PDA

View Full Version : The Official Packers @ Falcons Gameday Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tarlam!
11-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Have at it, Rats! Here's hoping the Packers win in spectacular fashion and I'm starting the thread next week!

Cheers!!

packrulz
11-28-2010, 04:29 AM
A win Sunday against Atlanta Falcons crucial if Green Bay Packers want home field advantage in playoffs
NOVEMBER 27, 2010
The Green Bay Packers will play their most important regular-season game in three years today against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome.
While the Falcons might not stir up the same kind of buzz for the Packers as the Brett Favre-led Minnesota Vikings, the matchup has huge implications. So much so that Packers players this week didn’t even bother trying to downplay the game’s significance.

“Not to sugar-coat it or nothing, but it’s a big one,” said receiver James Jones. “It’s a big game. They’re 8-2 in the NFC. Everybody is shooting for this playoff run. Everybody wants homefield advantage. It’s a big game and we know the impact this game can take down the road.”

What’s at stake is the chance to claim the No. 1 seed in the NFC and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Win and the Packers have a legitimate shot to claim that prize. Lose and they can kiss those hopes good-bye.

Not since a Nov. 29, 2007, game at Dallas, with both the Packers and Cowboys sporting 10-1 records, has so much been on the line in a late-season matchup. The Packers lost in Dallas that day, and now almost exactly three years later, they are looking for a better result.

The Packers (7-3) can’t afford to lose ground to the Falcons, who own the best record in the NFC.

“You don’t really want to fall two games plus a tie-breaker behind the Falcons,” said quarterback Aaron Rodgers. “We need to start thinking about homefield advantage and the playoffs, should we be fortunate enough to get there. This is a big game for us.”

How important is homefield advantage? In four of the past six seasons, the No. 1 seed in the NFC qualified for the Super Bowl. The Packers haven’t captured the top seed since 1996, which was the last time they won the Super Bowl.

Players are trained to approach each regular-season game the same, but it’s been difficult this week for the Packers to treat the Falcons as just another opponent.

“You try not to think about it because it’s November, but it’s in the back of your head,” said guard Josh Sitton. “It could potentially be a playoff implicating game.”

It won’t be easy for the Packers, considering Atlanta’s stellar 18-3 home record under coach Mike Smith. But the Packers can counter with some impressive records of their own under Mike McCarthy, including 10-3 in domes and 21-16 overall on the road.

Both teams feature talented quarterbacks that were thrust into starting roles in 2008. Both teams own four-game winning streaks, and both have been playing fundamentally sound and haven’t committed a turnover in the last three games.

“We know how important this game is,” said guard Daryn Colledge. “This is a big game. Atlanta’s controlling the NFC right now. We’d like to be a part of that talk.”

The only way the Packers become part of that discussion is by beating the Falcons.

There will be five weeks of regular-season football remaining after this game, so no one is suggesting this is a win-or-else clash. But the Packers’ playoff path would become much less treacherous with a victory today.

packrulz
11-28-2010, 04:55 AM
In Year 2, Capers has Packers sold on his 3-4 philosophy

By Steve Wyche NFL.com
Senior Writer
Published: Nov. 23, 2010 at 10:07 p.m. Updated: Nov. 25, 2010 at 12:45 p.m. Liked: 11 | Comments: 90

There are reasons why Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews -- the NFL sacks leader with 11.5 -- is having a special season, why recently little-known cornerback Tramon Williams might be playing better than most cornerbacks in the NFL, and why an injury-depleted Green Bay defense has allowed just 10 points over the past three games.

Those reasons might also lead the Packers to the Super Bowl.

"Everyone has bought in," a Packers team source said.

This isn't the same old football-speak about everyone being on the same page. The translation is that in Year 2 of defensive coordinator Dom Capers' version of the 3-4 defense, players understand their roles. They know that in certain cases they have to occupy two blockers so Matthews has an unimpeded path to the quarterback. Williams and fellow cornerback Charles Woodson have to be incredibly efficient in man coverage at times to allow disguised stunts to work effectively.

To pacify egos, something Capers and his staff found out last season, those who sacrifice stats and making plays also have packages designed for them to flash. That's a huge deal because if players don't feel like they're being put in position to succeed, they won't always give you premium effort (see Albert Haynesworth).

Last season, a lot of players in Green Bay were reluctant to embrace the change from the 4-3 front because it marginalized their playmaking skills. Outside linebacker Aaron Kampman's showed displeasure with having to move from defensive end to outside linebacker, a change that did not play to his pass-rushing strengths. Several other players weren't pleased about the switch either, but that's changed now.

