PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers has good temper

steve823
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
The game is on the line and the Packers have no rushing attack. They're playing at the Georgia Dome where only 1 team beat the Falcons with Matt Ryan as their starter in the past 19 games. Rodgers has beautiful drive. 4th and long goal due to holding and he buys time and throws a rocket to Jordy Nelson. Great drive and great play by Arod. Ok...

A few minutes after that drive special teams can't cover and a scrub LB (walden) grabs a facemask to tack on 15 more yards. Game over.

I could only imagine how pissed he must have been after doing all that to see the game end in such a bad and easy way to win (they hardly did anything to get in Fg range - just dump offs).

On a side note: I hope this shuts all the people up who say Aaron Rodgers doesn't have many game winning drives. This is why..because he drives down the field then the Special teams or defense fails. (in the past year it was the defense - now its the ST)

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Just for clarification. The scrub LB was Matt Wilhelm, and he's a long-time veteran of the league. Can't really blame him for the face mask though because he might have saved the TD. I can blame him for being a part of coverage unit that failed on the play.

denverYooper
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=4847&section_id=40

The Green Bay Packers had just lost yet another close game on Rodgers’ watch – a 20-17 defeat at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons that ran Rodgers’ career record in games decided by four points or fewer to 2-12 since taking over as the starter in 2008 -- and Jennings, Rodgers’ go-to receiver, wanted to remind his quarterback that this one wasn’t on him.

“I told him in the shower, ‘We did what we were called upon to do. But it’s a team game,’” Jennings said after Falcons kicker Matt Bryant made a 47-yard field goal with 9 seconds left to send Rodgers and the Packers to defeat. “When you have a letdown in other categories, you put pressure on the defense. (Special teams) put them in a bad position against a very good offense. We just can’t hurt ourselves like that.”

Fritz
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
My flat-coat retriever has a good temperment, too.

swede
11-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Isn't it about time for her distemperment shot?

Joemailman
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
My flat-coat retriever has a good temperment, too.

Can he cover kicks?