PDA

View Full Version : 13 and counting

Patler
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Chiller and Havner put on IR. That's 13 with 5 weeks to go.

pbmax
11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I am beginning to think Dr. Pat McKenzie's email account is regurgitating the same message to Thompson for every evaluation. 8-12 weeks and surgery.

He needs to clear his Auto Text.

Either than or Thompson is stocking up for next year. Can you imagine the bump the Packers get when 7 starters and 6 key backups come back from PUP?

OS PA
11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Our IR is better than a quarter of the leagues starters. This is rigoddamndiculous.

Bossman641
11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Meanwhile, Shaun Hill misses practice today and the Bears are slated to face their second 3rd string QB of the year.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

denverYooper
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Meanwhile, Shaun Hill misses practice today and the Bears are slated to face their second 3rd string QB of the year.

It'll just be that much sweeter when GB Crushes the Bears in the last game of the year to win the division.

The larger avatars really do yours justice.

Joemailman
11-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Normally 13 is bad luck. But since it is 13 instances of bad luck, does it mean good luck? Sort of like a double negative becoming a positive?

swede
11-30-2010, 06:55 PM

The word you are searching for may be "riggodamndiculous" if OS PA can be believed.

vince
12-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Normally 13 is bad luck. But since it is 13 instances of bad luck, does it mean good luck? Sort of like a double negative becoming a positive?
I think it means McCarthy broke a mirror.

And swede, it's rigoddamndiculous. And you call yourself a teacher.

packrulz
12-01-2010, 04:07 AM
That sucks, but I wonder if TT will pick up a RB and LB now to fill those roster spots, he's already bringing in LB Francois from the practice squad. I don't want some washed up, expensive old guys though, maybe snatch some young guys off practice squads.

vince
12-01-2010, 05:27 AM
It's the Curse of Frankenbacker.

Fritz
12-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Honestly, this is riddickerous. And it's going to continue to cost this team games. Look at the Atlanta game...Wilhelm is on this team because Poppinga...no, Barnett is out for the year. Not that I blame Wilhelm for the loss, but it's all these instances of backups playing for backups that is adding up.

Wouldn't this be a better team if even half the guys on IR were not? Wouldn't Jermichael Finley make a difference to the offense? Wouldn't Mike Neal in the d-line rotation help the defense? Wouldn't special teams be better if it wasn't switching new guys in all the time because the Derek Martins and the Brady Poppingas of the world keep getting hurt?

mmmdk
12-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Honestly, this is riddickerous. And it's going to continue to cost this team games. Look at the Atlanta game...Wilhelm is on this team because Poppinga...no, Barnett is out for the year. Not that I blame Wilhelm for the loss, but it's all these instances of backups playing for backups that is adding up.

Wouldn't this be a better team if even half the guys on IR were not? Wouldn't Jermichael Finley make a difference to the offense? Wouldn't Mike Neal in the d-line rotation help the defense? Wouldn't special teams be better if it wasn't switching new guys in all the time because the Derek Martins and the Brady Poppingas of the world keep getting hurt?

Spot on! Finley and Neal are the ones we miss the most...oh and Ryan Grant too. The rest can be replaced. Actually, some backups have outshined the starters; Peprah, Bishop and Bulaga comes to mind. Replace those with rookie Burnett, Barnett and Tausch. I'll take the former.

Thing is: injuries suck and we have a boat load of 'em.

packrulz
12-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Packers Promote Francois, Gordy From Practice Squad
Posted by Rob Demovsky December 1st, 2010, 11:03 am
The Green Bay Packers promoted linebacker Robert Francois and cornerback Josh Gordy from the practice squad today to replace linebacker Brandon Chillar and tight end Spencer Havner, both of whom were placed on injured reserve yesterday.
This is Francois’ second stint on the active roster this season. He spent four weeks on the roster earlier this year.
It’s the first promotion for Gordy. The 5-11, 195-pound rookie from Central Michigan spent the last 10 games on the Packers’ practice squad. He had spent most of training camp with Jacksonville.
To replace them on the practice squad, the Packers signed receiver Terrance Smith and linebacker/defensive end Curtis Young. Smith (6-0, 195) is a rookie from South Carolina State. He had signed with the Jacksonville Sharks of the AFL, but that season has not yet begun. Young (6-1, 270) is a rookie out of Cincinnait. He played in one game this season for Sacremento of the UFL.
– Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

pbmax
12-02-2010, 07:23 AM
The only positive from the injuries this season is that the Packers have worked out every Street Free Agent available this year. And had half of them have been on the practice squad. The pro personnel squad can take some well earned vacation time this offseason. In March, hopefully.

MJZiggy
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
The only positive from the injuries this season is that the Packers have worked out every Street Free Agent available this year. And had half of them have been on the practice squad. The pro personnel squad can take some well earned vacation time this offseason. In March, hopefully.

Can we find out where they're going and take vacation with them? I hate February snow.