"Guys weren't always receptive, but now they understand that there is a role and packages for everybody," the source said. "Guys are playing so unselfish, and they're realizing that when they do their jobs so someone else can make a play, it's just as rewarding."

Green Bay is second in points allowed (14.6) and 12th overall in yards allowed (323.4). They've forced 21 turnovers, including 15 interceptions -- three of those returned for touchdowns.

Players also trust Capers.

In the Packers' 31-3 victory over the Vikings last week -- Brad Childress' last game as head coach -- Green Bay's game plan worked as it was drawn up. Early on, the Packers dared Brett Favre to throw by stacking the box to stop Adrian Peterson and locking up the wide receivers on the edges in man coverage. Nothing new compared to what most teams do. They held Peterson to 72 yards.

In obvious passing situations, Green Bay also ran zone blitzes that applied pressure to the defense's left -- Favre's right -- because Favre prefers to break containment in that direction, and his mobility moving back to his left isn't what it was, the source said. Pressure also was schemed to be applied up the middle because Favre isn't as comfortable on the move, the source said. Adding to things, Green Bay's defensive backs were able to knock Minnesota's receivers off their routes.

Also playing into things, the Vikings' offense wasn't overly diverse, the source said. The same could be said for the 8-2 Jets, who were shut out by the Packers on Oct. 31.

That won't be the case Sunday when Green Bay travels to Atlanta to face the 8-2 Falcons in what could turn out to be the game of the week. Not only are the Falcons nearly unbeatable at the Georgia Dome (QB Matt Ryan is 18-1 as a starter at home), they have the best offense the Packers have seen this season, the source said.

"They have plays they can run two ways, they have run-pass options on so many plays," the source said. "They have so many looks. (Offensive coordinator) Mike Mularkey has put together some serious stuff. The quarterback is really comfortable, and he gets rid of the ball. They are really good.

"The offensive line is really good, collectively. Individually, there isn't a Pro Bowler there, but as a group they block through the play, they're tough and they work really well together."

And then there's wide receiver Roddy White.

"He's a complete player," the source said. "He's doing things like catching the curl and hook routes he wasn't so good at a few years ago and his yards after the catch, he's really good once he gets the ball in his hands."

Based on what Green Bay has done at times this season, I'd expect Williams to tail White for most of the game, which won't be easy because the Falcons use White from every receiver-eligible spot on the field.

The Packers are looking forward to the challenge, which leads us to the main reason why the defense is playing at such a high level.

"On Victory Monday (this week) there wasn't an empty meeting room," the source said. "Guys were in there watching film and really preparing. That's been the most incredible thing about this, the way guys have taken to preparation and film study on their own. They really want to be good."

The contagious work ethic can't be taken lightly. How else can you explain why a unit that has been hit hard by injuries is arguably playing its best with several frontline players on the shelf?

Joemailman
11-28-2010, 08:06 AM
The big thing about the Falcons is that they don't beat themselves with penalties and turnovers. If the Packers want to win, they have to continue to play relatively error-free football.
If they can do that, they have a real chance because I think the Packers are better on defense.

When a lot of people last week were a little nervous about the Viking game, my gut was telling me the Vikings were done and that the Packers would dominate. My gut this week says Packers in a close one.

Packers 23
Falcons 20

denverYooper
11-28-2010, 08:41 AM
"On Victory Monday (this week) there wasn't an empty meeting room," the source said. "Guys were in there watching film and really preparing. That's been the most incredible thing about this, the way guys have taken to preparation and film study on their own. They really want to be good."

One thing I've noticed over the last month or two is that players frequently mention film study. I've read quotes from Raji, Williams, Collins, Pickett, Shields, and Woodson all make a reference to "something they saw on film". Collins and Shields have mentioned that they learned how to study from Wood and I feel like his study habits have influenced a lot of guys on that D even outside of the secondary. I don't ever remember the players ever seeming so involved in film study but I really think their zeal for that aspect of preparation has really helped the defense raise their game.

All teams and players study film but it is huge to have a veteran player like Wood who has an effective system of film study (http://tompelissero.com/pg_film.html) and is willing to impart his methods to any of his teammates.

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Let's get it done.

bobblehead
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Ok, a gambler would point out that the Pack is coming off a huge emotional victory against a division rival and is due for a letdown. Fortunately I don't bet on Packer games. This is also a huge game and no way we let down. Too many playoff implications.

Pack 34 Atl 17 in a game that is closer than the score will indicate.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
I am going to be torn this afternoon. I am in a poker tournament to win a seat in an event in Nassau that is going to run from 11-4. So I will have the computer running the tourny and watching the Packers on the big screen. It's not going to leave much time for posting in the game day thread.

Thanks for the articles packrulz.

