PDA

View Full Version : I feel like we lose everytime...

CaptainKickass
11-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Maybe I'm just still pissed off about last weeks loss but, I genuinely feel like we lose every time Aaron Rodgers does that stupid "Championship Belt" celebration move.

I know I've mentioned before about how stupid it looks, and how stupid it seems from the leader of our team, and that a dude should certainly not use a move like that until AFTER he's actually won some kind of championship, but I swear - as soon as I saw him do the "belt" in the end zone, I said "Aww sonofabitch Rodgers! Now we're gonna lose this game for sure"

Then, the broadcasters decided to keep showing it on their replays when coming back or going into commercial breaks. Seemingly just to piss me off.

Have we actually won a game in which Arod does the "belt" move?

CaptainKickass
11-30-2010, 01:15 PM

Maybe I'm just still pissed off about last weeks loss but, I genuinely feel like we lose every time Aaron Rodgers does that stupid "Championship Belt" celebration move.

I know I've mentioned before about how stupid it looks, and how stupid it seems from the leader of our team, and that a dude should certainly not use a move like that until AFTER he's actually won some kind of championship, but I swear - as soon as I saw him do the "belt" in the end zone, I said "Aww sonofabitch Rodgers! Now we're gonna lose this game for sure"

Then, the broadcasters decided to keep showing it on their replays when coming back or going into commercial breaks. Seemingly just to piss me off.

Have we actually won a game in which Arod does the "belt" move?

Harv pointed out that we won the first of the 2 consecutive games against Arizona last year where Arod did the "belt". Anyone know of any other game we won where he does the "belt" ?

sheepshead
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
What if he did it and it wasnt on TV?

CaptainKickass
11-30-2010, 01:28 PM
What if he did it and it wasnt on TV?

What if Superman ate 10 pounds of laxatives?

What if's might be funny - but are pointless to me regarding this topic.

Other than that 1 pointless AZ game - anyone recall a W when Arod does the "belt"?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

packers11
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
he does the belt everytime he basically scores and I think its hilarious... Rodgers is awesome , I think the belt celebration makes him even funnier... I thought you were going to post "I feel like we lose everytime ... by a FG" or " everytime the packers have a nailbitter at the end"

I'm all for the Rodgers belt !

rdanomly
11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't know about the belt celebration, but we've both lost and won games when ARod ran in for a touchdown. He ran in for a TD in the Buffalo game (win), and he ran for TDs in the losses to Chicago, Miami, and Atlanta. We lost to Washington, but no rushing TD for ARod.

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Superfan hates the belt. I find it funny. He not only does it on scores, but he does on long runs sometimes also. I doubt there's any correlation between Rodgers doing it and us losing.

Tony Oday
11-30-2010, 02:12 PM
we used the belt in MN twice...

sheepshead
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Other than that 1 pointless AZ game - anyone recall a W when Arod does the "belt"?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Im just sayin man..this is, I suppose some kind of jinx hunt, therefor, what if he did it and the cameras weren't on him?

swede
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Does anyone else do a "rip the shirt open" move? ARod should do that if it is not taken.

I think that would be more understated and have several possible meanings, as in Clark Kent coming out of the phone booth, or the Hulk exploding out of his human constraints, or Tom Brady showing off his 19-0 T-shirt. Well, maybe not the last one.

Fritz
11-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Anyone?
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Umm, you're not really asking us to not joke about this topic, are you? You're trying to prove cause and effect with Rodgers' "belt" move being a cause for losses. How serious can we be about that?

As for the belt move, it's awful and stupid as moves go. I still say he should thrust his hips forward in the general direction of the nearest opposing player, or, better yet, thrust his hips against the opponent's mascot. Now there's a move we can all "get behind"!

VermontPackFan
11-30-2010, 03:55 PM
He's a kid, if thats the worst thing we can say about him I'm okay with it. But how about the little hop/skip move he does when hes running after a big play or score? He jumps and sort of freezes in mid air with one arm in front of him and another behind him, anyone else seen that move? Sort of like a frozen Popeye...My wife asked if he was gay after she saw him do that against the Vikings...

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I love the Popeye too.

Bossman641
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
He's a kid, if thats the worst thing we can say about him I'm okay with it. But how about the little hop/skip move he does when hes running after a big play or score? He jumps and sort of freezes in mid air with one arm in front of him and another behind him, anyone else seen that move? Sort of like a frozen Popeye...My wife asked if he was gay after she saw him do that against the Vikings...

I think he is doing the Super Mario punch.

channtheman
11-30-2010, 05:25 PM

My 8 year old brother does a little jump skip thing just like that. I think it's hilarious!

swede
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM

It may be in his muscle-memory from doing it in speed-work activities where it is a common drill. I've noticed it also and I think it is a very genuine expression of happiness.

