PDA

View Full Version : Chillar to IR

packers11
11-30-2010, 04:12 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers placed LB Brandon Chillar (shoulder) on injured reserve, ending his season.
Chillar had been dealing with a shoulder injury going back to late September, and he aggravated it in last week's game at Atlanta. Subbing in as a nickel backer, Chillar totaled 18 tackles in eight games this season. He's due back in Green Bay at $2 million in 2011.

gbgary
11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
got hurt on a kick off return. bad news.

mission
11-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Don't want a guy getting hurt, but this is one of TT's worst (extensions). Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

VermontPackFan
12-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Don't want a guy getting hurt, but this is one of TT's worst (extensions). Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Why was it a bad resign? Ive always thought Chillar was an above average backup who provided quality depth and was very good when game planning against good TE's & recieving RB's.
This is the first time he has gone down with a prolonged injury isnt it?

mmmdk
12-01-2010, 07:16 AM
A shame with Chillar as he's a fine backup and has a contract that doesn't kill ya.

Kiwon
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
The ranks of the IR is getting crowded.

mission
12-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Why was it a bad resign? Ive always thought Chillar was an above average backup who provided quality depth and was very good when game planning against good TE's & recieving RB's.
This is the first time he has gone down with a prolonged injury isnt it?

For some reason I thought he got a 4yr/32mil contract which I just confirmed to be wrong. 4 years, 21 mil with 7 guaranteed is what he signed. 3-4 starter money when he was starting; now he's not.

Just don't think we've even got AJ Hawk production from the guy. The numbers still don't match IMO.

Patler
12-01-2010, 01:18 PM

For some reason I thought he got a 4yr/32mil contract which I just confirmed to be wrong. 4 years, 21 mil with 7 guaranteed is what he signed. 3-4 starter money when he was starting; now he's not.

Just don't think we've even got AJ Hawk production from the guy. The numbers still don't match IMO.

Looks like the Packers control an awful lot of the value in the contract. I found this:

12/14/2009: Signed a four-year, $22.65 million contract. The deal includes $7 million guaranteed. 2010: $1.9 million, 2011: $2 million, 2012: $2.7 million, 2013: $3 million, 2014: Free AgentA little cash out the door this year, but nearly $14 million that the Packers will pay only if Chillar still seems worth it. If the shoulder injury is serious, he might not see any of it. If a lot of it is in bonuses the last two years, he could be around for part of it. Could be similar to what they did with Bubba Franks. What looked like a big contract really wasn't so bad because they never paid a big chunk of it.

CaptainKickass
12-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Weren't we saying last year that we would have done better if it wasn't for the injuries?

Do we have enough dudes on IR yet to form a whole football team?

Fritz
12-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes, as long as 11 of the thirteen can play both ways. It's a little old-school, but yes. And you'd have two subs.