RashanGary
11-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I like our chances. The Falcons are good. If we can play solid ST's, low penalties and win the turn over battle . . . . . That's a lot to ask, but that's how we've been playing. If we do those things, I think our offense and defense are good enough to beat them. That dome is nasty to play it, but we're good on the road, even in loud domes. . . . .

I'm going to be horribly disappointed if we lose. Winning pumps our hopes for a championship through the roof.

Tony Oday
11-28-2010, 10:53 AM
We crush them easy! 35-3

denverYooper
Inactives: Bigby, Smith, Starks, Briggs, McDonald, Newhouse, D. Lee and Wynn

Quarless is starting...

I'm pretty surprised to see that Donald Lee is inactive.

channtheman
Lets go Packers! We show we are the dominant team in the NFC today!

gbgary
11-28-2010, 10:55 AM
we just need to keep doing what we've been doing recently. defense has been big, the o has been good and taken pressure off the d, keep getting turnovers and keep the penalties down. Packers get the win!

Tony Oday
11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
We beat them so bad a 7-4 coach gets fired!!!

gbgary
11-28-2010, 11:08 AM
We beat them so bad a 7-4 coach gets fired!!!

lol...THIS!

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Packers owe me a win versus Falcons; I'm still miffed about loss two years ago at Lambeau. :smack:

imscott72
11-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Go Packers! Time to show the league who the best team is!

imscott72
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Packers owe me a win versus Falcons; I'm still miffed about loss two years ago at Lambeau. :smack:

I'm still miffed witnessing the first ever home playoff loss against these damn birds..

RashanGary
11-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I actually watched the pregame show today. Terry had his top QB's under 30. Rodgers came in at #3 after Rivers and Rothlisberger. Seemed like a decent list.

RashanGary
11-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Surprised three of them took the Packers.

CaptainKickass
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
obligatory game day post

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
50-50 shot at a W today. Have to hold Falcon's running game in check and exploit their pass D. Need a big ST play and a few turnovers. Game comes down to the 4th Q.
Can't predict a score in this one - but I think both teams will score in the 20s.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I actually watched the pregame show today. Terry had his top QB's under 30. Rodgers came in at #3 after Rivers and Rothlisberger. Seemed like a decent list.

I didn't know Frank Caliendo was from MKE.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Only got pressure twice so far.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
There we go!

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:11 PM
And a stop. Good to take advantage of their penalty

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Where are the Rats?

Thought that FG was going wide right.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
not bad. adjustments will be made.

Bossman641
11-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Slow start for the defense but I'm confident they get it figured out.

packrulz
I am going to be torn this afternoon. I am in a poker tournament to win a seat in an event in Nassau that is going to run from 11-4. So I will have the computer running the tourny and watching the Packers on the big screen. It's not going to leave much time for posting in the game day thread.

Thanks for the articles packrulz.
Good luck in the tournament. Go Pack!

packer4life
not bad. adjustments will be made.

anyone got a good live feed?

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Played a lot of base in that series. Pass rush was not fast.

Shields came out with the ball way too late. SHould have downed it.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
http://atdhe.net/29482/watch-green-bay-packers-vs-atlanta-falcons

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=94649&part=sports

packrulz
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Is Abraham playing?

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Not a good sign when Biermann can catch your QB

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Is Abraham playing?

Yes, he is 55,.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Short of a first down.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Should have reviewed that unless I misunderstand when the QB gets marked down on a slide.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
nice challenge

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
That's the dumbest rule enforcement I have ever seen.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM
come on ref. lol

Packgator
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM
That's the dumbest rule enforcement I have ever seen.

What a cheap penalty. By rule is guess it is a penalty but it had nothing to do with the play.

Zool
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Any other streams? Wrong audio on that one.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Good luck in the tournament. Go Pack!

Busted out AK vs TT

On Rodgers slide wasn't he touched by the LB? I thought if a QB slides feet first you can't touch him. If Rodgers didn't duck the LB would have hit him head to head.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:23 PM
What a cheap penalty. By rule is guess it is a penalty but it had nothing to do with the play.

Of course it was Bush that did it.

pbmax
ZOMBO!

Jimx29
ZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderDan
Keep the sword to yourself Zombo! Great sack!

Tony Oday
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
ZOMBO!!!!

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Dumb block Packers.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
On Rodgers slide wasn't he touched by the LB? I thought if a QB slides feet first you can't touch him. If Rodgers didn't duck the LB would have hit him head to head.

Just asking again?

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
seriously.....how does that block in the back even happen? It's the most stupid penalty in the game. whoever does it should be sat down for the rest of the game W/O pay

packer4life
11-28-2010, 12:26 PM
field position field position field position

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Just asking again?