Joemailman
11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Packers lose every time the other team kicks a last second field goal.

Little Whiskey
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Does anyone else do a "rip the shirt open" move? ARod should do that if it is not taken.

I think that would be more understated and have several possible meanings, as in Clark Kent coming out of the phone booth, or the Hulk exploding out of his human constraints, or Tom Brady showing off his 19-0 T-shirt. Well, maybe not the last one.

I thought, more like, hulk hogan tearing off his shirt before a wrestling match. maybe they could play "real american" everytime rodgers scores. then he could rip the shirt open followed by the championship belt move. classic!

after a win, he could go with the flex off moves, followed up with the hand to the ear at each side of the field.

Jimx29
12-01-2010, 12:37 AM
'Tis better than the cullpecker roll

wootah
12-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I like it. I also like the Shoryuken.

http://www.radarnois.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rodgersken.gif

Arod is like a kid out there.

sheepshead
12-01-2010, 07:31 AM

sheepshead
12-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Packers lose every time the other team kicks a last second field goal.

Funny Stuff

sheepshead
12-01-2010, 07:35 AM
and let's not forget this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmZ1uF4VfSs

gbpackfan
12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I LOVE THE BELT. I do the belt everytime I do something good at my job! LONG LIVE THE BELT!

swede
12-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I LOVE THE BELT. I do the belt everytime I do something good at my job! LONG LIVE THE BELT!

I think it is funny when you do it, due to the increased degree of irony. AR not so much.

packers11
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I like it. I also like the Shoryuken.

http://www.radarnois.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rodgersken.gif

Arod is like a kid out there.

hahaha love it...

can you clip the championship belt too...

MichiganPackerFan
12-01-2010, 01:04 PM

As long as he keeps FAR away from Favre's "rip the fly open" move, we're good.

CaptainKickass
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Umm, you're not really asking us to not joke about this topic, are you? You're trying to prove cause and effect with Rodgers' "belt" move being a cause for losses. How serious can we be about that?

As for the belt move, it's awful and stupid as moves go. I still say he should thrust his hips forward in the general direction of the nearest opposing player, or, better yet, thrust his hips against the opponent's mascot. Now there's a move we can all "get behind"!

We are all here for entertainment Fritz. I like posting things - sometimes just to see what other supposedly humans will do with it. It's far more entertaining than any reality programming. I mean, reality TV gives reality a really bad fucking name, ya know?

"Words - on a forum"

CaptainKickass
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm telling you again - beneath his nice guy/California jock/jesus/soft rock record label owner wanna be exterior - Aaron Rodgers is a fan of Thrash-Punk legends DRI (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles)

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/Juliao5tech/dri_patch.jpg

CaptainKickass
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
and let's not forget this one:

One of my favorites Sheep -

And here - in practice - as a joke - I find the belt move acceptable.

Fritz
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
We are all here for entertainment Fritz. I like posting things - sometimes just to see what other supposedly humans will do with it. It's far more entertaining than any reality programming. I mean, reality TV gives reality a really bad fucking name, ya know?

"Words - on a forum"

Captain, I am deadly serious here. I want Rodgers to celebrate not with his silly-ass belt move, but by grabbing the opponent's mascot, or an opposing player, and bending it/him over and thrusting furiously and theatrically. Perhaps while waving to the crowd in a friendly manner.

That move says it all. It's very modern (none of this sportsmanship crap) and very attention-getting.

And it's better than reality television, because it's not real fake sex, like Jersey Shore, it'd be fake real sex.

If that's too extreme for folks, then I propose Rodgers pretend to whip out his willy, then pretend to snap pictures of it. Maybe he could get his cleats painted so they look like green crocs.

Patler
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I hate all of Rodgers' little shows.
The one and only "celebration" antic that is worth a crap is........the handshake. Thank you Mr. Woodson for bringing dignity back!

swede
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Captain, I am deadly serious here. I want Rodgers to celebrate not with his silly-ass belt move, but by grabbing the opponent's mascot, or an opposing player, and bending it/him over and thrusting furiously and theatrically. Perhaps while waving to the crowd in a friendly manner.

That move says it all. It's very modern (none of this sportsmanship crap) and very attention-getting.

And it's better than reality television, because it's not real fake sex, like Jersey Shore, it'd be fake real sex.

If that's too extreme for folks, then I propose Rodgers pretend to whip out his willy, then pretend to snap pictures of it. Maybe he could get his cleats painted so they look like green crocs.

Fritz, that post compels me to remember Hunter S. Thompson himself, who once said, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

CaptainKickass
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Captain, I am deadly serious here. I want Rodgers to celebrate not with his silly-ass belt move, but by grabbing the opponent's mascot, and bending it/him over and thrusting furiously and theatrically. Perhaps while waving to the crowd in a friendly manner.

