PDA

View Full Version : Please, TT, TRADE WALKER FOR LELIE!!!

BF4MVP
04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
I wanted them to take Lelie instead of Walker the year they were both drafted..Lelie is not as good as Walker, but he just turned 26, he is 6'3 200 so he is not small by any means, and it would be good to get a good number 2 receiver for Walker..

To me that's a lot better than getting a second or third round pick for Walker..Getting someone with Lelie's talent is A LOT better...

Pull the trigger!!!!

Does anyone else agree?

CyclonePackFan
04-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Does anyone else agree?

100 percent. Get rid of that moronic bum who thinks he deserves superstar money after one good year and some major injuries and bring in a fresh face.

Unfortunately, if we see a trade, it'll be on draft day, probably part of something like this:

Packers get:
Ashley Lelie

Broncos get:
Javon Walker

Will TT back down on his word and grant Walker's wish for a trade? I don't know. I do know that I'd sure as hell be happy with picking up 2 draft picks in a very deep draft, including another 1st rounder. Don't like giving away a top 5 pick, but we need more than one player on this team.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Packers get:
Ashley Lelie

Broncos get:
Javon Walker

Will TT back down on his word and grant Walker's wish for a trade? I don't know. I do know that I'd sure as hell be happy with picking up 2 draft picks in a very deep draft, including another 1st rounder. Don't like giving away a top 5 pick, but we need more than one player on this team.

Hell NO!!!! #15 is too low! Trade Walker and the Packs 2nd (37th overall) for Lelie and the #22.

CyclonePackFan
04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Packers get:
Ashley Lelie

Broncos get:
Javon Walker

Hell NO!!!! #15 is too low! Trade Walker and the Packs 2nd (37th overall) for Lelie and the #22.

I can handle going down to #15. There'll still be some quality LB's and DE's available. I'd rather take 3 picks in the top 37 than two first round picks, as those early 2nd rounders are usually just as good as many first rounders. We can also trade that 4th rounder the Broncos give us for Faine. We'd get (probably) a LB(Greenway? Hodge? Sims? Wimbley? Ryans?), a DE (Kiwanuka? Hali?), probably a G (Latui?) or another LB (Carpenter?), a new WR (Lelie), and a C (Faine) out of the deal.

That fills a lot of holes on this team.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
This Trade is Better:

Walker, 4rd pick, 5th overall to Oakland for Randy Moss, 7th overall pick.

Take Michael Huff at #7. If the deal cant be done, draft Huff at #5 anyway.

Deputy Nutz
04-10-2006, 02:22 PM
First off it is going to be hard to peel away any of the Broncos 1st round picks and giving up our 5th pick in the deal for basically the 15 and 22nd gives the Packers the short end of the stick. Trading Lelie for Walker also gives the Packers the short end of the stick.

Trade Walker to the Broncos for the Lelie and the Broncos's second rounder. That is more likely to happen.

packrulz
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd be thrilled with that but even though Walker is better than Lelie, Walker is hurt and Lelie is healthy and started last year. I doubt Denver would throw in a 2nd rounder, maybe a 4th so TT can get Faine. Something needs to be done at the C position or this year could be even worse than 4-12.

Patler
04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
First off it is going to be hard to peel away any of the Broncos 1st round picks and giving up our 5th pick in the deal for basically the 15 and 22nd gives the Packers the short end of the stick..

Not according to the infamous "Draft Pick Value Chart"

#5 - 1700 points
#15 - 1050 points
#22 - 780 points

The Packers would actually come out ahead by 130 points, or the value of a low 3rd round pick (#92 is worth 132 points, #93 is worth 128 points).

GBRulz
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I'd be thrilled with that but even though Walker is better than Lelie, Walker is hurt and Lelie is healthy and started last year. I doubt Denver would throw in a 2nd rounder, maybe a 4th so TT can get Faine. Something needs to be done at the C position or this year could be even worse than 4-12.

I agree 100%. Walker is still a big "what if" right now. I say take our chances and go for Lelie.

then again, that goes against TT and Bob Harlan saying they won't give into Walkers demands, blah blah blah. Bite the damn bullet and just do it. What GB should have done was bring another WR in from FA already. Right now we need Walker more than he needs us. Not a good position to be in on the bargaining table.

packrulz
04-10-2006, 05:30 PM
It reminds me so much of the McKenzie situation, after all Walker has said how can he come back? We ended up trading McKenzie anyway so maybe it's better to do it now right before a deep draft.

Guiness
04-10-2006, 05:33 PM
First off it is going to be hard to peel away any of the Broncos 1st round picks and giving up our 5th pick in the deal for basically the 15 and 22nd gives the Packers the short end of the stick..

Not according to the infamous "Draft Pick Value Chart"

#5 - 1700 points
#15 - 1050 points
#22 - 780 points

The Packers would actually come out ahead by 130 points, or the value of a low 3rd round pick (#92 is worth 132 points, #93 is worth 128 points).

Maybe, but most people think the top of this draft is very strong. The top 7 players are definitely spectacular, so I'd think real hard before trading out of that territory, point or no points.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 08:03 PM
"Maybe, but most people think the top of this draft is very strong. The top 7 players are definitely spectacular, so I'd think real hard before trading out of that territory, point or no points." Guiness

Yea ! Points can't make tackles or catch balls but LBers can't put points up on the board like a RB either. We have zero with Javon now Fans , so I would certainly make that trade, in the 1st post of this thread.

There is some good talent in the 15-22 pick slot. Certainly a decent RB there.

If we can turn that 4th rounder into Jeff Faine(won't happen) but that's sweet .

That trade would stand Ted up pretty good.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
More picks in the draft=more chances to get contributing players.

CyclonePackFan
04-10-2006, 08:22 PM

What he said -------^

Patler
04-11-2006, 05:03 AM
This draft is also predicted to be deep, meaning later picks will have more "value" than in an average year.

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 06:29 AM

What he said -------^

We have a bunch of contributors. We need to beasts on either side of the ball.

I would trade Fergie and Walker together and get package deal done for a WR and a Centre or Guard. I wish we'd have signed T.O. I wish we could trade for Moss.

I wish I had a Porsche 911. I wish I had a Lear Jet. I wish a had a mansion on Malibu. I wish 100 beautiful college girls were frolicking in my backyard, topless.....