You can't hit the QB but you can tag him down, even though technically it isn't necessary. Not sure about the helmet to helmet if Rodgers doesn't duck.

But he did not hit the ground until the ball was past the 1st down marker. But if rule is he is down when he starts the slide, then the spot was correct.

Tony Oday
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow B Jack attacking

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:29 PM
great catch dd!

ThunderDan
You can't hit the QB but you can tag him down, even though technically it isn't necessary. Not sure about the helmet to helmet if Rodgers doesn't duck.

But he did not hit the ground until the ball was past the 1st down marker. But if rule is he is down when he starts the slide, then the spot was correct.

THe LB was leading with his helmet it wouldn't have been a touching if ARod didn't get flat on the turf.

Tony Oday
RUN RIGHT!!!!!

pbmax
Jackson needs one faster step. But does not have it.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Quarless just decleated Biermann

Tony Oday
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Jackson needs one faster step. But does not have it.

Or one more damn block!!!

packer4life
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
embarrassing. we are running the no huddle and are still forced to take a time out haha

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Try this page, there are several choices:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=94649&part=sports

Guiness
11-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Can't seem to get a feed going. Anyone have a working one from the second link pbmax gave us?

I love the description of Jenning's catch

(5:05) A.Rodgers pass short left to G.Jennings to GB 45 for 30 yards (J.Abraham).30 yards is short left? What do you have to do for a deep pass???

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
ONE CUT Brandon! But 4 yards looks great compared to rest.

ThunderDan
Jackson is so average. He makes the nice cutback to the hole and instead of hammering he tries to make another move.

Jimx29
are you at this one? http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

pbmax
Can't seem to get a feed going.

I love the description of Jenning's catch

30 yards is short left? What do you have to do for a deep pass???

They mean the original target placement of the pass. I would have called it medium

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:34 PM
come on Pack!

pbmax
How did he not get that with the hoile that was there?

gbgary
short. do we go for it?

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
How many times on 3 and 1 do we run that play? And we get stopped almost everytime.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 12:36 PM
How many times on 3 and 1 do we run that play? And we get stopped almost everytime.

There has got to be more than 2 plays on the fucking play chart for 3&1 and 4&1.

Guiness
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
are you at this one? http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

That link gives me nothing (in FF). Do you need a plug-in of some type?

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
There has got to be more than 2 plays on the fucking play chart for 3&1 and 4&1.*Note who the coach is*

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:38 PM
chillar hurt on that kick return. arm or something.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 12:39 PM

You do need to d/l their v-share software to view, but I see (hear) now that that stream does have the audio from another game. Great video though.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Not sure what our gameplan is so far - did they see the middle of the field open on pass attempts thereby letting Arod get some yards? Tough to end 2 drives on down and inches to go.

Like the pressure on the last series.

Looked like chillar got dinged on the kickoff coverage...

Guiness
Good coverage on that 3rd and 3

gbgary
way to go Packer D!

pbmax

A lot of atdhe sites use vshare, which I have never gotten to work on a PC with Firefox.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice D - again. Let's take one to the house - need somethign on ST.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Good coverage on that 3rd and 3

I am a little worried he was behind Woodson and no safety was deep. Might have been the coverage call but that play could have really hurt.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 12:44 PM
ST are anything but "special" today so far.

packrulz
11-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Not sure what our gameplan is so far - did they see the middle of the field open on pass attempts thereby letting Arod get some yards? Tough to end 2 drives on down and inches to go.

Like the pressure on the last series.

Looked like chillar got dinged on the kickoff coverage...
Chilly needs to cover Gonzalez, uh-oh

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:45 PM
What do we do this offensive series. Backed up again... Let's get Arod in some rhythm with some short passes. The obligatory attempt at running with Jackson?

Jimx29
better call that one

pbmax
WOOT! Swain nice route and run

gbgary
swain looks like a maniac out there. lol

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Offensive game plan? 5 wide and stress the bad secondary. Rodgers had another option there that wasn't double covered.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
threw it too soon. one more tick for jennings to separate would have been a td.

Guiness
Swain really threaded the needle between two defenders on that play!

pbmax
Jones just does not hold on to the ball. Though that was a big slam.

Nice protection./

Fosco33
2nd series with GB getting a big play to get outta their goalpost shadow - and then another PF. Love seeing some shorter passes here.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Wrong protection that time. Unblocked OLB to passer

Larry says it was run pass option

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Rhytm obtained by QB. Nice short throws when first read not there.

pbmax
He held on that time. Good run Jones.

Fosco33
Love the quick out to Jones and let him pound for extra 5 yards.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Rhytm obtained by QB. Nice short throws when first read not there.

Definitely.

MadScientist
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
first and goal. Punch it in!

