PDA

View Full Version : Green and Poppinga cleared to practice

bigcoz75
08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
At Monday morning's practice "Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that running back Ahman Green and linebacker Brady Poppinga passed their physicals. McCarthy said both players would take part in limited drills during the full-pads practice Monday night," says Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

bigcoz75
08-07-2006, 02:31 PM
"Running back Arliss Beach probably will be allowed to return this week, according to Thompson. Beach has been out since suffering a concussion July 30 after being belted by linebacker Abdul Hodge in a blitz-pickup drill," reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"Thompson indicated that running back Ahman Green (thigh) and linebacker Brady Poppinga (knee) were close to returning."

On the other hand, "It's beginning to look as if rookie cornerback Will Blackmon won't be ready to play until at least mid-season if he plays at all for the Green Bay Packers this season."

Murphy37
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Should we place bets on whether or not Green or Popps play in the game this weekend? I'm guessing no for Green, yes for Poppinga. I'm cool with that as long as they can practice, and for Green, learn the new system.

TPF
08-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, we need Green this season.

bigcoz75
08-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I would be very surprised if Green is on the field Saturday. Poppinga on the other hand I thought he was going to run on the field during Family Night he was so pumped. It may be difficult for the coaches to hold him out.

Did anyone see him sprint out of the tunnel when the linebackers were introduced? zig zagging through the group first to the sideline and coach.

TPF
08-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Green-No. Poppinga-Yes.

red
08-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Great news

i doubt we see either one play this week, and might not see green play at all this pre-season, and if he does it might just be a little bit in the last couple of preseason games. MM is going to bring him back in slow, the team can't risk a setback with him

bigcoz75
08-07-2006, 03:03 PM
From Packers.com

That's fine with Green, who doesn't anticipate being involved in full contact until the end of next week, at the earliest. There's no specific timetable for his return to full duty, but the third preseason game (Monday, Aug. 28, at Cincinnati) is a tentative goal at this point.
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/07/3/

Tony Oday
08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Green said in the family night interview on the sidelines that he has been running in this system since high school and he is abasically a one cut runner anyway so not too worrie there.

I think the coaches may lose an arm if they try to keep Popp out!

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Green, Poppinga Back At Practice For Limited Duty

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

posted 08/07/2006

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/07/3/

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!