PDA

View Full Version : Go Vikings!

3irty1
11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Starting now until the end of the year I'm a Vikings fan. I suggest you all join me for the following reasons:

1) They play the Bears again and that would help us out a bunch if they won.
2) If they win a few that should put them safely out of Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallet range in the draft.
3) Favre can now only help the Packers. We can all root for him again! I hope he lights up some scoreboards on his way out of town.
4) I want them to keep Frazier and the Tampa-2, winning will make this more possible. Bevel too.

SkinBasket
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree with this asshat. Except I still hope Bert gets broke in half and Peterson gets entangled in his selfish, idiotic, sobbing intestines.

superfan
11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Sign me up for this bandwagon.

I'd like to see a loss to the Lions just for fun, otherwise I'm in favor of them winning the rest of their games.

Cheers to a decade of 8-8 seasons and continued mediocrity for the beloved Purple.

Iron Mike
11-22-2010, 07:12 PM
The International Sign for choking:

http://www.chailife.com/wp-content/uploads/vikings-300x300.jpg

Fritz
11-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I must be an evil human being. I want the Vikings to choke on their own vomit...after they beat the Bears, 6-3, with both quarterbacks throwing four interceptions.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Starting now until the end of the year I'm a Vikings fan. I suggest you all join me for the following reasons:

1) They play the Bears again and that would help us out a bunch if they won.
2) If they win a few that should put them safely out of Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallet range in the draft.
3) Favre can now only help the Packers. We can all root for him again! I hope he lights up some scoreboards on his way out of town.
4) I want them to keep Frazier and the Tampa-2, winning will make this more possible. Bevel too.

Oh yeah. Color me purple.

Kiwon
11-22-2010, 07:47 PM
We are all Viking fans now...

HarveyWallbangers
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't root for 8-8. How about 7-9 with losses to Detroit and Buffalo.

gbgary
11-22-2010, 09:03 PM

this is good...with tjackson leading the way.

3irty1
11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
For lack of a better spot to put this, here is a link to Wayne Larrivee's dagger call against the Vikings:

http://www.filedropper.com/11-21jennings22ydtdpassfromrodgersvsminn

MJZiggy
11-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Only if they're embarrassing blowout losses. Detroit deserves that.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
losing seasons of 7-9 for eternity would be awesome. I hope Detroit tears them into pieces though.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2010, 10:08 AM

They're irrelevant by Thanksgiving. It no longer matters how they finish.

Tarlam!
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't cheer for Bert anymore. I can go with SC's 7-9, but I go with Skin's wishes, too. I hope Bert continues to disgrace himself.

3irty1
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
The Vikings next three games are home against the Giants, Bears, and @ Eagles. All three of these games are likely to affect the Packers playoff chances.

http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/go_vikings_finger.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DkK1GafRzjg/TIfuSLZbN6I/AAAAAAAABwE/mWn2vFqe7vI/s1600/minnesota-vikings2.png

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/emotionalboy123/PRIDE.png

Joemailman
12-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Eli is only one INT behind Favre. May he pass him this week.

3irty1
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Eli is only one INT behind Favre. May he pass him this week.

God Willing. Favre may be a penis-slinging ego maniac but I'd love nothing more than to see a couple of big games from him. Imagine this:

Favre takes the field against the Giants once again after an injury that threatened to end his consecutive starts streak. In the second quarter the cameraman spots something weird--Favre has what appears to be the Green Bay Packer logo drawn on his cleat. The old gunslinger has his best performance of the season, going 22 for 29 with 3 TDs and 290 yards in a gutsy performance against the Giants. During his post game interview Favre comes out with a Green Bay Packer hat. When questioned Favre says "Well since I don't have much else to play for this year, I want to do something that I really miss doing... getting the Green Bay Packers into the playoffs."

I'd forgive him.

mmmdk
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
:lol: Rooting for the Vikings??? You guys had me going...funny stuff right!? :taunt:

Fritz
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
"Favre may be a penis-slinging ego maniac..."

Dear 3irty:

I think you mean an "interception-slinging penis maniac."

mmmdk
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
"Favre may be a penis-slinging ego maniac..."

Dear 3irty:

I think you mean an "interception-slinging penis maniac."

Phew, got worried there for a sec, 'cos back in the day I was a penis-slinging hedonist...that's ok right?

HarveyWallbangers
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm rooting for them to go 8-8. I want them to beat the Giants, Bears, and Eagles. To help us. I want them to lose to Detroit. The Lions have a long losing streak against the Vikings, and I want them to get over the hump against them. That's the worse thing that can happen. They keep the Tampa 2, they get a worse draft pick, and they help us out. I don't care if Favre or Jackson is QB. Just git er done.

mmmdk
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't crave for help; Packers has to win themselves yet a loss to Patriots might be all Packers can afford to lose. Gotta do your own thing and not worry about others.

HarveyWallbangers
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
To ask the Packers to go 4-0 is a tall order (especially playing NE, NYG, and Chicago)--whether they are deserving of a playoff spot or not. It's possible that 3-1 won't get it done, so I'll take all the help we can get. We need all the help we can get for home field advantage in the playoffs also.

Freak Out
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
To ask the Packers to go 4-0 is a tall order (especially playing NE, NYG, and Chicago)--whether they are deserving of a playoff spot or not. It's possible that 3-1 won't get it done, so I'll take all the help we can get. We need all the help we can get for home field advantage in the playoffs also.

Damn...Harvey convinced me....as much as it pains me I'll root for the Vikes. We'll probably need the help.

Fritz
12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Of course. You weren't slinging it at me, so it's all good.