Guiness
11-28-2010, 12:51 PM
anyone got a streamtorrent to work?

pbmax
Not the best throw

Fosco33
Interesting call to a toss to the FB... why did we have 2 guys in the same space. Blown?

pbmax
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Colledge whiffed on QB sneak

pbmax
Fumble

Fosco33
jesus...

MadScientist
Fuck!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
if he fumbled in the end zone, how is that not a TD?

Brandon494
Should be up 14-3 right now un fucking real!

Fosco33
thanks for no replay Fox... Why is Arod our primary rb today? Man I wish we had Grant.

pbmax
http://www.vissattv.info/2010/11/ch-1.html

This worked for me.

rdanomly
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
if he fumbled in the end zone, how is that not a TD?

+1

Fosco33
I know I shouldn't complain about offensive playcalling - but really? A toss to Quinn/Quarless - questionable. 5wide spread and QB sneak... and another QB sneak.

Brando19
He was throwing to Quarless...Johnson messed that one up.

Bossman641
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Blown opportunities so far today

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
dang it. enough with the sneaks. stupid play call.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:56 PM
well - you don't beat good teams who play very well at home by giving them points. Remember this one.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 12:57 PM
How about time for a turnover of our own!! Come on D.

mmmdk
If you can't win close games then who are you? I'd like a better answer today!

C'mon Pack!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
Zone play, lineman got cut to the turf.

Tarlam!
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
anyone got a streamtorrent to work?

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/48576-Streaming-2010-NFL-Week-12

Click on Webstreams: http://show-sports

gbgary
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
concern over Rodgers arm/wrist?

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:00 PM
damm. they got lucky there.

Freak Out
11-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Pure fuckery.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:01 PM
nice challenge dumbfuck

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Wasn't a catch but no replay until after the next play.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:02 PM
nice challenge dumbfuck

How do you challenge without a replay showing it until AFTER the next play.

Freak Out
11-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Why not burn a TO there for fucks sake?

Tarlam!
11-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Could be a game changer.......

Fosco33
These kinda games just piss me off. Are our coaches/booth that inept? It's a 4th down catch going to the ground - and we had time to watch it live/replay and you don't challenge. You wanna keep those timeouts? Fucking stupid.

pbmax
http://www.vissattv.info/2010/11/ch-1.html

This worked for me.

Still working.

Brando19
Unreal...who is in charge of watching the replays?!? I'm a little concerned over Rodgers wrist...why the heck do you call two back to back qb sneaks???? We're better than that!

Jimx29

shouldn't of mattered. halftime is near and there should of been a challenge no matter what.
typical pussyassed M3 challenge

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Why not burn a TO there for fucks sake?

Based on what

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
These kinda games just piss me off. Are our coaches/booth that inept? It's a 4th down catch going to the ground - and we had time to watch it live/replay and you don't challenge. You wanna keep those timeouts? Fucking stupid.

The only replay before the next play was unclear

Brandon494
11-28-2010, 01:05 PM
fuck this shit, so pissed right now

Fosco33
How do you challenge without a replay showing it until AFTER the next play.

The replay was before the next play... plus - you hope they have a dvr.

gbgary
COME ON PACKER D! NO TOUCHDOWNS.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
The only replay before the next play was unclear

Again - are we keeping our timeouts for fun? why not - M3 typically is agressive with the challenge. And it was questionable on the 1st replay. Bonehead non challenge

Bossman641
shouldn't of mattered. halftime is near and there should of been a challenge no matter what.
typical pussyassed M3 challenge

And then you would be bitchin that MM makes stupid challenges and wastes TO's

Guiness
Still working.
working in IE, but not FF. I've been noticing more and more of that lately, FF seems seriously broken these days.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM

I might have missed one, but the replay I saw was unclear because it was from the Packer sideline side of the field. The one that showed it was from the endzone. That one got shown AFTER the next play.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM
working in IE, but not FF. I've been noticing more and more of that lately, FF seems seriously broken these days.

Working for me in FF. Update?

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
clearly no one doubted the call and told MM to challenge.

pbmax
Someone blew the coverage. Horrible

Bossman641
Way too easy there

gbgary
wow. how did ne get that open?

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
survey said 80% of Pack fans approved HC McCarthy - don't expect much I guess.

Jimx29
< is confident we'll never win the "big one" as long as M3 is in charge. deer in the headlights every single time

Brandon494
fucking joke, complete fucking joke!

Fosco33
wow - 3 Packers standing there looking stupid.

gbgary
we'll get it back. no worries.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM

Teams are not allowed to tape the game while in progress. Photos only. League rule.

Jimx29
survey said 80% of Pack fans approved HC McCarthy - don't expect much I guess.

where was this poll?

