PDA

View Full Version : No suspension for Seymour

Guiness
11-25-2010, 09:09 PM
I was surprised that Seymour didn't earn a suspension for his swat of Rothlisberger. I certainly thought a shot like that was deserving of one, I'm somewhat surprised it didn't start an all out brawl.

Also have to wonder if the fact the punch landed on BR had something to do with the punishment. If someone decked Manning or Brady (or just about any SB winning QB) I'm betting he'd be wearing civies the following week.

ThunderDan
11-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I am not sure but I am guessing BR must of said something to Seymour. If that was our QB and someone hit him after the whistle like that all of the OL around our QB at the time would have jumped the guy. So due to the lack of reaction on the PITT players something must have "caused" the punch.

Little Whiskey
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Doesn't Big Ben have a few superbowl rings?

Guiness
11-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Possible, but I'm not so sure. You're right, you'd expect the OL to flip out - closest I've had experience with was protecting my goalie in hockey.

I'm more inclined to think it happened fast, and took everyone a bit to catch on to what just happened.

channtheman
11-25-2010, 11:53 PM
I think that because BR is such a big douche, Goodell felt that the ejection alone was suitable.

Guiness
11-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Doesn't Big Ben have a few superbowl rings?

Ya, that's part of my point - whacking any OTHER QB with an SB ring would've gotten him a lot worse punishment. I'm not a BR fan (dating back to crashing his Hyabusa without a helmet on) but I don't think the punishment fit the crime in this case.