PDA

View Full Version : Josh OUT

sheepshead
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I couldnt stand the cut off hoodie look, and who the hell wants a head coach named "Josh"

Josh McDaniels won’t even finish his second season as Broncos head coach.

In a short announcement sent over Twitter, the team announced that “Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen has relieved Josh McDaniels of his head coaching duties.”

McDaniels’ team was 3-9 on the season and 5-17 since they jumped out to a fast start to open the 2009 campaign. The timing of the move is a surprise, although McDaniels was slowly getting buried in an avalanche of distractions, bad personnel decisions, and tough losses.

We’re only a week removed from Bowlen saying that McDaniels was safe, then backtracking hours later. Once viewed as one of the most stable, well-run organizations in football, the Broncos now look like a mess. There are serious questions about whether the right infrastructure is in place and who is making the decisions.

The Broncos exonerated McDaniels after the “Spygate II” affair erupted, but ESPN’s Adam Schefter indicates that played a role in McDaniels’ departure.

“Pat Bowlen decides to make a decision that really was in the makings ever since the NFL found the Broncos guilty of the videotaping incident,” Schefter said. “This is something that clearly the Broncos were thinking about, it was something they were unhappy about in London.”

It’s unclear who will coach the team the rest of the year, but the next full-time head coach has a long rebuilding project. They have a roster full of offensive players that fit McDaniels’ system. They have an aging defense, and not enough young talent because of poor drafts on both sides of the ball. For that, Mike Shanahan and McDaniels are both to blame.

And Bowlen will continue paying them both in 2011.

gbgary
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
oh well.

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Whew! I was afraid we'd lost Josh Sitton.

gbgary
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM

i thought the same thing at first. he did that on purpose.

Cheesehead Craig
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
i thought the same thing at first. he did that on purpose.

Bad sheepshead.

3irty1
12-06-2010, 06:11 PM
This guy was truly a joke. This is likely the end of Tim Tebow's career as well. Maybe the UFL can pick up a pile of weird fans if they figure out a deal once he's out of the league.

wist43
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM

That's exactly what I thought too, lol...

wist43
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Couldn't stand that guy... what a knob!!!

Have any of Belichick's disciples amounted to anything yet???

pbmax
12-06-2010, 06:35 PM

No crap. I guess the ticker is still shock proof.

Guiness
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Tebow the first round choice never made sense. I guess this could well be the end of him, not so sure another HC sees value in him.

pbmax
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
This guy was truly a joke. This is likely the end of Tim Tebow's career as well. Maybe the UFL can pick up a pile of weird fans if they figure out a deal once he's out of the league.

But like everything else this year, it didn't end soon enough for the Bears not to benefit. At least for the last five games or so.

Little Whiskey
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
and the packers didn't even play the broncos yet.

pbmax
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
I thought we would get Singletary knocked off first.

sheepshead
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
No crap. I guess the ticker is still shock proof.

Sorry..my bad

pbmax
12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/thanksjosh.png

Lurker64
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
The Broncos next head coach will have to be chosen from the pool of people who think that Tim Tebow has what it takes to be an NFL franchise quarterback... so at least the search committee won't have to do much work.

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
The Broncos next head coach will have to be chosen from the pool of people who think that Tim Tebow has what it takes to be an NFL franchise quarterback... so at least the search committee won't have to do much work.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/tim%20tebow%20and%20his%20mom.jpg

3irty1
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Did you just nominate Tebow's mom to be the Bronco's next head coach?

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 08:21 PM
According to the condition set forth by Lurker, she qualifies.

Guiness
12-07-2010, 05:30 PM
A lot of talk about the (lack of) Belichick coaching tree. McDaniels, Crenel, Mangini and Weis - none successful.

Freak Out
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
How many ex coaches are the Bronco's paying now?

sharpe1027
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
A lot of talk about the (lack of) Belichick coaching tree. McDaniels, Crenel, Mangini and Weis - none successful.

It is not so easy when you have to do all the cheating on your own.

Fritz
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/tim%20tebow%20and%20his%20mom.jpg

Jayusus. Those are some scary-looking people. If they smile any harder their faces will break. It looks to me like one or both of them have knives carefully hidden behind their backs, and the classic white creeper van parked nearby, waiting.

mmmdk
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I have an imaginary friend called "Josh"...he's a "Yes" man.

Freak Out
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
The dude got screwed....he wasn't given enough time to do what he had to do by the owner. Did he do something we don't know about that pushed the owner to doing this? Perhaps but I think they screwed up by firing the dude.....unless he can bring in a Cower.

Guiness
12-08-2010, 02:33 PM
The dude got screwed....he wasn't given enough time to do what he had to do by the owner. Did he do something we don't know about that pushed the owner to doing this? Perhaps but I think they screwed up by firing the dude.....unless he can bring in a Cower.

I don't think so - he was an unmitigated disaster. I don't think he did much right, other than Orton for Cutler, because Orton turned out to be pretty good. Almost across the board, his other decisions were awful.

Freak Out
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
There was no way they were paying BM..the Broncos made that clear. letting Hillis go was stupid...Tebow...? who knows...guy could rock it or he could stink it up and crater. I still think he'll be a damn good coach and you don't turn around a franchise overnight....Parcells didn't, Belicheat didn't and he wasn't going to. He will get another chance unless we find out the guy broke some serious rules and the NFL bans him or something.

Lurker64
12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
McDaniels presided over some truly horrible drafts. That alone is grounds for stripping his control over personnel.

pbmax
12-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Don't Parcells and Belichick generally take one year and then get to five hundred? The signs were not promising. While I agree he was not given enough time to prove his case, if he doesn't correct his own faults until year 3, when does success happen with a four year deal?

Thompson blew up a veteran heavy team, hit .500 in year 2 and hit the playoffs in Year 3, and that was with two different coaches.

Freak Out
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Was he the GM as well?

Joemailman
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Based on everything I've read, he did make the personnel decisions. Trades, draft, etc.

Guiness
12-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Was he the GM as well?

Xanders holds the GM title, but reportedly answered to McDaniels, who had final say.

It wasn't just Hillis and Tebow. Hillis hadn't shown a lot by then. Tebow could be a player yet (although many think he won't). That's just the high profile stuff. Trading anyone for Quinn, who was likely going to be released was stupid. Signing enough FA's to replace half the roster, some of which didn't make it out of camp? There was one guy he gave a $2 million signing bonus, then cut him before the end of camp!!!! And there was Alphonso Smith, who he gave up a first rounder for, then traded away the next year for Dan Gronkowski...who was selected 255th of the same draft.

swede
12-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Xanders holds the GM title, but reportedly answered to McDaniels, who had final say.

It wasn't just Hillis and Tebow. Hillis hadn't shown a lot by then. Tebow could be a player yet (although many think he won't). That's just the high profile stuff. Trading anyone for Quinn, who was likely going to be released was stupid. Signing enough FA's to replace half the roster, some of which didn't make it out of camp? There was one guy he gave a $2 million signing bonus, then cut him before the end of camp!!!! And there was Alphonso Smith, who he gave up a first rounder for, then traded away the next year for Dan Gronkowski...who was selected 255th of the same draft.

Why can't THAT guy be in my fantasy league. Oh wait...I AM that guy in my fantasy league.