Fosco33
Could be 10-3 or 14-3 ... nah - we'll take 3-10.

Glad we have all those timeouts for our 8 seconds.

Really hope Arod's wrist is ok. Got a halftime to make some adjustments and we get the ball 1st.

Bossman641
My god you people have no confidence. We have moved the ball all over the field and are down 7 at half. There is an entire half to go.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Teams are not allowed to tape the game while in progress. Photos only. League rule.

Interesting - didn't know that. Wonder why photos only?

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
where was this poll?

ESPN, I think but not sure.

Jimx29
perfect...another cartoon from faux

ThunderDan
That TD was really compliments of CWood and Peprah who both had chance to tackle the RB on the 3 and 19 and allowed the 4&3 if either makes the tackle ATL punts.

wootah
Hey Numb, I like your twitter (http://twitter.com/slandermuse)! Very amusing.

Go Pack Go!

Packers4Glory
11-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Pretty much you don't come back from a goal line turnover and the resulting drive being stuffed down your face. 14 point swings are tough to overcome vs bad teams much less good ones.

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
My best friend is a Falcons fan - he loves our head coach :lol:

He will get bragging rights....AGAIN!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Hey Numb, I like your twitter (http://twitter.com/slandermuse)! Very amusing.

Go Pack Go!

Nice....except I have never "twittered" in my life. ;)

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:15 PM
That TD was really compliments of CWood and Peprah who both had chance to tackle the RB on the 3 and 19 and allowed the 4&3 if either makes the tackle ATL punts.

that's a bit of a stretch.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:16 PM
< is confident we'll never win the "big one" as long as M3 is in charge. deer in the headlights every single time

This argument always looks good when the team has had a setback. But it tells us nothing about the game or McCarthy. It is simply looking at the result and blindly assigning blame.

Willard
11-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Pretty much you don't come back from a goal line turnover and the resulting drive being stuffed down your face. 14 point swings are tough to overcome vs bad teams much less good ones.
Of course, you're right. I guess I'll go Christmas shopping now that the game is lost. Hopefully we'll be able to rebound against the 49ers, but I doubt it.

ThunderDan
that's a bit of a stretch.

Not really, if either makes the tackle the drive is over. Plan and simple. Yes other stuff happened after but both had a great chance to end it with a sure tackle.

Guiness
Back to the turnover...I don't think I ever knew what the rule was on that.

Peterson was tackled in the end zone - it's a touchback. If a QB gets sacked, it's a safety. What's the difference? Because he's a defensive player?

pbmax
Interesting - didn't know that. Wonder why photos only?

Because the home team would have a HUGE advantage. Then the league would need to equalize access to video. Expensive and hard to govern. Also, coverage, like replay, would be affected by the TV coverage (and number of cameras) at the game.

packer4life
11-28-2010, 01:18 PM
the blame birds are out. We are going to score after regrouping. Aaron is playing in a huge game and will settle down on his play switches in the second half. Our D for the most part is going to bend and hopefully not break again. We need to play lights out, we knew that coming in. I think we have a good chance here despite the poor first half result.

mr_blonde
11-28-2010, 01:18 PM

McCarthy can't think "on his feet". He gets caught up in the moment. The Packers will lose this game simply because McCarthy will be out-coached in the second half. Smith will make the necessary adjustments; McCarthy will be caught with his thumb up his ass ..... again ...

The only coach McCarthy could consistently out-coach was Childress.

I really hate McCarthy .....

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:19 PM

I agree. The Packers invited the fourth down attempt.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:20 PM
This one feels a lot like the Redskin game. Let's see how they respond - good measuring stick for our playoff chances.

Jimmy Johnson's halftime analysis of the non-challenge was spot on.

red
11-28-2010, 01:20 PM
who is the fucking asshole who's suppose to be watching replays and telling fat mike when to challenge?

Fritz
11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I've sometimes wondered why coaches don't assign an assistant coach to watch the television feed. Those networks that show the games have so many cameras from so many angles that you'd think that'd be very useful when thinking of challenging.

Or do they already do this?

Since that 4th down play was so near the end of the half and the Pack had two timeouts left, I wondered why MM didn't call a timeout for two reasons: one, to give his assistants a chance to decide whether the 4th down catch was worth challenging, and two, to give his defense a quick breather.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
thank gawd there's a posts-per-page setting that changes the default 10 posts. kinda hard to follow stuff when there's 17+ pages with only 165 or so posts

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
This one feels a lot like the Redskin game. Let's see how they respond - good measuring stick for our playoff chances.

Jimmy Johnson's halftime analysis of the non-challenge was spot on.

what did he say? I can't watch him after the extenxe BS

<<<<< *edited to show 2345 posts :D

Fritz
Man, you negative nellies are out full bore. Holy smokes.

