson was running like a lead blocker into the hole or the line miscalled the blitz to the leftside.

gbgary
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
AR held the ball too long several times. i didn't have a problem with the O line yesterday. we've got a lot of rookies (and inexperienced players) on both sides of the ball playing very well for the most part. we can't be too criticle when we're 7-3.

Bossman641
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
That was the one I was talking about also. I am going to have to watch the replay again tonight. I thought it was either play-action left so Johnson was running like a lead blocker into the hole or the line miscalled the blitz to the leftside.

I can't remember if it was PA, but both Johnson and the RB (Jackson?) were blocking on Rodgers left. To my untrained eye, it looked like Johnson was at fault.

The second sack, Bulaga simply got run right over.

Fritz
11-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Yup. Johnson sucked the ass of the center/guard instead of filling the hole where the defender came through.

FIXED.

Unless Quinn Johnson grows some brain cells and some softer hands and a better work ethic soon, I don't see how he can be on this team next year.

swede
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
QJ: I better write this down: "brane sells, softer han..." Ooops...dropped the pencil. I'll get it later.