PDA

View Full Version : James Jones

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Its time for this guy is start! I think Jones has surpassed Driver as a player far and away. Let Jones start the rest of the year and sign him to an extension in the off-season. Next year with Jennings and Jones starting and Finely coming back we should hopefully have the best passing attack in the NFL. Add Nelson and even Swainn to that and Rodgers will have a lot of up and coming talent to throw to.

I liked extending Driver when it happened because he has been an amazing player and person for the packers for such a long time, but now I kind of wish we didn't. I think between Finley, Quarless, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Swainn, and maybe a late round draft pick (someone who is also a returner) this unit would be simply amazing next year. Add Grant coming back and hopefully better all around blocking (pass and run) next year from the o-line and look out.

My point is I kind of think with Finley down and with Driver looking like he has slowed down some, this is good chance to go with James Jones. I would love to see him get more time on the field with Jennings.

pbmax
12-05-2010, 08:56 AM
It would be nice if he would stop fumbling and dropping, but both he and Jordy have been more productive than Driver since his injury. But I think its injury right now that is the difference between the old guy and the new ones.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
It would be nice if he would stop fumbling and dropping, but both he and Jordy have been more productive than Driver since his injury. But I think its injury right now that is the difference between the old guy and the new ones.

Maybe, but I am not so sure how true that is. I see it more as Jones getting better more than Driver simply being injuried. Lets face it, not many 35 year old guys produce at a high level late in their careers. I beileve that Jones and Nelson would be just as productive if not more productive than Driver even if he was fully healthy. Jones does fumble a lot and that is pissing me off as well. But lets not talk about drops without mentioning Driver and his drops as well.

rbaloha1
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
JJ is too inconsistent. Hope the Packers do not offer a big contract.

RashanGary
12-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I like JJ more. He's no more inconsistent than Driver.

red
12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
it would be nice he he gave 100% on every play like driver does. JJ has the talent but it just looks like his head isn't in the game on every play

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Can I delete this thread lol. Amazing td. lol

red
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
yeah, bad timing for this thread

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Can I delete this thread lol. Amazing td. lol

Apparently DD reads Packerrats.:lol: You were his inspiration. Well done!:bump:

HarveyWallbangers
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Jones is an enigma. I thought he had poor game. One game = great. Next game = terrible. On the deep ball that hit the San Fran player's helmet, Jennings would have come back for the ball to draw the interference. Then, on another deep ball he inexplicably slow down. I thought it was a great throw by Rodgers, and Jones made him look bad.

SkinBasket
12-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Jones is an enigma. I thought he had poor game. One game = great. Next game = terrible. On the deep ball that hit the San Fran player's helmet, Jennings would have come back for the ball to draw the interference. Then, on another deep ball he inexplicably slow down. I thought it was a great throw by Rodgers, and Jones made him look bad.

I thought the same thing. Except I think Jones is consistent. Consistently suck ass. His stand out performances have still been marred by mistakes and have been the result of better WRs drawing the 1-3 CBs.

packerbacker1234
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Jones has the physical tools. We've seen it in his small glimpses of brilliant play. However, he is one of the most inconsistent recievers we have, and that inconsistency would find his way to a 4th WR on most teams. The problem is our 4th guy is Nelson, who while consistent in his play, doesn't have the toolset to make some of the catches jones does.

Donald Driver isn't going anywhere. Nor should he. When we had finely, and immediatly after finley went down, Driver was "the man". He was matching finely catch for catch and helped spark our passing attack while Jennings was struggling. Driver then got hurt, and until today it didn't look like he was fully healthy. Today he got open on several occasions and Rodgers misfired. DD should of had a TD that Rodgers overthrew, and another first down catch that rodgers threw too far outside, with Driver barely getting a hand on it. This could all be timing related though, and I am sure given another week of full reps that timing they had earlier in the season will return.

Driver is a consistent player. He looked like he was getting back to form today and I look to see that continue. His amazing 61 yard TD just epitomized the type of player he is. He's tough, he doesn't give up, and his effort level has always been higher than most around him. That turned into a TD solely due to his effort. Most guys would of gotten out of the first tackle, most wouldnm't of spun out of the second, dodged the 3rd (most run out of bounds there), and dragged a couple with him into the endzone.

He also had a nice 1st down grab early in the game. Should of had another TD and another 20 or so yards on a misfire.

If DD is back to form as it looks like he is, along with Jennings... watch out.

To say Jones gives even half the effort Driver does on every play, and is deserving to start over him is ludacris. I could see the argument when Driver was hurt, but now that he is healthy he is clearly a grade ahead of the two guys behind him.

channtheman
12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Jones lackluster effort and his attitude about how he needs more opportunities are total BS. The guy is a loser that gives up on plays. Nearly every deep ball to him is incomplete and he makes no effort to get to it. Jennings makes the effort and catches the ball. Stop fucking around with James Jones and let Swain play some more.

mission
12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Jones lackluster effort and his attitude about how he needs more opportunities are total BS. The guy is a loser that gives up on plays. Nearly every deep ball to him is incomplete and he makes no effort to get to it. Jennings makes the effort and catches the ball. Stop fucking around with James Jones and let Swain play some more.

I agree 100%. That ball that hit the defenders helmet today??? He could have reached up and got that but instead he waits back with his little hand cradle hoping for good stuff to fall into his hands.

Jones needs to get his head out of his ass as much as anyone on this team.

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
He reminds me of a guy like Patrick Crayton. Has the skills to be a legit #2 receiver, but doesn't seem to have the heart.

packerbacker1234
12-06-2010, 12:59 AM
And that is why Donald Driver is the man. Doesn't complain, has the ability to make plays, and he gives maximum effort on practically every single play, whether it went to him or not. He has helped spring Jennings a few times this year by providing some solid blocking.

All of this and he is what, 35? Outside of when he was hurt - Driver has looked liek the same guy to me. He was our leading WR through the first 6 games, got hurt, and finally appears to be healthy again. I expect a big end of the season out of Driver. He is a proven WR in cold weather, he's healthy, and it's not like we're really throwing to the TE's anymore. Him and Jennings are going to see a lot of balls the rest of the year, and hopefully into the playoffs.

3irty1
12-06-2010, 05:35 AM
If a players potential is represented by their flashes of brilliant play then Jones can be Anquan Boldin. He's a great third WR to have but I'd still prefer a guy who does all the little things well like Driver. Keep up the Jones bashing though, from what I've seen he's like a crazy girlfriend, the worse you treat him the more he produces.

SlimPickens
12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
I'll take a whole team of Drivers any day! I think he's feeling better. As usual great timing!

pbmax
12-06-2010, 08:04 AM
That catch and run was Donald telling everyone he isn't dead yet. His chances have been few and far between for a few weeks. I am sure he was tired of running around and feeling like a decoy.