Up to this game all was well in Packerland; now, after a fumble on the goal line and a score the other way, half the people here want MM fired IMMEDIATELY.

Whoa. Settle down, people.

Or maybe people are just blowing off some steam, which is underestandable.

pbmax
Back to the turnover...I don't think I ever knew what the rule was on that.

Peterson was tackled in the end zone - it's a touchback. If a QB gets sacked, it's a safety. What's the difference? Because he's a defensive player?

Its who had possession first. Packers had possession. Then fumble. If Pack recover in endzone, its a hodgepaodge of rules about advancing the ball after a fumble. I think the Holy Roller rules come into play. But if the Falcons recover the ball, like an INT in the endzone, its a touchback.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
McCarthy can't think "on his feet". He gets caught up in the moment. The Packers will lose this game simply because McCarthy will be out-coached in the second half. Smith will make the necessary adjustments; McCarthy will be caught with his thumb up his ass ..... again ...

The only coach McCarthy could consistently out-coach was Childress.

I really hate McCarthy .....

You apparently only can hate him when the Packers are losing. Otherwise, we don't see you here at all.

Carolina_Packer
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, it totally makes sense in that spot to use the challenge, even if you're not 100% sure you'll win. All you lose is the challenge and the time-out and if you're right, you stop their drive. Easy to second-guess, but geez, you gotta figure the best way to prepare for stuff like this is to spitball strategy around the coaches table in the off-season, so that when you get in the moment, you know exactly what you're going to do. Situational coaching...who knew!?

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
smokey halftime show, eh?

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:28 PM
man...now there's some 'not jordy' speed

pbmax
I've sometimes wondered why coaches don't assign an assistant coach to watch the television feed. Those networks that show the games have so many cameras from so many angles that you'd think that'd be very useful when thinking of challenging.

Or do they already do this?

Since that 4th down play was so near the end of the half and the Pack had two timeouts left, I wondered why MM didn't call a timeout for two reasons: one, to give his assistants a chance to decide whether the 4th down catch was worth challenging, and two, to give his defense a quick breather.

They do, but that is not the only responsibility from what I remember. And he could have. But the only replay I saw before the half was unclear and it would have been a TO called on a hope and prayer that something else turned up.

Fosco33
Positives:
Arod is 9/11. Keep the pass game going - need about 20 more attempts.
Def has 2 sacks - after Falcons only gave up 2 in last 4 games. Keep up the pressure and hope for a turnover.

Not Positive:
Jackson - 4 attempts for 4 yards. Yawn.
2 punt returns for 1 yard. Need better starting field position - have to get a ST big play.
Ryan is on hot and Turner is halfway to 100.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
For all the shit that happened wrong in the 1st half we are only down 10-3.

How come we are always on the shitty end of refs calls that need to be challenged?

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
what did he say? I can't watch him after the extenxe BS

<<<<< *edited to show 2345 posts :D

Basically - it's 4th down and you have to take a shot at a challenge - even just as a timeout.

Packers4Glory
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Good start after the TO and score. Not

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Jackson - 5 attempts, -2 yards rushing.

Guiness
11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
wow did we get blown up on that 2nd and 1

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Shields with very nice return that he almost broke. But Jackson cost his team the possession by going backwards. He is not having a good game with his brain.

Tarlam!
11-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Guin, you need to switch to Chrome. It is just superb.

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Because the home team would have a HUGE advantage. Then the league would need to equalize access to video. Expensive and hard to govern. Also, coverage, like replay, would be affected by the TV coverage (and number of cameras) at the game.

Makes sense. Can I sign-up to be M3s official replay guy. I'd watch all games in 8 second delay and have an open conference call with the assistant in the booth. If there was a sniff of an issue - tell them to challenge.

:-)

MTPackerfan
just run straight ahead for cripes sake. Put kuhn back in there

mmmdk
Hey, we got a sweep of the Vikings! Gotta stay positive!

Fosco33
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
just run straight ahead for cripes sake. Put kuhn back in there

Seriously!

Freak Out
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Based on what

4th down call....end of the first half...critical play....rushing to the line. At least you rally the D and might get the challenge. It ended up costing us big.

But it's not the end of the world.

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
mm is getting stuck in the "we have to run it" thinking. need to get back to passing for first downs.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
mm is getting stuck in the "we have to run it" thinking. need to get back to passing for first downs.

deer in the headlights

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
TFL for Hawk!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
hey...that GM commercial looks like us....except the getting back up part that is

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
TFL for Hawk!

Let's talk Hawk a little; I want Hawk back and ship Barnett. Hawk is back to 2006 and 2007 form. He fits this D well.

