11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Have a good one everybody.

ThunderDan
11-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Have a good one everybody.

You too! Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!

MJZiggy
11-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Be safe all. Enjoy the day. No hitting grandma over the head with a drumstick.

Charles Woodson
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Happy thanksgiving zig and everyone here at packerrats

digitaldean
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Safe travels on the highways this weekend. Lucky my inlaws live on the other side of town, so no lengthy travel for me. Enjoy the time with family & friends.

ThunderDan
11-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Only if she takes the last drumstick before the Turkey gets to me!!

Kiwon
11-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I ate too much. Time to start exercising again.........tomorrow.

retailguy
11-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Families are different I guess. I always gave the drumstick to my grandma.

In any event, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Even you Dan!)

ThunderDan
11-25-2010, 09:55 PM

Families are different I guess. I always gave the drumstick to my grandma.

In any event, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Even you Dan!)

Sorry to disappoint you RG! Grandma was a white meat eater so she never took a leg! Grandma was served first in our family as the matron of our family!

MJZiggy
11-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I was cutting the bird and the bone fell out of the leg when I pulled to cut behind it. The breast had pulled away and the breast bone was sort of sticking out of the bird. Damned ugly, but possibly the best turkey I've ever had...Will never cook bird without bag again.

ThunderDan
11-26-2010, 09:51 AM
I was cutting the bird and the bone fell out of the leg when I pulled to cut behind it. The breast had pulled away and the breast bone was sort of sticking out of the bird. Damned ugly, but possibly the best turkey I've ever had...Will never cook bird without bag again.

Just about to put the turkey in the oven for this afternoon. Yum yum!

Sister-in-law is an emergency room nurse and had to be at work yesterday so we are celebrating today.

Oh, It's my birthday!

MJZiggy
11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Just about to put the turkey in the oven for this afternoon. Yum yum!

Sister-in-law is an emergency room nurse and had to be at work yesterday so we are celebrating today.

Oh, It's my birthday!

We used to do that all the time when my ex's mom would take on call shifts on Thanksgiving. She'd still be home as long as no one needed surgery and we'd all go for Indian on Thanksgiving. Oh and happy birthday.

Little Whiskey
11-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Cooked one of our turkeys on the weber yesterday. GREAT!

retailguy
11-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Sorry to disappoint you RG! Grandma was a white meat eater so she never took a leg! Grandma was served first in our family as the matron of our family!

Dan - was just responding to what you typed. That's all. Yesterday, I thought it was your narcissistic personality, but today I realize you just tried a joke that bombed. Happens to the best of us.

Hope your Friday Thanksgiving is enjoyable, and that your sister in law's day at the ER yesterday was uneventful. Peace.

ThunderDan
11-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Yesterday, I thought it was your narcissistic personality, ....

Thanks for the personal attack on my birthday. Way to stay classy, way to stay classy!

Jimx29
11-27-2010, 12:12 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/n3soc0.jpg

Freak Out
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM

Bag? What the hell are you talking about Zig?

retailguy
11-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Bag? What the hell are you talking about Zig?

You can buy an oven bag, and I think some turkey's are now sold with them.

Here's a recipe:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/turkey-in-a-bag/Detail.aspx

retailguy
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the personal attack on my birthday. Way to stay classy, way to stay classy!

It wasn't a personal attack. It was an O - B - S - E - R - V - A - T - I - O - N.

Hope you had a happy birthday, Dan.