Fritz - I think you need to watch this short documentary before you continue your Mascot speculations

(Note the Packer logo in the background around 2:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVmxtdO7AQ

Guiness
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Damn...you know, that's good. A huge FU, and I'm not sure what the NFL could do about him miming taking pictures...everybody at the offices would be ticked off, but I don't think there's much they could really do. I seriously love this idea!

Got his twitter? Send him this suggestion.

pbmax
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Once they banned Chad Johnson from putting the football with the pylon, I lost all interest in celebrations. That move was hysterical.

At some point, the Packers could have had someone putting the football into the center of the 'G' like it was the cup, and had other players holding the flag and reading the putt like a caddy. Endless possibilities. Announcers could have played along as well.

It a eye of the beholder problem, as I usually have no problem if it makes me laugh.
Johnson putting? Works for me.
T.O. with his Sharpie or popcorn? Works.
Joe Horn with a cell phone. Horrible.

Little Whiskey
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Fritz - I think you need to watch this short documentary before you continue your Mascot speculations

(Note the Packer logo in the background around 2:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVmxtdO7AQ

the guy at the 2min mark! priceless!!!!

Iron Mike
12-01-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVg5JRR53VE

wootah
12-02-2010, 02:00 AM
hahaha love it...

can you clip the championship belt too...

http://i45.tinypic.com/bhhnx3.gif

I didn't make these btw. Just google images "Aaron Rodgers shoryuken" or "Aaron Rodgers belt" and you find them.

wootah
12-02-2010, 02:44 AM
I hate all of Rodgers' little shows.
The one and only "celebration" antic that is worth a crap is........the handshake. Thank you Mr. Woodson for bringing dignity back!

I'm a bit torn here. As a youth soccer coach, I absolutely hate it when my players celebrate a goal with something rehearsed. I just want them to take the damn ball so that we can score again as quick as possible. But as a spectator, I don't mind a little show, provided that it's done by a good player, on a crucial moment and that it's somewhat of a unique thing for the player. Too much becomes annoying (like Usain Bolt for example), but a little is allowed. Rodgers is as old/young as I am, and the fact that his celebratations are all references to kids stuff from the early 90's, is pretty funny to me. Actually I'm waiting for him to do a Mortal Kombat fatality soon. Hopefully on Colledge.

What's your take on Rodgers weekly invasion of the team captains photo (http://incolor.inebraska.com/billd/images/SAS/rodgerssistinechapel.jpg)?

This is the one of last week:
http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2010/11-November/bie_9154--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Hilarious.

Fritz
12-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Now that I've seen the groupie/mascot documentary, I like my idea even better. Go Aaron! I'll be at Ford Field Dec. 12th, so I'm looking forward to seeing Rodgers bend over that stupid Lion mascot.

As for my second idea - miming taking pictures of his "croc" - that, in conjunction with the documentary on mascot groupies, makes me see that Brett Favre may have a post-NFL quarterback future. Maybe he could be the mascot for a local minor league baseball team, and get some chicks that way.

swede
12-02-2010, 07:13 AM
What's your take on Rodgers weekly invasion of the team captains photo (http://incolor.inebraska.com/billd/images/SAS/rodgerssistinechapel.jpg)?

Hilarious.

I have two observations.

One, I also think AR's insinuations into team photos is really funny.

Two, don't players wear ANYTHING under those pants? When I hear that a player is out with a groin injury is it really more of an injury to a "joint"? Hey, Charlie! Jimmy Dean called. He wants his sausage back.

At least Rodgers is wearing a loincloth.

pbmax
12-02-2010, 07:31 AM
I have two observations.

Two, don't players wear ANYTHING under those pants? When I hear that a player is out with a groin injury is it really more of an injury to a "joint"? Hey, Charlie! Jimmy Dean called. He wants his sausage back.

Precisely. At some point the resolution of my TV will exceed my desire to see that much detail. Its very close right now.

Fritz
12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm waiting for Jenn Sterger to post in this thread.

MJZiggy
12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I have two observations.

I'll have to look at those images again. I did once see a shot of Mason Crosby kicking that should make ol' Brent pretty jealous...

mmmdk
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Now that I've seen the groupie/mascot documentary, I like my idea even better. Go Aaron! I'll be at Ford Field Dec. 12th, so I'm looking forward to seeing Rodgers bend over that stupid Lion mascot.

As for my second idea - miming taking pictures of his "croc" - that, in conjunction with the documentary on mascot groupies, makes me see that Brett Favre may have a post-NFL quarterback future. Maybe he could be the mascot for a local minor league baseball team, and get some chicks that way.

YES! And so it shall be!!! :drma: