PDA

View Full Version : JT is back!

Guiness
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
The Raiders signed J.T. O'Sullivan and placed Bruce Gradkowski on injured reserve.

This is his 11th team, including all four in the NFC North!

Green Bay
Chicago
Minn
NE
Carolina
Det
SF
Cinci
SD
Oakland

and the team that drafted him - New Orleans.

Tarlam!
12-03-2010, 02:05 AM
He has a jersey collection second to no one in the NFL!!!

channtheman
12-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Pretty amazing that a guy like J.T. O'Sullivan can hop around like that but Daunte Culpepper is only good enough for the UFL.

Guiness
12-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Pretty amazing that a guy like J.T. O'Sullivan can hop around like that but Daunte Culpepper is only good enough for the UFL.

I'd guess that Culpepper wants to start, hoping to work his way into an NFL starting gig if he can show he's healthy again.

Salary in that league is $50K/season, isn't it? I wonder if he got that???

hoosier
12-03-2010, 07:56 AM

Did you see him play against the Packers last year when he was on Detroit's roster? He hasn't gotten any better at decision making over the years, and now whenever he tries to take off runniing he takes about three steps and then has to hobble over to the bench. 260 lb. immobile, injury prone, interception prone QBs have a hard time cutting it even with the Lions.

Little Whiskey
12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Culpepper wasn't much when he lost Moss. an example of a receiver making a qb better than he was.

Fritz
12-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Man, JT O'Sullivan still making a living in the NFL. I wonder what he gets - what's the minimum wage in the NFL?

He's got to be thinking that it's pretty cool to be him. It's almost like one of us gets to stand on the sideline with the clipboard, then pick up a check on Friday for ten grand or something. JT O'Everyman!

Packgator
12-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Is this now a "JT THE LIVING LEGEND" thread?

Patler
12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Putting together available salary information and his career stats, he has been paid approximately:

$500,000/touchdown pass, or
$30,000+/completion

Probably compares favorably to all of the top QBs!

MichiganPackerFan
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Putting together available salary information and his career stats, he has been paid approximately:

$500,000/touchdown pass, or
$30,000+/completion

Probably compares favorably to all of the top QBs!

I guess its just nice to know he's there!

Patler
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
There are a bunch of O-linemen like that too. Every now and then you hear of a guy with a 10 or 12 year career on 8 or 10 teams and just a handful of starts, never more than 1 or 2 in any season. We had a thread about one this fall.

While he had a lot of starts early in GB, I think Tony Moll is headed for that kind of career. I see he has two starts this season. Harbaugh had this to say about him:

“Tony played solid football. Tony gives you value because he can do a lot of things. He plays all five positions across the front. I thought he did a solid job at right guard."

MJZiggy
12-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Is this now a "JT THE LIVING LEGEND" thread?
Yes.

Guiness
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
There are a bunch of O-linemen like that too. Every now and then you hear of a guy with a 10 or 12 year career on 8 or 10 teams and just a handful of starts, never more than 1 or 2 in any season. We had a thread about one this fall.

While he had a lot of starts early in GB, I think Tony Moll is headed for that kind of career. I see he has two starts this season. Harbaugh had this to say about him:

Grey Ruegammer was like that as well, wasn't he? I remember hearing about him on a team a few years after he left us, but not starting.

Patler
12-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Grey Ruegammer was like that as well, wasn't he? I remember hearing about him on a team a few years after he left us, but not starting.
Yup. 10 years, 124 games 17 starts, but 11 of those came in one season for the Packers. Looks like he made about $5.5 to 6 million.

RashanGary
12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
And now McGinn has an informative piece about backup lineman, McDonald. McCarthy absolutely glows about him. Geeze, we'll have to see.

If both Lang and McDonald are players. . . . . Holy crap, we're in good shape. Gonna have to see that to believe it. They liked Barbre and Giacomini too.

One glowing comment about one backup lineman seems legit. Glowing about two. . . . Now I'm suspicious.

Guiness
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Yup. 10 years, 124 games 17 starts, but 11 of those came in one season for the Packers. Looks like he made about $5.5 to 6 million.

I remember one of the problem with him being that he sweated too much - literally. Made him a not-so-good center. Our QB at the time (wore #4, I think?) said the ball was slippery because Grey covered it in sweat.

vince
12-04-2010, 05:43 AM
From what I saw in OTA's and training camp, McDonald has great feet. He was more nimble and quick than all the other rookies, including Bulaga early on. Knowing the extremely difficult childhood and teenage background he's overcome to get where he is, you also have to believe he's tough and works hard.

Obviously we don't see anything of him now, and McCarthy isn't going to say something bad about anyone, but they decided to keep him on the 53 when you'd have thought he'd safely make the PS and they kept McDonald over Al Harris, who couldn't have been easy to cut, so their actions speak as loudly as McCarthy's words here too.

Pugger
12-04-2010, 07:58 AM
LOL! Before I opened this thread I was thinking to myself - is this about T. Jackson in MN???!!!