PDA

View Full Version : Packers In The Pro Bowl?

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I mean, if we somehow don't end up in the Super Bowl.

Locks: Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews

Decent Chance: Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams or Charles Woodson

Possible: Josh Sitton
Chad Clifton
Nick Collins
Cullen Jenkins
B.J. Raji
A.J. Hawk

MJZiggy
12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Are we voting?

Joemailman
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
If you wish. http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?icampaign=PBBallot_HPstrip

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson, and Jennings are locks. Williams has very good chance. Jenkins should go, but I don't think he will. I don't think anyone should go but them again a lot of it is popularity. Collins may go just b/c he went the last two years and there are not that many elite safeties in the NFC. I'm pretty no one else will go.

MJZiggy
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
If you wish. http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?icampaign=PBBallot_HPstrip

Let me rephrase: We're voting, right?

Guiness
12-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I would hope Raji gets some votes.

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I think Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson, and Jennings are locks. Williams has very good chance. Jenkins should go, but I don't think he will. I don't think anyone should go but them again a lot of it is popularity. Collins may go just b/c he went the last two years and there are not that many elite safeties in the NFC. I'm pretty no one else will go.

I think it would be very tough for Woodson and Tramon to both make it. Tramon is probably having the better year, but Woodson certainly has the name recognition. A big game on national TV against the Patriots would help Tramon's chances.

sheepshead
12-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Ill bet the Bears send only one guy maybe 2, ironically.

mmmdk
12-06-2010, 08:00 AM
When Packer players play well; I become a homer. Voted Rodgers, GJ, Sitton, Raji, Clay, Jenkins, Tramon & Collins.

MichiganPackerFan
12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Deserving: Rodgers, Sitton*, Raji*, Williams, Matthews, Jennings
* Won't make the cut

Smidgeon
12-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Deserving: Rodgers, Sitton*, Raji*, Williams, Matthews, Jennings
* Won't make the cut

I agree with those, but I think Jennings will get snubbed again... Although with Fitz having a poor QB and seemingly only Roddy a definite lock, who else would it be?

SnakeLH2006
12-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I think after yesterday's game, Cullen Jenkins has a very good chance to make the Pro Bowl. He gets sacks in bunches now with 2 hands.

CaptainKickass
12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
How about Clifton? I'm not sure myself but he has indeed found an apparent fountain of youth.

Bossman641
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Ill bet the Bears send only one guy maybe 2, ironically.

Nah. Bears fans vote in droves. At the least Hester, Urlacher, and Peppers will all make it.

pbmax
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I think after yesterday's game, Cullen Jenkins has a very good chance to make the Pro Bowl. He gets sacks in bunches now with 2 hands.

Jenkins hurt his calf, so he is going to miss some time. That won't help since he would be a first timer and he doesn't have a ton of name recognition by the fans.

DonHutson
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Locks:

Clay Matthews - even though he seems to be struggling with injuries a bit lately, he built up enough numbers and good press early that there's no way he's not in

Good shot:

Aaron Rodgers - 4 NFC QBs are vying for 3 spots. Vick should be a lock. That leaves Rodgers, Ryan, and Brees. Rodgers has the numbers, Ryan has the best record, and Brees has the reputation. Can't say he's a lock, but it's a 66% chance.

Charles Woodson - Not the best cover man on the team? Maybe not, but he's a better all around player. While he doesn't have the numbers of last year, he has the rep and he's still deserving.

Nick Collins - similar situation to Woodson, but nobody jumps out as clearly better in the NFC. I think he gets in.

Greg Jennings - he's been in the mix for three years without getting in. Probably due to splitting votes with Driver. With Driver and Finley hurt there's no question he's the go to guy. But there are always more guyw with numbers than there are spots available. He could get screwed again, but I think this is his year.

Tramon Williams - developed into a premier cover corner. However, do enough people know that? I'd guess not yet.

Josh Sitton - OL is a position where you usually go to the Pro Bowl the year after you first deserve it, but once you're in someone has to be spectacular to knock you out. He's deserving, but he goes next year.

Long shots:

BJ Raji - DL is all about sacks. I haven't checked the numbers, but I doubt he has enough. That's a shame, because he deserves to go.