Gunakor
12-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Yes. Root for the Vikings. Quietly. If we keep the noise level at a bare minimum I might not get sick. The fact that this has it's own thread, titled "Go Vikings", it's already making me queasy.

Pugger
12-09-2010, 10:31 AM
How come the idea of rooting for the queens makes me a tad nausious even tho they could help us out by winning? :-p

Fritz
12-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Because football team hate is football team hate.

3irty1
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
You guys better get your head on straight. Technically we are Vikings fans right now and in many ways we are bigger Vikings fans that the normal pink jersey vikings fans that define their fanhood by their hatred of the Pack.

Get on board gentleman. You don't have to wear purple, you just have to bleed it.

Pugger
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
You guys better get your head on straight. Technically we are Vikings fans right now and in many ways we are bigger Vikings fans that the normal pink jersey vikings fans that define their fanhood by their hatred of the Pack.

Get on board gentleman. You don't have to wear purple, you just have to bleed it.

We'll root for the queens alright but it almost seems like a sin. ;-) :lol:

Scott Campbell
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Nobody ever went to hell for rooting for the Vikings to win meaningless games.

LP
12-09-2010, 03:09 PM

Are you sure about that?

swede
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM

One would think :)

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/satan.jpg

LP
12-09-2010, 07:21 PM
What exactly is the difference between a Vikings game and a meaningless game?

Little Whiskey
12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
What exactly is the difference between a Vikings game and a meaningless game?

even the meaningless game has won a superbowl

PA Pack Fan
12-09-2010, 08:30 PM
No, I will never never ever root for the vikings, especially with that butthole of a quarterback. You guys should all get drug tested.

Note to forums mods--put an extra line in before the post begins. sheesh

Tony Oday
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I cant cheer for them...I just cant!

Joe
12-10-2010, 08:11 AM
No, I will never never ever root for the vikings, especially with that butthole of a quarterback. You guys should all get drug tested.

Note to forums mods--put an extra line in before the post begins. sheesh

Unless you'd like to take over and do the work yourself, I'd suggest you rephrase your requests. I'm happy to consider any requests, but leave the sarcasm for your middle school buddies. Thank you.

Pugger
12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I cant cheer for them...I just cant!

But do you want the Giants to win? I sure don't! So I'll hold my nose and cheer for the idiots in purple.

MJZiggy
12-11-2010, 11:08 AM
But do you want the Giants to win? I sure don't! So I'll hold my nose and cheer for the idiots in purple.

I think in that case, I'll just not cheer for anyone and hope the Giants lose while making sure to not watch that game...
(in other words cheer for a loss, not a win)

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
This Giant team is looking like it could run the same course as it did in 2007. They are getting healthy and playing very well. I hope MN wins but my gut tells me they will get destroyed.

mmmdk
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Packers will face Giants...it's pretty easy: WIN. Same goes for Pats, Lions & Bears games. Is your faith in Stubby really that ambivalent?

Pugger
12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I think in that case, I'll just not cheer for anyone and hope the Giants lose while making sure to not watch that game...
(in other words cheer for a loss, not a win)

The NY/MN game is not going to shown down here cuz we get all of the Tampa games on Fox and Fin games on CBS. I'm thinking we're getting the Tampa game on Fox at 4:15 EST.

HarveyWallbangers
12-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Packers will face Giants...it's pretty easy: WIN. Same goes for Pats, Lions & Bears games. Is your faith in Stubby really that ambivalent?

What does McCarthy have to do with me rooting for the Giants to lose?

Joemailman
12-12-2010, 12:38 AM
I think he's saying if the Packers win out, it won't matter if the Vikings beat the Giants...but I could be reading him wrong.

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm hoping the Vikes win too, only cuz their underachieving Wrangler posterboy/Chilly coach have wrecked me on my pick-em pool this year. I picked them this week as a sucker, thinking Favre has one more miracle to pull off against the Giants. It only helps us, like the OP said, as no matter what the Vikes have no say in Packers straight up for the playoffs.

Sheer Blind Hope:

I hope Favre tucks his dangler in his Wranglers one more time, and pulls off a crazy win vs. the G-Men this week. I'm betting on it. That way the Pack gets help and Favre gets the much needed media attention, he desires, in the win, as the savior QB....not to mention, the the hype he undoubtedly gets, from saving 4 kids in an overturned ice-cream truck after the game, wearing his Wranglers.........Real. Comfortable. Jeans.

HarveyWallbangers
12-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I think he's saying if the Packers win out, it won't matter if the Vikings beat the Giants...but I could be reading him wrong.

I understand that. However, with or without McCarthy, what makes anyone expect we'll win out? It's unlikely that any team would win out against our last three opponents. And at Detroit won't be a cakewalk either.

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 02:39 AM
I understand that. However, with or without McCarthy, what makes anyone expect we'll win out? It's unlikely that any team would win out against our last three opponents. And at Detroit won't be a cakewalk either.

Don't worry Harvey, Detroit will still be a cakewalk. We are playing very well. Detroit is better but still sucks (look at their record once again). History says the Packers decimate the Lions tomorrow. History and Snake are good buddies. 34-14 bro.

Joemailman
12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Now the Packers really need the Vikings to beat the Bears. With the loss to the Lions, even if the Packers beat the Bears and tie them for the division lead, Bears would win tiebreaker based on better division record.

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Packers take a dump..... now I need Big Blue to rock it

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Green Bay really needs the Vikes to beat the Giants as well

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Packers suck

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 08:38 PM
G-Men need to WAX the Vikings tomorow.... just sayin'.....

I'm going to the Big Blue/Pack game..... hmmmmmm...