Thoughts?

Bossman641
11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Their LB's are attacking the line hard. Play action anyone?

MTPackerfan
take Jackson out put in Kuhn! or Nance

Jimx29
FML..........

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM
trick plays. geesh.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Helmet to helmet

MTPackerfan
leading with the helmet

pbmax
Helmet to helmet

Or maybe not.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 01:44 PM
How is that not 15 yards? FUCK ANYONE CAN HIT AROD AT ANYTIME AND THE REFS LET IT GO!

MTPackerfan
nice catch JORDY

Jimx29
stupid gamble that actually pays off :rolleyes:

Bossman641
That a way Nelson

Tony Oday
GO DON BEEBE!!!! ERRR I mean Jordy Nelson ;)

gbgary
great catch by jordy.

wootah
Great throw & catch!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:45 PM
nice...

MTPackerfan
wow, another Rodgers run, MM is playing with fire

mmmdk
How is that not 15 yards? FUCK ANYONE CAN HIT AROD AT ANYTIME AND THE REFS LET IT GO!

I agree

mr_blonde
You apparently only can hate him when the Packers are losing. Otherwise, we don't see you here at all.

Unlike you I have a job, family, friends, etc .... a life outside a fucking message board.

I tell you what, why don't stop worrying about me and focus on your sorry and pathetic life. 10,000+ posts in 4 years tells me you are nothing but a fucking loser!!!!! Jobless, living with mommy and daddy and surfing gay porn sites is not healthy lifestyle, you cunt ....

Do us all a favor and go fuck yourself .... LOSER!!!

MTPackerfan
But anyway SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbgary

way taller than beebe.

ThunderDan
hey...that GM commercial looks like us....except the getting back up part that is

Hmmmm 10-10 seems like we are back in the game!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:46 PM
man....I just pulled a hammy just watching that replay

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:46 PM
AR is PISSED! i like it when he's pissed.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:47 PM
4th down call....end of the first half...critical play....rushing to the line. At least you rally the D and might get the challenge. It ended up costing us big.

But it's not the end of the world.

I can see the logic there. But if you don't win the challenge, but that is betting a TO on there being a replay worth looking at.

ThunderDan
Unlike you I have a job, family, friends, etc .... a life outside a fucking message board.

I tell you what, why don't stop worrying about me and focus on your sorry and pathetic life. 10,000+ posts in 4 years tells me you are nothing but a fucking loser!!!!! Jobless, living with mommy and daddy and surfing gay porn sites is not healthy lifestyle, you cunt ....

Not called for at all! Please go away if this is what you are going to post!

Jimx29
Hmmmm 10-10 seems like we are back in the game!

but GM isn't run by MM.

Bossman641
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM

Apparently your life is only ongoing when the Packers are winning.

Get out of here with your garbage/

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Not called for at all! Please go away if this is what you are going to post!

deer in the headlights
X's 2

Fosco33

I think he called that - just as his own redemption for fumbling the last TD away. Fine with it - but really - we have NO running game. Gimicky flea flicker on 3rd and 1 after a stuff on 2nd and 1.

Also love when Arod is pissed. His teammates need to get pissed too. Pack should be up by 2 scores right now. It was our game to win - now we have to go and grab it.

Would love to see an INT right here leading to a TD. Get the pts off turnover to even.

mmmdk

I loved Beebe - remember that OT win vs Niners in '96? 220 yards and TD.

ThunderDan
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
but GM isn't run by MM.

No they were run into bankruptcy! Where as GB was in the playoffs last year.

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
would that possibly be the first kickoff that was knelt down in the endzone for Crosby?

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM

When you're drunk...are you "pissed" or "pissed off"??? :lol:

Freak Out
11-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Please don't feed the trolls......well....it is fun.

Bossman641
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Terrible tackling. Come on

MTPackerfan
make a tackle

ThunderDan
That's just like the 3rd down in the first half. 3 guys to make the tackle and the RB carries them for a 1st down.

pbmax

Look at the cute internet bully! My digital feelings are hurt! Trying wiping your tears of anger with the keyboard.

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I cannot believe six Packers failed to make that tackle.

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow, I just saw my PR name: "The impatient Euro Rat"...now that's funny :lol:

gbgary
11-28-2010, 01:56 PM
come on Packer D!

Jimx29
Wow, I just saw my PR name: "The impatient Euro Rat"...now that's funny :lol:
:D

MTPackerfan
come on Defense!!

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Jimx29
11-28-2010, 01:58 PM
jeeezus...how abut tackling instead of everyone going for the ball

pbmax
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Instead of penalties, the Packers are giving away first downs with shoddy tackling.

mmmdk
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Turner is a monster.