Cullen Jenkins - minus the club he probably has 3 to 5 more sacks and he's a no brainer. But that's not the case and now he'll be hurt leading up to selection time. Doesn't look good.

Chad Clifton - playing as well as he ever has. But even at his best he wasn't a Pro Bowler (I believe his only appearance was as an alternate). He'll likely be an alternate again, but sometimes they'll throw one of these old guys a bone.

AJ Hawk - the guy seems to be an alternate every year following a mediocre season. He's having a better year this year. Does that mean the people that made him an alternate before put him in this year? Stranger things have happened, but still I don't think he goes.

SnakeLH2006
12-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I would have made and agreed with the whole list, but what is with the Rats saying AJ Hawk is pro-bowl worthy? I just got back and he's had his best year and still HASN'T SACKED an NFL QB this year? He's just a cog in the D. Zombo has 4 fucking sacks. Hawk is not that great. Fuck Hawk.

Cliffy has been great and never had been a real Pro-Bowler, but first on fan-ballots this year. He's been great....as have the rest, but AJ is just a guy. Chillar could do his job and then some. AJ will sign with the Lions next year and die out and retire at 29.

MichiganPackerFan
12-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I didn't think Collins was having that great of a year.

wootah
12-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I didn't think Collins was having that great of a year.

Same here. I'm no expert, but I think the shoulder injury limits him substantially when playing; the tackling on the TD from Davis last week also seems to confirm that.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I think Nick Collins should make it. He's made fewer big plays, but this defense on the backend has been ridiculous good. I think our defense is first in giving up the fewest big plays. He also makes enough plays to stay recognized. No safety is going to go the whole year being perfect.

Hawk doesn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl, but who gives a shit about his sacks? Zombo should have sacks. He rushes the passer more plays than not--while Hawk rarely blitzes.

Freak Out
12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Hawk has done whats been asked of him since Nick went down.....not worthy of the Pro Bowl but the guy has played well.

Stop the hate Snake! :)

Nice to see your crazy ass back here btw....just wish the GC was open for business.

DonHutson
12-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not saying Hawk deserves it. I'm simply pointing out he's been an alternate after worse years than this.

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Hawk has done whats been asked of him since Nick went down.....not worthy of the Pro Bowl but the guy has played well.

Stop the hate Snake! :)

Nice to see your crazy ass back here btw....just wish the GC was open for business.

Hawk has been decent this year. I'll give him that, but nowhere near the beast his media team put up after his college career season at The Ohio State University. We were promised sacks in bunches....and he's a deece tackler for once this year, but his awareness (what sold me and most on him including TT in his draft pick at #5 overall in 2006) is quite lacking. Hawk still is a sieve on pass-coverage and really offers no pass-rush. Is he good...maybe, but far from Pro-Bowl worthy. I just watch the games like most, and see his stats...pretty underwhelming for the #5 pick overall. I'm not worried as this tepid debate on Hawk's worthiness to even be a starter ends in the offseason with his bloated contract. He'll sign with the Lions like all ex-Packer LB castoffs and fade out the sunset. At least his wife is smoking hot.

Yes, FreakOut....what's up with the GC.....I was fired up for it, but see it's closed. Where does Skin post his pics nowadays? I'm ffffaaaaaaaaaaaafafffa...fiending for some Skintastic pics in the GC. Peace man...missed ya Freak Out!!

DonHutson
12-29-2010, 10:44 AM
And Hawk is once again an alternate. I bring this up not as evidence that he's good, but to point out this continuing anomoly in the system where he plays OK and gets recognized as a borderline Pro Bowler.

It's just weird. Who's voting for him? Coaches? Players? Fans?

DonHutson
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Not entirely surpised Rodgers got the short end of the stick. Four QB's were worthy.

Clifton got a lifetime achievement award. Good for him.

Hopefully the alternate status or the young guys (Sitton, Williams, and Raji) translates into selections next year.

I'm happiest for Jennings who's been a Pro Bowl caliber player for years.

Pugger
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Hopefully none of our guys will actually play in that game because they have a more important contest the following week! :wink: